Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 28 Friday, 28 January 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Dial-A-Song TMBG: OMLT TMBG: Dial a song (again) Re: TMBG: Dial a song (again) Re: TMBG: TMBG on Jeopardy Re: TMBG: TMBG on Jeopardy Re: TMBG: TMBG on Jeopardy Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000d01bf68a9$90bc8960$3a956420@oemcomputer> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Dial-A-Song Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:33:25 -0800 DIAL A SONG HAS BEEN UPDATED AGAIN!! I love this!! Erich ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3890B460.621AF7C2@erols.com> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:10:56 -0500 From: Zydell Subject: TMBG: OMLT I had an address change and need to update the person in charge of the OMLT project. I want to make sure My T-shirt gets sent to the right address. Can anyone help me forward the information? ;-) NZ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001e01bf6918$ccc41f80$48de6420@oemcomputer> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Dial a song (again) Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:48:50 -0800 What a treat. It's playing Clowntown and the new album version of Finished with Lies along with an additional "Sleepy" like song-- that just about put me to sleep because it was so "sleepy". Anyone have any thoughts on Clowntown? It didnt seem very child like, I thought it was good but not great. Erich ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:10:11 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial a song (again) << Anyone have any thoughts on Clowntown? It didnt seem very child like, I thought it was good but not great. >> Well, I like it, but I think it needs a little work. I also think it would've creeped me out if I'd heard it as a kid...not that that's necessarily a bad thing Kay ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:19:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Jeopardy I saw TMBG as a category on Jeopardy before. It was around the time TMBG played Till My Head Falls Off on Viva Variety. I saw a commerial this one day that showed TMBG as a category so I taped the show for about three days and finnally saw it but none of the questions were about them. Harry Pyle ------------------------------ Date: 27 Jan 2000 18:50:31 -0800 Message-ID: <-1263123467ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Jeopardy On Friday, March 17, 1939, BirdhouseIYS@aol.com wrote: >I saw TMBG as a category on Jeopardy before. It was around the time TMBG >played Till My Head Falls Off on Viva Variety. I saw a commerial this one day >that showed TMBG as a category so I taped the show for about three days and >finnally saw it but none of the questions were about them. > >Harry Pyle > Hmmmm... I assume the category was named "They Might Be Giants" not "TMBG", right? I guess that's not too surprising since the phrase originated with a internationally known classic work of literature. Even though they didn't mention the band, it still would have been cool to see it up on the game board. If you still have the tapes, maybe Russ Josephsen could include a little excerpt in his next TMBG Video Bootleg. (If he does another one ... and I hope he does!) As far as I know, the only genuine TMBG game show question was in the "You Don't Know Jack" computer game. I wish I could remember the question. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200001280313.WAA35684@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:13:24 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Jeopardy At 06:50 PM 1/27/2000 -0800, Bongo wrote: > As far as I know, the only genuine TMBG game show question was in the "You Don't Know Jack" computer game. I wish I could remember the question. I know there was one on the original YDKJ. The question was something like "Which of the following correctly combines a band name with a natural disaster?", and if I remember correctly the right answer was 'They Might Be A Tsunami' --Jason-- "Gotta find a new place to hang out, 'cause I'm tired of living in hell." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-28 ******************************