Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 4 Tuesday, 4 January 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon Re: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon Re: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon Re: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000104035530.92642.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "jEsSiCa Schleiger" Subject: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 20:55:30 MST I was thinking about this whole Stewy the Dogboy (or whatever) thing, and I realized that TMBG has a standing history with Nickelodeon... remember Clarissa Explains it All? That was my favorite Nick show for a while because in Episode 1, when Clarissa is talking about herself, she mentions that her favorite band is They Might Be Giants, and then they put this cute little flashing cartoon of John & John and the band name on the bottom of the screen for a few seconds...I believe this episode aired shortly after FLOOD was released (or shortly before, I can't quite remember...) Anyway, it was very cool...thanks for sparking the memory!! Jessica, who is desperately clinging to childhood for all it's worth. **************************************************************** ~if mom had known she was expecting, she might have gone to see JAWS, instead of seeing the film where the sound effects came right up through the floor--and I'd be differently formed~ THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS **************************************************************** WARNING: Crummy ad for hotmail appears below. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:30:39 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon Message-ID: <20564-3871776F-23712@storefull-248.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Not only that, but for the first season, there was rumored to be a Flood poster in Clarissa's room somewhere. It was hardly ever seen on camera though (I personally never saw it, but others claim to have). And we can't forget the videos for Particle Man and Istanbul on Tiny Toons. Now They're apparently doing music for Kablam and another Nick show, as well. Man, TMBG is in heavier rotation on Nick than they are on MTV. Love? What do you know of love?!, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <0.984dd4e3.25a2d32d@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:38:05 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon In a message dated 1/3/00 11:32:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << there was rumored to be a Flood poster in Clarissa's room somewhere. It was hardly ever seen on camera >> There were two Flood posters on the wall in her room. I know saw them. One was the one with Linnell holding the accordion and Flansburgh with the guitar amp. The other one was the big-ass TMBG union logo from the album cover. Harry Pyle ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <0.95cc986e.25a2d412@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:41:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG & Nickelodeon I forgot to metion this before but they also used Mono Puff's "Guitar Was the Case" for some Nickelodeon commercial about some kid getting a surar rush or something like that. Harry Pyle- Again ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-4 *****************************