Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 6 Thursday, 6 January 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG on MTV2 TMBG: Man sighting! TMBG: John Linnell on Conan Show TMBG: Man message... Re: TMBG: John Linnell on Conan Show TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <38737956.460AFDB2@st.com> Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:03:18 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: TMBG on MTV2 Hello TMBG-listers, Someone mentioned that MTV2 is playing every video ever aired on MTV in alphabetical order for the new year. I happened to be watching at 7:55 PM MST on Monday, Jan 3 (they were still in the A's) and between songs they showed a news article (text) that talked about They Might Be Giants having released an entire mp3 album Long Tall Weekend. Although the article was mainly about mp3 technology, they mentioned several of the songs, including "Older". Russ ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: lanio@blarg.net Message-Id: <00010514173300.06076@electric.blarg.net> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:17:33 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Man sighting! So I was at the University Bookstore today, and I found some blank flash cards called Mindbenders Study Cards -- basically white notecards held together by a cheap keyring. "Wow," you say, "that's the most interesting thing I've heard all day." But wait! I turned the little pack of cards over, and on the back cover was a picture of the WDTSS Man! I just stood there giggling and gathering them up to purchase. I only got three of 'em, but they'll make lovely gifts, I'm sure. What better way to say "happy Wednesday" to a roommate than with Man flash cards? You could fill 'em up with TMBG trivia and quiz your pets. There are so many possibilities. Just had to share that one. Lani O. P.S., if this flashcard thing is old news, I don't care! *I* just found 'em today. ------------------------------ From: TMBGDot@aol.com Message-ID: <3c.3c60a6d8.25a51dff@aol.com> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:21:51 EST Subject: TMBG: John Linnell on Conan Show Hey everybody- John Linnell and the Statesmen will be on Late Night With Conan O'Brien on Friday, January 7. Set your VCRs! ------------------------------ From: lanio@blarg.net Message-Id: <00010514223400.06199@electric.blarg.net> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:22:34 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Man message... OK, I have a terrible fear that that last message didn't wrap properly and ended up as a terrible long line across the entire screen. Sorry if it did. My email is lame. Lame! :/ Lani O. (the terrible) ------------------------------ Date: 05 Jan 2000 19:04:50 -0800 Message-ID: <-1265023409ggr@WLG.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: John Linnell on Conan Show On Thursday, February 23, 1939, TMBGDot@aol.com wrote: >Hey everybody- > >John Linnell and the Statesmen will be on Late Night With Conan O'Brien on >Friday, January 7. Set your VCRs! > I don't see Conan much but I seem to remember that he never interviews his musical guests. I hope that's not the case with Linnell. It would be nice if he could at least explain the concept of his CD to the uninitiated masses. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: tdk@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 20:33:00 -0800 Message-ID: <0f3b25234040610WS006@ws006.winfire.com> Check out this FREE new service from Broadband Digital Group (BDG). Click on the link below and register now to get "FREE" unlimited high-speed (DSL) Internet access over your everyday phone line - which lets you talk and surf the net at the same time. The service is always on, which that means to you, no more waiting on busy signals and no more dropped connections. Surf the Internet at speeds over 50 times faster than conventional dial-up. All you have to do is download a new Internet Software Application called the FreeDSL Browser Assistant from Winfire. It works with your web browser to provide instant access to useful web sites and services directly from your desktop (it's small enough to fit in your windows start bar). Just click on the attached link to quickly download the program for free. Let me know what you think. Also, once you download and install the software, if you refer the BDG FreeDSL service to 10 other people, you will receive a "FREE" high-speed DSL modem. http://i.winfire.com/s/isapiEng.dll/wf.exe?cmd=dl&190006093,8130,452&.exe ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-6 *****************************