Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 7 Friday, 7 January 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Devil Went Down 7" Single Re: TMBG: Linnell interview on Pickleradio Re: NON TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access TMBG: Best Of The Early Years Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years -Reply TMBG: John Linnell on World Cafe Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years -Reply Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years -Reply TMBG: Re: Man sighting! Re: TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access Re: NON TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access TMBG: Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Re: TMBG: Re: Man sighting! TMBG: Next stops, Linnellston, Flansburgh, and Theyville... Re: TMBG: Re: Man sighting! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: kmend@pacific.telebyte.com Message-Id: <200001060835.AAA28108@pacific.telebyte.com> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:34:13 -0800 Subject: TMBG: Devil Went Down 7" Single Hey, found the devil went down to newport 7" single for sale on ebay...for those interested in owning it you might wanna check it out..no one has bid on it yet that I can see...I got one last year otherwise I'd be on top of it..heh heh later! http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw- cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=dinnerbel ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 01:30:39 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell interview on Pickleradio Message-ID: <6381-387460BF-4012@storefull-244.iap.bryant.webtv.net> There's gonna' be one song on this broadcast of Pickleradio called "Parking Lot." It's by an awesome band that I have the privilege of managing. Their called MunkyDust, and you can see their totally cool website at: http://members.tripod.com/munkydust The song is played about halfway through the show, so look out for it! Remember, your old pal Dexter reccomends it, so it must be good, right? Love? What do you know of love?!, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: <25.2571926d.25a5d8d3@aol.com> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 06:38:59 EST Subject: Re: NON TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access TDK is a great guy, but this had NO business being posted as TMBG to the list. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1F7756518B80D311B08D00805FE603A81473D7@groexmbcr02.pfizer.com> From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:18:12 -0500 Hi Everyone, Just wanted to follow through with my promise. My copy of "Best Of The Early Years" arrived yesterday. The cover has the snowman warming his hands over burning money and the back has the infamous picture of JohnF. on the left lying on the stage with the microphone with no glasses and JohnL. on the right playing accordion. The insert is a single sheet with track list and credits on the back. The CD is printed completely red with TMBG in yellow and the pile of burning money plus a BMG Special Products logo. Track List: 1. Don't Let's Start 2. Ana Ng 3. Youth Culture Killed My Dog 4. We're The Replacements 5. Put Your Hand Inside The Puppethead 6. Purple Toupee 7. (She Was A) Hotel Detective 8. Everything Right Is Wrong Again 9. Cowtown 10. Hide Away Folk Family I got an e-mail notification yesterday that my "LIVE" cd is on it's way. I'll tell you about that when it gets here. Lee Steel Having a backstage pass isn't like Wayne's World.............it's the real world! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3874A609.195FE624@home.com> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 08:26:17 -0600 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years I got my "Live" CD a couple days ago, and maybe soon I'll add it to my visual discography page, which hasn't been updated since, oh, May or so... anyway, the packaging is made up of pix from STD, with the "holes" photo on the front and tiny pix of the accordion and guitar at the top... They Might Be Giants in the same lettering as on TMBG, the back has the car photo. The CD is lime green. The only notable thing is the marquee on the STD CD appears in a fuller form on the inside insert... you can see: Academy TONITE THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS So it's a pic from some club called the Academy. Anyway, it's a decent repackage, mentions tmbg.com and dial-a-song and the like, and looks to have been put together by some kind of designer at least... Destin http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ "Steel, W Lee" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > Just wanted to follow through with my promise. My copy of "Best Of The Early > Years" arrived yesterday. The cover has the snowman warming his hands over > burning money and the back has the infamous picture of JohnF. on the left > lying on the stage with the microphone with no glasses and JohnL. on the > right playing accordion. The insert is a single sheet with track list and > credits on the back. The CD is printed completely red with TMBG in yellow > and the pile of burning money plus a BMG Special Products logo. > > Track List: > 1. Don't Let's Start > 2. Ana Ng > 3. Youth Culture Killed My Dog > 4. We're The Replacements > 5. Put Your Hand Inside The Puppethead > 6. Purple Toupee > 7. (She Was A) Hotel Detective > 8. Everything Right Is Wrong Again > 9. Cowtown > 10. Hide Away Folk Family > > I got an e-mail notification yesterday that my "LIVE" cd is on it's way. > I'll tell you about that when it gets here. > > Lee Steel > Having a backstage pass isn't like Wayne's World.............it's the real > world! ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:38:08 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years -Reply But is it the same music as STD?! Or is there a live version of Dr Worm? Richard >>> "destinb@home.com" 6/January/2000 02:18pm >>> I got my "Live" CD a couple days ago, and maybe soon I'll add it to my visual discography page, which hasn't been updated since, oh, May or so... anyway, the packaging is made up of pix from STD, with the "holes" photo on the front and tiny pix of the accordion and guitar at the top... They Might Be Giants in the same lettering as on TMBG, the back has the car photo. The CD is lime green. The only notable thing is the marquee on the STD CD appears in a fuller form on the inside insert... you can see: Academy TONITE THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS So it's a pic from some club called the Academy. Anyway, it's a decent repackage, mentions tmbg.com and dial-a-song and the like, and looks to have been put together by some kind of designer at least... Destin http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ "Steel, W Lee" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > Just wanted to follow through with my promise. My copy of "Best Of The Early > Years" arrived yesterday. The cover has the snowman warming his hands over > burning money and the back has the infamous picture of JohnF. on the left > lying on the stage with the microphone with no glasses and JohnL. on the > right playing accordion. The insert is a single sheet with track list and > credits on the back. The CD is printed completely red with TMBG in yellow > and the pile of burning money plus a BMG Special Products logo. > > Track List: > 1. Don't Let's Start > 2. Ana Ng > 3. Youth Culture Killed My Dog > 4. We're The Replacements > 5. Put Your Hand Inside The Puppethead > 6. Purple Toupee > 7. (She Was A) Hotel Detective > 8. Everything Right Is Wrong Again > 9. Cowtown > 10. Hide Away Folk Family > > I got an e-mail notification yesterday that my "LIVE" cd is on it's way. > I'll tell you about that when it gets here. > > Lee Steel > Having a backstage pass isn't like Wayne's World.............it's the real > world! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3874B125.37D0DCB@st.com> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 08:13:41 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: John Linnell on World Cafe > From: TMBGDot@aol.com > Message-ID: <0.402644ec.25a3cd91@aol.com> > Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:26:25 EST > Subject: TMBG: John Linnell on World Cafe > > Hey everyone: > On January 12, tune in to World Cafe, a radio show on Philadelphia's 88.5 FM > (WXPN)! Hear John Linnell discuss his new record, "State Songs"! Hear him > play 4 live songs! Check with your local World Cafe affiliate for times. (If > you don't know your local World Cafe affiliate, go to www.xpn.com for help.) Here's the actual link: http://xpn.org/sections/world_cafe.html ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3874B693.534C7DD1@mailandnews.com> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 09:36:51 -0600 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years -Reply Dr. Worm is a studio version, it says so in the liner notes. I haven't listened to it, honestly, but I'd wager $20 everything is straight off of STD. rhilton@bitc.org.uk wrote: > But is it the same music as STD?! Or is there a live version of Dr Worm? > Richard > > >>> "destinb@home.com" 6/January/2000 02:18pm >>> > I got my "Live" CD a couple days ago, and maybe soon I'll add it to my > visual > discography page, which hasn't been updated since, oh, May or so... > anyway, the > packaging is made up of pix from STD, with the "holes" photo on the front > and > tiny pix of the accordion and guitar at the top... They Might Be Giants in > the > same lettering as on TMBG, the back has the car photo. The CD is lime > green. The > only notable thing is the marquee on the STD CD appears in a fuller form > on the > inside insert... you can see: > > Academy > TONITE > THEY MIGHT > BE GIANTS > > So it's a pic from some club called the Academy. Anyway, it's a decent > repackage, mentions tmbg.com and dial-a-song and the like, and looks to > have > been put together by some kind of designer at least... > > Destin > http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ > > "Steel, W Lee" wrote: > > > Hi Everyone, > > Just wanted to follow through with my promise. My copy of "Best Of > The Early > > Years" arrived yesterday. The cover has the snowman warming his > hands over > > burning money and the back has the infamous picture of JohnF. on the > left > > lying on the stage with the microphone with no glasses and JohnL. on > the > > right playing accordion. The insert is a single sheet with track list and > > credits on the back. The CD is printed completely red with TMBG in > yellow > > and the pile of burning money plus a BMG Special Products logo. > > > > Track List: > > 1. Don't Let's Start > > 2. Ana Ng > > 3. Youth Culture Killed My Dog > > 4. We're The Replacements > > 5. Put Your Hand Inside The Puppethead > > 6. Purple Toupee > > 7. (She Was A) Hotel Detective > > 8. Everything Right Is Wrong Again > > 9. Cowtown > > 10. Hide Away Folk Family > > > > I got an e-mail notification yesterday that my "LIVE" cd is on it's way. > > I'll tell you about that when it gets here. > > > > Lee Steel > > Having a backstage pass isn't like Wayne's World.............it's the real > > world! -- Destin Berthelot destin@bigfoot.com "The fourth dimension is just one big crazy do-not-enter clambake jungle of weirdity! And how does it work? Never mind!" -The Tick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3874C273.DF7DC295@mailandnews.com> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:27:31 -0600 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Best Of The Early Years -Reply Just to clarify, I meant the title lettering is the same as on STD, not TMBG... too many damned acronyms.. > > tiny pix of the accordion and guitar at the top... They Might Be Giants in > > the > > same lettering as on TMBG, the back has the car photo. The CD is lime ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:59:10 -0500 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <852knf$24v3$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Man sighting! lanio@blarg.net wrote in message <00010514173300.06076@electric.blarg.net>... > >What better way to say "happy Wednesday" to a roommate than with Man flash cards? I feel all dirty now. Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ From: redips76@airmail.net Message-ID: <3874D71C.CF28DB3E@airmail.net> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 11:55:40 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access tdk@tmbg.org wrote: > What they don't tell you is that without the DSL modem, the service is useless. For DSL to work to its full capabilities, special hardware is required. Without it, you're just stuck with an annoying advertising window. How do I know this? I used to do tech support for an ISP that offered DSL service. Just thought I'd share this with you so nobody gets ripped off. Danielle -- Artists aren't really people. And *I'm* actually 40 percent papier mache. --Morrissey ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001501bf5875$23806c20$8c43c7d0@thedemonickangaroo> From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:37:50 -0500 So sorry, I didn't even mean to post it to the list. -Mike ----- Original Message ----- From: To: ; Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2000 6:38 AM Subject: Re: NON TMBG: FREE High Speed Internet Access > TDK is a great guy, but this had NO business being posted as TMBG to the list. > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200001062333.QAA14344@nim.oz.cc.utah.edu> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:11:58 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Mystery Science Theatre 3000 From: "Scot C. Westwood" Hi I was just wondering if anyone would like to trade mystery science 3000 episodes for TMBG material I have several bootlegs, including Dr. Spocks Backup Band and other rarities including Live !! and the Kit kat acoustical break. I have a cd burner, so you can be assured that the quality will be first rate. p.s. e-mail your responses to me, so we don't clutter up the list Thanks Scot ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006701bf58b6$839a8fa0$1c8e7cce@lanio> From: "Lani O." Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Man sighting! Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:25:48 -0800 -----Original Message----- From: Yer Pal Paul >lanio@blarg.net wrote in message >> >>What better way to say "happy Wednesday" to a roommate than with Man flash >cards? > >I feel all dirty now. You like it, and you know it. :) At a temperature of millions of degrees, Lani O ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:35:33 EST Subject: TMBG: Next stops, Linnellston, Flansburgh, and Theyville... Ooh..ooh..thank you Mark Lerner! {SWAK!} On Mark's webpage, updated yesterday, I believe, he posted the following info: Linnell and The Statesmen upcoming tour dates: Jan. 18th..Philadelphia Jan. 20th..Washington D.C. I heard they were scheduled to play the Black Cat Club on this date, but it was cancelled...so you might want to check on more on this show. (tickets for a Jan 21st show at The Met Cafe in Providence, RI are on sale now through Ticketmaster) Feb. 4th..Boston...opening up for TMBG at Avalon (NEXT outlets and The Orpheum Theatre are handling the sale of these tickets right now) Feb 5th..Providence...opening up for TMBG at Lupo's (Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster) Karen :-) MuseKJ ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:08:46 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Man sighting! In a message dated 1/6/00 10:02:43 AM Pacific Standard Time, PaulLB@aol.com writes: > lanio@blarg.net wrote in message > <00010514173300.06076@electric.blarg.net>... > > > >What better way to say "happy Wednesday" to a roommate than with Man flash > cards? > > I feel all dirty now. > > Yer Pal Paul > Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. > Hey now! This is a F-A-M-I-L-Y channel, so let's not go there. :) And by the way IT DID make a nice "happy wednesday" to a roommate kinda gift. WAY TO GO LANI O !!!!!! -Kreadoubt ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-7 *****************************