Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 9 Sunday, 9 January 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Linnell on Conan TMBG: HELP from Pittsburgh fans! Re: TMBG: Re: Next stops, Linnellston, Flansburgh, and Theyville... TMBG: I know who you are TMBG: Re: I know who you are Re: TMBG: Re: I know who you are Re: TMBG: I know who you are Re: TMBG: Re: Next stops, Linnellston, Flansburgh, and Theyville... Re: TMBG: Re: I know who you are Re: NON-TMBG: Re: I know who you are Re: NON-TMBG: Re: I know who you are Re: NON-TMBG: Re: I know who you are Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <001401bf59e2$99ca0da0$90640818@brln1.ct.home.com> From: "Casey Schreiner" Subject: TMBG: Linnell on Conan Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:13:56 -0500 Did anyone happen to see Linnell performing "Montana" with the Statesmen on Conan last night? It was quite an unexpected- and pleasant- surprise to see him, just as it was a pleasant surprise to learn that he will be opening for TMBG at the Boston Avalon show this February! TMBG and Beck within 7 days of eachother.... I think February is my new favorite month. -Casey ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38761E31.D498BF0C@fruhead.com> Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 12:11:13 -0500 From: lawrence solomon Subject: TMBG: HELP from Pittsburgh fans! This is an important request for anyone who lives in Pittsburgh and has recently shopped for TMBG merchandise at the Record Exchange in Squirrel Hill. It seems that most of the CDs that some fucker ripped off from my apartment have shown up at the store, but they've all been sold. Since I can't imagine a non-fan wanting to buy something like Back to Skull or S-E-X-X-Y, for example (or my promo Long Tall Weekend with a computer printed back) I'm checking here, thinking that some of you might have found my CDs. As far as TMBG stuff goes, it was everything except John Henry (I had it with me)... Mono Puff was all three commercial releases, one of which (Unsupervised) was autographed. There were also some Cub CDs, a Lincoln CD, and a You Were Spiraling CD, and I figured I'd check here first for those, too. (because who else has even heard of them, right?) If you did buy these CDs at the Record Exchange, please email me. -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "You knew it was true, when I held you, there were no secrets. I believed it." -Moxy Fruvous, _I Will Hold On_ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 16:32:56 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <3877AD08.79FF9ACF@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Next stops, Linnellston, Flansburgh, and Theyville... The only problem is that I go to school in PA 9 months out of the year. Right now, I'm home (Geneva) but the second I go back to school TMBG will be in Rochester...it never fails. -A Alterian@aol.com wrote: > > TMBG usually comes to Rochester about once a year so hoepfully in a few > months they'll come. Don't worry. > -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: aknoleages@webtv.net (Dude_Menes) Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 14:03:44 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: I know who you are Message-ID: <4225-3877B440-3366@storefull-247.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I know where you live. All of you. http://community.webtv.net/aknoleages Go to my home page http://community.webtv.net/aknoleages/anarchy ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 18:10:48 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <3877C3F8.ADE41F91@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: I know who you are I don't BELIVE you. -A Dude Menes wrote: > > I know where you live. All of you. > > http://community.webtv.net/aknoleages > Go to my home page > > http://community.webtv.net/aknoleages/anarchy ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <4f.4f246d81.25a91fdc@aol.com> Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 18:18:52 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: I know who you are In a message dated 1/8/00 Pacific Standard Time, Dude Menes wrote in an almost creepy way: > Dude Menes wrote: > > I know where you live. All of you. *jumps to feet* OH NO! The earthlings are on to me! I must move quickly and carry out my plan. Must contact John and John and inform them of the security breech and request for further instruction. In the meantime, I shall return to my blue gelatinous state and meditate with the great snow gods of metapholopolis. I hope that Zanipoletes does not see this as a fall of my power and decree me incompetent for a 112th time.... All Hail Zanipoletes!!!! SHAAPOOM! *disapears into a great cloud of smoke* *cough* ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 18:33:42 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: I know who you are Well, that was completely stupid. A pitiful waste of my time. Pretty lame, especially because I don't have Web TV. My buddies Siskel (from beyond the grave!) and Ebert will back me up, two thumbs way down. Oh, and I doubt you know where I live. You don't even know who I am, that's not my real name (no kidding!) Nice TInky-Winky though. Are you hinting at something? Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000109001548.31118.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Next stops, Linnellston, Flansburgh, and Theyville... Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 19:15:48 EST >Maybe it's just me...but I don't think anyone (TMBG, MP, or Statesmen) >EVER friggin come to the Rochester area anymore. :o( What did we do? >*sniff* > >"I'd rather be whistling in the dark," >-A Yeah! What about us Rochestarians? Crusade for the little guys! Speaking of the Statesmen, I myself was quite disappointed with John Linnell's performance on Conan. There was no stirring harmony on the last verse like on the album, and he seemed out of breath through the whole song. Oh well. Lift that fork, eat that snail, Ian Power http://www.angelfire.com/de/power19/index.html ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:30:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: I know who you are In a message dated 01/08/2000 6:20:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, Kreadoubt@aol.com writes: > > I know where you live. All of you. > > *jumps to feet* OH NO! The earthlings are on to me! I must move quickly > and > carry out my plan. Must contact John and John and inform them of the > security breech and request for further instruction Now now... we musn't reveal the truth.. that John and John are really Red Lectroids from the Eighth Dimension, by way of Planet TEN! BWHAHAHAHAH! SOON! Soon, this pitiful mudball will belong to Lord John Linnell and Lord John Flansburgh! BWHAHAAHAHAHAHH! John Hooper_X, was ionized, but I'm better now. ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:41:18 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: I know who you are In a message dated 1/8/00 5:34:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, EmarZero@aol.com writes: > Now now... we musn't reveal the truth.. that John and John are really Red > Lectroids from the Eighth Dimension, by way of Planet TEN! BWHAHAHAHAH! > SOON! Soon, this pitiful mudball will belong to Lord John Linnell and Lord > John Flansburgh! BWHAHAAHAHAHAHH! > > John Hooper_X, was ionized, but I'm better now. > *slapping self in head* *blue gelatinous spewing everywhere* oh no, I fear I may have placed the mention in grave danger. Quick! Back to the mud pits of the amazon, there's no time to waist! -Kreadoubt, wondering what brought this on so suddenly, but not really wanting to know the answer.... ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <56.56f5cddf.25a94c03@aol.com> Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:27:15 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: I know who you are I know! I'm starting to melt, too! Good news, though, John and John recieved my telepathic message. We're saved!!! Dr. Rick Worm <<>> ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 23:13:15 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38780ADB.613351F8@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: I know who you are Okaaaaaaaaaaaay. I think we've all got a little too much time on our hands. Excuse me while I try to find a hobbie. *sigh* "I'd rather be whistling in the dark," -A CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com wrote: > > I know! I'm starting to melt, too! Good news, though, John and John recieved my telepathic message. We're saved!!! > > Dr. Rick Worm > <<>> ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-9 *****************************