Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 12 Saturday, 12 February 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Partical Man?!? (just delete that last one) Re: TMBG: non-tmbg...quiet Re: Non-TMBG: Quietatude Re: Non-TMBG: Quietatude TMBG: Since it's been so quiet... TMBG: Then and now bootleg TMBG: "IP CD's" Re: TMBG: "IP CD's" TMBG: Re: Partical Man?!? (just delete that last one) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <31.1194ea8.25d572a2@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:11:46 EST Subject: TMBG: Partical Man?!? (just delete that last one) I just checked CDNOW, and there's a new "Digital Recording", called "Partical Man" (yes, spelled p-a-r-t-i-c-a-l). What is this? Anyone heard of this before? I don't think it was there two days ago when I last checked. I just go there to play the sound files when I don't have my CD's around. "I put my hand inside the puppet head, and nothing happens. What's with that?" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38A4265F.550E5D18@fruvous.com> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:10:23 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg...quiet Adrienne Spruill wrote: > > Maybe it's just me, in which case ya'll can tell me to shut up, but it > seems to be awfully quiet on the list lately? Where'd everyone go? Well, the old knowledgeable readers are all still laughing at the OMLT stuff coming back up and the new readers are annoyed by the old readers and formed some sort of other list. Me? I'm waiting for the opportune time to remind everyone that they forgot Careless Santa and only laughing semi-histerically at the OMLT thing since I was too lazy[1] to send my money in. - Chad [1] Yet another piece of solid proof that laziness saves money ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:06:01 -0800 From: "Pzickler" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Quietatude ><< Because nothing says "fun" like having 369123 new messages each hour in a > lively thread about what someone was thinking about eating for lunch. (snip) >And nothing says fun like getting 10 whole messages a month like you get on >this list..thanks LPS! Funny, on my list there were 13 messages yesterday alone. > If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to > tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be > automatically removed. So you mean if I think this list is lame, I can just UNSUBSCRIBE from it instead of whining on the list itself? What a concept! PZ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000211165553.58613.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Quietatude Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:55:53 GMT Pzickler wrote: > ><< Because nothing says "fun" like having 369123 new messages each hour >in a > > lively thread about what someone was thinking about eating for lunch. >(snip) > >And nothing says fun like getting 10 whole messages a month like you get >on > >this list..thanks LPS! > >Funny, on my list there were 13 messages yesterday alone. Ever heard of "hyperbole"? And no, it isn't a faster version of the Superbowl. > > If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to > > tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be > > automatically removed. > >So you mean if I think this list is lame, I can just UNSUBSCRIBE from it >instead of whining on the list itself? What a concept! So, if you think there aren't enough messages on the list, you should unsubscribe and get zero? THAT makes sense! Oh, wait. No, it doesn't. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000211190049.45086.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Amy Greenlese" Subject: TMBG: Since it's been so quiet... Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:00:49 EST Here's a page of palindromes! http://www.wrpsl.org/palindromes.html "Egad a base tone..." is up there already, and the rest are amusing. The WRPSL is the World Rock/Paper/Scissor League, and spun off from an article on www.brunching.com, the Brunching Shuttlecocks. Since there's no TMBG news as of late, you should all check both sites out, as they are highly amusing. Amy :) ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <78.15b8073.25d618c2@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:00:34 EST Subject: TMBG: Then and now bootleg What is the then and now bootleg? Does anyone know? ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <38.2068c6b.25d61959@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:03:05 EST Subject: TMBG: "IP CD's" Does anyone have a copy of the "infamous" irving plaza CD's which they are willing to trade for? If you do, contact me and I'll give you a list of my bootlegs, which includes something pretty new: The House Of Blues show from 9-99. (A+ quality.) Thanks folks. Jon ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000211213620.0095bad0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:37:40 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: "IP CD's" The IPCDs (AKA "Then And Now") is available in mp3 format at http://www.twistid.com/tmbg/ I'm sure those mp3s were made from the original CD-Rs distributed a couple years back. (I still have mine, although they're not in the best of shape.) -Adam At 09:03 PM 2/11/00 -0500, MrBean43@aol.com wrote: >Does anyone have a copy of the "infamous" irving plaza CD's which they are >willing to trade for? If you do, contact me and I'll give you a list of my >bootlegs, which includes something pretty new: The House Of Blues show from >9-99. (A+ quality.) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:27:37 -0600 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <882jg8$1ium$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Partical Man?!? (just delete that last one) wrote in message news:31.1194ea8.25d572a2@aol.com... > I just checked CDNOW, and there's a new "Digital Recording", called "Partical Man" (yes, spelled p-a-r-t-i-c-a-l). What is this? Anyone heard of this before? I don't think it was there two days ago when I last checked. I just go there to play the sound files when I don't have my CD's around. > My guess it's a digital download of "Particle Man" from flood. Don't know what file format it's in, mp3 maybe? -Jay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-12 ******************************