Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 14 Monday, 14 February 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: The Quietness of this List TMBG: Flans Sighting TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting Re: TMBG: The Quietness of this List Re: TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting Re: TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting Re: TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting TMBG: bowery concerts Re: TMBG: bowery concerts Re: TMBG: bowery concerts TMBG: Re: John Linell on Conan O'Brien TMBG: Re: MITM TMBG: MITM and WDTSS Re: TMBG: MITM and WDTSS Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <38A66DFB.15EC80CB@pacificnet.net> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 00:40:31 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: The Quietness of this List Some folks were saying how this list has been really slow lately. I noticed it too. Then Karen KJ Muse said it was because everyone is chatting away at the offtopic list. That *does* seem to be the reason. That list is MONSTROUSLY popular! My feeling is this: I would rather see this list consist of 3 TMBG related post per day than 3 TMBG posts buried between 30 off topic ones. There was plenty of fighting about off topic posts in the past but the off topic list solved the problem. Now you can have the best of both worlds (or just the half you like!) So those of you who want more posts (although they are non-TMBG) check out the TMBG off topic list at onelist.com. As far as the ON topic stuff goes, I'll try to post here more often. I've got a lot to say, but so little time. Have a They day! -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 02:58:39 -0600 (CST) From: Frank Fudderman Subject: TMBG: Flans Sighting Message-ID: Hey everybody! There's this guy at my college who looks exactly like Flans! Well, no he doesn't so much since he lost some weight, but he used to. I know that you have never seen this guy, and you have no idea what he looks like, but it IS related to TMBG. I would hate to trouble you with some bit of human interaction that has no connection whatsoever to TMBG. Because we know that TMBG is the only worthwile thing that one can talk about. --Jamal, Rrrr. On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Bongo wrote: > My feeling is this: I would rather see this list consist of 3 TMBG related post per day > than 3 TMBG posts buried between 30 off topic ones. There was plenty of fighting about off ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:37:33 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38A6CFBD.AABB02F3@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting Theres a guy at my school who lokks like Flans too. I even told him so. He looked at me like I had 2 heads or something. This kid even play guitar and really well too, but alas, he isn't left handed. "I'd rather be whistling in the dark" -A Frank Fudderman wrote: > > Hey everybody! There's this guy at my college who looks exactly like > Flans! Well, no he doesn't so much since he lost some weight, but he used > to. I know that you have never seen this guy, and you have no idea what > he looks like, but it IS related to TMBG. I would hate to trouble you > with some bit of human interaction that has no connection whatsoever to > TMBG. Because we know that TMBG is the only worthwile thing that one can > talk about. > > --Jamal, > Rrrr. > > On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Bongo wrote: > > > My feeling is this: I would rather see this list consist of 3 TMBG related post per day > > than 3 TMBG posts buried between 30 off topic ones. There was plenty of fighting about off ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38A6D033.80736AEE@erols.com> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:39:31 -0500 From: Zydell Subject: Re: TMBG: The Quietness of this List My feelings exactly! NZ Bongo wrote: > Some folks were saying how this list has been really slow lately. I noticed it too. > Then Karen KJ Muse said it was because everyone is chatting away at the offtopic list. > That *does* seem to be the reason. That list is MONSTROUSLY popular! > > My feeling is this: I would rather see this list consist of 3 TMBG related post per day > than 3 TMBG posts buried between 30 off topic ones. There was plenty of fighting about off > topic posts in the past but the off topic list solved the problem. Now you can have the > best of both worlds (or just the half you like!) So those of you who want more posts > (although they are non-TMBG) check out the TMBG off topic list at onelist.com. As far as > the ON topic stuff goes, I'll try to post here more often. I've got a lot to say, but so > little time. > > Have a They day! > > -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:59:08 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting Maybe if he hit his head, he'd be left handed ^_^ -Amber the Transcendent Mistress of the Known Cosmos, Empress for Eternity ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:02:21 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38A70DCD.78301F6F@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting LOL!!! Very true. But that begs the question...what about those of us who are already left handed, but DIDN'T hit their heads? :o) "I'd rather be whistling in the dark," -A Alterian@aol.com wrote: > > Maybe if he hit his head, he'd be left handed > ^_^ > -Amber the Transcendent Mistress of the Known Cosmos, Empress for Eternity ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38A70DED.111B@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:02:54 -0500 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans Sighting You were dropped on your heads as babies by left-handed doctors trying to create an army of lefties to overtake the world with... -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:06:29 EST Subject: TMBG: bowery concerts I was wondering if anyone knew the ages for the april 13, 20, 27, and may 4 shows at the bowery ballroom. I am hoping for 16+.... --matt ------------------------------ From: garrett27@juno.com Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:27:15 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery concerts Message-ID: <20000213.142718.-108547.3.Garrett27@juno.com> << I was wondering if anyone knew the ages for the april 13, 20, 27, and may 4 shows at the bowery ballroom. I am hoping for 16+.... >> I'm curious about this too since I'm 17 and I'm gonna be going to NY for the first time and the 20th is on one of the days I'll be there. Also, does anyone know about ticket prices and availability? I tried the ticketweb place that was mentioned, but turned up nothing. Thanks, Garrett ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:58:42 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery concerts Message-ID: <20000213.175853.-360711.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > I'm curious about this too since I'm 17 and I'm gonna be going to NY > for > the first time since you've never been here i'll let you in on a little secret about NYC - it's one of the easiest places in the world to get a fake ID in no time at all. > and the 20th is on one of the days I'll be there. > Also, does anyone know about ticket prices and availability? I > tried the > ticketweb place that was mentioned, but turned up nothing. ticketweb is probably not going to have much more information until closer to the actual dates of the shows when they start selling the tickets (hence, they're not on sale until the website announces such). Anyone in the city can keep checking the Village Voice and reading the Bowery's listing of shows each week... i think the voice is online somewhere too... As far as availability - i'm not really sure how many people the bowery holds but if i had to guess it's somewhere in the 500-750 range. Anyone here can feel free to correct me if i'm totally off my rocker... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/jordan.html ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 19:28:43 -0500 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <887i10$c75$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: John Linell on Conan O'Brien On January 7, 2000 Linnell was on Conan. He performed the song "Montana" on the tremendous show. Hope this helps, Jose P.S. - It is John LINNELL. :-) James Brown's Funk Foot wrote in message news:20000117094321.11203.qmail@hotmail.com... > Hey- > > How long ago was John Linell on Conan promoting State Songs? I missed the > show (actually I caught the last note) when it was finally on CNBC here in > Germany. > > Bjorky > > BTW, this is my first European Giants sigting. I'll keep you all posted. > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:07:26 -0500 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <887npu$er2$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: MITM The song is 33 seconds, and I really like it. I thought TMBG did a pretty good job with it considering the producers asked for a theme that was about 30 seconds long and was catchy. Jose Ian The Bold wrote in message news:20000124020543.34424.qmail@hotmail.com... > This show was definitely the most funny of the three that have aired so far. > Francis is my favorite character. Loved the little bit of TMHFO during > the clean-up/mess-up scene. I really hate that theme song though. Oh well, > what can you do in 20 seconds? > > You're not the boss of me, > Ian Power > http://www.angelfire.com/de/power19/index.html > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000213200615.00982620@martin.luther.edu> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:07:17 -0600 From: Tarsi Subject: TMBG: MITM and WDTSS Hey, all: Did anyone else think that the WDTSS song on tonight's MITM was slower than normal? It sounded perhaps specially done for the episode...Fact or Fiction? (tm) Tarsi 210 210-------------210-------------------210 Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. 210-------------210-------------------210 ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:51:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: MITM and WDTSS It's probably the single version of WDTSS...if you meant it is slower than the single version sorry Harlan DrSaxx@aol.com CounterfeitFaker@hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-14 ******************************