Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 15 Tuesday, 15 February 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: MITM and WDTSS Re: TMBG: MITM and WDTSS Re: TMBG: Then and now bootleg TMBG: history wants a unaminous face TMBG: Re: history wants a unaminous face TMBG: Re: bowery concerts Re: TMBG: Re: history wants a unaminous face Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <001801bf76de$85c10520$5999e7ce@z0n4g0> From: "balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: MITM and WDTSS Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 06:27:47 -0500 I think that was the single version, but did anyone else think that the remix of reprehensible was absolutely great? It sounded like the johns just doing an instrumental version of it...more like a different version than an actual remix. -Eric Jackson > It's probably the single version of WDTSS...if you meant it is slower than > the single version sorry > > > > Harlan > DrSaxx@aol.com > CounterfeitFaker@hotmail.com > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:35:23 -0500 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <888sjf$ur7$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: MITM and WDTSS Yeah, I loved the instrumental version of Reprehensible. I would concur that it is the single version of WDTSS. Although I missed the opening, another TMBG fan assured me I had missed only a small part of the single version. I have now officially declared the half hour of MITM "sing along to TMBG time". I love the clips, and on top of it I like the show. I hope their is a spin-off CD out of all this. Regards, Jose balloon wrote in message news:001801bf76de$85c10520$5999e7ce@z0n4g0... > I think that was the single version, but did anyone else think that the > remix of reprehensible was absolutely great? It sounded like the johns just > doing an instrumental version of it...more like a different version than an > actual remix. > > -Eric Jackson > > > > It's probably the single version of WDTSS...if you meant it is slower than > > the single version sorry > > > > > > > > Harlan > > DrSaxx@aol.com > > CounterfeitFaker@hotmail.com > > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:41:35 -0500 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <888sv3$uv6$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Then and now bootleg Then and Now is a fan-made and distributed bootleg of 2 CDs. Tracklist (CD 1) includes: Purple Toupee (Track 23) We're The Replacements (Track 22) Lie Still, Little Bottle (Track 21) Where Your Eyes Don't Go (Track 20) Rhythm Section Want Ad (Track 19) Kitten - Intro (Track 18) Famous Polka (Track 17) Nothings Gonna Change My Clothes (Track 16) She's An Angel (Track 15) Cage & Aquarium (Track 14) Hope That I Get Old Before I Die (Track 13) Ana Ng (Track 12) (She was a) Hotel Detective (Track 11) Hideaway Folk Family (Track 10) You'll Miss Me (Track 9) 32 Footsteps (Track 8) Shoehorn With Teeth (Track 7) I'll Sink Manhattan (Track 6) Mr. Me (Track 5) Number Three (Track 4) Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head (Track 3) Cowtown (Track 2) I Might Be Giant (Track 1) Tracklist (CD 2) includes: They Got Lost (Track 20) Reprehensible (Track 19) Counterfeit Faker (Track 18) Certain People I Could Name (Track 17) On The Drag (Track 16) Rat Patrol (Track 15) Spy & I Am Not Your Broom (Track 14) Istanbul (Track 13) New York City (Track 12) Band Intros to Particle Man (Track 11) Exquisite Dead Guy (Track 10) Dig My Grave (Track 9) Till My Head Falls Off (Track 8) Twisting (Track 7) James K. Polk (Track 6) Birdhouse In Your Soul (Track 5) The Guitar (Track 4) No One Knows My Plan (Track 3) S-E-X-X-Y (Track 2) Older (Track 1) If you want to hear the bootlegs go to www.twistid.com and download what you want. If you want more info write back to me personally and I'll tell you more. Regards, Jose wrote in message news:78.15b8073.25d618c2@aol.com... > What is the then and now bootleg? Does anyone know? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38A8096C.3C5A@the-bridge.net> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:55:56 -0600 From: Rj Subject: TMBG: history wants a unaminous face I know this is probably a stupid and ignorant question, but on the inside of the appolo 18 notes is there a faint picture of a fingerprint right next to the song fingerprints, I was looking at the notes the other day and thought I gone insane when I saw a faint gray fingerprint on the paper, I tried to wash it off, thinking it was mine, but only ended up smudging the ink from the song lyrics. -thanks --Rory ---meet george Isner, belgium's famous waffle, dig him up and make him stand, popsicle sticks for hands. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:11:32 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38A83744.190A2B30@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: history wants a unaminous face um....i dont see it, but i also dont have the greatest eyesight in the world. -A Rj wrote: > > I know this is probably a stupid and ignorant question, but on the > inside of the appolo 18 notes is there a faint picture of a fingerprint > right next to the song fingerprints, I was looking at the notes the > other day and thought I gone insane when I saw a faint gray fingerprint > on the paper, I tried to wash it off, thinking it was mine, but only > ended up smudging the ink from the song lyrics. > -thanks > --Rory > > ---meet george Isner, belgium's famous waffle, dig him up and make him > stand, popsicle sticks for hands. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:49:02 -0500 (est) From: Fred Boak Subject: TMBG: Re: bowery concerts Message-Id: Organization: WordStock > From: tmbgirl@juno.com > Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:58:42 -0500 > Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery concerts > Message-ID: <20000213.175853.-360711.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > > ticketweb is probably not going to have much more information until > closer to the actual dates of the shows when they start selling the > tickets (hence, they're not on sale until the website announces such). > Anyone in the city can keep checking the Village Voice and reading the > Bowery's listing of shows each week... i think the voice is online > somewhere too... TicketWeb should have them just as soon as they are available. At least, they did for the NRBQ 30th anniversary shows at the Bowery Ballroom last fall. And the per-ticket charge was only like $2.50 or something ... quite reasonable! > As far as availability - i'm not really sure how many people the bowery > holds but if i had to guess it's somewhere in the 500-750 range. Anyone > here can feel free to correct me if i'm totally off my rocker... > > take it easy, JOrdaN That sounds about right. It's a really great venue. - Fred. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000214172413.00c86770@postoffice.brown.edu> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:25:07 -0500 From: Andrew Sawtelle Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: history wants a unaminous face At 12:11 PM 2/14/00 -0500, you wrote: >um....i dont see it, but i also dont have the greatest eyesight in the >world. >-A > >Rj wrote: > > > > I know this is probably a stupid and ignorant question, but on the > > inside of the appolo 18 notes is there a faint picture of a fingerprint > > right next to the song fingerprints, I was looking at the notes the > > other day and thought I gone insane when I saw a faint gray fingerprint > > on the paper, I tried to wash it off, thinking it was mine, but only > > ended up smudging the ink from the song lyrics. > > -thanks > > --Rory Do you mean the smudge on the pexiglass below the grille in the picture to the left of the text? _________/| |\_________ |_________||ZOT! Andrew_Sawtelle@brown.edu ZOT!||_________| \| www.angelfire.com/ri/kingfisher |/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-15 ******************************