Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 19 Saturday, 19 February 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Poetry & Stuff TMBG: Poetic Songs TMBG: Re: TMBG Poetic TMBG: Newsletter and DAS (formally Brave New World) TMBG: All alone, all alone, all by myself Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 18 Feb 2000 07:44:36 -0000 Message-ID: <20000218074436.28807.qmail@whitfield.chek.com> From: "Shaun Peck" Subject: TMBG: Poetry & Stuff I'd like to make an amendment to my posting dated yesterday. Having read Christina's self agrandizing remarks, I was compelled to throw in my two cents, not realizing that everyone else would do the same and we'd all end up with enough change to buy a Coke. For that, I apologize to everyone for wasting your time. However, I have to say that an entire day's postings to the group merited, like, two interesting postings, more of Christina's "I'm smarter than you all" talk, and tons of people saying exactly what the next guy said. The day before there was some excellent, interesting conversation before the flaming. That was ruined by all this talk. I think discussing whether or not TMBG music is poetic is a valid topic. But flaming is counterproductive to the list and flaming the flamer is pretty much does the same thing. So I suggest that the next time someone tries to be a brat and ruin the party, we should just ignore them. (If no one responds to this I guess I'll be getting a taste of my own medicine, heh heh.) Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38AD6BEC.C06F6BA3@st.com> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:57:32 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: Poetic Songs How about "The Bells are Ringing" from Factory Showroom. With so many levels of interpretation, and so many universal themes, it packs a lot of meaning into a few words. P.S. Check out my TMBG Video Bootleg page at: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:44:12 -0800 From: "Pzickler" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Poetic Make a hole with a gun Perpendicular To the name of this town In a desktop globe; Exit wound in a foreign nation Showing the home of the one this was written for.... Ana Ng and I are getting old And we still haven't Walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence. Listen Ana, Hear my words, They're the ones you would think I would say If there was a me for you... And it skips like a broken record, Everything skips like a broken record, Everything skips until it goes away, And the truth is we don't know anything. I'm a high school English teacher who has read a great deal of poetry (and listened to a great deal of lyrics, most of which would more easily fit into the category of "doggerel" than poetry), and I've rarely found an expression of missed opportunity and longing to match this. The fact that it happens to be my favorite TMBG song doesn't diminish its poetic value. The fact that it's not classic literature or (ugh) Edgar Allen Poe doesn't diminish its startling ability to evoke real feelings and express real ideas. That, Christina (and everyone else), is what makes poetry poetic. I think. PZ ------------------------------ From: cannon10@worldspy.net Date: 18 Feb 2000 17:08:14 -0800 Message-ID: <20000219010814.5751.cpmta@c000.sfo.cp.net> Subject: TMBG: Newsletter and DAS (formally Brave New World) > > I just got my info club thingy yesterday...and it said all the Brave new > world performances were at tmbg.com...might I ask where? I can't find it > even though it's probably rigt in front of me You JUST got yours? I've had mine for months and when i mentioned it on the list no one said a thing. So is everyone getting them now? Well then Ha-Ha ive had mine for months! And that BNW thing-- i looked back then too and found nothing. I would rather them send us mp3's of the actual recordings. Also the demo to 'Working Undercover for the Man' is on Dial-A-Song. Erich ______________________________________________________________ Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38AE1E17.3A31@the-bridge.net> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:37:44 -0600 From: Rj Subject: TMBG: All alone, all alone, all by myself I know this has nothing to do with poetry and I'm sorry to talk about may sorry little sub-subject, but i now KNOW there is a finger print, on the white area and overlapping the words right at the bottom of fingertips, IT HAS TO BE THERE, the middle of the finger print is right around SPACE SUIT, it's obviously a thumb print, it's most visible near the area where it says fingertips, fingertips, right above space suit. YOU CAN NOT SEE THIS IS ANY SORT OF REAL LIGHT, including bright lights. Where I first saw this was at my work place where the lighting is kinda spread out, I found that the super light grey that that it's printed with is a lot easier to see at certain angles, and after you staring at it a long time. It was so light at first I thought it was my own finger smudge, but it's not, I've tried to wipe it off frequently but it refuses to come off, I just made space suit a lot lighter...please someone back me up on this. And yes, I do have a life, if you consider sitting around and looking at this liner note all night a life. my room IS comfortably small, with rubber lining on the walls, and someone IS always caling my name -absolutley Rj's mood ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-19 ******************************