Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 23 Wednesday, 23 February 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: What's Your Favorite TMBG Quote? TMBG: NON-TMBG : James K Polk in at Number 12 TMBG: What's Your Favorite TMBG Quote TMBG: NYC dance concert TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <33.19c94f4.25e3a979@aol.com> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:57:29 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: What's Your Favorite TMBG Quote? As far as the funny TMBG quotes on webcasts.... Is there anywhere I can still DL them? I NEED TO HEAR THEM! PLEEEEASE! So direct me, if you can! Thanks! Lydia Since 1837 ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:04:08 +0000 Subject: TMBG: NON-TMBG : James K Polk in at Number 12 Reported today in The Guardian (an English paper). In a presidential survey of 58 American history professors conducted for the public affairs television channel C-Span James K Polk was voted 12th. Presidents were assessed on 10 qualities, including moral authority (yes Clinton finished bottom of the pile). Other factors seemed to be relations with the US Congress, pursuit of equal justice, economic management and public persuasion skills. The Guardian article said that Polk 'paid $15m for California and New Mexico'. But we know so much more about him don't we!. BTW 1. Lincoln 2 Roosevelt 3 Washington 11 Reagan 21 Clinton 22 Carter 25 Nixon (apart from Buchanan I can't see how anyone could be worse) 38 Warren Harding. His speeches were described as 'an army of pompous phrases moving in search of an idea'! 41 (and last) Buchanan 'blamed for the Civil War' If someone can find a web site I'd love to know about it. Great stuff. Beats poetry any day! Richard ------------------------------ Date: 22 Feb 2000 15:06:50 -0000 Message-ID: <20000222150650.17669.qmail@whitfield.chek.com> From: "Shaun Peck" Subject: TMBG: What's Your Favorite TMBG Quote To Dexter F: I was at that Vegas show too and I think you hit the quote right on. And my favorite TMBG quote would have to be, "It's like playing for a bunch of New York Times fact checkers! Lighten up everybody," said by Flans after citing some dubious scientific facts while playing WDTSS. Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net! ------------------------------ From: Joshua Fried Message-Id: <200002221650.LAA27285@echonyc.com> Subject: TMBG: NYC dance concert Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:50:32 -0500 (EST) Dear People- More of my work NOT with the Johns.... Amy Cox and I will present VAILALA MADNESS Parts One and Two this weekend. I will also do live processing of street sounds for her brand new duet ROMANTICO, featuring video by Kiki Smith. *** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** WHAT: VAILALA MADNESS Parts One and Two Choreography: Amy Cox Original score by Joshua Fried commissioned by Amy Cox Dance Headdresses: Gustavo Asto - Costumes: Katrin Schnabel Danced by Amy Cox, Phillip Karg, Kristi Spessard Also: World Premiere of ROMANTICO featuring video by Kiki Smith and live processing by JF WHEN: Friday-Sunday, Februaray 25-27, 2000 8pm WHERE: Joyce SoHo 155 Mercer Street (betw/ Houston & Prince) NYC HOW MUCH: $15 Reservations: (212) 334-7479 WHY: I find Amy's work powerful and mysterious, and in my highly biased opinion this is her best work yet. I'll quote her regarding my own contributions to VAILALA MADNESS: Part One - "Exquisite", Part Two - "One long holy orgasm." None of it sounds like the work I've done with Flans and Linnell, but that's the way it goes. *** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** www.echonyc.com/~joshua ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:34:10 -0800 From: Kris Maxwell Subject: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Message-id: <0FQC00GPEGLNR4@vega.utulsa.edu> I found this on someone's TMBG .wav page about 4 years ago, i have no idea where it's from, but it was a life-changing experience for me.... JF: ...the sun is large JL: If the sun were hollow a million earths would fit inside... HECKLER IN AUDIENCE: Bullshit! JL: Fuck you man! I know what I'm talkin' about... If the sun were hollow a million earths would fit inside, and yet it is only a middle sized star.... Denom ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001201bf7d70$5be1d840$9d176520@tk421> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:06:47 -0800 That's my new favorite now!! Do you still have the file?? Erich > > JF: ...the sun is large > JL: If the sun were hollow a million earths would fit inside... > HECKLER IN AUDIENCE: Bullshit! > JL: Fuck you man! I know what I'm talkin' about... If the sun were > hollow a million earths would fit inside, and yet it is only a middle > sized star.... > > Denom > > > ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <26.2329f19.25e49f79@aol.com> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:27:05 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote RFLMAO! I hadn't heard that one! *shaking head* I love it when he does that... JF "Hey man! If you don't like the F*****G song, then go stand outside for THREE MINUTES!" JL *very quitely* "yeah!" -Kreadoubt, still giggling In a message dated 2/22/00 10:30:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, kristen-maxwell@utulsa.edu writes: > I found this on someone's TMBG .wav page about 4 years ago, i > have no idea where it's from, but it was a life-changing experience > for me.... > > JF: ...the sun is large > JL: If the sun were hollow a million earths would fit inside... > HECKLER IN AUDIENCE: Bullshit! > JL: Fuck you man! I know what I'm talkin' about... If the sun were > hollow a million earths would fit inside, and yet it is only a middle > sized star.... > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001f01bf7da6$d8da6de0$9f1a99ce@aah1084access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:36:52 -0500 > JF: ...the sun is large > JL: If the sun were hollow a million earths would fit inside... > HECKLER IN AUDIENCE: Bullshit! > JL: Fuck you man! I know what I'm talkin' about... If the sun were > hollow a million earths would fit inside, and yet it is only a middle > sized star.... Aaahhh...this clip used to be on Mr. Flippy's Red Light Fun Time Party Hour, but alas I can no longer find the page Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: 22 Feb 2000 21:52:07 -0800 Message-ID: <-1260866171ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite TMBG Quote This was a few years back at the El Rey Theater in Los Angeles (FS tour). It was a long time ago so I'm reconstructing this from my bad memory: One of the Johns: "The wall in the back is covered with mirrors so we might get distracted as we check our hair during the show." Linnell: "I look tired!" Flans: "I look fat!" (Well, it was funny at the time.) -B O N G O ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-23 ******************************