Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 24 Thursday, 24 February 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: NON-TMBG -- Moxy Fruvous, The Cure, Jonathan Richman TMBG: Bruce Lee Band? Re: TMBG: Bruce Lee Band? Re: TMBG: Bruce Lee Band? TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #26-23 TMBG: Re: Bruce Lee Band? TMBG: Linnell=bass? TMBG: Re: Linnell=bass? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:23:01 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: NON-TMBG -- Moxy Fruvous, The Cure, Jonathan Richman Message-ID: <20000222.232303.-185863.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> I'm sure you've probably gotten a bunch of (ok, at least a few) responses to this but because i was in toronto (and then all over the east coast) the past few days for some fruvous shows - i'm feeling inclined to reply to this now. > For example, Jonathan Richman's "I'm > So Confused" was a great album, but its not like anything from the > Beserkley years. gotta agree with you there but he's still groovy enough to make me want to catch at least one of the two shows he's got here in the city in march... > The live TMBG album was just a dumb > idea to > begin with (how do you put a confetti cannon and a congo line on > CD?), and > even some of the punk bands I like have lost their touch to me. How > many > bands can steal NOFX guitar tabs off websites and claim them as > their own? > Unfortunately..alot. preach it bro! > Also, I just picked up my first Moxy Fruvous album, "You Will Go To > The > Moon", and I like it a whole lot. I've only been able to listen to > like the > first 4-5 songs, though, and I like it alot. wow, there are some days that i'll throw that album in and think to myself "it's a good thing this wasn't the first one i heard" i really only throw that one on for kick in the ass now a days... my three cents would say head straight for "bargainville" or the "b album", then go to "live noise" and "thornhill." in all of my experience of introducing people to fruvous i try to keep them clear of wood until they see what the band is about and in doing so they tend to appreciate it more when they do hear it. > They came to Cleveland a few months ago and I > didn't go to > the show, so now I'm really kicking myself. i know it's a bit late but i think they have a show, er, tonight in dayton, oh. hehee, if you caught it feel free to let us know how it was :D take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/frucon.html <-- yummy pics of us at frucon :D ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <6.2828692.25e529b5@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:16:53 EST Subject: TMBG: Bruce Lee Band? Has anyone heard their cover of "She's An Angel?" I was trying to get a copy last night via Napster, but it took waaay too long... anyone out there got an MP3 of it? I'm a big fan of Skankin' Pickle/Bruce Lee Band, and I'd gladly saw off a limb in thanks. -ez0! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000223092108.00967b30@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:22:25 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Bruce Lee Band? There used to be a .WAV of it on ftp.tmbg.org. I remember downloading that back in '97 or so, before mp3s were really prevalent. It's an OK cover...pretty generic pop-punk, so if you like that sort of thing, you'll probably enjoy the cover as well. You might as well get the CD from Ramen Noodle Records (I think?). It's only like $5. -Adam At 07:16 AM 2/23/00 -0500, EmarZero@aol.com wrote: >Has anyone heard their cover of "She's An Angel?" I was trying to get a copy >last night via Napster, but it took waaay too long... anyone out there got an >MP3 of it? I'm a big fan of Skankin' Pickle/Bruce Lee Band, and I'd gladly >saw off a limb in thanks. > >-ez0! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.20000223101539.0097a6c0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:17:46 -0500 From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: Bruce Lee Band? Yeah, I actually have an mp3 of it. Some ska/punk band, right? Anyone wants it, I can email it to them. -thm- btw, emar, whereabouts do you live? Atlanta area, where? At 07:16 AM 2/23/00 -0500, EmarZero@aol.com wrote: >Has anyone heard their cover of "She's An Angel?" I was trying to get a copy >last night via Napster, but it took waaay too long... anyone out there got an >MP3 of it? I'm a big fan of Skankin' Pickle/Bruce Lee Band, and I'd gladly >saw off a limb in thanks. > >-ez0! ............................................................................. -the hanged man- AIM: THM42 ICQ: 10933909 email: thehangedman@death-star.com web: http://thehangedman.digitaldriveway.com BBS: telnet://solace.digitaldriveway.com Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, American writer and philosopher (1803-1882) ------------------------------ From: JJRRutgers@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:14:58 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #26-23 We all tried to yell a collective BULLSHIT! at a NYC show in October, but it wasn't loud enough. Maybe this time if we all band together, we can make this a TMBG concert-going tradition, everyone yells BULLSHIT!!! when Flans (or Linnell, depending on who is doing the speaking part) mentions, "The sun is so large that a million earths could fit inside!". ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:47:09 -0600 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <891ggc$20fe$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Bruce Lee Band? wrote in message news:6.2828692.25e529b5@aol.com... > Has anyone heard their cover of "She's An Angel?" I was trying to get a copy > last night via Napster, but it took waaay too long... anyone out there got an > MP3 of it? I'm a big fan of Skankin' Pickle/Bruce Lee Band, and I'd gladly > saw off a limb in thanks. http://irc.tmbg.net/ has a copy of the mp3 . Just click on fun stuff, then the special offer page. -Jay ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:49:13 EST Subject: TMBG: Linnell=bass? This is a stupid question that has probably been asked before, and don't flame me....but does linnell actually play bass...or was he "fake-guitaring" in The Guitar video? Harlan DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:27:23 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38B47AEB.36FE19A1@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Linnell=bass? He does play guitar. Plays it in Mr. Klaw also...and probably others too. -A DrSaxx@aol.com wrote: > > This is a stupid question that has probably been asked before, and don't > flame me....but does linnell actually play bass...or was he "fake-guitaring" > in The Guitar video? > > Harlan > DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-24 ******************************