Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 5 Saturday, 5 February 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: I Palindrome I TMBG: recent bootlegs TMBG: Tonight TMBG: TMBG on WLIR 300 TMBG: Boston Show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 04 Feb 2000 01:33:48 -0800 Message-ID: <-1262494470ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: I Palindrome I On Friday, March 24, 1939, Chris Ingalls wrote: >Hello TMBG Fans, > >...does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy of the CD >single of "I Palindrome I?" I go to a lot of used CD stores and I've never seen it once. I saw it on ebay a few days ago. Ebay will probably be the quickest way to get it. (Though not the cheapest.) Unfortunately, that single was released with a cardboard cover, not a CD jewel case. So, it might be hard to find one in very good condition. I bought mine new back when it came out and it has a little wear. If I was smart, I would have put the disc in a jewel case and kept the cover in a safe place. I had those damn cardboard sleeves. Or you can wait till those tracks show up on some kind of Misc. T Vol. 2. We are way over due for a new b-sides collection and TMBG have had some great "b-sides" in the last several years. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000204132203.30074.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kristin ." Subject: TMBG: recent bootlegs Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:22:03 EST Does anyone know where I can get good quality bootlegs from recent shows (preferably CD-R)? I'm mainly interested in the Bowery Ballroom shows this past October. Thanks! ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1F7756518B80D311B08D00805FE603A81474A5@groexmbcr02.pfizer.com> From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: TMBG: Tonight Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:12:56 -0500 Hard for me to believe that no-one wants to car pool to Boston tonight. Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering (860) - 715 - 2328 pager: (800) 760-6206 ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <200002041920.OAA07596@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: TMBG on WLIR 300 Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:20:41 -0500 (EST) I was cruising around the web and I was sent to a website for a radio station out of New York called WLIR 92.7. Since I had been on an Alphaville website, their song 'Forever Young' topped the chart but I looked at all 300 and at #299 is They Might Be Giants "Don't Let's Start" Check it out at: http://www.wlir.com/template.cfm?title=lir300 -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <389B72AB.7BB113FB@bu.edu> Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 00:45:31 +0000 From: Casey Schreiner Organization: Boston University Subject: TMBG: Boston Show OK, I just got back from the TMBG concert in Boston... a life-changing experience, I must say :) I've seen them three times in concert, and this was by far the best show. Linnell was in rare, excitable form, and Flansie was his usual energetic self. So, anyways, here's the point of this message: Since this concert was soooo cool, if anyone happens to get this on CD, I would love to have a copy. So, put me on your list, or whatever. I know it's a little early, but I like to be prepared :) -A delightfully euphoric Casey ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-5 *****************************