Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 7 Monday, 7 February 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Rubaiyat Re: TMBG: Rubaiyat Re: TMBG: Rubaiyat Re: TMBG: MITM Revisited TMBG: The show in Boston TMBG: Re: MITM Revisited Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <7d.c7379c.25cf0f6c@aol.com> Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 12:54:52 EST Subject: TMBG: Rubaiyat What the heck is "Rubaiyat"? Twistid.com/tmbg says that One More Parade was included on this album. Does anyone have info on this compilation CD? Jon ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000206132820.00951400@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 13:29:28 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Rubaiyat It's a double CD released to celebrate Elektra's 25th anniversary (I think it was the 25th, anyway) with current Elektra artists covering hits in Elektra's catalog. The vast majority of the covers are really, really bad. :) -Adam At 12:54 PM 2/6/00 -0500, MrBean43@aol.com wrote: >What the heck is "Rubaiyat"? Twistid.com/tmbg says that One More Parade was >included on this album. Does anyone have info on this compilation CD? ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <3f.9fe3ba.25cf1873@aol.com> Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 13:33:23 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Rubaiyat In a message dated 2/6/00 10:01:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, MrBean43@aol.com writes: > What the heck is "Rubaiyat"? Twistid.com/tmbg says that One More Parade was > included on this album. Does anyone have info on this compilation CD? It's Elektra's 40th Anniversary albumn . One More Parade is a cover from a Phil Ochs album, 1964, titled Au The News That's Fit To Sing. tha's all folks! -Kreadoubt "Yeeeaaaaah. We had to stop playing stump the band, because there were just to many songs we just didn't know" JL ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002501bf70f4$94213a80$f4de6420@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: MITM Revisited Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 14:50:28 -0800 Was that commercial for Q13 FOX's new morning show? Cause ive seen a ton of spots where they play a different song and stuff. Playing 'Boss of Me' eh? Thats coolness. This show is really getting TMBG alot of attention. Maybe the theme will get as much attention as the Friends theme did. They'll play the song to the death on the radio and then they'll make a silly video with the cast of the show singing with the John's and it will win all kinds of awards and TMBG's next album will go gold and tickets to their arena shows will be sold out within record time. hmmmm.... Erich ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 06:05:02 -0500 From: sangha@bu.edu Message-ID: <389D555E.DC461AAC@bu.edu> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: The show in Boston Does anyone have the setlist for the boston show? ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <35.fed14e.25cf7f7d@aol.com> Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 20:53:01 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: MITM Revisited n a message dated 2/6/00 1:24:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, Kreadoubt@aol.com writes: << Anyway, the theme for MITM starts up and get all excited, thinking maybe they're just replaying an episode for lack of something better. But, when I looked up, they were running a commercial for the local Fox News Team. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that anywhere else? >> Yes! Here in Cleveland, there have been commercials for the ten O'Clock News. The lead story (ha!) is an interview with Frankie Muniz. And what they playing? The theme! Yes! I'm very happy. "I put my hand inside the puppet head, and nothing happens! What's with that?" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-7 *****************************