Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #26-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 26, Number 9 Wednesday, 9 February 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: 4 Comments on Malcolm Episode #4 TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000d01bf721f$da3c49c0$166a2581@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: 4 Comments on Malcolm Episode #4 Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 02:32:49 -0800 > 1) Last Sunday's Malcolm didn't use any TMBG album tracks but there was some decent background music. The music during the wood chipper scene was especially cool. It didn't really have lyrics but it did have vocals by Flans. That song is called 'Monster' and you can get the mp3 from Radio Tmbg at http://xooming.to/tmbgland > 2) I'm beginning to suspect that all of the original TMBG music for the show is actually being done by Flans alone. Maybe its just being credited to "They Might Be Giants" like with the Coke radio spot. Notice that we haven't yet heard Linnell vocals on the music exclusive to the show. (Well, I hope my theory is wrong.) I had the same feeling but I sort of doubt it. I've heard alot of piano and synthesizer in that episode (that whole church scene's music seemed very Linnell) of course its possible that its all Flans but as he said in EW its a huge workload i doubt he'd do alone. That episode was pure wall to wall music and in my opnion the funniest. looks like the ratings will stay high cause they seem to be keeping it on sundays cause futurama is back on sundays at 7. Erich ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:37:33 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle Message-ID: Fox Orders More 'Malcolm' February 8, 2000 5:46 am EST By Michael Schneider HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Fox has ordered 16 additional episodes of the midseason comedy hit "Malcolm in the Middle," the network announced Monday. Three episodes will run as additional installments in the May sweeps; the remaining 13 are for the show's fall run, which may begin as soon as August, the network said. "Malcolm" has been the boss of its time period since debuting last month to a strong 12.1 Nielsen household rating and 17 share. Season to date, "Malcolm" has averaged a 10.8/23 share among adults 18 to 49, up 71% from Sunday 8:30 p.m. slot average last season. The show is also attracting an average of 21.6 million viewers a week, up from 11.9 million in the slot last year. Given the lackluster performance of this fall's new sitcoms, even Fox's rivals have heralded "Malcolm" as proof that the comedy form is still viable. Fox has aired four original installments of the single camera half-hour so far, improving upon its "Simpsons" lead-in every week. -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ "Wait a minute! This submarine turns you into children!" - Dave Foley ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #26-9 *****************************