Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #27-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 27, Number 11 Saturday, 11 March 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: tmbg cover TMBG: Favorite bands TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #27-10 TMBG: CD-RW? Re: SORTA-TMBG: Our own bands Re: TMBG: tmbg cover Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <4e.2a9cef4.25f9fd93@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 02:26:11 EST Subject: TMBG: tmbg cover I was wondering, if there was a They might be giants tribute cd what bands would you guys think would be best suited to cover a tmbg song? and what song? i'd have to say: Weezer covers Till my Head Falls Off Foo Fighters covers Its so loud in here Violent Femmes covers Statue got me High any other sugguestions??? ------------------------------ From: JJRRutgers@aol.com Message-ID: <10.1445a77.25fa725f@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:44:31 EST Subject: TMBG: Favorite bands Okay, I'll bite. This is my short list of bands I enjoy listening to: Billy Joel (Went to see him on New Year's Eve, I'll never forget it) Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Saw them twice as Roseland, incredible live band) Beatles (Beatles convention in two weeks!!!) Queen (Loser's Lounge tribute last week rocked with Robin Goldwasser) Ben Folds Five (Amazing pianist) Barenaked Ladies (Old stuff is better) Pietasters (My favorite ska band, plus I soloed with them!!!) Rush (Progressive rock at it's best) Dream Theater (Progressive metal at it's best, get their new album, please!!!) Weird Al (TMBG fans make up a lot of his audience obviously) Reel Big Fish (Another awesome ska band who opened for TMBG) Pink Floyd Meat Loaf (Tom Brislin of You Were Spiraling toured with Meat Loaf, can be seen on VH1 Storytellers) And my new flavor of the month, Moxy Fruvous. ------------------------------ From: Josh2Face@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:25:59 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #27-10 Well, originally I was opposed to this thread but oh well, I'll share my favorite music acts myself...why? Because I'm bored. Hepcat The Slackers Face To Face Soundgarden The Cure Jonathan Richman mxpx The Vandals 22 Jacks The Ramones Lincoln The Articles The Scofflaws The Suicide Machines The Pilfers Dead Milkmen Rancid Squirrel Nut Zippers Royal Crown Revue Moby Bad Religion Modest Mouse Promise Ring The Get-Up Kids The Descendents Radiohead Beastie Boys Mono Puff John Linnell Mr.T Experience The Smooths The Beatnik Termites Mustard Plug Unwritten Law U2 REM NOFX Tom Petty Pavement Counting Crows The Rentals Mighty Mighty Bosstones Mr.Bungle Toots and the Maytals Well, I probably have too many CDs and probably too many different feelings. I mean, I only listen to certain CDs when I want to, like the Sex Pistols or like the Skandalous All-Stars or something, and well...the other stuff is just all over the place. ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: <32.230b4fe.25fac26d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:26:05 EST Subject: TMBG: CD-RW? Okay, I know this has been discussed before, and I had the email saved...but my computer crashed, and I lost all of my files!!!! Anyway, I bought a new computer with a CD-RW drive in it, and I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to record mp3s onto the CDs. I think I remember it involving something like converting the files to wav, but I don't remember.... I am going to go and try to find (and re-download) all the mp3s that I lost when the computer crashed. :-( ~Kimberly Oh yeah, by the way..my husband (who is a TMBG hater) recently bought me Back to Skull off of CDNow, and the other night he actually listened to James K. Polk on our way to the grocery store. His reaction = "It's okay, but why do they call him Napoleon of the whatever?" Am I starting to convert him????? ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <2b.2e12f03.25fad76c@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:55:40 EST Subject: Re: SORTA-TMBG: Our own bands I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to tell about. I'm starting a band with a girl. Right now we have me on acoustic (soon to be electric) guitar, and she plays upright band. I will be also working a drum pad (we think sometimes live, sometimes sampled). We may or may not soon have another guitar player, violin, and keyboards. Don't we sound, ahem, hip? By the way, we will be heavily influenced by TMBG. Other bands which we will cover/do stuff in the tyle of (which is another old post) are Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind, Wierd Al, and Matchbox 20. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <30.24ba884.25fad86e@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:59:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg cover Wierd Al doing "Everything Right is Wrong Again" (get it?) "Puppet Head", or some other ealry stuff. Smash Mouth doing "Stomp Box" or something similar. I forgot to say in my band post that w'ere probably gonna call it "Werm". "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #27-11 ******************************