Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #27-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 27, Number 23 Thursday, 23 March 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Question. TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #27-22 TMBG: Re: Question, Oh yeah... TMBG: TMBG's New "Rock Album" TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Re:TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Re:TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Re: TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Re: TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 03:14:41 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <8b9vg9$2ke8$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Question. You misunderstood. The email from emusic is not the newsletter. They want to send you the new newsletter, which contains details of the next album. You can submit your address at www.tmbg.com. -Mike Brett Byrd wrote in message news:38D83610.41520583@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu... > In the TMBG newsletter that just came out it stated that they would like > to send their new rock album out to those who send them their email and > real mail address. I guess my question is how do I send TMBG or EMUSIC > my real mail address or email address? > > tanks, > > GooN ------------------------------ From: KingoPuns@aol.com Message-ID: <4a.3101f6e.2609e60a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:02:02 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #27-22 In a message dated 03/21/2000 11:06:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org writes: << In the TMBG newsletter that just came out it stated that they would like to send their new rock album out to those who send them their email and real mail address. I guess my question is how do I send TMBG or EMUSIC my real mail address or email address? >> ummm...Goon, I think that the wording was kinda odd...but that they said that they would like to send the new TMBG newsletter with info ABOUT their new rock album =) ^i^ Weez'L ^i^ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:31:32 -0600 From: Brett Byrd Message-ID: <38D8A103.7FF224E6@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Question, Oh yeah... ick...don't I feel stoopid. ------------------------------ Date: 22 Mar 2000 08:00:46 -0800 Message-ID: <-1258410452ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: TMBG's New "Rock Album" >"TMBG NEWSLETTER -Contains details about our much delayed, but eagerly >anticipated rock album, which is due out in a few months." Wow! I had no idea it was going to be that soon! Then again, it has been a long time since their last real, all studio album. I was so excited that I looked up the word "few" in the dictionary. It says: "some but not many". Some help that is! I think there's an unspoken understanding that "few" basically boils down to 3. It wouldn't be 2 because they would have used the word "couple". I suppose it *could* be 4 but 4 doesn't have that "few" feel to it the way 3 does. And any number above 4 gets into "several" territory. I'm assuming that the official e-mail was sent out on Tuesday (3/21). New CDs always come out on Tuesdays and since there are four weeks in a month, that means it would be out in 12 weeks from the date the e-mail was sent. So there you have it! The new CD will be out on JUNE 13! Its gonna be a TMBG summer! I also predict that after the the official release date is announced, it will be pushed back by a couple of weeks, a couple times (four weeks). So I'll revise my prediction to Tuesday, JULY 11. But I also predict the new CD will be available a month in advance as an MP3 download from emusic.com. So you could actually be hearing it on July 13 after all. Keep in mind however, that that most of the world will be destroyed by nuclear holocaust in the last week of May so that could slow things down. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: TMBGDot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:28:52 EST Subject: TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Hi everyone- The openers for the upcoming TMBG Bowery Ballroom shows are April 13: John Linnell & the Statesmen, The Conformists April 20: Rustic Overtones April 27: You Were Spiraling May 4: The Davenports Hope to see you all there! ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0003229537.AA953750781@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:41:10 -0500 Subject: Re:TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Awwww.... what happened to Michael Shelley? I wanted to hear "Surfer Joan" again. Hey, is there any set plan as to what sort of shows on what nights? You know, oldies, horn section, songs that mention a part of the body..... Not that any one TMBG show is in any respect remotely inferior to any other TMBG show, but last Fall we saw the "Predominantly New Stuff" show, & we thought we'd try something else this time around. Karin H - - - Free the Expo 67 - - - ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000323014941.28588.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: Re:TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:49:41 EST Yuck. Hopefully he's out of the picture for good. Did anyone else really not like him? Lift that fork, eat that snail, Ian Power http://www.angelfire.com/de/power19/index.html ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <68.2028da0.260ad4c4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:00:36 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers In a message dated 03/22/2000 8:57:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, tmbgbffmfgus@hotmail.com writes: > Yuck. Hopefully he's out of the picture for good. Did anyone else really > not like him? Ugh. He was a jackass when I saw him. Anyone who berates audience members is not cool with me. And he just had this... *sleazy* feel to him. I dunno. He bugged me. And his stuff isn't my taste, either. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:24:34 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38D99C82.D53DBB@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Bowery Ballroom show openers He was okay. His bass player was hot. -A Ian The Bold wrote: > > > > Yuck. Hopefully he's out of the picture for good. Did anyone else really > not like him? > > Lift that fork, eat that snail, > Ian Power > http://www.angelfire.com/de/power19/index.html > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #27-23 ******************************