Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #27-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 27, Number 26 Monday, 27 March 2000 Today's Topics: NON-TMBG: Band Names Re: NON-TMBG: Band Names Re: NON-TMBG: Band Names TMBG: Chapter 46: The dismal encounter. Re: NON-TMBG: Band Names TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie Re: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie Re: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie Re: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000326171824.39353.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: NON-TMBG: Band Names Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:18:24 EST Hey- I have a band that is about to perform in a month, but we have a problem - that is to say, we have no name. We are stumped and any suggestions from out there in TMBG land will be greatly appreciated and rewarded with an e-pat-on-the-back. What we've come up with so far is: Dr. Wango-Tango Mr. Bojangles The Four Corners Answer Man Crimson Potato Chip The Music Factory Now In Color Eye of Newt Thanks for help, Ian Power (Your best friend) ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38DE49C9.3E40@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:32:56 -0500 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Band Names Of the ones you listed, Eye of Newt sounds best. The Music Factory doesn't sound that great. Sorry I can't give any new suggestions, I'm facing a similar problem. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, Triumvir Fantasy Sports Campaign Manager, OUK 2000 docworm@tmbg.org, docworm@icestorm.net ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000326124748.0095d440@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:48:04 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Band Names I've always been partial to: Number One Kitty and Dippin' Sauce -Adam ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <4d.25eb875.260fac67@aol.com> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 13:09:43 EST Subject: TMBG: Chapter 46: The dismal encounter. CHAPTER 46 I sat down in Global Studies the other day at my usual desk. I was surprised and delighted to see enscribed on the desk: 718.387.6962. naarrr. I could barely contain my excitement. I was about to shriek in joy when I realized that I wrote it, so I didn't really care anymore. Next time: Chapter 47: I'm not blue. Abbadi Abbada. I'm not Blue. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000f01bf9763$60bb3020$99946420@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Band Names Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:39:24 -0800 Mr. BoJangles is a good choice cause it is but in the long run (if there is for you) you might be infringing on copyrights or something. How bout "Ty'n-er up" or "Adam Aunt" (ha ha) but seriously-- Erich ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38DEB2FF.52AA74EF@home.com> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:01:51 -0600 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie So this is odd... I was at an FYE (For Your Entertainment) in Irving, TX today, lazily browsing the DVD section, and I saw the George C. Scott movie They Might Be Giants. But the section divider card behind the 3 copies of the DVD said, strangely enough, "They May Be Giants." Just thought that was kinda funny, and while I hate the whole "It must be a TMBG reference!" thing, um, that's a little too weird even for skeptical ol' me.... musta been a fan employee screwin' around when they made the label... Unrelatedly, they also had Six String Samurai on DVD. Never seen that in any offline store. If you haven't checked out that movie, do so immediately. Destin http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003601bf9789$df4de100$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:14:44 -0500 Organization: Marymount College umm I thought that was like well-known or something...or at least one of the well-known theories as to where tmbg got their name. ----- Original Message ----- From: Destin Berthelot To: Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2000 8:01 PM Subject: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie > So this is odd... I was at an FYE (For Your Entertainment) in Irving, TX today, lazily browsing the DVD section, and I saw the George C. Scott movie They Might Be Giants. But the section divider card behind the 3 copies of the DVD said, strangely enough, "They May Be Giants." Just thought that was kinda funny, and while I hate the whole "It must be a TMBG reference!" thing, um, that's a little too weird even for skeptical ol' me.... musta been a fan employee screwin' > around when they made the label... > > Unrelatedly, they also had Six String Samurai on DVD. Never seen that in any offline store. If you haven't checked out that movie, do so immediately. > > Destin > http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004101bf978a$aa375fe0$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:20:36 -0500 Organization: Marymount College ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ignore everything i just said... I saw this movie title too and wondered the same thing myself ----- Original Message ----- From: Christina Rockwell To: Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2000 8:14 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie > umm I thought that was like well-known or something...or at least one of the > well-known theories as to where tmbg got their name. > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Destin Berthelot > To: > Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2000 8:01 PM > Subject: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie > > > > So this is odd... I was at an FYE (For Your Entertainment) in Irving, TX > today, lazily browsing the DVD section, and I saw the George C. Scott movie > They Might Be Giants. But the section divider card behind the 3 copies of > the DVD said, strangely enough, "They May Be Giants." Just thought that was > kinda funny, and while I hate the whole "It must be a TMBG reference!" > thing, um, that's a little too weird even for skeptical ol' me.... musta > been a fan employee screwin' > > around when they made the label... > > > > Unrelatedly, they also had Six String Samurai on DVD. Never seen that in > any offline store. If you haven't checked out that movie, do so immediately. > > > > Destin > > http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ > > > ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:38:23 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: They May Be Giants: The Movie In a message dated 03/26/2000 8:10:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, destinb@home.com writes: > Unrelatedly, they also had Six String Samurai on DVD. Never seen that in any > offline store. If you haven't checked out that movie, do so immediately. > I'm gonna vouch for 6SS as a Great Freakin' Movie. That's a good one, gang. Go get it. :D ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #27-26 ******************************