Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #27-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 27, Number 4 Saturday, 4 March 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Demo Tapes NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT TMBG: Freaking Out The Johns Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT TMBG: Is coming to take you along.... TMBG: XXXXXX TMBG: Re: My TMBG Experiences Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 11:14:37 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38BFE4ED.339D6202@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Demo Tapes De ja vou. MrBean43@aol.com wrote: > > Hey all, > > Could anyone out there give me info on their Demo Tapes. I've been finding > contradicting information on them. > > First, how many different demo tapes are there? What year were they put out, > and what songs are on them? > > Any information you could give, (preferabaly correct info), would be much > apreciated. thanks > > Jon > > PS-sorry about the first e-mail, it got sent out as a reply to an earlier > thread...and to some guy. ------------------------------ From: cambot@juno.com Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:36:14 -0500 Subject: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT Message-ID: <20000303.123614.-300247.0.Cambot@juno.com> I don't know why I'm forwarding this... I hate forwards with a passion. I would like to see the whole country stick it to the oil industry though. >> > >> > > This message was received and forwarded - please forward it! Anytime we can stick it to them it's a good day. Last year on April 30,1999, a gas out was staged across Canada and the U.S. to bring the price of gas down, and it worked. It's time to do something about it again. This time, lets make it for three days instead of just one. The oil cartel decided to slow production to drive up gasoline prices. Lets see how many Canadian\American people we can get to ban together for a three day period in April, NOT TO BUY ANY GASOLINE, during those three days. LETS HAVE A GAS OUT. Do not buy any gasoline from APRIL 7, 2000, THROUGH APRIL 9, 2000. Buy what you need before the dates listed above, or after, but try not to buy any during the GAS OUT. If you want to help, just send this to everyone you know and ask them to do the same. We brought the prices down once before, and we can do it again!Come on North America lets stand together. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Even if you receive this 100 times keep passing it around, this way you know everyone is being informed .................................... Let the "Don't forward crap" flames begin Steve! ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <200003031853.NAA15216@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:53:48 -0500 (EST) Not to mention buying less gas to put in your car will pollute the environment less. Is this gas-out toimply drive gas prices down so we can drive everywhere and pollute the environment more? In some ways having $2 or $3/gallon gas would probably make people drive less, in an odd way it could be quite beneficial. I wish I had the means to simply drive less 8-( -Matt ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 13:27:09 -0800 From: Kris Maxwell Subject: TMBG: Freaking Out The Johns Message-id: <0FQV00G4M1UOAQ@vega.utulsa.edu> Ok i guess i have something to contribute to this one... When i saw Them in Dallas at Deep Ellum Live back in 97 or so, i was right up front following the conga line, and I was on Linnell's side of the stage (which was strangely on stage left this evening). Anyway, there was a long pause as he was switching over to the accordion, and people were screaming out song names for him to play... Taking a cue from some lady on a recording of a show from CBGBs that i heard, i yelled out CABBAGETOWN plaintively... Linnell cocked his head towards me and gave me a "what the fuck?" kind of look, and went back to what he was doing... I think it was the same show where i waited outside their bus to give one of them a copy of the video i had made for Fingertips.. i ended up handing it off to Flans as he was getting in the car, and he looked at me like i was a psycho or something, which was pretty cool :) Kris ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <13.228a60f.25f16e3c@aol.com> Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:36:28 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT I've learned in German Class in school that the European price for gas is inredibly higher than ours. The people of the United States are just spoiled by our lower gas prices and when they raise they throw a fuss...very similar to the Revolutionary War... ~^v^~ Amber, the Transcendent Mistress of the Known Cosmos, Empress for Eternity ~^v^~ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:08:42 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT Message-ID: <20000303.151053.-145857.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > I wish I had the means to simply > drive less 8-( hehee, one of the *other* plusses to living in NYC :P (and you all thought that TMBG shows were the only reason) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:44:48 -0500 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <89p7oi$1123$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: FWD: GAS OUT Alterian@aol.com wrote in message <13.228a60f.25f16e3c@aol.com>... >I've learned in German Class in school that the European price for gas is >inredibly higher than ours. The people of the United States are just spoiled >by our lower gas prices and when they raise they throw a fuss...very similar >to the Revolutionary War... > Say what? The Revolutionary War was caused by high gasoline prices? I'm pretty sure that it was because the British didn't dig on George Washington chopping down all them cherry trees after those crazy Indians wasted all that tea. Then a little while later, Abe Lincoln was born in a log cabin that he built with his own hands. The end. Hi John and John. Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000401bf857e$1154b200$b1946420@tk421> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Is coming to take you along.... Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:05:07 -0800 Hey everyone check out the NEW Dial-A-Song dot com! The only thing you can do right now is click on the old mans bow tie but soon it will be playing Malcolm in the Middle stuff! Erich ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000401bf857e$56c52f40$b1946420@tk421> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: XXXXXX Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:07:03 -0800 Scratch that everyone its playing songs! Just hit the bullseye! Erich ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:29:16 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <89q3ht$8uu$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: My TMBG Experiences That's right, I'm going for fifty in April. Jealous? :) -Mike Adrienne Spruill wrote in message news:38BEACCE.7C0043B3@epix.net... > You've seen TMBG 46 times! SHEESH! I've seen them twice in the past > year. > -A ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #27-4 *****************************