Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #27-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 27, Number 7 Tuesday, 7 March 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: The Name Game -Reply TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? TMBG: you were spiraling Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? TMBG: The Name Game Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? TMBG: what else are you listening to? Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:53:06 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Name Game -Reply Talking to a Doctor friend of mine he says the big advantage of being a doctor is that the Bank Manager is so so very nice to you! I also believe it can help when you want to upgrade on airline flights. Oh by the way our (English) fuel prices are a lot higher than yours. Most of it is taxes of course. A big issue in rural areas where there is minimal public transport and families need a car (if not two). Just wish they would put all the tax on tobacco, but then that would encourage smuggling from Europe! Richard Richard >>> "MTXstar77@aol.com" 5/March/2000 03:29pm >>> hmmm.. I suppose you could just have everyone you know call you Doctor Rick Worm.. sign papers like that.. but legal docuuments and important things you could just use your real name.. depending on how serious you are about this... Jessica ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:09:04 -0500 Subject: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Message-ID: <20000306.160907.-3727317.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> hey hey - this thread has come up on a few of the other NGs i pretend to read so i was just curious to know what's on each of your list of "groovy music you're listening to." just because i feel like sharing... belle and sebastian bran van 3000 built to spill tory cassis elvis costello (late 80's/spike era) nick drake eddie from ohio (& robbie schaefer) fleming and john jump little children marcy playground erin mckeown danny michel moxy fruvous mr t experience nerf herder (new album tomorrow!) push stars self semantics treble charger take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:36:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? In a message dated 3/6/00 4:19:00 PM, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: >hey hey - this thread has come up on a few of the other NGs i pretend to >read so i was just curious to know what's on each of your list of "groovy >music you're listening to." just because i feel like sharing... mmkay. didn't we just do this? hm. anyway. i got another psychedelic furs cd yesterday. their self titled. and there's pictures of them on the back, and tim butler looks a lot like linnell in it. made me laugh. i scanned it.. http://members.aol.com/limezinger/notlinnell.jpg aside from them... umm... i've been listening to a bunch of blur singles/remixes... and the new beck cd.. the velvet goldmine soundtrack is still wonderful, too. and moby. and cibo matto's "moon child" .. sarah ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:29:40 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Message-ID: <21862-38C43F64-12181@storefull-246.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I love threads like this, because it gives me the chance to promote some of my favorite bands. Anyway, I'm gonna' go through my C.D. carrying case (90 discs!) and read you off every artist featured in it. 'Cause what's in there is what I listen to. They Might Be Giants (of course) Jim's Big Ego (my 2nd fav band, behind TMBG) Red Hot Chili Peppers Jamiroquai Mono Puff Barenaked Ladies Cake Everything Geggy Tah The Bogmen 12rods Sloan Guster The Bobs The Brand New Heavies No Doubt Fastball Harvey Danger Limp Bizkit (please don't hurt me!) Phantom Planet Nerf Herder (I didn't even know they were coming out with a new album tomorrow. I'm gonna' have to get it) The Uninvited Ben Folds Five Odds Billy Bragg & Wilco (Mermaid Ave., a collaboration between the 2 acts performing Woody Guthrie songs) Goldfinger Soul Coughing Kenny Young and the Eggplants Beck John Linnell Skeleton Key The Push Stars Randy Herman and the Sceptre of Benevolence The Getaway People Ed's Redeeming Qualities Bush Pink Floyd Lynyrd Skynyrd Mike Peters Weird Al Yankovic Tony Rich Aerosmith Queen Soundgarden Alannis Morissette Mailbox Kevin Gilbert Alice in Chains Primus Snowmen Collective Soul Tin Hat Trio Teenage Fanclub Cherry Poppin' Daddies Toadies New Radicals The Presidents of the United States of America Jimi Hendrix Poi Dog Pondering Prince (with the Revolution) Oasis Yoyodyne Shecky Mike Viola and the Candy Butchers Boogie Man Smash There's also a few various artists C.D.s that I won't bother going through and naming all the acts which appear on 'em. Love? What do you know of love?!, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:42:07 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? I'll just rattle off my MP3 artists... because all my CDs are practically the same acts: Skankin' Pickle Tilt NOFX KMFDM Mighty Mighty Bosstones No Use For A Name Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Dropkick Murphys Face To Face The Specials The Toasters Toots and the Maytals Bob Marley Operation Ivy (lives and gives!) Reel Big Fish Less Than Jake The Skatalites Shonen Knife Aquabats Bruce Lee Band Hi-Standard a few random old-school hip-hop tracks, (Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Biz Markie...) And the odd smattering of tv theme songs. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <26.2b0b706.25f5a0b5@aol.com> Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:00:53 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Sure, why not! Lessee... They Might Be Giants (Evidently) John Linnell (Duuhhh ;) ) Moxy Fruvous Loreena McKennitt No Doubt Barenaked Ladies Pink Floyd Tori Amos The Beatles Nielsson (The Point) Arlo Guthrie (BIG fan.) Offspring (their old stuff) Billy Joel Elton John The Cure Savage Garden Sarah McLachlan Rush Paula Cole And, though this isn't an artist, I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats. Okay, I'm done. Lydia Droning on endlessly since 1837 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001a01bf87cd$47e07100$8cde6420@tk421> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:37:10 -0800 TMBG Mono Puff John Linnell You Were Spiraling Ben Folds Five Weird Al Harvey Danger Oingo Boingo Foo Fighters Offspring Nine Inch Nails Filter Movie Soundtrack scores Yeah, Erich ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:40:04 -0500 From: "Aleigh" Message-ID: <8a1mgi$nii$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: you were spiraling Does anyone know where one could find a copy of You Were Spiraling's cover of "Will you still love me tomorrow" in mp3 or any other form? tdk has their cover of take on me on his site (grand as well), but not that one. AND if anyone has any full length yws sets, I'd love to trade for something, just email me, I've got lots of boots to offer in return. good stuff. Aleigh http://i.am/not_your_broom ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:56:28 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? They Might Be Giants Mono Puff John Linnell and the Statesmen You Were Spiraling Lincoln Michael Shelley Brian Dewan Devo Weird Al PR Mega ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38C41E6E.A579A678@osu.edu> Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 21:09:03 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Here are my recent interests.... Radiohead (esp. Pablo Honey) REM Semisonic Red Hot Chili Peppers Moxy Fruvous Treble Charger Marcy Playground The Pietasters Violent Femmes POTUSA surprisingly, *not* TMBG, not that I don't still love them as much as I always have, I just am in one of my periods where I don't really listen to them...I will go back though, I'm sure. Diana ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <20.2e994c8.25f5c054@aol.com> Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:15:48 EST Subject: TMBG: The Name Game I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that I would actually be changing my name, I just thought it was a fun topic, and list died down. My bad. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000307042312.27616.qmail@web3001.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:23:12 -0800 (PST) From: Anastasia Hunt Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Grateful Dead Tori Amos Beck Weezer The Dead Milkmen the Monkees Whatever else my bf listens to Anya ===== Dear God, Thank you for letting my toilet be Y2K compliant. (inspired by the Daily Show) __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:37:18 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Mono Puff John Linnell Brian Dewan Devo You Were Spiraling Michael Shelly the other Michael Shelly Lincoln Soul Coughing Hello the Band That's about it except for most of the Hello CD's Harry Pyle ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004c01bf87f6$c169bc60$0c0c97ce@timclark> From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 00:34:05 -0500 TMBG Grey Eye Glances (Very awesome band. Almost completely unknown) Weezer BNL Sarah Mclachlan The Cranberries Erasure other stuff...? --Tim ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:01:52 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: what else are you listening to? Message-ID: <20000307.010302.-314201.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: Adam Schaaf dream theater moxy fruvous faith no more chroma key dr. dre (chronic 2001) king crimson mr. bungle miles davis radiohead liz phair veruca salt enigma kittie tom waits eminem yes philip glass david bowie i can honestly say i haven't listened to tmbg for about 7 months now. last time i heard them was in the 80s room at shampoo. that was like two weeks ago. i've listened to the state songs album a good deal when i first came out, so i guess that counts. maybe i'd be more excited about they if there was something new in the near future. adam --------------------------- "this one has a cat on it." www.goecities.com/fenix137 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #27-7 *****************************