Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #28-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 28, Number 10 Friday, 14 April 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: I'm new to the list... Re: TMBG: Daily Show Alert TMBG: moxy fruvous tmbg covers? TMBG: Re: moxy fruvous tmbg covers? Re: TMBG: moxy fruvous tmbg covers? non-TMBG: Weird Al Yankovic TMBG: Maakies Cartoon TMBG: Daily Show II Re:NON-TMBG: um, hello? TMBG: Your Own Worst Enemy Re: TMBG: Your Own Worst Enemy TMBG: Washington DC shows Re: TMBG: Daily Show II Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 13 Apr 2000 06:37:05 -0800 Message-ID: <-1256514673ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm new to the list... On Thursday, June 1, 1939, MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote: >Hey everyone...I'm new to the list, but you might know me as "Mike" or >"Justin Wilson" in the tmbg.com chat room...I just wanted to >say hi to >everyone... > >Mike Hi Mike. Welcome. This list isn't usually this slow. This is the slowest I've seen it in a long time. I almost forgot about the tmbg.com chatroom. Is it very active these days? I went there a couple of times about a year ago and there were a lots of people chatting. Also the chat program seemed to run smoothly. I gotta check it out one of these days. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:11:22 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Daily Show Alert > I kept an eye on the credits, and I saw "They Might Be Giants" appear for something According to someone in alt.music.tmbg, TMBG are now doing the theme song for The Daily Show, although I have yet to remember to watch it to confirm it for myself. PR Mega ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <63.42677c1.26273199@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:20:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: moxy fruvous tmbg covers? hey kids does moxy fruvous do any other tmbg covers besides shoe horn with teeth? on 'live noise' i hear at the end of bj dont cry' them begining too sing 'the statue got me high' was that an actual cover or just goofing around? just thought i'd ask. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006f01bfa554$c5002460$47031fce@maxweb.com> From: "Colleen Anne McClanahan" Subject: TMBG: Re: moxy fruvous tmbg covers? Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:30:08 -0400 | hey kids does moxy fruvous do any other tmbg covers besides shoe horn with teeth? on 'live noise' i hear at the end of bj dont cry' them begining too sing 'the statue got me high' was that an actual cover or just goofing around? just thought i'd ask. | | Well, when I've seen Moxy Fruvous live, they've done random parts of various TMBG songs, at different shows... including "Moxy Fruvous is NOT a band of grinning scarecrows" and I think (or I'm delusional) pieces of Particle Man. But I've not heard a full rendition of a TMBG song outside of Shoehorn. Colleen Anne ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38F5DB71.D60BF015@fruvous.com> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:36:33 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: moxy fruvous tmbg covers? Gegatron@aol.com wrote: > > hey kids does moxy fruvous do any other tmbg covers besides shoe horn > with teeth? on 'live noise' i hear at the end of bj dont cry' them > begining too sing 'the statue got me high' was that an actual cover or > just goofing around? Goofing around. Jian in Moxy Fruvous really likes to toss in TMBG lines that are usually misquoted into shows. Especially when he knows people in the audience who are TMBG fans and will catch on to it. There's been "The statue made me high" thing and countless others like particle man ripoffs (Media Lab was done at an MIT show a couple years ago to the tune of Particle Man), and other one liners. I've never known them to do an entire TMBG cover themselves. They did sing on Davinci Notebook's cover of Shoehorn with Teeth off their album Bendy's Law (http://www.davincisnotebook.com for more info). - Chad ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003201bfa577$22129e40$43b4a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: non-TMBG: Weird Al Yankovic Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:35:56 +0100 I need help (ain't that the truth!!!). I'm looking for some reliable Weird Al Mp3 links. I only just got into him and I want to hear more so that I know what LP's to import. All/any help greatly received. -- Uncle Squid - If I turn up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E456417BB05A@mail.schicktech.com> From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: Maakies Cartoon Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:17:53 -0400 Hello exquisite living people, Thank you for mentioning the Maakies cartoon featuing DAS, Karen. You can get the cartoon on line from this link. http://www.word.com/komix/installments/onehundredninetythree/millionaire /m.gif Okay. See you guys at the TMBG concerts! 4/13, 4/14, 4/15, 4/20, 4/27, 4/28, 5/4, 5/5 !!! yeah!!! I'll be all all of them. Say hi to me. Love, Rob Plass --- ----- http://i.am/announcement/ ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <39.3ac99eb.2627b3a3@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:34:59 EDT Subject: TMBG: Daily Show II I watched and taped the Daily Show rerun at 7 this evening, and lo and behold, Theme Music Performed by * --------------------------------------- They Might Be Giants Bonus points for Rick! "Has that been there the whole class?" "Since lunch." "And you didn't tell me?" "--" "Stop laughing!" "You know it's really hard to take you seriously with that on your head." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0004139556.AA955633206@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:40:02 -0400 Subject: Re:NON-TMBG: um, hello? Diana sez: >>Sorry to clutter up your email with this message, but I was just >>wondering, has the list been really slow the past few days or have I >>been unsubscribed? I've only gotten one message since about friday.<< It has been pretty slow, I came back from the weekend expecting stacks o'mail, & I thought I was being shunned or something. But I guess everyone's just laying low, or spring break-ing, or recovering from Daylight Savings lag. Fear not, you're here..... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 20:59:12 -0500 From: "Polaris" Message-ID: <8d5u01$9rj$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Your Own Worst Enemy This probably sounds stupid, but who is that guy with the messed-up face? .sig line is not a .sig line, so you feel a bit insulted. ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <9f.3f3a41e.2627d6a5@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:04:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Your Own Worst Enemy The guy with the messed-up face? I always thought it was Seal, personally... ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <1c.23f5e59.2627d79b@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:08:27 EDT Subject: TMBG: Washington DC shows I'd like to tell everyone going to the shows at the 9:30 Club in DC have fun. I can't go due to lack of transportation, but I really wanted to. Anyway, everyone have fun. Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:21:32 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Daily Show II Message-ID: <20000414.012134.-354795.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > I watched and taped the Daily Show rerun at 7 this evening, and lo > and behold, > > Theme Music Performed by > --------------------------------------- > They Might Be Giants at the show tonight flans said (not sure if he was playing around or not), "Linnell plays violin and Hickey plays Cello - it sounds nothing like us. Unlike this next song which sounds exactly like us" at which point they played you're not the boss of me. take it easy, J http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #28-10 ******************************