Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #28-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 28, Number 15 Wednesday, 19 April 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Mammal Apeared in a Videogame TMBG: !!-Girl at 9:30 Club-!! Re: TMBG: !!-Girl at 9:30 Club-!! TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround Re: TMBG: Mammal Apeared in a Videogame Re: TMBG: RIP: Edward Gorey (fwd) Re: TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround Re: TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround Re: TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround TMBG: Re: Wow, I'm still on here. TMBG: Dialasong.com Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com TMBG: Thank you to whoever Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspired relationships! Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspired Re: TMBG: Re: Wow, I'm still on here. Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspired Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspiredrelationships! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000701bfa903$993ef7e0$32cdfe3f@oemcomputer> From: "PAT ACQUISTO" Subject: TMBG: Mammal Apeared in a Videogame Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 01:59:06 -0500 Organization: Prodigy Internet Perhaps someone could help me out with this, but I remember there being a videogame around 1993 that featured Mammal and a Jimi Hendrix song in it. I'm not sure what the title was or what system the game was for though. Anyone know what I'm talking about? nick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38FC0F5C.31B43036@american.edu> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 03:31:40 -0400 From: Nate Beeler Subject: TMBG: !!-Girl at 9:30 Club-!! I'm trying to get in contact with the girl with shortish, blonde hair who was wearing a pink shirt with white stripes on Saturday, April 15, at the 9:30 Club in Washington, DC. You know who you are if you're reading this. I'm the guy you were smiling at the night before and at the end of the Saturday show as I was leaving. If you read this, give me an e-mail at nb9769a@american.edu. I hope I can get the chance to talk to you, since I didn't have the chance either of those nights (the people I was with both nights needed to leave as quickly as possible because they were doing things early the next morning). Nate (I apologize for the repeat postings) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004401bfa909$b440ab00$3b946420@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: !!-Girl at 9:30 Club-!! Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:42:50 -0700 Hey Im no better with the ladies but if you had TWO chances to talk to her then you shouldve done it my man! or else get a better excse book! or screw your friends! get a ride from her... >Poor Nate Beeler wrote: >I didn't get a chance to talk to you, since I didn't have the chance >either of those nights (the people I was with both nights needed to >leave as quickly as possible because they were doing things early >the next morning). ------------------------------ Date: 18 Apr 2000 14:46:27 -0000 Message-ID: <20000418144627.31409.qmail@whitfield.chek.com> From: "Shaun Peck" Subject: TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround Just to put in my two cents: I think Sensurround was WAY better on the MMPR soundtrack, and I think that it shows how dedicated a fan you are that you would abase yourself so much to actually buy the CD so that you could get the song. Here's a thought though. I remember in their info club newsletter a long while back that they were asked if they'd ever been asked to do a movie soundtrack (this was before MMPR) and they said that they'd been asked to do a song for Pump up the Jam (or something like that) and that they pulled out of the project after seeing the trailer and not being impressed. Does that mean that when they saw the trailer for MMPR that they WERE impressed? Do you think that they liked the movie? Also for the record, I liked the Factory Showroom version of James K. Polk more than the b-side off of Istanbul. Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net! ------------------------------ Date: 18 Apr 2000 06:46:07 -0800 Message-ID: <-1256082131ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Mammal Apeared in a Videogame On Tuesday, June 6, 1939, PAT ACQUISTO wrote: >Perhaps someone could help me out with this, but I remember there being a >videogame around 1993 that featured Mammal and a Jimi Hendrix song in it. >I'm not sure what the title was or what system the game was for though. >Anyone know what I'm talking about? > >nick Yes, I remember it. It wasn't really a game though. Somewhere around the time that A18 came out, Sega was selling an add-on unit to their Genesis game console that played CD rom games. To demonstrate that that it could also play music CDs, they included a various artists CD and Mammal was one of the songs on it. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: 18 Apr 2000 06:54:56 -0800 Message-ID: <-1256081602ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: RIP: Edward Gorey (fwd) On Tuesday, June 6, 1939, Squid Explosion wrote: >This is damn sad. >This one really saddens me. From the New York Times: > >Edward Gorey, Artist and Author Who Turned the Macabre Into a Career, Dies >at 75 Refresh my memory. Which TMBG album cover did he do? Or was it a TMBG t-shirt? Or a TMBG coffee mug? -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:52:10 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround > Just to put in my two cents: I think Sensurround was WAY better on the MMPR soundtrack, and I think that it shows how dedicated a fan you are that you would abase yourself so much to actually buy the CD so that you could get the song. Hm. To make things more interesting, Linnell himself said a while back (in that netchat for State Songs) that he'd like to put Sensurround on an album at last. Think we could get a third version? That WOULD be a TMBG record, wouldn't it? Not counting live/demo versions, that is. Sensurround, the song so nice, they recorded it THREE times! Yay! -ez0 ------------------------------ Date: 18 Apr 2000 09:07:39 -0800 Message-ID: <-1256073639ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround On Wednesday, June 7, 1939, Shaun Peck wrote: > Does that mean that when they saw the trailer for MMPR that they WERE >impressed? Do you think that they liked the movie? Supposedly at one of their shows they introduced the song as being "from the soundtrack of a movie to shameful to mention". (...or something like that.) Actually, for what it is (a martial arts/giant monster movie for kids) its not all that bad. It was more fun than the new Godzila anyway. Too bad they only play 5 seconds of the song in the movie. And yet that's better than the 3 seconds that Spiraling Shape appears in Brain Candy. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <7f.32b02d1.262dfdcd@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:05:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: SenSurround Vs. SenSurround In a message dated 4/18/00 7:51:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, shaunpeck@astrosfan.net writes: << Does that mean that when they saw the trailer for MMPR that they WERE impressed? Do you think that they liked the movie? >> Hey, what's a matter with MMPR?? It's a good movie...at least I think so. ------------------------------ From: Vandal191@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:10:11 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Wow, I'm still on here. So many new people. I hadn't checked this list in like a year. Such turnover in subscribers. Zowee. ~Moose ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:04:54 EDT Subject: TMBG: Dialasong.com Is dialasong.com not working for anyone else on this list? It used to work, but now whenever I go there a button in the top left just keeps flashing, and my computer makes the mouse click sound repeatedly. I have Flash 4, so it should be working. Since I haven't been able to check dialasong.com in a while, could someone tell me if there have been any new songs posted? Thanks. Jon ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000418181643.00967ab0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:17:08 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com It did that to me for a while, but eventually it did take me there... Try going directly to http://www.dialasong.com/index_flash.html Played Cyclops Rock for me... -Adam At 06:04 PM 4/18/00 -0400, MrBean43@aol.com wrote: > Is dialasong.com not working for anyone else on this list? It used to >work, but now whenever I go there a button in the top left just keeps >flashing, and my computer makes the mouse click sound repeatedly. I have >Flash 4, so it should be working. > > Since I haven't been able to check dialasong.com in a while, could >someone tell me if there have been any new songs posted? Thanks. > > Jon ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:07:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com I too am having problems with dialasong.com, I thought that it was just my computer. Jon, mine makes the same sound, I don't know what's up with it though. Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <29.3ef2db2.262e48d8@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:25:12 EDT Subject: TMBG: Thank you to whoever Thank you to whoever sent that link...it worked for my computer. I can now hear TMBG on the web. Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00bf01bfa99a$8c229e80$971a99ce@aah1084access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspired relationships! Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:57:07 -0400 Jon (MrBean43) wondered: >What are the lines he's been using? So far all he's used were Why does the sun shine? in a teaser about a story on sunspots, and the line "To pick the broken pieces up again they'll need a crane" in a story about a building that was demolished. He's trying to fit a line in every night though, because he likes the wordplay that TMBG is so good at. On another note, the guy looking for the girl he saw at the concert has kind of made me curious. Any couple out there that are together because of or through TMBG? I wonder because I got together with the guy I'm dating because of them. It was really just a weird coincidence, but it turned out that we have a lot in common and things are going a lot better than I expected :) But enough about me, any other romances by fault of John and John? Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <46.42c91d8.262e6496@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:23:34 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspired In a message dated 4/18/00 9:06:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, agreen@ascinet.com writes: << Any couple out there that are together because of or through TMBG? I wonder because I got together with the guy I'm dating because of them. It was really just a weird coincidence, but it turned out that we have a lot in common and things are going a lot better than I expected :) But enough about me, any other romances by fault of John and John? >> Actually, my current girlfriend and I got together due to TMBG. We met on-line, and the only thing that we had in common at first was our love for TMBG. After talking about different TMBG shows that we had been to, it turned out that we had been to the same two shows. After that, we met at another show and started to see each other on a regular basis. So, yes, thanks to the John's, love has bloomed. Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <30.3efbf6a.262e7063@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:13:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Wow, I'm still on here. In a message dated 4/18/00 5:24:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Moose writes: << So many new people. I hadn't checked this list in like a year. Such turnover in subscribers. Zowee. >> That was insightful. So? Your point? "Zowee." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <47.3144072.262e75ac@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:36:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspired My current (1 day and still going) girlfriend and I really have alot in common based on our love for slightly odd music. So yes, TMBG has helped my love life. ("NOFX saved my sex life!") "Love at first Flans." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002301bfa9b0$3e9d55e0$196d96ce@Fruvous.maxweb.com> From: "Colleen Anne McClanahan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Real live TMBG references on TV! Plus inspiredrelationships! Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:35:01 -0400 Mike: >In a message dated 4/18/00 9:06:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >agreen@ascinet.com writes: > ><< Any couple out there that are together because of or through > TMBG? I wonder because I got together with the guy I'm dating because of >them. > It was really just a weird coincidence, but it turned out that we have a lot >in common and things are going a lot better than I expected :) But enough about >me, any other romances by fault of John and John? >> > >Actually, my current girlfriend and I got together due to TMBG. We met >on-line, and the only thing that we had in common at first was our love for >TMBG. After talking about different TMBG shows that we had been to, it >turned out that we had been to the same two shows. After that, we met at >another show and started to see each other on a regular basis. So, yes, >thanks to the John's, love has bloomed. I technically met my boyfriend through this list... in a roundabout sort of way. We communicated off list once or twice, but it wasn't until a mutual friend encouraged us to talk to one another online because of our proximity that we really spoke. :) And neither of us had any romantic intentions until after our first meeting (We went to a Brothers Creeggan concert). hehe. I don't even think he had any for awhile after that, even... but he charmed the socks off of me in the first hour we were together. (I make this sound like it was oh-so-long ago. We just met for the first time in early March.) Anyhow, my sappy story. ;) Colleen Anne ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #28-15 ******************************