Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #28-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 28, Number 21 Tuesday, 25 April 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Mono Puff is playing... TMBG: I'll be your best friend TMBG: voting for Flansburgh Re:TMBG: voting for Flansburgh Re: TMBG: voting for Flansburgh Re:TMBG: voting for Flansburgh TMBG: Vote Flans! Re: TMBG: Vote Flans! TMBG: I hate Calculus Re: TMBG: I hate Calculus Re: TMBG: I hate Calculus TMBG: nyc pics? Re: TMBG: I hate Calculus TMBG: Re: He hates Calculus (Totally OT) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:01:15 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Mono Puff is playing... Message-ID: <20000424.080124.-116703.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> hey hey kiddies... > Friday night, the Avalanche oh yeah did i mention I'm the biggest AVS fan out there? ok maybe not the biggest but ya get my point. hmm... let's see here... 13 days till i'm back in Colorado! :) > and Coyotes hockey > game (I'm guessing most of you aren't huge sports fans), jigga-wha? maybe it's just cause i'm from denver and most sports, ok just the broncos, are a religion there buuuut... i guess i could see your point about most tmbg-fans in general. > I'm > wondering if this is a regular occurence there or not... I'll try to > find out. so uhm when the avs used to play at McNichols the past few years - the music they used was played at every game... like we knew when to expect to hear "whip it" or other things. Somone told me that the players got to pick and choose what they wanted to hear, when. I'm not sure if that's the same situation at the Pepsi Center or not... i still have yet to be there *sigh* i'll ask my buds that still live there and see if any of 'em are still religiously going to games... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ http://www.radiofreecash.com/home.asp?ref=TMBgirl ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <384310910.956581580706.JavaMail.root@web02.pub01> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:06:20 -0400 (EDT) From: beth! spillen Subject: TMBG: I'll be your best friend Anyone want to trade TMBG tapes? One problem, I don't have any yet to trade. BUT, I may have something else you've been looking for, then again, I might not. At any rate, I just need a few shows to start my collection, any help would be appreciated! Spanks, Beth! * ----------------------------------------------- FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <383258482.956582053303.JavaMail.root@web14.mail.com> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:14:13 -0400 (EDT) From: beth! spillen Subject: TMBG: voting for Flansburgh The People Poll is still on. Vote for John Flansburgh! Vote for Flansburgh! * ----------------------------------------------- FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0004249565.AA956584385@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:52:58 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: voting for Flansburgh Beth! sez: >>The People Poll is still on. Vote for John Flansburgh! Vote for >Flansburgh! Hey People - - - Newsflash from Most Beautiful People land: BRITNEY SPEARS is currently in the lead. Can we do something about this, please??? They say themselves to vote early and often, and we only have til May 5, or 7, I forget exactly. Please please please, this is starting to scare me. I realize that there are enough bimbos and e-puppies out there to vote in whichever airhead is currently bobbing closest to the ceiling, but WE GOTS TO REPRESENT !!! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001401bfae26$7e329e20$70dd6420@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: voting for Flansburgh Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:51:31 -0700 IIIEEE!!! I keep reopening my browser and voting and freakin Britany Spears goes up and up and same Odewhateverhisnameis. We have to boot him!! Erich ------------------------------ Message-ID: <008a01bfae27$ee6f6aa0$0100000a@athlon> From: "Chris Campbell" Subject: Re:TMBG: voting for Flansburgh Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:01:32 -0400 Is there anyone who is skilled enough to make an automatic voting page? (There was one before). Anyway -that'd be cool and I'd offer up my bandwidth to keep fighting the good fight! -Chris "Feeny" "Crash my bicycle, crash my bicycle" feeny@tmbg.org ICQ UIN: 22373843 AIM: Chriscam84 -----Original Message----- From: karinh@sterl.com To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Date: Monday, April 24, 2000 9:55 AM Subject: Re:TMBG: voting for Flansburgh >Beth! sez: >>>The People Poll is still on. Vote for John Flansburgh! Vote for >>Flansburgh! > >Hey People - - - >Newsflash from Most Beautiful People land: BRITNEY SPEARS is currently in the >lead. Can we do something about this, please??? They say themselves to vote >early and often, and we only have til May 5, or 7, I forget exactly. Please >please please, this is starting to scare me. I realize that there are enough >bimbos and e-puppies out there to vote in whichever airhead is currently bobbing >closest to the ceiling, but WE GOTS TO REPRESENT !!! > > Karin H >** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > > ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:18:52 EDT Subject: TMBG: Vote Flans! It says on the page to spell the write in people's names right. I'm not really worried about that, because the average TMBG fan is Einstein (except for the guy on this list who claims to know whre we all live, and Vladimir the Evil Commie Russian Phone Book Man) compared to the average Britney Spears fan (an amoeba). My concern is, though, that it might be case sensitive. So, the moral is, rember to capitilize in the appropriate places! Check your spelling! Run a spell check! Whatever! Just vote, it is your duty. Down with Britney!!! Long live King John! In a message dated 4/24/00 9:55:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Karin (while she wasn't busy freeing the Expo '67) writes: << Beth! sez: >>The People Poll is still on. Vote for John Flansburgh! Vote for >Flansburgh! Hey People - - - Newsflash from Most Beautiful People land: BRITNEY SPEARS is currently in the lead. Can we do something about this, please??? They say themselves to vote early and often, and we only have til May 5, or 7, I forget exactly. Please please please, this is starting to scare me. I realize that there are enough bimbos and e-puppies out there to vote in whichever airhead is currently bobbing closest to the ceiling, but WE GOTS TO REPRESENT !!! >> "You have a very distant relationship with the word 'no'." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000424230024.37682.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Flans! Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:00:24 GMT CallMeDoctorWorm: >It says on the page to spell the write in people's names right. I'm not >really worried about that, because the average TMBG fan is Einstein (except >for the guy on this list who claims to know whre we all live, and Vladimir >the Evil Commie Russian Phone Book Man) compared to the average Britney >Spears fan (an amoeba). Lousy one-celled organisms and their crappy taste in music! >Down with Britney!!! >Long live King John! Didn't he have to sign the Magna Carta? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ TMBG CONTENT: There's a human skull on the ground. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <6a.225d78b.263643da@aol.com> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:42:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: I hate Calculus I do hate Calculus, but that's not the point...I actually have a question. Does anyone know why in the Frank O'Toole show Linnell is standing in the hallway? It's been on my mind all afternoon (I just got some tapes in the mail, so i've been listening to them.) Aside from the comedy relief it provides, (actually, I guess it's comic relief from comedy, not dullness...teaching myslef calculus makes me say dumb things, sorry) that is. Alright...back to the books. Jon "Dont make me spork your ass!" -Chris Lincoln. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.0.20000424204229.00a7d400@mmc.marymt.edu> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:42:52 -0400 From: Christina Rockwell Subject: Re: TMBG: I hate Calculus The same chris lincoln that went out with my sister? chrissy At 08:42 PM 4/24/00 -0400, MrBean43@aol.com wrote: >"Dont make me spork your ass!" > -Chris Lincoln. ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:48:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I hate Calculus The very one, Chrissy. ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <92.3f120d5.26365aa6@aol.com> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:19:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: nyc pics? I'm on a quest for good quality pictures from any of the following new york shows: 10/16/98 Tower Instore 6/20/99 Central Park 10/21-23/99 Bowery Ballroom 10/26(?)/99 Linnell Tower Instore (Did anyone record this?) 4/19-20/00 Bowery Ballroom any help would be greatly appreciated [email me directly]. --Matt ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:36:41 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: I hate Calculus Message-ID: <20000424.223643.-287739.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > Does anyone know why in the Frank O'Toole show Linnell is standing > in the > hallway? It's been on my mind all afternoon ok so i haven't listened to that tape in a long time and i don't have it here with me but if i remember correctly - there wasn't enough space for them to be in the same room. That was back in the day before the FMU studios had moved to their newer, larger site so it makes sense. Go listen to www.wfmu.org - I'm pretty sure the "frank o'toole" show is still on, although i don't listen to it. Laura Cantrell (from 'the guitar') DJ's every saturday morning at like noon EST time... it's a pretty cool show if you're into bluegrassy type stuff. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ http://www.radiofreecash.com/home.asp?ref=TMBgirl ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:06:36 -0400 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <8e35f4$1b51$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: He hates Calculus (Totally OT) Jon, Couldn't give a crap about Frank O'Toole, but I LOVE calculus. For me, it was the point when math finally came together and started having a point. In fact, I picked up a Math major just so I could feel justified in taking more calculus. If you have any questions (teaching yourself any subject can be tough), feel free to e-mail me and I'll try to get back to you in a timely manner. Pax, Jose "Offering off topic rants at a new, lower price!" MrBean43@aol.com wrote in message <6a.225d78b.263643da@aol.com>... >I do hate Calculus, but that's not the point...I actually have a question. > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #28-21 ******************************