Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #28-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 28, Number 25 Saturday, 29 April 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Multiple Browsers Re: TMBG: Re: Last night's results... Re: TMBG: WUFTM "EP" TMBG: webcast?? Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! TMBG: idea Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! TMBG: We're #4!!! TMBG: hee hee TMBG: voting TMBG: FLANS IS CUTER THAN NICK CARTER!!!! TMBG: Re: Flans vs. Scott Cohen TMBG: Movie??? Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! TMBG: Just who is Scott Cohen anyway? Re: TMBG: idea Re: NON-TMBG: Movie??? TMBG: Barking... Death.. Squirrel...?!?! Re: TMBG: idea Re: TMBG: idea TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #28-24 TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Fwd: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? TMBG: we can't give up TMBG: the new home of Flansburgh 2000 TMBG: NOOOOOOOOO!!! Re: TMBG: idea TMBG: Re: People.com wasn't bluffing. Re: TMBG: we can't give up Re: TMBG: NOOOOOOOOO!!! TMBG: What happens? TMBG: Voting for Flansburgh Re: TMBG: What happens? Re: TMBG: Re: People.com wasn't bluffing. TMBG: Flans 2000 update TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh TMBG: what the?! TMBG: Re: Flans 2000 update TMBG: People magazine and the dumbing down of america Re: TMBG: Re: Flans 2000 update Re: TMBG: Re: Flans 2000 update Re: Fwd: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? TMBG: Telling "People" Where To Shove It Non-TMBG: You Were Spiraling Re: Non-TMBG: You Were Spiraling Re: Non-TMBG: You Were Spiraling Re: TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh Re: TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh TMBG: Incredibly Obscure TMBG Reference Re: TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh Re: TMBG: Incredibly Obscure TMBG Reference TMBG: more from the opposition's list........ Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000428003952.17086.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ron Delaney" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Multiple Browsers Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:39:52 PDT Allright, I'll keep it up, with DSL you might as well I figure. In last like 8 hours we've gotton 40,000 votes so there must be tons of people voting, or maybe multiple browsers is a little help. Ron Also, thats so cool, i saw that for the first time, Flans playing the guitar the opposite way, hehe, its the quirks that make him worth voting for >Multiple browsers running on the same computer have to compete with each >other for bandwidth. If you have a screamingly fast connection, that >should >be okay. However, using a single computer also means they share the same >IP >address, and therefore their votes may be subject to more filtration than >if >they were on separate computers. We don't really know for sure. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000428004232.9402.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Last night's results... Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:42:32 GMT John David: >tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > > are you guys being stupid, or did you just not know that the "25 hours a > > day, 6 days a week" is a direct TMBG reference? Back in the day Flansy > > used to always say that about DAS. ok, just thought i'd chime in and > > stop this little "me too" posting war before it got to "dude, why not > > 30/15?" > >about how long ago was this "back in the day"? The day Marvin Gaye and Phil Ochs got married, of course! -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ Or was it the day that Lassie went to the Moon? ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000428004807.84388.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM "EP" Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:48:07 GMT Adam Tyner: >Also, think of it this way -- pretend the CD were only available >online. If you ordered it from, say, CDNow, you'd have to wait at least a >few days for it to arrive. True, but I could pay with a check that way. I don't have a credit card, and even if I did, I might be reluctant about using it to order such things. I'm pretty sure Emusic itself is reasonably secure, but when dealing with a relative unknown (and I'm sure some will creep up in the near future), I'd rather give them a check than a credit card number. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan, hoping this "downloadable album" thing won't become regular DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:50:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: webcast?? apparently (theymi....com) there's a webcast going on right now (10:50pmEST 4/27) from the bowery. If anyone has the information as to what site is hosting the concert, and can send it soon, please do. ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:01:04 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! I just though I would let everyone know that my browser will be constantly voting for awhile. I once heard that John Linnell said something about the last poll being rigged by TMBG fans. I'm not to sure about the details but I think it was in an interveiw somewhere. Well have fun. Harry Pyro ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:07:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! In a message dated 4/27/00 11:04:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Harry Pyle writes: << I just though I would let everyone know that my browser will be constantly voting for awhile. I once heard that John Linnell said something about the last poll being rigged by TMBG fans. I'm not to sure about the details but I think it was in an interveiw somewhere. Well have fun. >> He said it in the New York Times op-ed piece at TMBG.org. I think. "Don't quote me on that. members.aol.com/brycegh" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:17:28 -0500 From: John David Crafton Message-ID: <390902C8.F20EAF3F@yahoo.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: idea I have an idea that should make everybody happy. for the next poll, someone makes an automatic voting script for both Johns, and everybody can vote for both at the same time with 2 (or more) browsers open at the same time. sound good? I thought so. --The Guy Who Thought He Knew Nothing, and Proved Himself Right ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3909347C.74702383@osu.edu> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:49:34 -0700 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! > I once heard that John Linnell said something about the last poll being rigged > by TMBG fans. > > He said it in the New York Times op-ed piece at TMBG.org. I think. I believe he said that the TMBG fan base included "a few loose cannons" who would do something like this. I'm not entirely sure that has a good connotation to it. :-) Hey, I think all of you guys are a little psycho for doing this, but do I have my browser set on automatic vote? Of course. Diana ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:33:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: We're #4!!! We just took #4!!! I'm so proud that we could unite for this effort! Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <384603103.956896745934.JavaMail.root@web10.pub01> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:39:05 -0400 (EDT) From: beth! spillen Subject: TMBG: hee hee We just pushed Flansy to number 4! Yeah! 154306 votes, and increasing, ever increasing. Every 5 seconds...vote! vote! vote! Obsessive Compulsive? Nah... * ----------------------------------------------- FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com ------------------------------ From: deuels@juno.com Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 01:58:19 -0400 Subject: TMBG: voting Message-ID: <20000428.021149.-395035.0.deuels@juno.com> does anyone know when the voting ends? also one more thing does anyone have any info if TMBG might be touring towards the southeastern US sometime this year ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++= "You'll never be happy if you can't figure out that loving people is all there is-and that it's more important to love than it is to recieve love!!" -Dotson Rader "you give me a high that no drug has ever brought me"- thats what it's all about " I don't want to be your only one --- Just want to be Unforgotten" TMBG ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.0.20000428070055.00a90a70@mmc.marymt.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:01:35 -0400 From: Christina Rockwell Subject: TMBG: FLANS IS CUTER THAN NICK CARTER!!!! yep #3 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:56:33 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <39099891.A90FF33E@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Flans vs. Scott Cohen Okay, will someone help me out here. I may have been living under a rock for a while or something, but I don't know who Scott Cohen is. I know I've heard the name, but I can't place a face. Help? -A ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <67.36a2f05.263af24d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:55:25 EDT Subject: TMBG: Movie??? I believe that this signifies the beginning of the end of the world: THINGS WE DON'T UNDERSTAND Lance Bass, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick and Justin Timberlake -- also known as 'N Sync -- are planning to make a feature film. Shooting could begin early next year. I found this in a mailing I recieve daily called "Weird News". Everything in it is 100% true though. Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: 28 Apr 2000 07:14:42 -0800 Message-ID: <-1255216416ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! If we all get sent to prison because of this, I hope TMBG will put on some prison concerts for us. If we all get sent to hell because of it, I hope Flans will can us back from Satan by winning some sort of surfing contest. Meanwhile, brothers and sisters in the revolution, vote on at: http://members.aol.com/brycegh/ -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-Id: <200004281426.KAA98661@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Fri Apr 28 10:25:25 2000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Flansburgh! Well, I'm doing my damndest for Flans right now...I have 6 open browsers all voting for him, and they've been there for the past half hour (hehe...God, I love this school's T1 connection). We're gonna kick ass till Flansburgh is number 1!! Justin Timberlake my ass... PR Mega ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: Just who is Scott Cohen anyway? Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:12:52 -0400 Well since I'm at work and have nothing better to do with the company's time, I did a little (very little) research on this Scott Cohen person. He's an actor who most recently appeared in the NBC miniseries 10th Kingdom, and Gia before that. The rest of his work looks pretty forgettable, to be honest. Here's a site with some pics of him on it. He's not too bad looking, but I get the impression that most of his following is due to his 10th Kingdom appearances. http://www.geocities.com/scottfansite/ Amy :) My sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:08:40 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: idea In a message dated 4/27/00 11:22:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Hypertext_Eye@yahoo.com writes: > I have an idea that should make everybody happy. for the next poll, > someone makes an automatic voting script for both Johns, and everybody > can vote for both at the same time with 2 (or more) browsers open at the > same time. sound good? I thought so. I was thinking we should try to get them into the 1 and 2 places.. It might kinda isolate the Linnyites from the Flansyphiles as both try to get their guy in first, but it would all be in good fun , I think... :) Lydia TMBG Empire Est. 1837 (Coming up with these slogans is tougher than it looks!) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000428163603.97029.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Movie??? Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:36:03 GMT MikeTheGiant: > Lance Bass, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick and Justin >Timberlake -- also known as 'N Sync -- are planning to make a feature >film. Shooting could begin early next year. Shooting of the movie, or shooting of the people involved by angry citizens with guns? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:55:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: Barking... Death.. Squirrel...?!?! Okay.. I just downloaded this song (Non-sequitur: GO FLANS!) called "Barking Death Squirrel" off Napster.. And lo and behold it says it's by TMBG. And that's why I DLed it in the first place.. But I digress. Where in a handbasket did this song COME from? Has anyone even heard of it? It's scary!! Lydia Baffled and Terrified by TMBG Since 1837 ------------------------------ Date: 28 Apr 2000 10:58:39 -0800 Message-ID: <-1255202979ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: idea On Saturday, June 17, 1939, HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: >I was thinking we should try to get them into the 1 and 2 places.. It might >kinda isolate the Linnyites from the Flansyphiles as both try to get their >guy in first, but it would all be in good fun , I think... :) Of course that would cut the votes for either in half. That would have been a problem in the past but this year with the power of robot votes, it could be done. And yet, I think we should stick to just Flans this time. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <73.2c505d4.263b2dad@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:08:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: idea In a message dated 4/28/00 2:02:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ggr@wlg.com writes: > >I was thinking we should try to get them into the 1 and 2 places.. It might > >kinda isolate the Linnyites from the Flansyphiles as both try to get their > >guy in first, but it would all be in good fun , I think... :) > Actually, I say that the next time this sorta thing rolls around, we all throw our votes to someone who may only be peripheral to TMBG, but still exudes the TMBG ideals (whatever THEY are...) Laura Cantrell, maybe? Of course, we could all go on a limb, and write in Mike Leffel... -Hooper_X, would honestly vote for Scott McNeil, but noone knows who he is. :( ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000428192039.9508.qmail@web2006.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:20:39 -0700 (PDT) From: Peter Williams Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #28-24 To all TMBG fans, Who can tell me howw much a ticket is for the TMBG concerts? I would like an answer soon. Thanks, Pele __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online and get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.20000428152119.009bd6a0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:22:33 -0400 From: the hanged man Subject: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Yeah... where went the auto-voting page? Did aol take it down for some reason? I can put it up somewhere else if someone can send it to me. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.0.20000428152656.00a954e0@mmc.marymt.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:27:42 -0400 From: Christina Rockwell Subject: Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Oh god...we got found out... i will put up the script too on my own server... At 03:22 PM 4/28/00 -0400, you wrote: >Yeah... where went the auto-voting page? Did aol take it down for some >reason? I can put it up somewhere else if someone can send it to me. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:38:46 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8ecpd2$9sp$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Christina Rockwell wrote in message news:4.3.0.20000428152656.00a954e0@mmc.marymt.edu... > Oh god...we got found out... i will put up the script too on my own server... > At 03:22 PM 4/28/00 -0400, you wrote: > >Yeah... where went the auto-voting page? Did aol take it down for some > >reason? I can put it up somewhere else if someone can send it to me. > Yes, AOL claims I've violated their Terms of Service. I'll send you the files, unless you'll suffer the same fate. Is your web server provided by some corporate ISP that might have similar qualms about hosting it? Bryce ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <38.536632d.263b430d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:39:57 EDT Subject: Fwd: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] I've got no terms of service thing to deal with. I can just put the code up on my server. At 03:38 PM 4/28/00 -0400, Bryce wrote: >Christina Rockwell wrote in message >news:4.3.0.20000428152656.00a954e0@mmc.marymt.edu... >> Oh god...we got found out... i will put up the script too on my own >server... >> At 03:22 PM 4/28/00 -0400, you wrote: >> >Yeah... where went the auto-voting page? Did aol take it down for some >> >reason? I can put it up somewhere else if someone can send it to me. >> > >Yes, AOL claims I've violated their Terms of Service. > >I'll send you the files, unless you'll suffer the same fate. Is your web >server provided by some corporate ISP that might have similar qualms about >hosting it? > >Bryce > > > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 15:56:21 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id PAA11133 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:56:21 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from burdell.cc.gatech.edu (root@burdell.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.3.207]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id PAA11124 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:56:17 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from thehangedman@death-star.com) Received: from oscar.cc.gatech.edu (root@oscar.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.107.12]) by burdell.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id PAA23608 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:56:15 -0400 (EDT) Received: from the-hanged-man (r69h91.res.gatech.edu [128.61.69.91]) by oscar.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with SMTP id PAA22449 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:56:14 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <4.1.20000428155005.009b47e0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> X-Sender: hangdman@oscar.cc.gatech.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.1 Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:50:46 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? In-Reply-To: <4.1.20000428153916.009ccc80@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> References: <8ecpd2$9sp$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> <4.1.20000428152119.009bd6a0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> <4.3.0.20000428152656.00a954e0@mmc.marymt.edu> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: the hanged man Okay... i put a mirror up of Bryce's voting page. http://thehangedman.digitaldriveway.com/voteflans/ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 16:05:14 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id QAA11744 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:05:14 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from burdell.cc.gatech.edu (root@burdell.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.3.207]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id QAA11733 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:05:13 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from thehangedman@death-star.com) Received: from oscar.cc.gatech.edu (root@oscar.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.107.12]) by burdell.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id QAA24614 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:05:11 -0400 (EDT) Received: from the-hanged-man (r69h91.res.gatech.edu [128.61.69.91]) by oscar.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with SMTP id QAA22850 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:05:10 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <4.1.20000428155924.009b6620@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> X-Sender: hangdman@oscar.cc.gatech.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.1 Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:59:44 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: the hanged man Out of curiosity... in what way were you violating AOL's ToS? >Yes, AOL claims I've violated their Terms of Service. > >I'll send you the files, unless you'll suffer the same fate. Is your web >server provided by some corporate ISP that might have similar qualms about >hosting it? From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 17:10:06 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA15026 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:10:06 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from m11.boston.juno.com (m11.boston.juno.com [205.231.100.194]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA15017 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:10:05 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from deuels@juno.com) From: deuels@juno.com Received: from cookie.juno.com by cookie.juno.com for <"GCCnAAPzNAKEBruT9IEXygGXG0l6wi2mXD2elsFBxArg9ZP2fght2g=="> Received: (from deuels@juno.com) by m11.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id E6R7J84W; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:09:03 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:02:15 -0400 Subject: TMBG: we can't give up Message-ID: <20000428.170217.-1750239.0.deuels@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 4.0.5 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 4-5,15,21-23,25-31,33-34,36 X-Juno-Att: 0 X-Juno-RefParts: 0 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: deuels@juno.com so Aol a Corporate pain in the A-hole shut us down for now. So this is what we do we are at number 3 right now if we stop we will get stomped on by those fake artists like britney spears and the guys from backstreet boys. would the files work on one of those free web pages like goecities or even a yahoo page? we as fans of TMBG have rallied and got our man John all the way to number 3 now we have been beat down by "the man" we could just contiue hitting back on our browsers and then submit yet it may get tiresome, or you could send the files out to the list and we all could get a free web page and put the files there then we could goto any tmbg fan site and have the same thing happen as the old voting site again a few sites may get shut down but there has to be at least 150 people on the list i hope there are more fans out there but say 75 people put up free sites a couple yahoo,altavista,att,lycos you name it they may be able to slow us down but they can't shut us down We owe it not only to John but we owe it to ourselves to show all those people who have never heard of they might be giants, if John wins people all over the world will see his face on the cover of people and the TMBG fan base will widen people buyin more records means more revenue for the Johns which means a bigger better record deal and all my rambiling ends up where you ask? MORE AWESOME MUSIC FROM THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS. there im done im tired and i really want John to win please write back and tell me if i sound crazy, i already know i sound like some kind of army guy gettin ready for battle. lets make Flans a name that will be UNFORGOTTEN!!!! thanks, Deuels ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++= "You'll never be happy if you can't figure out that loving people is all there is-and that it's more important to love than it is to recieve love!!" -Dotson Rader "you give me a high that no drug has ever brought me"- thats what it's all about ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 17:20:02 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA15626 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:20:02 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: (from news@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA15551 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:19:25 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from GATEWAY by ussenterprise.ufp.org with netnews for tmbg-list@tmbg.org (tmbg-list@tmbg.org) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:18:57 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8ecv8t$f5u$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: the new home of Flansburgh 2000 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" Just in case you haven't already read this, we're now voting at: http://thehangedman.digitaldriveway.com/voteflans/ Web space graciously provided by "the hanged man." We will prevail. Bryce From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 17:28:52 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA16248 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:28:52 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mailsorter-105-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net (mailsorter-105-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net [209.240.198.119]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA16231 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:28:50 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from GhostKrabb@webtv.net) Received: from storefull-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net (storefull-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net [209.240.199.121]) by mailsorter-105-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net (WebTV_Postfix) with ESMTP id 210EC1A9A for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:28:47 -0700 (PDT) Received: (from production@localhost) by storefull-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8-wtv-e/mt.gso.26Feb98) id OAA25835; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:28:47 -0700 (PDT) X-WebTV-Signature: 1 ETAsAhQWnJcPZ+coWs746VuPBMqRtRztUAIUTIMKCw+SI2Q6SPhhuQKYyybzP7c= From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:28:46 -0700 (PDT) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (They Might Be Giants) Subject: TMBG: NOOOOOOOOO!!! Message-ID: <5237-390A028E-5688@storefull-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit MIME-Version: 1.0 (WebTV) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Damn! After all that hard work.... I mean, what the hell happened. Anyway, you guys better sit down for this: Flansburgh's off the list... People must've figured us out somehow (or just assumed that someone THEY'VE never heard of doesn't belong on a poll like this). I just went to see the current results, and good 'ol Flansy is nowhere to be found. Hopefully there's just something wrong with my browser, but go see for yourself: http://cgi.pathfinder.com/cgi-bin/people/osform/gdml2 (that address *should* take you there) This truly is a sad day. It's not fair! Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 17:38:42 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA16694 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:38:42 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo18.mx.aol.com (imo18.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.8]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA16685 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:38:41 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com) From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Received: from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com by imo18.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.e1.3a7f74a (3867) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:37:52 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:37:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: idea To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 104 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com In a message dated 4/28/00 2:12:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, EmarZero@aol.com writes: << Of course, we could all go on a limb, and write in Mike Leffel... >> Or Michael Shelley. "I make it a point to listen to TMBG every day, if I don't it's a sin." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 17:40:03 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA16867 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:40:03 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: (from news@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA16512 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:35:35 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from GATEWAY by ussenterprise.ufp.org with netnews for tmbg-list@tmbg.org (tmbg-list@tmbg.org) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:35:07 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8ed077$g3v$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org References: <390A014A.678924B2@mail.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: People.com wasn't bluffing. Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" STOP VOTING NOW until we update the Flans-voting page!!! From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 17:44:50 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA17175 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:44:50 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from voproutemail.thevine.net (voproutemail.thevine.net [204.250.113.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA17166 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:44:48 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from ggr@wlg.com) Received: from [204.118.61.3] (unverified [63.161.75.22]) by voproutemail.thevine.net (Vircom SMTPRS 4.2.181) with ESMTP id ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:44:45 -0700 Received: from [204.118.61.96] by [204.118.61.3] with SMTP (QuickMail Pro Server for Mac 2.0.1); 28-Apr-2000 14:43:18 -0700 Date: 28 Apr 2000 14:44:08 -0800 Message-ID: <-1255189450ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: we can't give up To: CC: X-Mailer: QuickMail Pro 2.0.3 (Mac) X-Priority: 3 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-Ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ussenterprise.ufp.org id RAA17167 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Bongo On Saturday, June 17, 1939, deuels@juno.com wrote: >if John wins people >all over the world will see his face on the cover of people and the TMBG >fan base will widen... Unfortunately, this poll has nothing do with People's REAL Most Beautiful People poll. Those celebs are picked by the magazine's editors. (Julie Robert's was chosen for #1 and she'll be on the cover.) The one we're doing is just the public opinion version. But there ARE advantages to him being on this one. -B O N G O From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 17:54:34 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA17804 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:54:34 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from voproutemail.thevine.net (voproutemail.thevine.net [204.250.113.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA17795 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:54:33 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from ggr@wlg.com) Received: from [204.118.61.3] (unverified [63.161.75.22]) by voproutemail.thevine.net (Vircom SMTPRS 4.2.181) with ESMTP id for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:54:29 -0700 Received: from [204.118.61.96] by [204.118.61.3] with SMTP (QuickMail Pro Server for Mac 2.0.1); 28-Apr-2000 14:53:24 -0700 Date: 28 Apr 2000 14:54:14 -0800 Message-ID: <-1255188844ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: NOOOOOOOOO!!! To: X-Mailer: QuickMail Pro 2.0.3 (Mac) X-Priority: 3 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-Ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ussenterprise.ufp.org id RAA17796 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Bongo On Saturday, June 17, 1939, GhostKrabb@webtv.net wrote: >People must've figured us out somehow (or just assumed that someone >THEY'VE never heard of doesn't belong on a poll like this). I just went >to see the current results, and good 'ol Flansy is nowhere to be found. >Hopefully there's just something wrong with my browser, but go see for >yourself: Yeah, but Linnell succesfully made it to #9 and he's just as obscure as Flans. -B O N G O From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 18:07:44 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA18495 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:07:44 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo18.mx.aol.com (imo18.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.8]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA18482 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:07:43 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from HeYAnArChY@aol.com) From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Received: from HeYAnArChY@aol.com by imo18.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.62.2de794a (4465) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:07:11 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <62.2de794a.263b658f@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:07:11 EDT Subject: TMBG: What happens? To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 106 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: HeYAnArChY@aol.com ..If we email the webmaster, or whatever you'd call the person you'd bawl out for this sort of thing, saying this is horribly unfair censorship and oppression, and see if we can't give Flans a chance.. .Or just keep voting, anyway, stubbornly and stuff? Lydia Self-Replenishing Source of Spite and Contention Since 1837 From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 18:14:59 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA18863 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:14:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mailrelay1.chek.com (gutmans.chek.com [208.197.227.23]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with SMTP id SAA18854 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:14:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from shaunpeck@astrosfan.net) Received: (qmail 15076 invoked from network); 28 Apr 2000 22:14:52 -0000 Received: from musone.chek.com (208.197.227.27) by mailrelay1.chek.com with SMTP; 28 Apr 2000 22:14:52 -0000 Received: (qmail 27809 invoked by uid 65534); 28 Apr 2000 22:14:52 -0000 Date: 28 Apr 2000 22:14:52 -0000 Message-ID: <20000428221452.27808.qmail@musone.chek.com> From: "Shaun Peck" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org X-Originating-IP: [208.205.29.81] Subject: TMBG: Voting for Flansburgh Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Shaun Peck" Okay, I have a question for the person who wrote the voting robot script. When I have my browser open it keeps voting and updating the bottom frame and Flansburgh keeps moving up. However, when I go straight to the People.com site, vote, and look at the results, Flansburgh isn't even on the list. What's the deal? Do you think that People could have figured our little scheme out and only shows our thousands of automated votes on when we vote that way? Currently, I see Flans is going to pass up Britney Spears very soon, but he's not even in the top ten when I vote the old fashioned way. Why is that? Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net! From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 18:15:20 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA18979 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:15:20 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mailsorter-105-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (mailsorter-105-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net [209.240.198.118]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA18970 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:15:19 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from GhostKrabb@webtv.net) Received: from storefull-245.iap.bryant.webtv.net (storefull-245.iap.bryant.webtv.net [209.240.199.90]) by mailsorter-105-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (WebTV_Postfix) with ESMTP id 26AD62C8F5 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:15:19 -0700 (PDT) Received: (from production@localhost) by storefull-245.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8-wtv-e/mt.gso.26Feb98) id PAA06172; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:15:19 -0700 (PDT) X-WebTV-Signature: 1 ETAtAhUAviZ5kgbPwLN1OiXfCtWq16zGXcYCFC/AEQtdEviESM4VJib6/9VREQdc From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:15:18 -0700 (PDT) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (They Might Be Giants) Subject: Re: TMBG: What happens? Message-ID: <11918-390A0D76-10335@storefull-245.iap.bryant.webtv.net> In-Reply-To: HeYAnArChY@aol.com's message of Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:07:11 EDT Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit MIME-Version: 1.0 (WebTV) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Well, I doubt that if we just keep voting that they'll put him back on. I'm sure that they'll just discard any votes for a "John Flansburgh." Which is why I propose we all start voting now for "Rolf Conant." That way, he'll still be on there, but those People bastards just won't know it. And then, if he does indeed make it back on as Rolf, then we'll also have the satisfaction of knowing that we outsmarted People. Of course, we could just start voting now for Linnell or one of the Dans. P.S. - Incase there's some people on here who are don't know, and are wondering who the hell Rolf Conant is, that was the alias that Flans used during the recording of the Hello The Band e.p. with Joshua Fried. Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 18:23:23 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA19416 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:23:23 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from burdell.cc.gatech.edu (root@burdell.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.3.207]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA19407 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:23:22 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from thehangedman@death-star.com) Received: from oscar.cc.gatech.edu (root@oscar.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.107.12]) by burdell.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id SAA29375 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:23:15 -0400 (EDT) Received: from the-hanged-man (r69h91.res.gatech.edu [128.61.69.91]) by oscar.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with SMTP id SAA28567 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:23:14 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <4.1.20000428181559.009b8b50@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> X-Sender: hangdman@oscar.cc.gatech.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.1 Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:17:54 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: People.com wasn't bluffing. In-Reply-To: <8ed077$g3v$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> References: <390A014A.678924B2@mail.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: the hanged man Okay... I don't get it... when the flans-voting page is up, the poll viewed looks totally different than the one when voting normally. #s for all the candidates are lower... do they have 2 polls going on in an attempt to fool us? I don't understand how they managed this. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 18:26:46 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA19674 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:26:46 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from burdell.cc.gatech.edu (root@burdell.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.3.207]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA19665 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:26:45 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from thehangedman@death-star.com) Received: from oscar.cc.gatech.edu (root@oscar.cc.gatech.edu [130.207.107.12]) by burdell.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id SAA00273 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:26:44 -0400 (EDT) Received: from the-hanged-man (r69h91.res.gatech.edu [128.61.69.91]) by oscar.cc.gatech.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with SMTP id SAA28667 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:26:43 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <4.1.20000428182015.009d6ab0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> X-Sender: hangdman@oscar.cc.gatech.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.1 Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:21:24 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: the hanged man Subject: TMBG: Flans 2000 update In-Reply-To: <4.1.20000428181559.009b8b50@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> References: <8ed077$g3v$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> <390A014A.678924B2@mail.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: the hanged man Okay... I've updated the site ( http://thehangedman.digitaldriveway.com/voteflans/ ) to whatever it was bryce gave me... but if someone could tell me what people.com is managing to do and what bryce did to fix it, i would be much obliged. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 18:33:29 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA20044 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:33:29 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from m12.jersey.juno.com (m12.jersey.juno.com [209.67.34.65]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA20035 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:33:28 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from crystaviel@juno.com) Received: from cookie.juno.com by cookie.juno.com for <"/+CT5SDyClsbxHZIl0p0MGZjols6QzdVVtG4g2Tqvd+SUO+k8FuGoA=="> Received: (from crystaviel@juno.com) by m12.jersey.juno.com (queuemail) id E6SCDDTW; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:33:14 EDT To: people-webmaster@pathfinder.com, people-editor@pathfinder.com, editor@people.com Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:36:34 -0400 Subject: TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh Message-ID: <20000428.183636.-82485073.1.Crystaviel@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 4.0.5 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 1-2,10-11,14-15,19-23 X-Juno-Att: 0 X-Juno-RefParts: 0 From: Crystaviel A Lockier Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Crystaviel A Lockier To: those responsible for the management of the Most Beautiful People Poll I am very disappointed to find that John Flansburgh, of They Might Be Giants, has been removed from your Most Beautiful People Poll. Along with thousands of other Flansburgh fans, I voted for him in good faith and this move demonstrates elitism and censorship. It shows that your poll is obviously and blatantly rigged in favor of those who YOU believe to be mainstream and cosmopolitan enough to be on your poll, (read: shallow teenybopper magnets), and does not truly reflect the opinions of the majority. As I have said, I am truly disappointed in you and in your magazine. This move will surely have a negative effect on the opinions of many, many people, People Magazine readers included among them. Congratulations, your self serving and arbitrary management of your media has cost you the respect of more intelligent and active people; but perhaps you are satisfied with the shallow, mindless demographic you're pandering to. Crysta Lockier 87 friendly rd hicksville NY 11801 516-796-8253 ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 18:58:33 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA20883 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:58:33 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from rmx09.globecomm.net (rmx09.iname.net [165.251.8.95]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA20874 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:58:32 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from veggiehappy@email.com) Received: from web14.mail.com by rmx09.globecomm.net (8.9.1/8.8.0) with SMTP id SAA03291 ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:58:31 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <381324975.956962711911.JavaMail.root@web14.mail.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:58:31 -0400 (EDT) From: beth! spillen To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: what the?! Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: mail.com X-Originating-IP: 63.21.149.58 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: beth! spillen Has the voting page been shut down? I've been trying to get there, and it's nowhere to be found. What happened while I was at work? Someone? Please! **Beth!** * ----------------------------------------------- FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 19:05:02 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id TAA21062 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:05:02 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: (from news@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id TAA20982 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:01:13 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from GATEWAY by ussenterprise.ufp.org with netnews for tmbg-list@tmbg.org (tmbg-list@tmbg.org) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:00:46 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8ed57p$kfl$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org References: <4.1.20000428181559.009b8b50@oscar.cc.gatech.edu>, <4.1.20000428182015.009d6ab0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> Subject: TMBG: Re: Flans 2000 update Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" the hanged man wrote in message news:4.1.20000428182015.009d6ab0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu... > Okay... I've updated the site ( > http://thehangedman.digitaldriveway.com/voteflans/ ) to whatever it was > bryce gave me... but if someone could tell me what people.com is managing > to do and what bryce did to fix it, i would be much obliged. Their form page is now submitting votes to a different "gameid" than it used to be. If your browser is still open to our old form, you're still voting in the old game, and Flans is still showing up there. If you go to the original form on People's site, you'll be voting in the new game, where he's not. Hence the discrepancy among the folks who've posted about this. So reload now. Make sure you're voting to the one where Flans doesn't show up yet. Better yet, if you really want to get serious, download and install the Tcl/Tk interpreter from here: http://dev.scriptics.com/software/tcltk/download82.html Send me email when you've finished, and I'll tell you what to do next. But hold on a minute. Have we already made our point? Should we go on? I think so, since the poll's still going on and it's not like it hurts anything. Beat that dead horse! Should we switch to another nominee? If they're actually throwing out votes for "John Flansburgh" in the new game, then I guess so. But how can we tell? Only by voting a s*load of times for Flans in the new game. And if they are throwing out his votes, then we *really* have some elitism to complain about. Bryce From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 19:09:24 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id TAA21338 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:09:24 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from uta.marymt.edu (uta.marymt.edu [207.10.165.11]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id TAA21329 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:09:22 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from rockwell@mmc.marymt.edu) Received: from crockwell.mmc.marymt.edu (birdh0use@[207.10.165.234]) by uta.marymt.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA12875; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:22:09 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from rockwell@mmc.marymt.edu) Message-Id: <4.3.0.20000428190024.00aa4c60@mmc.marymt.edu> X-Sender: rockwell@mmc.marymt.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 4.3 Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:07:06 -0400 To: people-webmaster@pathfinder.com, people-editor@pathfinder.com, editor@people.com From: Christina Rockwell Subject: TMBG: People magazine and the dumbing down of america In-Reply-To: <20000428.183636.-82485073.1.Crystaviel@juno.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Christina Rockwell Dear People: You have taken John Flansburgh off your online poll. Seemingly because he doesn't fit what you think is beautiful or the mainstream norm. Obviously he has enough fans to get him up this high who wont accept the bubble gum eye candy garbage that is on the list. A standard of beauty that no one can achieve. I am canceling my subscription to People magazine. I have for sometime felt that it contributed to many of our social ills. now I am quite sure of it and I will not be parting with my money to help contribute to homogenizing, misogyny, and quite frankly the dribble that your magazine unleashes to the public. Thank you Christina-Marie Rockwell From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 21:19:38 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id VAA37254 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:19:38 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d03.mx.aol.com (imo-d03.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.35]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id VAA37245 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:19:37 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from HeYAnArChY@aol.com) From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Received: from HeYAnArChY@aol.com by imo-d03.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.75.376ff77 (4155) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:19:03 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <75.376ff77.263b9287@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:19:03 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans 2000 update To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 106 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: HeYAnArChY@aol.com I say we take turns with them: Keep voting them in up to some ridiculously high placement and getting them kicked out. Constantly! To show that we REALLY care: Not only can we get them up to third, but we can do it over and over and over again! Whee! Lydia Being a bit silly. Since 1837. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 21:23:16 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id VAA37416 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:23:16 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from sp28.notesnet.bgsu.edu (sp28.notesnet.bgsu.edu [129.1.7.28]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id VAA37405; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:23:14 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from kless@bgnet.bgsu.edu) Received: from 129.1.205.214 ([129.1.205.214]) by sp28.notesnet.bgsu.edu (Lotus Domino Release 5.0.2b) with SMTP id 2000042821235145:291592 ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:23:51 -0400 Message-ID: <390A3958.7EF2@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:22:33 -0400 From: "K.C." X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.04 (Macintosh; I; 68K) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Bryce CC: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans 2000 update References: <4.1.20000428181559.009b8b50@oscar.cc.gatech.edu>, <4.1.20000428182015.009d6ab0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> <8ed57p$kfl$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> X-MIMETrack: Itemize by SMTP Server on MAILGW02/SERVER/BGSU(Release 5.0.2b |December 16, 1999) at 04/28/2000 09:23:52 PM, Serialize by Router on MAILGW02/SERVER/BGSU(Release 5.0.2b |December 16, 1999) at 04/28/2000 09:24:24 PM, Serialize complete at 04/28/2000 09:24:24 PM Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "K.C." Well, at least in the old poll he had passed Britney Spears, when I arrived home 5 minutes ago. We got him to #2 before they shut us down!! If everyone will go for it, I say we vote for Dan Hickey, the butterfly. Nobody ever suspects the butterfly... -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, Triumvir Fantasy Sports Campaign Manager, OUK 2000 docworm@tmbg.org, docworm@icestorm.net From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 21:23:30 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id VAA37464 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:23:30 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f164.law3.hotmail.com [209.185.241.164]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with SMTP id VAA37454 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:23:29 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from agreenlese@hotmail.com) Received: (qmail 69830 invoked by uid 0); 28 Apr 2000 19:56:16 -0000 Message-ID: <20000428195616.69829.qmail@hotmail.com> Received: from 206.152.227.26 by www.hotmail.com with HTTP; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:56:16 PDT X-Originating-IP: [206.152.227.26] From: "Amy Greenlese" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: Fwd: TMBG: Err... where went bryce's page? Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:56:16 EDT Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Amy Greenlese" Weird, I've had the page up all day and it's still up and running. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 22:53:58 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id WAA00818 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:53:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d06.mx.aol.com (imo-d06.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.38]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id WAA00807 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:53:56 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com) From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Received: from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com by imo-d06.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.9d.4b7ecbb (3897); Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:53:17 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <9d.4b7ecbb.263ba89d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:53:17 EDT Subject: TMBG: Telling "People" Where To Shove It To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org CC: aecsk8gr8@juno.com, asords03@hotmail.com, Avi9585@aol.com, DuTcHeSsS@aol.com, senglish@stratos.net, Thesplink@aol.com, Lifesuxduh@aol.com, Mi6MBS007@aol.com, Noxulula@aol.com, penguin3000@chickmail.com, Psy73@aol.com, snozzwanglerbob@juno.com, TinaNSync@aol.com MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 104 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com listees, and my dearest of friends, (for those of you who don't know, John Flansburgh's votes were taken away from the People Magazine Poll by those damned mainstrean teenybopper eye candy bastards at People Online, which, just by coincidence, are the same company as AOL.) I think it would be really cool if we could get Mr. Flansburgh to write to People Magazine himself. He could say that he is really offended by the fact that they did not consider him to be a reasonable candidate for Most Beautiful Person, and that they are Communist Nazi censorship bastard people with permanent wedgies (so what if we were cheating?). And if they don't have permanent wedgies now, they deserve to get permanet wedgies. Of course, they'd never print it. If they were wusses enough to disqualify him, why the hell would they print an angry letter from him? "What the hell has 'Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf' got that John Flansburgh doesn't?" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 22:55:32 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id WAA00896 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:55:32 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d02.mx.aol.com (imo-d02.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.34]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id WAA00887 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:55:31 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from HeYAnArChY@aol.com) From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Received: from HeYAnArChY@aol.com by imo-d02.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.22.517811c (4261) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:54:59 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <22.517811c.263ba903@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:54:59 EDT Subject: Non-TMBG: You Were Spiraling To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 106 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Anyone know where I can find YWS MP3s, or if I can at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks- Lydia Pirating Music Gleefully Since 1837 From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:05:38 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA01452 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:05:38 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo22.mx.aol.com (imo22.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.66]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA01443 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:05:37 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from EmarZero@aol.com) From: EmarZero@aol.com Received: from EmarZero@aol.com by imo22.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.ea.49a077a (4544) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:04:53 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:04:52 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: You Were Spiraling To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows sub 28 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: EmarZero@aol.com Ahem. On behalf of Some Random Guy On the List Who Inevitably Does This. You suck. How dare you pirate MP3s. Never mind that non-digital media is deader than disco, the mere notion of pirating MP3s should result in your lynching. -ez0, just had his HD crash monday, resulting in the loss of 400 MP3s. All of them roxored, too. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:15:06 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA01811 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:15:06 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo12.mx.aol.com (imo12.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA01802 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:15:05 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from HeYAnArChY@aol.com) From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Received: from HeYAnArChY@aol.com by imo12.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.36.53314de (4441) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:14:30 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <36.53314de.263bad96@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:14:30 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: You Were Spiraling To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 106 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: HeYAnArChY@aol.com > Ahem. On behalf of Some Random Guy On the List Who Inevitably Does This. > > You suck. How dare you pirate MP3s. Never mind that non-digital media is > deader than disco, the mere notion of pirating MP3s should result in your > lynching. > > -ez0, just had his HD crash monday, resulting in the loss of 400 MP3s. All > of them roxored, too. You're fuuuuuuuunny! Anyway, for decency's sake, I was planning on getting some of their studio recordings to see if they're as good as their live ones, to see if I want to go hunt for their CDs and buy them, yum. So ha! HAHAHA! I have thwarted you! ..well not YOU, per se, but anyone who.. Well, you get the idea. But seriously.. Know where I can find any? Lydia Who has the same Wu Name as Jesus From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:23:25 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA02150 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:23:25 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mailsorter-105-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net (mailsorter-105-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net [209.240.198.119]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA02138 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:23:24 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from GhostKrabb@webtv.net) Received: from storefull-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net (storefull-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net [209.240.199.123]) by mailsorter-105-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net (WebTV_Postfix) with ESMTP id 9A67A904 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:23:23 -0700 (PDT) Received: (from production@localhost) by storefull-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8-wtv-e/mt.gso.26Feb98) id UAA02661; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:23:23 -0700 (PDT) X-WebTV-Signature: 1 ETAsAhQ9UPG+GO108ix4WfuKuZuE6xzMLwIUCLnQRg82h+cMND2bPPBKb2PH730= From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:23:23 -0700 (PDT) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (They Might Be Giants) Subject: Re: TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh Message-ID: <25763-390A55AB-11073@storefull-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> In-Reply-To: Crystaviel A Lockier 's message of Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:36:34 -0400 Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit MIME-Version: 1.0 (WebTV) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) To both Crysta and Christina about your letters to People: Very, very well done! Please let us know if you get a response. Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:30:35 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA02479 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:35 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo17.mx.aol.com (imo17.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA02469 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:34 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from MikeTheGiant@aol.com) From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Received: from MikeTheGiant@aol.com by imo17.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.bc.46db5b5 (3989) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:02 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 104 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: MikeTheGiant@aol.com In a message dated 4/28/00 11:24:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << To both Crysta and Christina about your letters to People: Very, very well done! Please let us know if you get a response. Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) >> I too, have sent a letter to People. It is below: <> Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:30:49 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA02526 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:49 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d05.mx.aol.com (imo-d05.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.37]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA02517 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:48 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com) From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Received: from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com by imo-d05.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.43.40e0434 (3895) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:13 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <43.40e0434.263bb145@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:30:13 EDT Subject: TMBG: Incredibly Obscure TMBG Reference To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 105 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com I don't even know why I'm writing this. Our man Flans might eventually be on Space Ghost, but this week Alice Cooper was. And Zorak said, "Welcome to my nightmare!" An Alice Cooper song I know, because it's mentioned in "Why Must I Be Sad". Didn't Flansburgh sing that one? So it goes full circle. "No one cares." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:34:29 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA02686 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:34:29 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo21.mx.aol.com (imo21.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.65]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA02676 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:34:28 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from MikeTheGiant@aol.com) From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Received: from MikeTheGiant@aol.com by imo21.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.c5.4b8863c (3989) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:33:51 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:33:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The arbitrary denial of John Flansburgh To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 104 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Sure, I might have exaggerated a little, buy hey, who cares? Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:37:33 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA02815 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:37:33 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d07.mx.aol.com (imo-d07.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.39]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA02806 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:37:32 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from Kreadoubt@aol.com) From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Received: from Kreadoubt@aol.com by imo-d07.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v26.7.) id i.6.5449a0b (8417) for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:36:56 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <6.5449a0b.263bb2d8@aol.com> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:36:56 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Incredibly Obscure TMBG Reference To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 105 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Kreadoubt@aol.com In a message dated 4/28/00 8:33:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time, CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com writes: > I don't even know why I'm writing this. > > Our man Flans might eventually be on Space Ghost, but this week Alice Cooper > > was. And Zorak said, "Welcome to my nightmare!" An Alice Cooper song I know, > > because it's mentioned in "Why Must I Be Sad". Didn't Flansburgh sing that > one? So it goes full circle. > > "No one cares." > Dr. Rick Worm Actually, Linnell sings it. FLansburgh sings the end part....(flansburgh) Why must I be sad? (Welcome to My Nightmare / Dead) Why must I be sad? (Babies / Raped and Freezin' / You) Why must I be sad? (Drive Me Nervous / Elected /) Why must I be sad? (Generation Landslide / Un) Why must I be sad? (der My Wheels / Muscle of Love /) Why must I be sad? (School's Out / Only Women Bleed /) Why must I be sad? (Billion Dollar Babies) Why must I be sad? (sad, sad, sad) (sad, sad, sad) (sad, sad, sad) (sad, sad) -Kreadoubt From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 28 23:41:13 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA03058 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:41:13 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from web122.yahoomail.com (web122.yahoomail.com [205.180.60.57]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with SMTP id XAA03049 for ; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:41:12 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from sullenmoon1@yahoo.com) Received: (qmail 27496 invoked by uid 60001); 29 Apr 2000 03:41:06 -0000 Message-ID: <20000429034106.27495.qmail@web122.yahoomail.com> Received: from [64.40.40.23] by web122.yahoomail.com; Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:41:06 PDT Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:41:06 -0700 (PDT) From: Jennifer Morton Subject: TMBG: more from the opposition's list........ To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Jennifer Morton wow, i come back from work only to find that this whole people poll thing has exploded. Bit, if you think this list has gone crazy, you should've seen the scott cohen list. geez. my sister fwd'd me a few of the more relevant msg's from Penny and her ilk, and i've picked out a couple of excerpts everyone might find enjoyable. oh, and regarding the whole "who is scott cohen" thing, i did not know until i happened upon The 10th Kingdom a while back on tv and, okay, he is prety cute. I think it was just the character though. Obviously he's no Flans! ~Jennifer the dashes indicate seperate e-mails >>>>>>We closed the gap between Scott and Nick by about 1500 votes > overnight > but ominously the second highest gain (we don't COUNT Flansburgh's > magical > numbers- they just exist as does background NOISE and smog- ignore > those > votes. They do not represent true fan dedication ... just > techno-smarts) > was by #6 Roy Dupuis (?). Looks like we still should be keeping a > wary > eye over our shoulders while we simultaneouly keep an eye toward > gaining on > Nick. * ----------------------------------------------------- The editor from People Online got back to me about our concern about > the John Flansburgh robot. Here is what she said: > > Dear Melissa, > > Thank you for your concern. Indeed there is a robot involved with the > > John Flansburgh numbers and our techs are working diligently right > now > to root it out. Everything should be cleaned up soon. > > --Jane > > So this should answer all of our concerns!!! > > Melissa > Assistant Newsletter Editor > > * ----------------------------------------------------- >I would appreciate it greatly if any of Mr. > Flansburgh's > > fans would get a grip on themselves, and realize that -- at > least > > on my part -- this voting thing is a fun, non serious thing to > > do. > > I have young children who read my emails, and I do NOT > > appreciate the language that has been directed at me > personally. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online and get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #28-25 ******************************