Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #28-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 28, Number 3 Tuesday, 4 April 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Being John Malkovich end music TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #28-1 TMBG: Video Bootleg #4 TMBG: Re: Video Bootleg #4 Re: TMBG: Re: Video Bootleg #4 Re: TMBG: Video Bootleg #4 TMBG: TMBG Hits 21! Fw: TMBG: TMBG Hits 21! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 03 Apr 2000 05:33:53 -0800 Message-ID: <-1257382464ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Being John Malkovich end music The movie ends with a Bjork song called "Amphibion". Then the score plays. I usually stay to through end credits but I couldn't that time. So I can't be 100% positve but I really doubt its in there. I also have the soundtrack and it has no TMBG on it. Since the movie deals with puppetry it seems to make sense but it wouldn't fit in with the feel of the movie. -B O N G O On Monday, May 22, 1939, Joe Teagno wrote: >I found a copy of the original script for Being John Malkovich online at >http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/bejomalk.txt > >and I noticed that there are a lot of small differences between this script >and what actually stayed in the film. >One thing that caught my attention was the end credits. The >script says: > >"MUSIC IN: "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head" by They Might Be Giants. >It plays throughout the credits. > >FADE OUT > >THE END" > >Unfortunately, I didn't stay for the end credits when I saw the movie, so I >don't know if Puppet Head ever did make its way into the film. I think it >would have been really appropriate for this movie, and I'd feel honored to >know that a band as good as TMBG was linked with a movie as good as Being >John Malkovich. > >So, can anybody who stayed for the end credits help me out >here? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38E89E92.EA4CBD5A@st.com> Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 08:37:22 -0500 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #28-1 Date: 31 Mar 2000 14:18:30 -0800 Message-ID: ?-1257610188ggr@wlg.com? From: Bongo ?ggr@wlg.com? Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost? On Saturday, May 20, 1939, Gegatron@aol.com wrote: ?Hey was flansburgh ever on space ghost? i know he was supposed ?to be aired but i havent heard anything since I was hoping it would show up on Russ Josephson next TMBG video bootleg along with recent other TMBG stuff. That is if he still makes 'em. -B O N G O Hello, Yes, I'm still making the TMBG Video Bootlegs, though my master for Vol 1 wore out last fall, so I'm not making them any more. I'd like to do a Vol. 4, but I keep forgetting to tape that Malcom ITM show. Anybody have a video tape with all the TMBG stuff on it? If you missed the House Of Blues webcast, I've got a great video of it! Check my web page for tmbg stuff at http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm Russ ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Date: 03 Apr 2000 08:01:22 -0800 Message-ID: <-1257373616ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Video Bootleg #4 On Tuesday, May 23, 1939, Russ Josephson wrote: >Yes, I'm still making the TMBG Video Bootlegs, though my master for Vol 1 >wore out last fall, so I'm not making them any more. I'd like to do a >Vol. 4, but I keep forgetting to tape that Malcom ITM show. Anybody >have a video tape with all the TMBG stuff on it? If you missed the >House Of Blues webcast, I've got a great video of it! Check my web >page for tmbg stuff at >http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm > > Russ It might be hard to include every piece of TMBG music from MitM. So many scenes have brief snippets of music lasting only a few seconds. It would be nice though to at least include the Pencil Rain and TMHFO parts. Also I'm sure that your going to include the Brave New World (or whatever it was called) stuff, right? Also Linnell on Conan. And...umm...what else? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:29:47 -0400 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <8cagpg$2ust$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Video Bootleg #4 It would be kind of nice to get the parts of the Daily Show Millennium Special from last December. It was a pretty kick ass Factory-style version of "I Can Hear You". Regards, Jose Bongo wrote in message <-1257373616ggr@wlg.com>... > > >On Tuesday, May 23, 1939, Russ Josephson wrote: > >>Yes, I'm still making the TMBG Video Bootlegs, though my master for Vol 1 >>wore out last fall, so I'm not making them any more. I'd like to do a >>Vol. 4, but I keep forgetting to tape that Malcom ITM show. Anybody >>have a video tape with all the TMBG stuff on it? If you missed the >>House Of Blues webcast, I've got a great video of it! Check my web >>page for tmbg stuff at >>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm >> >> Russ > > It might be hard to include every piece of TMBG music from MitM. So many scenes have brief snippets of music lasting only a few seconds. It would be nice though to at least include the Pencil Rain and TMHFO parts. Also I'm sure that your going to include the Brave New World (or whatever it was called) stuff, right? Also Linnell on Conan. And...umm...what else? > >-B O N G O > > ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <5f.35cf8fb.261a2579@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:48:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Video Bootleg #4 I was wondering if that stupid little "siftin" video I made was going to be on it. My friend sent it in with alot of other stuff. It has cartoon johns dancing around to the song. -Hary Pyro (formerly pyle) ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <79.2ab9038.261a3aed@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:20:29 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Bootleg #4 << It might be hard to include every piece of TMBG music from MitM. So many scenes have brief snippets of music lasting only a few seconds. It would be nice though to at least include the Pencil Rain and TMHFO parts. Don't forget the scenes featuring "Nice is Good, Mean is Bad" and "Why does the Sun Shine"---those are so funny! I have decent (not *great*) copies of those scenes, as well as all of TMBG's BNW apearences, the Daily Show Millenium special, and Linnell on Conan if you need 'em (it would have to be a loan, tho, since I don't have 2 vcrs). Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38E97789.612B5A46@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 22:03:12 -0700 From: Gary Subject: TMBG: TMBG Hits 21! Remember when "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" had a question about how many miles away the sun was? Well, I was watching another prime time game show tonight called "Twenty One" (a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" rip off). The host, Murray Povitch, asked this question: "What ancient city has had several names including "Constantinople"? A) Baghdad B) Jerusalem C) Istanbul D) Alexandria The contestant paused for a while as if he was clueless. Then he said that he was fairly positive the answer was "Istanbul". I THINK Murray then asked him , "and why are you so positive about that your answer"? It was as if Mr. Povitch was begging him to mention TMBG! (or at least the Four Lads). But the contestant replied saying that he was very confident in his answer (as if he misunderstood the question.) Anyway, considering the sun question on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" this seems like a weird coincidence. Is it possible that the question writer for "Twenty One" saw the Millionaire show and wanted to add his own TMBG related question? (Doubtful but its fun to speculate.) -B O N G O (and then the contestant looked over at the camera and said, "You're not taping this are you?") ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005801bf9df4$d2d4b680$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Fw: TMBG: TMBG Hits 21! Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 01:15:40 -0400 Organization: Marymount College I am positive that these people didn't make TMBG references in their questions. I learned how far the sun was from the earth in 2nd grade...i dont think that was tmbg related..and i dont think that i learned istanbul was called constantinople because the teacher was into TMBG. I mean...hmm these are are refferences to songs not written by tmbg about things that have been around way before 1983. I doubt the writers even _heard_ oftmbg... *digress* > > Remember when "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" had a question about how > many miles away > > the sun was? Well, I was watching another prime time game show tonight > called "Twenty > > One" (a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" rip off). The host, Murray > Povitch, asked this > > question: > > > > "What ancient city has had several names including "Constantinople"? > > > > A) Baghdad > > > > B) Jerusalem > > > > C) Istanbul > > > > D) Alexandria > > > > The contestant paused for a while as if he was clueless. Then he said > that he was fairly > > positive the answer was "Istanbul". > > I THINK Murray then asked him , "and why are you so positive about that > your answer"? It > > was as if Mr. Povitch was begging him to mention TMBG! (or at least the > Four Lads). > > > > But the contestant replied saying that he was very confident in his > answer (as if he > > misunderstood the question.) > > > > Anyway, considering the sun question on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" > this seems like > > a weird coincidence. Is it possible that the question writer for "Twenty > One" saw the > > Millionaire show and wanted to add his own TMBG related question? > (Doubtful but its fun to > > speculate.) > > > > -B O N G O > > (and then the contestant looked over at the camera and said, "You're not > taping this are > > you?") > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #28-3 *****************************