Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #28-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 28, Number 9 Thursday, 13 April 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) TMBG: Re: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) Re: TMBG: Re: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) Re:TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) TMBG: Anagrams of 'Moxy fruvous' TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts TMBG: Anagrams of 'John Flansburgh' Re: TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts Re: TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts TMBG: I'm new to the list... TMBG: Maakies! Re: TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts NON-TMBG: um, hello? TMBG: Bowery Ballroom 27/4 Non-TMBG: Who is this band? Re:TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) Re: TMBG: Maakies! Re: TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) TMBG: Daily Show Alert Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000701bfa447$f5891be0$a600a8c0@icka.net> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: TMBG: Re: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:25:54 -0600 Please go to www.snopes.com and look in the Inbox section. This particular chain letter is the biggest load of shit I've ever seen...but at least it's funny. :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my NEW AND IMPROVED web page... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ ----- Original Message ----- From: To: ; ; <"jerrie_f_daly"@uhc.com>; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 8:35 PM Subject: TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) > > > > I am a very sick boy little boy. My mother is typing this for me, > because > > I > > > can't. She is crying. Don't cry, Mommy! Mommy is always sad, but she > says > > > it's not my fault. I asked her if it was God's fault, but she didn't > > answer, > > > and only started crying harder, so I don't ask her that anymore. > > > The reason she is so sad is that I'm so sick. I was born without a > body. > > It > > > doesn't hurt, except when I go to sleep. The doctors gave me an > artificial > > > body. My body is a burlap bag filled with leaves. The doctors said > that > > was > > > the best they could do on account of us havin' no money or insurance. > I > > > would like to have a body transplant, but we need more money. > > > Mommy doesn't work because she said employers don't hire crying > people. > I > > > said, "Don't cry, Mommy," and she hugged my burlap body. Mommy always > > gives > > > me hugs, even though she's allergic to burlap, and it chafes her real > bad. > > > I hope you will help me. You can help me if you forward this e-mail. > > > Dr. Van Nostrem from the clinic said if you forward this e-mail then > Bill > > > Gates will team up with AOL and do a survey with NASA. Then the > astronauts > > > will collect prayers from school children all over America and take > them > > up > > > to space so that the angels can hear them better. Then they will go > to > the > > > Pope, and he will take up a collection in church and send the money > to > the > > > doctors. The doctors could help me better then. Maybe one day I will > be > > able > > > to play baseball. Or maybe just use my lungs and heart, when the > doctors > > > make them. The doctors said that every time you forward this letter, > the > > > astronauts can take another prayer to the angels. Please help me. > Mommy > is > > > so sad, and I want a body. I don't want my leaves to rot before I > turn > 10. > > > If you don't forward this e-mail, that's OK. Mommy says you're a mean > > > heartless idiot who doesn't care about a poor little boy with only a > > > head. She says that if you don't stew in the raw pit of your own > > > guilt-ridden stomach, she hopes you die a long slow horrible death so > you > > > can burn forever in hell. What kind of goddamned person are you that > you > > > can't take five minutes to forward this to all your friends so that > > > they can feel guilt and shame for the rest of their day, and then > maybe > > help > > > a poor, bodiless nine-year-old boy? > > > Please help me. This really sucks. I try to be happy but it's hard. I > wish > > I > > > had a puppy. I wish I could hold a puppy. > > > Thank You. > > > Billy 'Smiles' Evans, the boy with just a head. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001301bfa448$82bba780$a600a8c0@icka.net> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: TMBG: Re: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:29:51 -0600 Sorry to do this twice... The exact URL is http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/stooopid/burlap.htm Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my NEW AND IMPROVED web page... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ ----- Original Message ----- From: To: ; ; <"jerrie_f_daly"@uhc.com>; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 8:35 PM Subject: TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) > > > > I am a very sick boy little boy. My mother is typing this for me, > because > > I > > > can't. She is crying. Don't cry, Mommy! Mommy is always sad, but she > says > > > it's not my fault. I asked her if it was God's fault, but she didn't > > answer, > > > and only started crying harder, so I don't ask her that anymore. > > > The reason she is so sad is that I'm so sick. I was born without a > body. > > It > > > doesn't hurt, except when I go to sleep. The doctors gave me an > artificial > > > body. My body is a burlap bag filled with leaves. The doctors said > that > > was > > > the best they could do on account of us havin' no money or insurance. > I > > > would like to have a body transplant, but we need more money. > > > Mommy doesn't work because she said employers don't hire crying > people. > I > > > said, "Don't cry, Mommy," and she hugged my burlap body. Mommy always > > gives > > > me hugs, even though she's allergic to burlap, and it chafes her real > bad. > > > I hope you will help me. You can help me if you forward this e-mail. > > > Dr. Van Nostrem from the clinic said if you forward this e-mail then > Bill > > > Gates will team up with AOL and do a survey with NASA. Then the > astronauts > > > will collect prayers from school children all over America and take > them > > up > > > to space so that the angels can hear them better. Then they will go > to > the > > > Pope, and he will take up a collection in church and send the money > to > the > > > doctors. The doctors could help me better then. Maybe one day I will > be > > able > > > to play baseball. Or maybe just use my lungs and heart, when the > doctors > > > make them. The doctors said that every time you forward this letter, > the > > > astronauts can take another prayer to the angels. Please help me. > Mommy > is > > > so sad, and I want a body. I don't want my leaves to rot before I > turn > 10. > > > If you don't forward this e-mail, that's OK. Mommy says you're a mean > > > heartless idiot who doesn't care about a poor little boy with only a > > > head. She says that if you don't stew in the raw pit of your own > > > guilt-ridden stomach, she hopes you die a long slow horrible death so > you > > > can burn forever in hell. What kind of goddamned person are you that > you > > > can't take five minutes to forward this to all your friends so that > > > they can feel guilt and shame for the rest of their day, and then > maybe > > help > > > a poor, bodiless nine-year-old boy? > > > Please help me. This really sucks. I try to be happy but it's hard. I > wish > > I > > > had a puppy. I wish I could hold a puppy. > > > Thank You. > > > Billy 'Smiles' Evans, the boy with just a head. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200004120629.CAA28050@f05n15.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 02:31:44 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) At 12:25 AM 4/12/2000 -0600, The Bastard Snowman wrote: >Please go to www.snopes.com and look in the Inbox section. This particular >chain letter is the biggest load of shit I've ever seen...but at least it's >funny. :0) Seems obvious to me that it's actually a spoof of chain letters...intentionally funny. --Jason-- ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0004129555.AA955556983@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:29:40 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) Dear Billy - - - I'm sorry I can't help you with the whole Bill Gates-AOL-NASA-Angels-Pope-Doctors thing, but as a serious believer in the separation of church & state and a major proponent of the eradication of monopolies, I find your plan conflicts with my moral and social value system. I might be able to help you out, however. I have been collecting fliptops for several other unfortunate victims of circumstance. I guess the girl without kidneys and the 6-year-old born with a soup tureen for a head can get along without my donation, especially since my emails to them asking where to send my 12 Hefty Bags full of fliptops come back marked "Member Unknown". So, if you'll give me your address and send me $42.79 for postage, I'll be happy to send you my fliptop collection. If the astronauts don't get through before your leaves rot, you can make yourself a nifty mechanical body with them. Oh, wait, you don't have any hands. Sorry bout that. Never mind. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** p.s. Have you ever considered changing your name to Russell? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:25:06 GMT From: server@AnagramGenius.com Message-Id: Subject: TMBG: Anagrams of 'Moxy fruvous' A friend of yours, Tmbg4life@aol.com, recently visited: http://www.AnagramGenius.com/ and requested that you receive a copy of the following list of anagrams. (Your details are strictly private and you have not been added to a mailing list of any kind.) To learn about and/or download the Windows or MacOS software that made these, please visit: http://www.genius2000.com/ag.html The list below is made with a cut-down version of the program. N.B. This text is extremely poor for anagramming. You might want to try again with a longer or better example. Advice on this is on http://www.AnagramGenius.com/serverhelp.html Rearranging the letters of 'Moxy fruvous' gives: Our foxy Mv us. Your Mv fox us. Ovum ox fry us. Our foxy v sum. Your v fox sum. Yum! sour v fox. So. Ovum X fury. Yum! ours, v fox. Yum! v fox or us. My! our v fox us. Yum! v ox fours. Foxy ovum us R. Yum! our fox's v. Yum! so fur v ox. Oy! rum v fox us. Yo! rum v fox us. Fox's rum v you. O! Mv fox usury. O! foxy, rum v us. V fox you us Mr. Ovum ox fury S. Surf Mv ox you. Mv ox usury of. Mv ox you furs. Oy! surf ovum X. Yo! surf ovum X. Ours foxy v mu. My v ox four us. Oy! ovum X furs. Yo! ovum X furs. Ox VMS fur you. Foxy, sour v mu. V us or foxy mu. O! Mv ox fury us. Yum! v ox for us. Yours U Mv fox. Ours foxy, U Mv. Mv X you fours. Yours, v fox mu. Foxy Mv or U us. O My! fur v ox us. Foxy, U, sour Mv. O! v ox fury sum. My rufous v ox. Foxy v or U sum. O! ovum X fry us. Yum! so. V fox Ru. Oy! fur Mv ox us. Yo! fur Mv ox us. Your Mv X of us. Yum! so. V X four. Oy! fur v ox sum. Yo! fur v ox sum. Your U fox VMS. Your v X of sum. Yum! sour v X of. So fur Mv X you. Fox VMS you Ru. Fur ovum X soy. Our foxy U VMS. Surf ovum ox y. So foxy, U, rum v. Yum! ours, v X of. Foxy, U ovum SR. X VMS you four. Yum! v of X or us. Ovum ox y furs. Fur mousy v ox. Foxy ovum Ru S. O My! v fox us Ru. Ours my U v fox. Your fox's v mu. Yum! fro. V ox us. Yum! O! surf v ox. Yum! our v fox S. Yum! v fox us Ro. Fur ovum X Oys. So. V ox fury mu. Yum! O! v ox furs. O My! v X four us. Yum! roof v X us. Your fox's U Mv. My U, sour v fox. Our Mv fox y us. So U Mv ox fury. My fox or U us v. Ovum X y fours. Oy! Mv fox us Ru. Yo! Mv fox us Ru. Fox's Mv you Ru. Fur v ox you Ms. V X you from us. O! foxy Mv us Ru. V fox usury Mo. Our foxy v us M. Mv fox you us R. Mv X you for us. Your v fox us M. Our v fox y sum. Oo! Mv X fury us. Oy! Mv X four us. Yo! Mv X four us. Oy! v fox sum Ru. Yo! v fox sum Ru. Yum! O! v X fours. O! foxy v sum Ru. So U ovum X fry. V fox you sum R. O My! rufous v X. My! our X us v of. V X you for sum. V X you form us. Yours, ovum X f. My! O! fur us ox v. Oo! v X fury sum. Oy! v X four sum. Yo! v X four sum. Yum! v or fox's U. Oy! v X forum us. Yo! v X forum us. Rum v fox you S. Mousy v fox Ru. Oy! rufous Mv X. Yo! rufous Mv X. V ox fury us Mo. V X you forums. So fur ovum X y. Your U v fox Ms. Mousy v X four. Our foxy, U v Ms. U v fox you Mrs. My U v ox fours. O! Yum! so fur v X. Yours, Mv X UFO. V fox you Ru Ms. My! our fox's U v. V X you four Ms. Mv ox you rf us. Your Mv ox f us. Your v ox FM us. V ox fry us Mou. Yum! v ox four S. So foxy v Ru mu. O! ovum X fury S. Fro. Mv X you us. X VMS your UFO. Oy! rum X us v of. Yo! rum X us v of. Fox's ovum y Ru. Oy! ovum X rf us. Yo! ovum X rf us. O! surf Mv X you. O! my us fox v Ru. O! Mv X usury of. Mv ox y four us. Rum v ox Foy us. V ox you rf sum. Your v ox f sum. Yum! Oo! surf v X. O! Mv X you furs. Yum! sour v ox f. Ovum fox y us R. Ovum X y for us. So. V X fury Mou. V you X of us Mr. Fro. V X you sum. Yum! Oo! v X furs. O! my four X v us. So foxy, U Mv Ru. X VMS O! fur you. Yum! O! fox's v Ru. My v of ox Ru us. V ox y four sum. Yum! ours, v ox f. Fur Mv ox you S. My! fur so U v ox. Yum! v f ox or us. V ox y forum us. O! O! fury X us Mv. O! Yum! us fox v R. O! Yum! for X v us. Moo! v X fury us. Oy! fur ovum X S. Yo! fur ovum X S. Ours my v X UFO. Rufous Mv ox y. O My! O! fur us X v. O! O! fury X sum v. My sour v X UFO. O My! surf U v ox. Yum! v of ox R us. My! O! rufous v X. Ox VMS O! U fury. My! Oo! fur us X v. Yours U Mv X of. O My! U v ox furs. UFO v or my us X. Yours, v X of mu. Oy! fox's U, rum v. Yo! fox's U, rum v. and many many more..... The following are the 10 longest words made using some of the letters: forums rufous forms forum fours rooms yours moors roofs moor's Anagrams created with the ** Anagram Genius ** software (available for your Windows or MacOS computer) Full details from: http://www.genius2000.com/ag.html Email: genius2000@genius2000.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:42:39 -0700 From: "Mary Moos" Message-ID: Subject: TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts Organization: ChickMail (http://www.chickmail.com:80) -- >From: deuels@juno.com >Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:35:52 -0400 >Subject: TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) >Message-ID: <20000411.232401.-47195429.0.deuels@juno.com> > >> > I am a very sick boy little boy. My mother is typing this for me, >because >> I >> > can't. She is crying. Don't cry, Mommy! Mommy is always sad, but she >says >> > it's not my fault. I asked her if it was God's fault, but she didn't >> answer, >> > and only started crying harder, so I don't ask her that anymore. >> > The reason she is so sad is that I'm so sick. I was born without a >body. >> It >> > doesn't hurt, except when I go to sleep. The doctors gave me an >artificial >> > body. My body is a burlap bag filled with leaves. The doctors said >that >> was >> > the best they could do on account of us havin' no money or insurance. >I >> > would like to have a body transplant, but we need more money. >> > Mommy doesn't work because she said employers don't hire crying >people. >I >> > said, "Don't cry, Mommy," and she hugged my burlap body. Mommy always >> gives >> > me hugs, even though she's allergic to burlap, and it chafes her real >bad. >> > I hope you will help me. You can help me if you forward this e-mail. >> > Dr. Van Nostrem from the clinic said if you forward this e-mail then >Bill >> > Gates will team up with AOL and do a survey with NASA. Then the >astronauts >> > will collect prayers from school children all over America and take >them >> up >> > to space so that the angels can hear them better. Then they will go >to >the >> > Pope, and he will take up a collection in church and send the money >to >the >> > doctors. The doctors could help me better then. Maybe one day I will >be >> able >> > to play baseball. Or maybe just use my lungs and heart, when the >doctors >> > make them. The doctors said that every time you forward this letter, >the >> > astronauts can take another prayer to the angels. Please help me. >Mommy >is >> > so sad, and I want a body. I don't want my leaves to rot before I >turn >10. >> > If you don't forward this e-mail, that's OK. Mommy says you're a mean >> > heartless idiot who doesn't care about a poor little boy with only a >> > head. She says that if you don't stew in the raw pit of your own >> > guilt-ridden stomach, she hopes you die a long slow horrible death so >you >> > can burn forever in hell. What kind of goddamned person are you that >you >> > can't take five minutes to forward this to all your friends so that >> > they can feel guilt and shame for the rest of their day, and then >maybe >> help >> > a poor, bodiless nine-year-old boy? >> > Please help me. This really sucks. I try to be happy but it's hard. I >wish >> I >> > had a puppy. I wish I could hold a puppy. >> > Thank You. >> > Billy 'Smiles' Evans, the boy with just a head. >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> Could that suck of you a bit more? Why would you send a dumb hoax to the list? A burlap bag can't serve as a body. Shouldn't you have learned that before, or am I mistaken? And a little boy that curses like that doesn't deserve a body. Anyway, what is a TMBG concert like? Are the Johns mean to rude people? Can you request songs? I've never been to a concert before. Pitiful, ain't it? -Mary *********************************** chickclick.com http://www.chickclick.com girl sites that don't fake it. http://www.chickmail.com sign up for your free email. http://www.chickshops.com boutique shopping from chickclick.com *********************************** ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:32:17 GMT From: server@AnagramGenius.com Message-Id: Subject: TMBG: Anagrams of 'John Flansburgh' A friend of yours, Tmbg4life@aol.com, recently visited: http://www.AnagramGenius.com/ and requested that you receive a copy of the following list of anagrams. (Your details are strictly private and you have not been added to a mailing list of any kind.) To learn about and/or download the Windows or MacOS software that made these, please visit: http://www.genius2000.com/ag.html The list below is made with a cut-down version of the program. N.B. This text is extremely poor for anagramming. You might want to try again with a better example. The letter 'J', especially, limits the scope for good anagrams. Advice on how to improve the text can be obtained from: http://www.AnagramGenius.com/serverhelp.html Rearranging the letters of 'John Flansburgh' gives: Flung 'n' harsh job. Shh! fun gnarl job. Shh! flung job ran. Shh! jar flung nob. Shh! job 'n' rang flu. Job 'n' harsh 'n' gulf. Shh! job 'n' flag run. Shh! flung raj nob. Shh! job gulf 'n' ran. Shh! job far 'n' lung. Shh! jab nor flung. Shh! flog Jan burn. Shh! jar gulf 'n' nob. Shh! flog rub Jann. Job 'n' half 'n' shrug. Shh! jar flog 'n' bun. Shh! jab flog 'n' run. Shh! rag 'n' job 'n' flu. Shh! flung Jan rob. Shh! jag flu 'n' born. Shh! bog 'n' jar 'n' flu. Shh! jab 'n' furlong. Shh! Jan gulf born. Shh! job 'n' flag urn. Flash J hung born. Shh! golf Jan burn. Shh! golf rub Jann. Jargon Hf 'n' blush. Shh! jargon flu Nb. Shh 'n' frugal 'n' job. Jog 'n' half 'n' brush. Shh! jog fan 'n' blur. Shh! raj gulf 'n' nob. Shh! job 'n' furl nag. Shh! lag 'n' job 'n' fur. Shh! Jan 'n' flog rub. Shh or jab 'n' flung. Shh! Jann gulf rob. Shh! jab 'n' long fur. Job rh 'n' flash gun. Shh! fog blur Jann. Flush hang J born. Flung harsh J nob. Ugh! J 'n' flash born. Flung harsh job N. Shh! jar golf 'n' bun. Shh! jar fob 'n' lung. Job 'n' flush nag rh. Shh! jab golf 'n' run. Shh! jab for 'n' lung. Shh! blur 'n' jag 'n' of. Shh! raj 'n' flog bun. Job fang 'n' lush rh. Rh jobs 'n' half gun. Job 'n' half guns rh. Job 'n' half snug rh. Shh! bog 'n' raj 'n' flu. Shun gnarl job Hf. Hog J 'n' flash burn. Shh! blur J on fang. Blush J fang horn. Snarl job Hf hung. Job flu 'n' gnash rh. Jobs hang flu 'n' rh. Shh! job 'n' gnar flu. Jog 'n' half 'n' shrub. John's grub 'n' half. Flung hash J born. Shh! jog flu 'n' bran. Shh! flung orb Jan. Job lf 'n' rash hung. Shh! Jan 'n' golf rub. Johns 'n' half grub. Shh! flag J on burn. Job hung 'n' flash R. Shh! jab flog 'n' urn. J hung 'n' flash rob. Job lf 'n' harsh gun. Shh! lug 'n' job 'n' far. Shh! rob 'n' jag 'n' flu. Shh nor jab 'n' gulf. Shh! Jan gulf 'n' rob. J horn 'n' flash bug. Shh! jar 'n' long fub. Shh! job 'n' flag Nur. Ha! jobs flung 'n' rh. Shh! job 'n' flung AR. Shh! run nag job lf. Shh! jar gulf on Nb. Rang job 'n' lush Hf. Hang job 'n' lush rf. Gosh! J 'n' half burn. J hogs 'n' half burn. Jug flash horn Nb. Shh! flog 'n' urban J. Shh! jargon lf bun. Jar flush hog 'n' Nb. Hung jobs 'n' half R. Far jobs hung 'n' HL. Far jobs hung 'n' LH. Job hung 'n' half SR. Shh! jog flu 'n' barn. Jug rh 'n' half snob. J robs 'n' half hung. Shh! flung a J born. Flung bash J horn. Shh! jar flung on B. Job hangs flu 'n' rh. Job fang rush 'n' HL. Job fang rush 'n' LH. Shh! jab gulf Norn. Shh! Jan 'n' fog blur. Shh! orb Jann gulf. Flush J horn bang. Shh! raj 'n' golf bun. Shh! raj 'n' fob lung. Job Hf 'n' rash lung. Shh! furl Jann bog. J 'n' half bugs horn. Shh! flag unborn J. Shh! No! blur J fang. Shh! bar 'n' jog 'n' flu. Jug rh 'n' flash nob. Flash bung J horn. J horns 'n' half bug. Shh! jargon flu 'n' B. Ugh! job 'n' snarl Hf. Job 'n' flung has rh. Shh! J or flung ban. Shh! flung J on bar. Shh! flung J baron. J 'n' flog hash burn. Job 'n' flush hang R. Job 'n' flush rang H. Shh! job Fra 'n' lung. Nb horns half jug. J 'n' flush hang rob. Shh! nag J flu born. Shh! jar of Nb lung. Ah! jobs flung 'n' rh. Flung job 'n' rash H. Job lf 'n' hang rush. Shh! run job fang L. Job 'n' fur gnash HL. Job 'n' fur gnash LH. Half horn jugs Nb. Jar Hf hung 'n' slob. Shh! jar flung 'n' ob. Huh! jar flog 'n' BNS. Job rh 'n' flung ash. Shh! lung 'n' fro jab. Jar Hf 'n' long bush. Jargon 'n' buhl FSH. Jargon 'n' buhl SHF. Huh! jobs rang 'n' lf. Job rh 'n' flash gnu. Job 'n' flag shun rh. Jug half horn BNS. J gulf 'n' harsh nob. Shh! No! flag J burn. Shh! rub long J fan. Ugh! njal's Hf born. Shh! lf 'n' jar on bug. Job gulf 'n' harsh N. Job f 'n' harsh lung. Shh! jag 'n' furl nob. J horns half bung. Shh! fungal J born. Shh! flog J 'n' a burn. Jobs fur HL 'n' hang. Jobs fur LH 'n' hang. Job rh 'n' half sung. Shh! job lf ran gun. Shh! fun rang job L. J 'n' hang blush for. Shh! fun lag J born. Hush! job 'n' rang lf. J 'n' half hog burns. Shh! rang J flu nob. Shh! flog run J ban. Hush! jar flog 'n' Nb. Shh! jar fun log Nb. Shh! jar long fun B. Shh! jab golf 'n' urn. Jar FSH 'n' long hub. Jar SHF 'n' long hub. Shag rh 'n' job 'n' flu. Shh! rang job flu N. Shh! log 'n' jab 'n' fur. Rh jugs 'n' half nob. Shh! grab flu 'n' on J. Shh! flag run J nob. Shh! No! jar gulf Nb. Ugh! job 'n' rash 'n' lf. Rub 'n' hog 'n' flash J. Shh! brag 'n' J 'n' foul. Shh! grab 'n' J 'n' foul. Hog njal's Hf burn. Shh! jar bung on lf. Huh! jobs gnarl 'n' f. and many many more..... The following are the 10 longest words made using some of the letters: journals furlongs half-hour journal bashful furlong labour's labours Balfour gorbals Anagrams created with the ** Anagram Genius ** software (available for your Windows or MacOS computer) Full details from: http://www.genius2000.com/ag.html Email: genius2000@genius2000.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000601bfa4b5$cd0ed380$178e7cce@lanio> From: "Lani O." Subject: Re: TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:32:06 -0700 >> > Could that suck of you a bit more? Why would you send a dumb hoax to the list? A burlap bag can't serve as a body. Shouldn't you have learned that before, or am I mistaken? And a little boy that curses like that doesn't deserve a body. You seem to be confusing the word "hoax" with "joke" or perhaps "spoof". But thanks for pointing out the parts that showed that it WAS a joke. > Anyway, what is a TMBG concert like? Are the Johns mean to rude people? Can you request songs? I've never been to a concert before. Pitiful, ain't it? Their concerts are totally rocking, but I don't think they usually take requests. Do everything you can to make it to a show next time They're around -- it's well worth the money! -Lani O. ~There's a place for those who love their poetry -- It's just across from the sign that says "Pro's only."~ -TMBG www.geocities.com/~abutterfly Have you visited www.thehungersite.com today? ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <9b.395ea17.26263473@aol.com> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:20:03 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts In a message dated 04/12/2000 1:48:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, minako@chickmail.com writes: > Anyway, what is a TMBG concert like? Are the Johns mean to rude people? Can > you request songs? I've never been to a concert before. Pitiful, ain't it? 1: It's cool VERY positive aura in the crowd. Far better than a rave or anything similar. A room with you, seating capacity of people who know what the hell you're talkin' about, and the Johns. 2: Flansy has gone on record as having shouted back at hecklers. Linnell is fairly sedate on-stage. At the show I went to in Atlanta, '99, the front two rows struck up a chant of "We love Graham!" (fer Graham Maby, natch!) Flans immediately responded with "*WE* love Graham!" Linnell waited for the chants to die down to be funny. "You can't have Graham. He's ours." Then Flansy played with us some more... "So, ah, Graham... how long has this thing been going on with you and the audience?" IOW, the Johns are cool if you're cool to them. Just don't expect them to, say, hang around backstage after the show. John & John were on the bus at the show I went to before the lights came up in the club. 3: You can request all the songs you want. Doesn't mean They will play 'em. There's ALWAYS the chants and cries for Istanbul, but, thankfully, we were spared it at the last show I saw. Instead, we got "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5. ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <8e.39b8eec.26263c65@aol.com> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:53:57 EDT Subject: TMBG: I'm new to the list... Hey everyone...I'm new to the list, but you might know me as "Mike" or "Justin Wilson" in the tmbg.com chat room...I just wanted to say hi to everyone... Mike ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000412214857.27639.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Miss Karen" Subject: TMBG: Maakies! Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:48:57 PDT Since I'm on the digest list, I don't know how many times this is mentioned. So skip it if you already know about this week's Maakies. I was reading Tony Millionaire's Maakies comic strip in this week's New York Press and almost fell off my chair. Four panels: First, a gorilla is drinking and driving. Second, closeup of the gorilla spaced out and drooling. Third, gorilla crashes his car into a tree. Fourth, closeup of the car's bumper sticker: "How's My Drooling? Call (718) 387-6962." This is really really cool. -Karen ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38F4CDC1.23815E5E@mailandnews.com> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:25:53 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: (Non-TMBG)That dumb forward, TMBG concerts Er... it wasn't really a hoax, seeing as how it was a rather unsubtle joke. The fact that it was a forward makes it inappropriate for the tmbg list, but man, if you didn't grasp the humorous intent, I fear for the youth of our society. TMBG concerts are good. They scold rude people, and don't take requests (except in some rare cases). Basically, the only way to make a request is to shout it repeatedly in the ears of your fellow concertgoers, and that makes you rude. So you'd be up for a scolding. Destin http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ Mary Moos wrote: > >> > Thank You. > >> > Billy 'Smiles' Evans, the boy with just a head. > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > Could that suck of you a bit more? Why would you send a dumb hoax to the list? A burlap bag can't serve as a body. Shouldn't you have learned that before, or am I mistaken? And a little boy that curses like that doesn't deserve a body. > Anyway, what is a TMBG concert like? Are the Johns mean to rude people? Can you request songs? I've never been to a concert before. Pitiful, ain't it? > -Mary > > *********************************** > chickclick.com > http://www.chickclick.com > girl sites that don't fake it. > http://www.chickmail.com > sign up for your free email. > http://www.chickshops.com > boutique shopping from chickclick.com > *********************************** -- Destin Berthelot destin@bigfoot.com "The fourth dimension is just one big crazy do-not-enter clambake jungle of weirdity! And how does it work? Never mind!" -The Tick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38F35B7F.C1F0443@osu.edu> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:06:08 -0700 From: Diana Kocar Subject: NON-TMBG: um, hello? Sorry to clutter up your email with this message, but I was just wondering, has the list been really slow the past few days or have I been unsubscribed? I've only gotten one message since about friday. Thanks. Diana ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200004100420.OAA21529@banshee.cs.uow.edu.au> Subject: TMBG: Bowery Ballroom 27/4 Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:20:17 +1000 (EST) From: "yublocka" Hi there, I doubt if anyone remembers me, but I used to be on this list about 3-4 years ago. I was forced to unsubscribe after getting depressed about hearing all about tmbg, and knowing that the chances of me getting to see them again soon were zippo (I live in Australia). Anyway I have decided that I'm sick of waiting, and since I can get cheap tickets, and QANTAS now flies to NYC, I'll be going there for the week after Easter which happily co-incides with the 27/4 show at the ballroom. Now I just need to work out how to get tickets for the show. Does the Bowery Ballroom usually sell out? Or is it possible to wait and get tickets on the night? I tried ticketweb.com, but it didn't seem to indicate that I could get tickets from overseas, and they never replied back to me :( It's proably a bit late for that now, since they propose to send out the tix in the mail (is that right, or do they hold them for you at the door?) So now I'm asking for advice: should I turn up to NYC and get tickets once I'm there, or should I brave the overseas phone call and do it by phone? Other suggestions for cool things to do during that week would also be greatly appreciated :) Thanks for reading if you got this far, I think I'm rambling. Tamara -- yublocka@tmbg.org We were once so close to heaven Peter came out and gave us medals Declaring us the nicest of the damned -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.20000413003200.01219114@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:32:00 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Who is this band? I found two mp3s by the same band, and I don't know what the band is. Please help me out if you can. Here are some of the lyrics to each song: --- ... Midnight marauders living on my stereo Mister Desmond Decker got a crown made of gold The kids are all right I hear London Calling, but I have no fear Miss Ella Fitzgerald got no peer make the truth so clear make a dark day light If you don't believe the words then just look into their eyes Sun shining, sun shining, sun shining shining down on a cloudy day I know the song's gonna last forever what I say ... --- --- ... It's a long way back, but we're gonna go home Cause there ain't nothing where we been gone And the night chills to the bone Gonna hold you through till dawn It's a long way back, but we're gonna go home ... --- Thanks a lot for any help you can provide. Mitch http://www.mitcharf.com/ "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." - Matt Groening ------------------------------ From: "Jerrie F Daly" <"jerrie_f_daly"@uhc.com> Message-ID: <862568BF.006AA701.00@uhcnh003.uhc.com> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:26:53 -0500 Subject: Re:TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) PLEASE take me out of this list. This is my work address and not the appropriate place for this junk to be delivered. Actually I won't appreciate it at my home either. I don't know who you people are and I don't care. Just stop the crap. Thank you. karinh@sterl.com on 04/12/2000 11:29:40 AM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org, Loko17@aol.com, Jerrie F Daly/MN/Unitedmail, ChefCheo@aol.com, agreen@ascinet.com, suesolomon@hotmail.com, agreene@locallink.net, dulimba@wwnet.net, mildred51@juno.com, boozinator@aol.com, arothgeb@hotmail.com, sue@soflo.net, sue@nlinx.com, chefron52@yahoo.com, jdaloia@sault.com, conor1@hotmail.com, rattpakk@hotmail.com, PIT4477@aol.com, ajbenson69@hotmail.com, cdgreene@locallink.net, ds00hutchisonc@student.eup.k12.mi.us, chickee_99@yahoo.com, trenchem@pilot.msu.edu, kru@i-is.com, holzerh@culinarymasters.com, destiny_isle@yahoo.com, mjmdachef@aol.com, meghanhenne@hotmail.com, millerfam@wwnet.net, ds01parrisj@student.eup.k12.mi.us, tocar_69er@hotmail.com, greenea@ameritech.net, santafe@tir.com, jennie_dreves@hotmail.com, ds01drevesj@student.eup.k12.mi.us, sarahell99@yahoo.com, slhays@roysterclark.com, kelle1kj@mail.cmich.edu, viilo1ln@mail.cmich.edu, ds03vitalem@student.eup.k12.mi.us, fight_the_right@hotmail.com cc: Subject: Re:TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) Dear Billy - - - I'm sorry I can't help you with the whole Bill Gates-AOL-NASA-Angels-Pope-Doctors thing, but as a serious believer in the separation of church & state and a major proponent of the eradication of monopolies, I find your plan conflicts with my moral and social value system. I might be able to help you out, however. I have been collecting fliptops for several other unfortunate victims of circumstance. I guess the girl without kidneys and the 6-year-old born with a soup tureen for a head can get along without my donation, especially since my emails to them asking where to send my 12 Hefty Bags full of fliptops come back marked "Member Unknown". So, if you'll give me your address and send me $42.79 for postage, I'll be happy to send you my fliptop collection. If the astronauts don't get through before your leaves rot, you can make yourself a nifty mechanical body with them. Oh, wait, you don't have any hands. Sorry bout that. Never mind. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** p.s. Have you ever considered changing your name to Russell? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.0.20000412214644.00a773e0@mmc.marymt.edu> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:47:07 -0400 From: Christina Rockwell Subject: Re: TMBG: Maakies! where can i see this??? At 02:48 PM 4/12/00 -0700, Miss Karen wrote: >Since I'm on the digest list, I don't know how many times this is >mentioned. So skip it if you already know about this week's Maakies. > >I was reading Tony Millionaire's Maakies comic strip in this week's New >York Press and almost fell off my chair. > >Four panels: First, a gorilla is drinking and driving. Second, closeup of >the gorilla spaced out and drooling. Third, gorilla crashes his car into a >tree. Fourth, closeup of the car's bumper sticker: "How's My Drooling? >Call (718) 387-6962." > >This is really really cool. > >-Karen >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <90.2ef1b56.26268f15@aol.com> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:46:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: non tmbg-a friend in need(not me) In a message dated 4/12/00 9:51:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "jerrie_f_daly"@uhc.com writes: << PLEASE take me out of this list. This is my work address and not the appropriate place for this junk to be delivered. Actually I won't appreciate it at my home either. I don't know who you people are and I don't care. Just stop the crap. Thank you. >> I wonder if Mr. Jerrie F. Daly has any idea who all he sent this E-mail to. We'll never be able to ask him though, because this is his work address and not the appropriate place for this junk to be delivered. Oh well. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio Question of the Day: Is Jerrie F. Daly a chick? Or a dude? ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:32:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: Daily Show Alert Whoa! I was just watching the Daily Show on Comedy Central, and I heard the end credit music come on. I thought, "Hey, this sounds like TMBG!" I kept an eye on the credits, and I saw "They Might Be Giants" appear for something. I wasn't sure what. Please, if you live in one of those farther western time zones, watch tonight (I'm really impatient) and maybe tape it, and see if you can figure out what it is. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #28-9 *****************************