Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 10 Wednesday, 10 May 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: CD Trade? TMBG: Napster... TMBG: Re: Napster... Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... TMBG: Napster may die, but others will rise... TMBG: Napster... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: csxt4290@wapsmail.com Message-Id: Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 15:44:59 -0500 (CDT) Subject: TMBG: CD Trade? If anyone is inerested, I have an extra: Severe Tire Damage CD Then CDs (2 disc set) for sale or trade, I have these already so I dont need: (these are the ones I have already) Severe Tire Damage (CD) Then (CD) Factory Showroom (CD) John Henry (CD) Apollo 18 (CS) Flood (CS) I am willing to trade for any except those listed above. selling price: THEN: $14.00 (+s/h) Severe Tire Damage: $15.00 (+s/h) Contact: CSXT4290@wapsmail.com :) **--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--** Steve McMullen Akron,Ohio AOL IM: "CSX 4290" ********************CSX-Quality In Motion******************* ==========================My Website======================= >>--> http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/csx4290/ <--<< * ------------------------------------------------------------ =====CSX New Castle Subdivision Free Email Community====== >>--> http://www.onelist.com/community/CSXnewcastlesub <--<< * ------------------------------------------------------------ ======Railroad Signaling System Free Email Community====== >>--> http://www.onelist.com/community/BlockTower <--<< * ------------------------------------------------------------ ======Wheeling & Lake Erie Rwy. Free Email Community====== >>--> http://www.onelist.com/community/WLE <--<< * ------------------------------------------------------------ ====Conrail (NS) Dearborn Division Free Email Community==== >>--> http://www.onelist.com/group/CRdearborndiv <--<< *******************csxt4290@wapsmail.com********************* ************************************************************ $$$$$$$$ I AM PAID TO SURF THE NET!! ARE YOU???? $$$$$$$$ +----------------------------------------------------------+ | Is That YOUR Final Answer???? | +----------------------------------------------------------+ It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet. Get PAID! Join AllAdvantage.com at: http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LGZ-102 ********************************************************** .................................... Get your own free email account from http://www.wapsfm.com ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <25.5771f7b.264a42c4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 00:42:44 EDT Subject: TMBG: Napster... Just to let everyone know, there is a law suit between Napster and Metallica. I just want to warn everyone that uses Napster to download what you can now, because within a month or two, there will be no more. I assume that this goes for Macster (the Mac version), as well. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000b01bfba3c$abbf2c60$a600a8c0@icka.net> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: TMBG: Re: Napster... Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:00:31 -0600 The lawsuit includes Napster users. Forget downloading, uninstall it now before your name is added to the list. Metallica actually has a list of Napster users they're going to sue as well. Just FYI. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my NEW AND IMPROVED web page... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ AND a MUSH, too... (Based on Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels.) telnet://mush1.nis4u.com:4201 ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 10:42 PM Subject: TMBG: Napster... > Just to let everyone know, there is a law suit between Napster and Metallica. > I just want to warn everyone that uses Napster to download what you can now, > because within a month or two, there will be no more. I assume that this > goes for Macster (the Mac version), as well. > > Mike Stabile > > "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, > someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there > on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin > ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:07:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... Does this include people such as me that can't stand Metallica and would and has never downloaded Metallica? Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005001bfba3e$245d5ba0$a600a8c0@icka.net> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:11:04 -0600 I'm not sure. I'm still looking to see if the list is posted anywhere. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my NEW AND IMPROVED web page... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ AND a MUSH, too... (Based on Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels.) telnet://mush1.nis4u.com:4201 ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 11:07 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... > Does this include people such as me that can't stand Metallica and would and > has never downloaded Metallica? > > Mike Stabile > > "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, > someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there > on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin > ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:15:22 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... If you find out anything, let me know, please. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: Napster may die, but others will rise... Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:29:30 -0400 Message-ID: <000b01bfba40$b707d3c0$e800000a@ig88> Don't worry people... The lawsuit will probably flop all-together, but at most they'll do some damage to Napster. There are already about a half dozen other programs like Napster that do the same thing. They will continue to be created faster than they can be shut down (just like the original distribution of mp3's) Their threat to sue individuals was practically laughed at on National Public Radio. They said they 1) have no grounds, and 2) have no hopes of proving anyone's actual involvement. It won't happen... Augie "has three computers using Napster, none of which can be traced to him" Wan > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On > Behalf Of MikeTheGiant@aol.com > Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 1:15 AM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Napster... > > > If you find out anything, let me know, please. > > Mike Stabile > > "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, > someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people > over there > on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - > George Carlin > ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <9a.497812a.264a4ee2@aol.com> Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:34:26 EDT Subject: TMBG: Napster... In a message dated 5/10/00 1:30:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, augiewan@thespeakeasy.com writes: << Their threat to sue individuals was practically laughed at on National Public Radio. They said they 1) have no grounds, and 2) have no hopes of proving anyone's actual involvement. It won't happen... >> Something else I just thought of: Legally, you are allowed to download anything off of the internet (mp3's, games for an emulator, and the such), if you own the file/game/cd that has that game/song as a backup to the original. This does not just mean if you have it. If you ever had it, you are allowed to download it. How can they prove that at one time you did or did not own a copy of that game/song? Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-10 ******************************