Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 13 Saturday, 13 May 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Andy Richter and The Daily Show TMBG: Re: TMBG on Conan 5/26 TMBG: Radio Stations TMBG: Free Mp3s TMBG: TMBG on Conan Re: TMBG: TMBG on Conan TMBG: New Song TMBG: I'm the Substitute Now mp3 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000f01bfbbec$5987a100$64176520@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Andy Richter and The Daily Show Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 01:30:35 -0700 Woo Hoo!! That's great! We all know Andy's a big TMBG fan and I wonder if HE even knows they'll be there...I saw Andy on the Daily Show and he didnt know what was gonna happen....good stuff. Speaking of The Daily Show Ive noticed that TMBG not only does the opening anthem they have also redone all the break music including the original theme. It must be them cause its all horns baby! Erich >TMBG bigwig Jim Stabile just posted on the newsgroup that TMBG will be >performing on Andy Richter's final Conan show on May 26, and that he'll be >taping the rehersal and behind-the-scenes stuff for a future webcast. I wish >Andy wasn't leaving, but what a sendoff :) > >Kay > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <391C0C2D.C96EB88@st.com> Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:50:37 -0500 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Conan 5/26 > From: Kaylum@aol.com > Message-ID: ?44.388a665.264cf3f0@aol.com? > Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 01:43:12 EDT > Subject: TMBG: News! > > TMBG bigwig Jim Stabile just posted on the newsgroup that TMBG will be > performing on Andy Richter's final Conan show on May 26, and that he'll be > taping the rehersal and behind-the-scenes stuff for a future webcast. I wish > Andy wasn't leaving, but what a sendoff :) Wow! Now maybe after this I'll have enough TMBG material for a TMBG Video Bootleg Vol 4. (If you don't know what that is, visit my TMBG page at: http://www.geocities.com/russj_yah/tmbg.htm Thanks to all TMBG fans who have contributed to this project. The most faithful, generous, true music fans on the web! I still need videos of the Linnell "State Songs" concerts. (I do have the Conan TV appearance.) ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Date: 12 May 2000 15:27:47 -0000 Message-ID: <20000512152747.8754.qmail@musone.chek.com> From: "Shaun Peck" Subject: TMBG: Radio Stations I've got a TMBG page that I'm trying to set up. I could use a little help though. I want to have a page that lists different radio stations that play TMBG. Problem is, I don't live everywhere. So, if any of you could take the time to email me and let me know what station in your town plays TMBG I'd appreciate it. Please include call letters, frequency, station nickname and URL if they can be heard over the net (ie. KENZ 107.5 The End, www.1075.com). Oh, and the city it's in would be nice too. Send emails to the address below, as I'm affraid people might get mad if we clogged up the list with this kind of stuff. Thanks a bunch! makebase@tmbg.cc Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004501bfbc61$3f3d6120$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Free Mp3s Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 18:27:22 -0400 did you all get that letter from John F? I d/l ed the stupid cahoots software so i can get the mp3...and then the link is brokededed. Or it looks to be that way. If someone could post a good link or send me the mp3 that would be great. Chrissy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000512233646.71556.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Conan Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 19:36:46 EDT I wish they weren't doing "Boss of Me." That is close to my least favorite song of theirs. I also hope Conan takes the time to interview them as well. -Ian "Remember, he knows more than you do." ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 19:53:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Conan << I wish they weren't doing "Boss of Me." That is close to my least favorite song of theirs. Aw, it's a fun song! And very appropriate for Andy's last show, no? I also hope Conan takes the time to interview them as well. Hell yeah :) Their first (and so far only) Conan interview is one fo my faves Kay "I just drank out of William Shatner's cup, and I'm feeling kinda weird" lum ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002201bfbc79$2b903900$90640818@brln1.ct.home.com> From: "Casey Schreiner" Subject: TMBG: New Song Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 21:18:36 -0400 hey everybody! Quick problem: I got the email about the new TMBG MP3 Unreliable Narrator, but the link they gave me didn't come out in my email. Would anyone on the list be so kind as to send me the properly-working link? Supergracias -Casey [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:36:09 -0400 From: "Joe Teagno" Message-ID: <8fif31$9lk$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: I'm the Substitute Now mp3 Well, I was able to get a copy of I'm the Substitute Now from the site mentioned in John F's thing. Instead of using the full URL given, go to http://content.emusic.com/free/418767/ If you're using Internet Explorer or Netscape, the mp3 file should start downloading by itself. (I had to reload the page once for this to happen). After that, when you're prompted what to name the file, enter "They_Might_Be_Giants-Unreliable_Narrator_I_m_The_Substitute_-1-Unreliable_N arrator_I_m_The_Substitute_.mp3" And you'll have yourself a copy of the song. I will also upload it to twistid.com, but I don't think that it updates until Monday. Joe -------------------- Flophouse Joe Teagno broom@tmbg.org http://members.xoom.com/flophousejoe/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-13 ******************************