Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 14 Sunday, 14 May 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: I'm the Substitute Now mp3 TMBG: dial-a-song-andsitonyourbutt TMBG: Re: TMBG on Conan 5/26 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <002c01bfbcaf$c95edfc0$c6dd6420@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm the Substitute Now mp3 Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 00:49:35 -0700 I'm confused. Why would this song be called 'Unreliable Narrator'? I recall Flansburgh saying in a chat that it was his favorite song and "Linnell just wrote it" soooooo.....Linnell wrote it and Flans probably wanted to sing it since he loved it so much. I'm not a big fan of song titles having two titles and one being in parenthesis but these two don't seem to condradict eachother....i guess...i dont know. any thoughts? Erich ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001f01bfbce1$6aa7ab60$7527f0d0@home> From: "DeLaurentis" Subject: TMBG: dial-a-song-andsitonyourbutt Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 09:44:46 -0400 Is anyone else really annoyed with www.dialasong.com ? I mean, half the time, I only get the little square in the upper left. When it actually works, I have to shoot the bullseye and wait for that annoying old guy to crank up the song. And it always takes at least three minutes. Shooting his bowtie gets old quick; I'd like to just shoot him, open up the box, and listen to the ficking song! Painfully interactive. Well, I'm off work tuesday for the voicechat, webcast, and mp3 ep, and the 26th for tmbg on conan. good. I remember the original dialasong version of Unreliable Narrator, where John just spoke all the lyrics and then sang the real song, like a reverse karaoke deal. I think the double guitars have gone to the Johns' heads. I would have registered to win the vent heads, but i've never seen them in person. it would just be wrong. "Count the legs, the arms and heads, and then divide by five..." Frogurt (Chris) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <391E39F2.4DA2E045@pacificnet.net> Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 22:30:29 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Conan 5/26 Russ Josephson (referring to TMBG on Conan): >Wow! Now maybe after this I'll have enough TMBG material for a >TMBG Video Bootleg Vol 4. > >(If you don't know what that is, visit my TMBG page at: > >http://www.geocities.com/russj_yah/tmbg.htm > > Thanks to all TMBG fans who have contributed to this project. > The most faithful, generous, true music fans on the web! > >I still need videos of the Linnell "State Songs" concerts. >(I do have the Conan TV appearance.) I just wanted to say that I've been impressed but all of the other TMBG Video Bootleg tapes that Russ has made. If you have stuff, please contribute. And if you've never seen them, check 'em out. My favorites are the Flood and A18 promos. I don't think I would ever had the chance to see them anywhere if it weren't for these tapes. -B O N G O ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-14 ******************************