Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 19 Friday, 19 May 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Free Tracks Re: TMBG: Re: Suggestion for tonight's chat... TMBG: Verdict on Christina Vs. Destin Re: TMBG: Verdict on Christina Vs. Destin Re:TMBG: Verdict on Christina Vs. Destin TMBG: free 10$ account Re:TMBG: free 10$ account Re: TMBG: Free Tracks Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 18 May 2000 07:17:37 -0800 Message-ID: <-1253488241ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Free Tracks On Thursday, July 6, 1939, Spencer Owen wrote: >Okay, someone correct me if I miss any or get any wrong. > >"Hey Everybody" >"Robot Parade" >"Wake Up Call" >"4 of 2" >"Exquisite Dead Guy (Live)" > >Also, if I remember correctly, Linnell released "West Virginia" as a free >download. >That's it, I think. I think "Sick of This American Life" was a freebie from emusic also. Anyway, thats 7 free tracks. What a deal! -B O N G O (Sorry if I posted this message twice. It was sent back to me as undeliverable the first time and I can't recall it showing up on the list.) ------------------------------ Date: 18 May 2000 07:30:00 -0800 Message-ID: <-1253487498ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Suggestion for tonight's chat... They might think we're psycho but actually, I think they liked the fact that Linnell made it on the Most Beautiful list last year. It definately caught their attention. Onstage,They were actually urging fans to vote...somewhat jokingly but they seem amused by the whole thing. -B O N G O On Thursday, July 6, 1939, Adrienne Spruill wrote: >Of course, he could just think we're all psycho for voting over and over >and over again. >-A > >Bongo wrote: >> >> For those of you going to chat with the Johns >> tonight, I was thinking that it might be nice to >> mention to Flans that we did our best to get him >> on the People poll this year (...so he won't >> wonder why Linnell made it and he didn't. I don't >> want the guy's feelings to be hurt.) >> >> -B O N G O > ------------------------------ Date: 18 May 2000 08:18:28 -0800 Message-ID: <-1253484590ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Verdict on Christina Vs. Destin Christina was well within her right to complain about the TMBG/MP3/credit card thing. I *completely disagree* with her opinion but she didn't do anything wrong. I agree with Destin's opinion but he seems to have been slightly insulting. For example, he said that the complainers should "Sit down and shut up." He also said that Christina's "negative attitude only pisses people off." I was a little annoyed by her reasoning but she had the right to say what she did and she wasn't rude about it. For that reason I have to side with Christina. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <39240D27.306F9315@mailandnews.com> Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:32:55 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Verdict on Christina Vs. Destin Sigh... I thought we were done with this. I did not say all complainers should sit down and shut up... just her. And she was VERY rude about it all. Read her first two emails, to the list and to me, again. Tell me that's not angry and rude. I completely understand people being upset about mp3-only releases, and said that, but I don't think her attitude and reasoning are reflective of all of them. She thinks we should hate TMBG and boycott eMusic for releasing mp3 albums (or feel guilty for supporting our favorite band), and I think most others understand that, yes, it sucks for many people, but otherwise no fan would have heard anything new from them in 2 years. Now can we not talk about this any more? I hate hearing I'm someone to side with or against. Destin Bongo wrote: > Christina was well within her right to complain about the TMBG/MP3/credit card thing. I *completely disagree* with her opinion but she didn't do anything wrong. > > I agree with Destin's opinion but he seems to have been slightly insulting. For example, he said that the complainers should "Sit down and shut up." He also said that Christina's "negative attitude only pisses people off." I was a little annoyed by her reasoning but she had the right to say what she did and she wasn't rude about it. For that reason I have to side with Christina. > > -B O N G O -- Destin Berthelot destin@bigfoot.com "The fourth dimension is just one big crazy do-not-enter clambake jungle of weirdity! And how does it work? Never mind!" -The Tick ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005189586.AA958664883@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:48:01 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Verdict on Christina Vs. Destin Seeing as how Robert's Rules of Order aren't required on the internet, and the subject matter was appropriate to debate, I think the whole exchange was educational and entertaining. Both sides of the debate had merit, and no actual flaming went on, and it sure beat hell out of the whole "carnivores vs vegitarians" brouhaha. Destin did have a viable idea: get your $10 emusic coupon, order the MP3, d/l it or don't, and sit back & wait for the delivery of your CD. Et Voila !! And while you're waiting for your CD, help yourself to a nice whateverburger, with my blessings. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002f01bfc107$6686b7e0$7227f0d0@home> From: "DeLaurentis" Subject: TMBG: free 10$ account Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:51:25 -0400 Oh my god, i got the ten dollars, downloaded WUFTM, qualified for the CD, registered under a different email using the exact same information, and downloaded LTW. Both for free! I'm the most evil person i know! Mwa ha ha ha ha! Frogurt (Chris) "Count the legs, the arms and heads, and then divide by five" ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005189586.AA958682944@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:49:01 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: free 10$ account I think that in the spirit of our Capitalist forbears, we should all narc Frogurt out en masse. I mean, it's the least we can do as American consumers. Smug lil bastard has more stuff than me, and For Free, to boot. He deserves to suffer like the carpetbagger that he is. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** (and lock Frogurt up) ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: free 10$ account Author: "DeLaurentis" Date: 5/18/00 3:51 PM Oh my god, i got the ten dollars, downloaded WUFTM, qualified for the CD, registered under a different email using the exact same information, and downloaded LTW. Both for free! I'm the most evil person i know! Mwa ha ha ha ha! Frogurt (Chris) "Count the legs, the arms and heads, and then divide by five" ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: <9.59ccd7a.2655c629@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:18:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Free Tracks > >Okay, someone correct me if I miss any or get any wrong. > > > >"Hey Everybody" > >"Robot Parade" > >"Wake Up Call" > >"4 of 2" > >"Exquisite Dead Guy (Live)" > > > >Also, if I remember correctly, Linnell released "West Virginia" as a free > >download. > >That's it, I think. > > > I think "Sick of This American Life" was a freebie from emusic also. > Anyway, thats 7 free tracks. What a deal! Yeah, I think that's all of them, but I'm not so sure if they're all still available at the emusic site. And not all of them are up at the twistid site, either. Someone should put the rest up there, so that people like me (who had them, but lost everything on my stupid harddrive) can still get 'em. Beth ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-19 ******************************