Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 22 Monday, 22 May 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Find me lyrics! TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN NAME! Re: TMBG: New Thread : S and TMBG Re: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN NAME! TMBG: My take on WUFTM Re: TMBG: My take on WUFTM TMBG: Triboro's back! (on Malcolm!) Re: TMBG: Triboro's back! (on Malcolm!) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <001801bfc2f2$4f334ee0$6927f0d0@home> From: "DeLaurentis" Subject: TMBG: Find me lyrics! Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 02:59:35 -0400 Okay, so i waited until i could find a way that RESEMBLES stealing to "buy" WUFTM and Long Tall Weekend, using my falsely created persona to get the two ten-dollar deals(but that's something else). What I'm wondering now is, where is a quick place where i can find lyrics for WUFTM and LTW, specifically for On Earth My Nina(I was listening to the backwards version from twistid's site(see, now you have to get it. remember, the first one's free kids!!) and at the end of the sung part(or at the beginning of the sung part, after "this is my song" on the frontwards, or original, version) linnell distinctly sings "Thunderbird." Twice. I would have curled up into a fetal ball and popped eyes out of sockets generally,, not limiting myself to just mine, but i didn't feel like getting up. just as well.)? If they have the lyrics for the backwards Nina, that would rock too. (Snail shell...) Thank you! "Count the legs, the arms and heads, and then divide by five..." Frogurt (Chris) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 21:48:00 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <392891D0.E60D3D23@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN NAME! What screen name??? I'm confussed. -A MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote: > > IT'S A VIRUS, PLEASE PROTECT YOURSELF BY NOT DOWNLOADING IT ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 21:48:24 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <392891E8.D3289E74@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: New Thread : S and TMBG Hey, I'm glad a few people agree. :o) -A Frank Fudderman wrote: > > On Fri, 19 May 2000, Adrienne Spruill wrote: > > > Ana Ng > > > I have been thinking this for years. > > --Jamal ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 21:45:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN NAME! In a message dated 5/21/00 9:40:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Adrienne writes: << What screen name??? I'm confussed. -A >> Meaning himself, MikeTheGiant@aol.com. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000522015117.29933.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: TMBG: My take on WUFTM Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 21:51:17 EDT Here's my take on the individual WUFTM songs (not in order): ROBOT PARADE: I liked the mellow version better. This sounds like they're trying to be Guns n' Roses. Except Flansy can actually sing. That "HELLO CHILDREN!" at the beginning reminds me of that clown bed that baby Bart thought was going to eat him. I AM A HUMAN HEAD: Ah, a flashback to the trippin' times of Apollo 18. REST AWHILE: This is pretty good. A more modern selection. EMPTY BOTTLE COLLECTOR: A cool jazz piece. Is it Jim O'Connor and Dan Levine on trumpet and trombone? ON THE DRAG: This one is really rockin'. It reminds me of "New York City," only this is an original, and it's better. RADIO TMBG #1: Concise. To the point. Gets the job done. RADIO TMBG #2: Uh huh. RADIO TMBG #3: Holy Presidents of the United States of America. WORKING UNDERCOVER: The earlier version was definitely better. They should have made it a bit more menacing. I do like the guitar solo. Is the free CD just a hard copy? It'd be nice if there was some variety. Everyone's favorite neighbor, -Ian ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000521215549.00941be0@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 21:57:29 +0000 From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: My take on WUFTM > >ON THE DRAG: This one is really rockin'. It reminds me of "New York > City," only this is an original, and it's better. I had the *exact* same realization in the car yesterday, listening to this song. I'm definitely pleased with that song, btw. -thm- * -the hanged man- email: thehangedman@death-star.com * * web: http://thehangedman.digitaldriveway.com AIM: THM42 * * BBS: telnet://solace.digitaldriveway.com ICQ: 10933909 * * "Every day is a good day" -Zen Proverb * ------------------------------ Message-ID: <392896D3.8CC48DA9@fruhead.com> Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 22:09:23 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: TMBG: Triboro's back! (on Malcolm!) Well, that's certainly the *last* place I'd expect to hear it turn up... but it's good to know they've not forgotten it entirely. The new arrangement was.... very synthetic sounding. tremendously different from the live version from 1997. I thought it had a very demo-ish quality to it... but it means they have recorded it, and maybe we'll see it on a new album or something at some point... -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "And I don't know whether I believe in me, but I still believe in my friends." -The Nields ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <6f.5435ae9.2659f14a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 22:11:22 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Triboro's back! (on Malcolm!) I thought it had a very demo-ish quality to it... but it means they have recorded it, and maybe we'll see it on a new album or something at some point... >> Probably the MitM soundtrack Kay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-22 ******************************