Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 24 Wednesday, 24 May 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Cahoots Chat W/John and John TMBG: TMBG Insturmental?? Re[2]: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN N Re: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN N TMBG: TMBG on NICK: Kablam Re: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN NAME! Re: TMBG: TMBG on NICK: Kablam TMBG: No more virus on my computer Re: TMBG: TMBG on NICK: Kablam TMBG: Re: LTW PDF NOTES TMBG: Re: My take on WUFTM Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <005101bfc49b$eeec45e0$b4f12581@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Cahoots Chat W/John and John Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 02:47:24 -0700 To all Y'all who wanted to get the interview on cahoots I have mp3'd them and have uploaded them to http://xooming.to/tmbgland I'm sorry I couldnt do individual clips for those who wanted them because I really dont have time to fill all the request. The file isnt that big so it wont take half a day to D/L and hear it. Erich ------------------------------ From: csxt4290@wapsmail.com Message-Id: Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:16:32 -0500 (CDT) Subject: TMBG: TMBG Insturmental?? When is TMBG going to have some Insturmental releases?? Sure I love the lyrics, but the musical composition is great I cant learn to play from Midis! well not really. on a keyboard with a missing key? eh. its got good sound effects. Kerplunk fernowe, Steve! **--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--** Steve McMullen Akron,Ohio AOL IM: "CSX 4290" My Website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/csx4290 <---<< ********************CSX-Quality In Motion******************* ***eGroups.com Free Email Communities*** * ------------------------------------------------------------ CSX New Castle Subdivision List: http://www.onelist.com/community/CSXnewcastlesub * ------------------------------------------------------------ Railroad Signaling System List: http://www.onelist.com/community/BlockTower * ------------------------------------------------------------ Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway List: http://www.onelist.com/community/WLE * ------------------------------------------------------------ Conrail (NS) Dearborn Division List: http://www.onelist.com/group/CRdearborndiv *******************csxt4290@wapsmail.com********************* $$$$$$$$ I AM PAID TO SURF THE NET!! ARE YOU???? $$$$$$$$ +----------------------------------------------------------+ | Is That Your Final Answer???? | +----------------------------------------------------------+ It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet. Get PAID! Join AllAdvantage.com at: http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LGZ-102 ********************************************************** .................................... Get your own free email account from http://www.wapsfm.com ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005239590.AA959088963@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:36:02 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN N Adrienne sez: >> So, he's warning us about a virus that he's started? How nice. > -A << I wonder if he was referring to that "fwd:" virus. Maybe he got one & opened it, before all the warnings went up. As a list member, he could have been concerned that the whole list would think it was a TMBG item he wanted us all to see. If so, it was good of him, but could he have been a leetle less cryptic?? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:00:35 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <392A8F03.7B5BA240@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN N Hey, that's true. i never thought of that. good thinking. :o) -A karinh@sterl.com wrote: > > Adrienne sez: > >> So, he's warning us about a virus that he's started? How nice. > > -A << > > I wonder if he was referring to that "fwd:" virus. Maybe he got one & opened > it, before all the warnings went up. As a list member, he could have been > concerned that the whole list would think it was a TMBG item he wanted us all to > see. If so, it was good of him, but could he have been a leetle less cryptic?? > Karin H > ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <392A7E79.7DCFE627@st.com> Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:50:01 -0500 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: TMBG on NICK: Kablam Hello all, Did you catch the new TMBG video of "Why Does The Sun Shine?" on Nickelodeon's Kablam? It was aired last Saturday, and I got it taped, thanks to my son, who told me it was going to be on. I'm planning on putting it on my TMBG Video Bootleg Vol. 4 this summer. Russ ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:41:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SCREEN NAME! In a message dated 5/22/00 11:50:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, spruilla@epix.net writes: << So, he's warning us about a virus that he's started? How nice. -A >> I didn't start this virus. It's the "Hey You" virus, but I can't get rid of it. If anyone has any clue how to do this, e-mail me please. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: 23 May 2000 10:20:11 -0800 Message-ID: <-1253045287ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on NICK: Kablam On Wednesday, July 12, 1939, Russ Josephson wrote: >Did you catch the new TMBG video of "Why Does The Sun Shine?" on >Nickelodeon's Kablam? A WDTSS video? When did that happen? Does it have John and John in it? Or is a cartoon set to the song (like the Tiny Tunes stuff?) -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:49:22 EDT Subject: TMBG: No more virus on my computer I got rid of the virus now, so I'm clear from everything. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:06:12 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on NICK: Kablam << A WDTSS video? When did that happen? Does it have John and John in it? Or is a cartoon set to the song (like the Tiny Tunes stuff?) >> It's not a cartoon, but it doesn't have the Johns in it, either. It's a live action skit with a scientist, some kids, and an animated, dancing sun. It's the rockin, STD version of WDTSS...pretty campy video, but great to hear TMBG on tv :) PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:26:04 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8gf0l7$2i3d$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: LTW PDF NOTES Bongo wrote in message news:-1253641952ggr@wlg.com... > I'm going to try to fix their sloppy, illogical files and print out the book correctly. I can't improve the resolution or the floating center page but I can make it a helluva lot better. Have you tried coverting the PDF to EPS and opening it in Adobe Illustrator? If it works, that could save you a bit of time. It would also let you center the images correctly, and improve the resolultion of at least the text. Bryce I wish that everything were just as I wish everything would be. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:58:55 -0400 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <8gffhc$2rad$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: My take on WUFTM >ROBOT PARADE: I liked the mellow version better. This sounds like > they're trying to be Guns n' Roses. Except Flansy can >actually sing. That "HELLO CHILDREN!" at the beginning reminds >me of that clown bed that baby Bart thought was going to eat >him. I like this version, although I prefer the childrens. TMBG wouldn't be such a complete band without at least a little Guns n' Roses in them. I think what I like about TMBG the most is their ability to fill so many different areas in what I want to hear. >I AM A HUMAN HEAD: Ah, a flashback to the trippin' times of Apollo 18. Exactly. This could have been on Apollo 18 or a number of Lincoln - Apollo era EPs. All you guys who haven't liked anything new they've done ... this song should be up your alley. At first my reaction was so-so - now this song must be played every morning!!! Rapidly becoming one of my favorites, both for good background music and cool lyrics (nice conceptual song). >REST AWHILE: This is pretty good. A more modern selection. Excellent song (was there an earlier version on an EP/Dial-A-Song? I really like the last verse (haven't heard a chess reference in TMBG since their first album, although I could have missed one). >EMPTY BOTTLE COLLECTOR: A cool jazz piece. Is it Jim O'Connor and Dan > Levine on trumpet and trombone? The album low point (for me). Not bad music, but Drinking (and most of their MITM scores) seem more catchy to me. Still, not too shabby. >ON THE DRAG: This one is really rockin'. It reminds me of "New York > City," only this is an original, and it's better. I noticed the NYC connection, also. I'm not sure what it is, but the song just reminds me of New York City. Very cool song - I especially like the intro. >RADIO TMBG #1: Concise. To the point. Gets the job done. I really wanted a good recording of this. I heard it WAY too many times not to enjoy it. >RADIO TMBG #2: Uh huh. Odd. Sort of funny in a TMBG kind of way. Worth listening to in between the other more rocking versions. >RADIO TMBG #3: Holy Presidents of the United States of America. Another Bingo! I was thinking POT USA half way throughout the 11 seconds. I like this sound on TMBG - very cool. >WORKING UNDERCOVER: The earlier version was definitely better. They > should have made it a bit more menacing. I do > like the guitar solo. > I like this version of WUFTM the best. This version was my introduction to the song, and I enjoy the sort of jovial atmosphere. How do you "Sha-la-la" menacingly? ;-) If you can't tell, I really liked this EP a lot. The music, the vocals, the lyrics - all pretty good. Worthwhile, even at the pricey tag of $8 (for an EP, pretty high). This easily whomps my previously favorite EP (S-E-X-X-Y, 1996) even without SenSurround. In fact, it blows away my two least favorite albums, Flood (I can't stand hearing it anymore, one too many times in the tape tray) and LTW (not the musical work of previous albums, in my opinion). For those of you holding out for your own reasons, listen to your friend's copy. It is good. Oh yeah. Pax, Jose ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-24 ******************************