Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 3 Wednesday, 3 May 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: WHO's not playing fair???? Re: TMBG: Cabrini College 5/5 TMBG: RE: WHO's not playing fair Re: TMBG: Cabrini College 5/5 Re: TMBG: RE: WHO's not playing fair TMBG: Who is going to the bowery thursday? Re: TMBG: How 'bout that show TMBG: Another Plea for sheet Re: TMBG: RE: WHO's not playing fair Re: TMBG: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street TMBG: The DFB Drinking Game! Re[2]: TMBG: WHO's not playing fair???? Re: TMBG: Flansburgh gone again? TMBG: RE: Who's not playing fair TMBG: Re: Another Plea for sheet TMBG: email problems Re[2]: TMBG: Definitely off the list... TMBG: Re: not playing fair Re:TMBG: Re: not playing fair Re:TMBG: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street Re: TMBG: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street TMBG: Covers Re: TMBG: Covers TMBG: Re: Covers TMBG: MP3... TMBG: Re: MP3... TMBG: MP3... TMBG: Re: MP3... Re: TMBG: Re: MP3... TMBG: Re: MP3... Re: TMBG: MP3... TMBG: Re: not playing fair TMBG: To bot or not to bot? (was "not playing fair") Re: TMBG: To bot or not to bot? (was "not playing fair") TMBG: Re: Re: not playing fair TMBG: Re: not playing fair TMBG: scott cohen Re: TMBG: MP3... TMBG: Re: scott cohen TMBG: Chrissy Rockwell is a crackhead TMBG: Re: Incredibly Obscure TMBG Reference Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <78.4ab9364.263f9c5f@aol.com> Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 22:50:07 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: WHO's not playing fair???? In a message dated 5/1/00 10:03:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, garrett27@juno.com writes: << If we wanted to be really evil and possibly get ourselves a bad image with a few people, we can all bot vote for Scott Cohen and see what happens :) >> I totally agree! Someone set up the bots! "I think Scott Cohen is Beautiful!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20000501232308.01300930@pop.suscom.net> Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 23:23:08 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: Cabrini College 5/5 At 01:09 PM 5/1/00 -0400, you wrote: >Can anyone send me some information on the Cabrini College show? I am interested in attending, but I haven't been able to find any information. Help would be appreciated. Well, the big news is a bit of a downer. Read on if you think you can take it. Mike Leffel will not be in attendance. I am informed, however, that the tickets are general admission, $15 to the public, $5 for Cabrini students, show is at 8PM, and that there seem to be plenty of them left. Dylan "Wishing He Was A Palindrome For The Last Four Years" Flipse ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000502032100.53772.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: RE: WHO's not playing fair Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:18:38 -0400 It is exactly why...why do you think the poll this year was different from the one that got linnell and hank up in the top ten... they needed more newsworthy celebrities on this poll. and i agree with Crystaviel completely. If you don't question everything, (especially corporate everythings) you will be screwed. No not having flans in a poll wont make the stock market crash and babies go hungry...but i think its important to recognize elitism and corporation manipulation everywhere...its all propaganda. Chrissy politics major since 1981 ---- I doubt they don't like him. I really doubt they have anything against Flans. Had we gone about this right, and he still got near the top of the poll, People probably would have been intrigued by this John Flansburgh character. However, it was obvious to them we used automatic/repeated voting methods, which are NOT fair votes. Plain and simple: more people know who Angelina Jolie is than John Flansburgh. Angelina will get more votes just because of that. Everyone is trying to make this into some kind of conspiracy against us, and it's not. I'd love to see John at the top of the chart, but there simply aren't enough of us to get him there. Diana ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:24:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cabrini College 5/5 > >Can anyone send me some information on the Cabrini College show? I am > interested in attending, but I haven't been able to find any information. > Help would be appreciated. > > Well, the big news is a bit of a downer. Read on if you think you can take > it. > > > > > > > > Mike Leffel will not be in attendance. Today is his birthday, y'know. Beth Mike Leffel is great! :) ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <9b.46967c1.263fa491@aol.com> Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:25:05 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: WHO's not playing fair In a message dated 5/1/00 11:22:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rockwellchr@hotmail.com writes: << No not having flans in a poll wont make the stock market crash and babies go hungry...but i think its important to recognize elitism and corporation manipulation everywhere...its all propaganda. >> The stock market won't crash if he's not on the list?!?! Are you sure about that??? Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000502032708.6730.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Who is going to the bowery thursday? Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:24:42 -0400 I am going.. :-) would love to see lots of people there...I will be the cute one with a tinky winky bag. Just like last time Chrissy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20000501233634.00acc3d0@pop.suscom.net> Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 23:36:34 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: How 'bout that show At 07:20 PM 4/30/00 -0400, you wrote: >Well, I went to the SUNY Binghmton show last night. Not too bad. >Probably one of the bigger crowds I've seen at one of their shows. (of >course, I've only ever been to 3) But who ever booked that opening band >was possibly out of their minds. This is just my opinion now, but, they >we're awful. It didn't help that their music inspired a mosh pit and >this apparent urge to pass the dude. Anyhoo, the Giants were great. I >personally liked their new rendition of "Istanbul" Was anyone else >there? I made it there. With three friends. The TMBG show was excellent, and the world *may* be privy to some MP3s made from the MiniDisc recoding we made. (Same for the Moxy show on Friday night, of which I also took pictures that should be scanned.) The opening act called Evolution. They were so bad that...the four of us started singing The Drinking Song (we were at the front, stage left) between two of their "songs." Very loudly. We had quite a group of people join in with us. This is really saying something, because I'm the sort of person who tends to at least be very, respectful of almost any opening act. But these guys crossed the line. The lead guitarist seemed to be getting off by playing. The guys acted and looked like idiots on stage. But, like I said, TMBG was very cool. I snagged a setlist too. Dylan "Mike Leffel For Secretary Of State" Flipse ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000502041633.17210.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ron Delaney" Subject: TMBG: Another Plea for sheet Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 21:16:33 PDT I've asked over and over, but not one response has been given, they're bound to be plenty of musicians out there, why the heck can't anyone respond and tell me if they have any sheet msuic they could send me. I picked up some off Midi's, but there are a whole mess of songs that i don't have the keyboard or accordian part to, especially Linnell's. Please if you have sheet music, email me, and i'll set up a page with all TMBG sheet music if one doesn't allready exist, if one does and my cries are just ignorant, please be nice enough to tell me, i'd appreciate it. TMBG SHEET MUSIC PLEASE!!! -Ron p.s. I know the whole poeple thing is over and all, so i'll make it short so as to not violate the lists rules. But does anyone else think that Julia Roberts doesn't belong on the list. Voting for flans got him kicked off the lsit, and Julia definatley does not deserve to be there, why don't we vote a thousand times over for her and get her kicked off, i say its worth a try, if your behind me email me at Ronnied_@hotmail.com and i'll make a page.(unless they set up a block on all bots. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001001bfb403$7d1e42e0$45956420@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: WHO's not playing fair Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:56:04 -0700 No not having flans in a poll wont make >the stock market crash and babies go hungry... Is that so?? Well my stock zeroed out i have no money and the money i do have for food goes to ME therefore the illigitamate child i had kidnapped a month earlier from my armless ex-girlfriend has starved and plasticised into a tickle me corpse baby doll selling for $19.95 at Toys R Us but due to the high demand its going for around $300 on the black market where I work nights and use stolen computers to vote for Flans so that I may once again have a rise in stock and money for food to feed the other illligitamite children that are due at sporatic times in this coming year!!! ***Views and opnions expressed by Erich just a second ago do not mean they are necessarily true, just a random humor releif during our time of crisis.*** ------------------------------ Date: 02 May 2000 06:12:22 -0800 Message-ID: <-1254874556ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street The Bastard Snowman wrote: >NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I used to have that record! Crap! If it's the one >I'm thinking of, anyway. Had a yellow label, and one song on each side. >Damn... I wonder if my parents still have it... Try and find it. Maybe you'll get an acknowledgment in the CD booklet. Imagine how cool that would be! Check the Close 'N' Play maybe its still in there. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <79.383a645.26402ef6@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:15:34 EDT Subject: TMBG: The DFB Drinking Game! Here's something I *finally* put to paper. Enjoy. The They Might Be Giants: Direct From Brooklyn drinking game! Created by Hooper_X 1.0, 5/1/00 NOTE: Wussies may substitute a non-alcoholic beverage of choice. DRINK ONCE: Each time the words "They," "Might," "Be" or "Giants" are spoken, sung, or appear onscreen as text. Each time stock footage is used from old movies. Each time something explodes. (If there's a shot from an old safety movie of a house exploding, that's two drinks) Each time we see the William Allen White head. Any time one or both of the Johns are shown holding something that is NOT a musical instrument. Any time the Johns appear as animated/cartoon characters. SPECIAL RULES: Any time we get a REALLY good look at Linnell's teeth, that's two drinks. If someone watching actually COMMENTS on his peculiar dentition, chug. When the accordion explodes in "Don't Let's Start," chug. That's bad as hell, you know. IF YOU'RE A SERIOUS BADASS: Watch the entire video, credits and all. Keep playing through the credits. NOTE: I am NOT responsible for your ass if you die. This is a joke. I don't drink, and neither should you. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005029572.AA957275156@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 09:45:54 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: WHO's not playing fair???? In a message dated 5/1/00 10:03:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, garrett27@juno.com writes: << If we wanted to be really evil and possibly get ourselves a bad image with a few people, we can all bot vote for Scott Cohen and see what happens :) >> This is a too perfectly evil idea !! Are we game for it? The main point to remember is that this whole thing is a mass-marketing, herd-based feeding frenzy/idol worship orgy. Therefore, toying with its head does no harm, and should be seriously twisted entertainment. What say, Bryce? Hanged Guy? Anybody who knows how to do these things and either has no TOS to violate or just doesn't give a rat's @$$ ?? Pretty please????? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** (so they can vote for Scott too !!) ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Organization: Marymount College Tarrytown Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 19:20:44 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh gone again? Message-ID: <1A00C6D62A0@mmc.marymt.edu> HAHAHAHAHHA looks to be that way this sucks > From: MrBean43@aol.com > Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 19:18:10 EDT > Subject: TMBG: Flansburgh gone again? > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Reply-to: MrBean43@aol.com > Has Flansburgh been taken off the list again? This is what my computer > screen is saying....i hope im mistaken. > > Jon > ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Organization: Marymount College Tarrytown Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 20:29:05 EST Subject: TMBG: RE: Who's not playing fair Message-ID: <1A12FAF41CC@mmc.marymt.edu> It is exactly why...why do you think the poll this year was different from the one that got linnell and hank up in the top ten... they needed more newsworthy celebrities on this poll. and i agree with Crystaviel completely. If you don't question everything, (especially corporate everythings) you will be screwed. No not having flans in a poll wont make the stock market crash and babies go hungry...but i think its important to recognize elitism and corporation manipulation everywhere...its all propaganChrissy politics major since 1981 ------------------ I doubt they don't like him. I really doubt they have anything against Flans. Had we gone about this right, and he still got near the top of the poll, People probably would have been intrigued by this John Flansburgh character. However, it was obvious to them we used automatic/repeated voting methods, which are NOT fair votes. Plain and simple: more people know who Angelina Jolie is than John Flansburgh. Angelina will get more votes just because of that. Everyone is trying to make this into some kind of conspiracy against us, and it's not. I'd love to see John at the top of the chart, but there simply aren't enough of us to get him there. Diana ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 09:59:18 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <390EDF36.43482B15@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Another Plea for sheet No, I don't have any sheet music to send you. -A Ron Delaney wrote: > > I've asked over and over, but not one response has been given, they're bound > to be plenty of musicians out there, why the heck can't anyone respond and > tell me if they have any sheet msuic they could send me. I picked up some > off Midi's, but there are a whole mess of songs that i don't have the > keyboard or accordian part to, especially Linnell's. Please if you have > sheet music, email me, and i'll set up a page with all TMBG sheet music if > one doesn't allready exist, if one does and my cries are just ignorant, > please be nice enough to tell me, i'd appreciate it. TMBG SHEET MUSIC > PLEASE!!! > > -Ron > > p.s. I know the whole poeple thing is over and all, so i'll make it short so > as to not violate the lists rules. But does anyone else think that Julia > Roberts doesn't belong on the list. Voting for flans got him kicked off the > lsit, and Julia definatley does not deserve to be there, why don't we vote a > thousand times over for her and get her kicked off, i say its worth a try, > if your behind me email me at Ronnied_@hotmail.com and i'll make a > page.(unless they set up a block on all bots. > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005901bfb43d$b812ae60$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: email problems Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:52:55 -0400 my school server was having problems...so its possible that there may be many mails comming that we sent last nite before i discoved the problem and sent them from hotmail =) Chrissy Another fine example of a womens college education ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005029572.AA957276468@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 10:07:46 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Definitely off the list... Bryce sez: > Also, we could start donating our votes to Scott Cohen, > if you catch my drift. >:-) The proverbial kiss of death. > > Bryce's evil twin > Doing doughnuts on the neighbor's lawn. I'm sorry i didn't read my 42 emails in chronological order, or I would have noticed that Bryce came up with this idea almost as soon as Flans was booted again, last night. It's still a bitchin idea..... Karin H ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:02:05 -0400 From: "Bryce's Evil Twin" Message-ID: <8emqlk$1j2d$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: not playing fair Very well. The Unofficial Scott Cohen Voting Site can be downloaded from here: http://www.idrive.com/brycegh/ Get the file vote.zip at your leisure, and browse index.html. If you think Mr. Cohen is a hideous beast of a man, you can edit your copy to vote for whomever you want (see clang.html). While we're being evil, another idea would be an HTML-formatted email that has a rigged voting form on it, with false promises of prizes or an illusory voting mechanism. Then again, perhaps this is *too* evil. Resorting to spam is pretty low. Bryce's Evil Twin Ten thousand years of unerasable acts. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005029572.AA957282861@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 11:54:19 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: not playing fair Way to go, Bryce's E.T. !!! Now I just have to figure out if I can d/l it through the company's firewall..... Hey, everyone? Not to make things More complicated, but: I wonder if we're not turning our ire on poor lil Scott Cohen just because one of his supporters was the first one we happened to get wind of. I bet Justin & Britney fans were just as strident and hostile, only we didn't happen to hear them. And I do consider them Much more evil than Scott could ever be, because they claim to be musicians. I wonder if we should go for the main head (or heads) of the Hydra first, instead of venting our gleeful wrath on some poor little TV miniseries guy. Just a thought, let me know what you think. So let it be written, so let it be done. (Yul Brynner in that Moses movie) Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005029572.AA957283950@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 12:12:28 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street I don't remember getting the emusic newsletter, but - - - I've had a tune in my head since i was about 8 or so, I think it was a NY city public service safety ad on the radio. Hard to do it justice without the notes but the words go "Don't cross the street in the middle in the middle in the middle in the middle in the middle of the block." Does anyone from NY in the 60s (ouch) remember that? Is that the one they're referring to? (oooh, yes, Lydia, "to which they are referring", than kew!) More forgetful than I remember being - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: 02 May 2000 09:31:52 -0800 Message-ID: <-1254862586ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street On Wednesday, June 21, 1939, karinh@sterl.com wrote: >I don't remember getting the emusic newsletter, but - - - >I've had a tune in my head since i was about 8 or so, I think it was a NY city >public service safety ad on the radio. Hard to do it justice without the notes >but the words go >"Don't cross the street in the middle > in the middle in the middle in the middle > in the middle of the block." >Does anyone from NY in the 60s (ouch) remember that? >Is that the one they're referring to? (oooh, yes, Lydia, "to which they are >referring", than kew!) THAT'S THE ONE!!! That's how it was described by Flans. What else do you know about? Was it ever released as a record? Any guesses on who performed it? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006301bfb457$8b3f5040$9e1a99ce@aah1084access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: TMBG: Covers Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:57:44 -0400 Does anyone have an mp3 of TMBG's cover of The Joker? I'd look on TDK's site, but I can't remember the address! Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <20.55ab672.2640696a@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:24:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Covers In a message dated 5/2/00 1:03:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, agreen@ascinet.com writes: > Does anyone have an mp3 of TMBG's cover of The Joker? I'd look on TDK's site, > > but I can't remember the address! I'd also be interested in this, BTW... I had it until my HD crashed... now I've got U2 playing "Dancing Queen," though, which is GREAT... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00e301bfb45b$8a6a2920$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Covers Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:26:17 -0400 tdk's site (or at least one of the addresses) is www.tmbg.net/tdk Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: Amy :) To: They Might Have a Mailing List Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 12:57 PM Subject: TMBG: Covers Does anyone have an mp3 of TMBG's cover of The Joker? I'd look on TDK's site, but I can't remember the address! Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <62.2f7c168.26406a5f@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:29:03 EDT Subject: TMBG: MP3... Can anyone tell me if there is another program like Napster? And if so, where can I find it? Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00ec01bfb45c$29af2bc0$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: MP3... Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:30:50 -0400 there are other programs like napster. some of which are open source some that share all files not just mp3s. the thing is they really arent looking out for you...they are just trying to drive napster out.. i know with gnutella there are so many worm virus transmitted, and same with cutemx. Those are two and wrapster is another do a web search.. i am a huge napster supporter so i wont give the url to the competition ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 1:29 PM Subject: TMBG: MP3... > Can anyone tell me if there is another program like Napster? And if so, > where can I find it? > > Mike > > "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, > someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there > on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <6f.464a0a8.26406cb6@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:39:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: MP3... I too am a big supporter of Napster, but I can't seem to find a copy of "The Race". I don't know who it's by, but we played it my senior year in marching band. If anyone know where else to look, lemme know. Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:51:20 -0400 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <8en4gp$1p39$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: MP3... Mike, I really doubt the goal of Gnutella or any other piece of software is to "drive Napster out". Considering all of the software is freeware, the only possible money to be made is in advertising. All the software has their own followings, so I really don't see one driving the other one out. The advantage of using Gnutella is that you can transmit files of any sort (.exe, .zip, .mpg, et cet.), but this allows virii and their ilk to be shared. I run an updated virus scanner, so I don't worry too much about it. Anyway, in about 6 months of using Gnutella I have never come across a virus. Personally, I couldn't care less what the software is called - I just want to be able to get obscure mp3s and videos of songs I like. The reason I actually use Gnutella is that my school's firewall blocks Napster, so their server isn't accessible to me. The address for downloading Gnutella is "http://www.gnutella.wego.com". I would recommend downloading version 0.56, as previous versions tended to eat CPU time and sometimes caused memory leaks. I've heard from several people that Gnutella is known to crash on Windows 95 machines. If you have a problem with it, there is now a Java version also. My roommate uses it, but I'm not sure of the address. If you are having problems with it, e-mail me personally and I'll get you the info. As always, support the artists you believe in by buying albums that they are responsible for. Pax, - Jose Christina Rockwell wrote in message <00ec01bfb45c$29af2bc0$eaa50acf@marymt.edu>... >there are other programs like napster. some of which are open source some >that share all files not just mp3s. the thing is they really arent looking >out for you...they are just trying to drive napster out.. i know with >gnutella there are so many worm virus transmitted, and same with cutemx. >Those are two and wrapster is another do a web search.. i am a huge napster >supporter so i wont give the url to the competition >----- Original Message ----- >From: >To: >Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 1:29 PM >Subject: TMBG: MP3... > > >> Can anyone tell me if there is another program like Napster? And if so, >> where can I find it? >> >> Mike >> >> "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, >> someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over >there >> on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George >Carlin > ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:58:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: MP3... Actually, I found the MP3 that I was looking for, so it's no longer an issue to me, but thank you everyone. Mike "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:04:43 -0400 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <8en59m$1pme$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: MP3... Mike, I found a song on Gnutella called "The Race" by a band known as "Yello" (not a spelling error, no 'w' in any of songs by "Yello"). I've almost finished downloading it now. Send me a personal e-mail and maybe I could AIM it to you or something? Pax, - Jose > I can't seem to find a copy of "The >Race". I don't know who it's by, but we played it my senior >year in marching >band. If anyone know where else to look, lemme know. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:05:01 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: MP3... Message-ID: <20000502.141743.-367269.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > Can anyone tell me if there is another program like Napster? And if > so, > where can I find it? http://www.imseh.com/ it's similar, but not really. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ http://www.radiofreecash.com/home.asp?ref=TMBgirl ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 15:23:23 -0400 From: "Bryce's Evil Twin" Message-ID: <8en9vj$1sfl$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: not playing fair wrote in message news:0005029572.AA957282861@smtplink.sterl.com... > I wonder if we're not turning our ire on poor lil Scott Cohen just because one > of his supporters was the first one we happened to get wind of. Yes, that's my impression. It's a retaliatory strike. > I bet Justin & > Britney fans were just as strident and hostile, only we didn't happen to hear > them. And I do consider them Much more evil than Scott could ever be, because > they claim to be musicians. I wonder if we should go for the main head (or > heads) of the Hydra first, instead of venting our gleeful wrath on some poor > little TV miniseries guy. > Just a thought, let me know what you think. Yes, I say we spread the love. We must be fair in doling out comeuppance. Bryce's Evil Twin ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <9a.44199ca.26408bdf@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 15:51:59 EDT Subject: TMBG: To bot or not to bot? (was "not playing fair") In a message dated 5/2/00 11:59:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes: << I wonder if we should go for the main head (or heads) of the Hydra first, instead of venting our gleeful wrath on some poor little TV miniseries guy. >> I agree, Britney and Justin are much more evil and disgusting, but they're way too popular. Do you think People would give a damn if either of them got a sudden surge of votes? I think not. Besides, we owe the Scott fans some bigtime payback... Another idea is to vote for a not-so-famous person, and see what happens. I nominate Liz Campbell, of my 7-8 period Global Studies Class. What do you guys think? "Like any of the actual people care how this turns out." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000502201554.31831.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: To bot or not to bot? (was "not playing fair") Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 20:15:54 GMT Dr. Rick Worm: >Another idea is to vote for a not-so-famous person, and see what happens. I >nominate Liz Campbell, of my 7-8 period Global Studies Class. What do you >guys think? Well, that would be funny, but it wouldn't allow us to figure out whether or not they removed Flans because he wasn't "mainstream" enough. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <013f01bfb477$0d1bd920$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: not playing fair Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:43:13 -0400 the frame at the top of index.html still says flans and stuff...is that right? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryce's Evil Twin" To: Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 11:02 AM Subject: TMBG: Re: not playing fair > Very well. The Unofficial Scott Cohen Voting Site can be downloaded from > here: > http://www.idrive.com/brycegh/ > Get the file vote.zip at your leisure, and browse index.html. If you think > Mr. Cohen is a hideous beast of a man, you can edit your copy to vote for > whomever you want (see clang.html). > > While we're being evil, another idea would be an HTML-formatted email that > has a rigged voting form on it, with false promises of prizes or an illusory > voting mechanism. Then again, perhaps this is *too* evil. Resorting to > spam is pretty low. > > Bryce's Evil Twin > Ten thousand years of unerasable acts. > > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:13:16 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8engdl$20k0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: not playing fair Christina Rockwell wrote in message news:013f01bfb477$0d1bd920$eaa50acf@marymt.edu... > the frame at the top of index.html still says flans and stuff... > is that right? Sorry about that. No, that's not right, but that's not what's doing the voting. You can change it to match if you want, for consistency and so that it makes sense. But to vote for someone else, the only thing you *really* need to change is the name of the "beauty" in clang.html. Bryce ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000b01bfb496$fe46a540$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: scott cohen Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:31:47 -0400 hey...hmmm he doesnt look to be rising that high... heh ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 03:42:01 +0300 From: Jarmo Lundgren Subject: Re: TMBG: MP3... > > Can anyone tell me if there is another program like Napster? And if >> so, >> where can I find it? > >http://www.imseh.com/ >it's similar, but not really. Macster is the Napster for Mac... http://www.macster.com (obviously) -- ---> jab / commie http://commie.oy.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001401bfb498$4e985ce0$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: scott cohen Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:41:09 -0400 Actually disregard...he just hit #3..do you think its time to say accuse? Chrissy *evil laugh* Rockwell ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina Rockwell" To: Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 8:31 PM Subject: TMBG: scott cohen > hey...hmmm he doesnt look to be rising that high... heh > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002701bfb499$4e266bc0$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Chrissy Rockwell is a crackhead Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:48:30 -0400 yeah...going to sleep...i was wrong ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina Rockwell" To: Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 8:41 PM Subject: TMBG: Re: scott cohen > Actually disregard...he just hit #3..do you think its time to say accuse? > Chrissy *evil laugh* Rockwell > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Christina Rockwell" > To: > Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 8:31 PM > Subject: TMBG: scott cohen > > > > hey...hmmm he doesnt look to be rising that high... heh > > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 21:11:49 -0500 From: "Polaris" Message-ID: <8eo29g$2cen$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Incredibly Obscure TMBG Reference I had no idea this would happen, but seriously now, in the story on tsunamis, when they described the wave's action as it approached the shoreline, didn't you notice something a little strange in the way the guy said, "THEY CAN BE GIANTS."? No, it's not "Zed." It's "Z" as in "zee". And actually, I am Canadian. .sig space for rent. Dial (718)387-6962 for details. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-3 *****************************