Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 4 Thursday, 4 May 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: not playing fair -Reply TMBG: This whole vote thing..... TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? TMBG: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote Re: TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? Re[2]: TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? Re:TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? TMBG: Re: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote TMBG: Re: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote TMBG: Re: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote (none) TMBG: Re: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... TMBG: Re: TMBG MP3s for mac? TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG MP3s for mac? Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Re: TMBG: Re: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 9:06:14 +0100 Subject: TMBG: Re: not playing fair -Reply Do keep us posted about his progress up the chart and subsequent expulsion. Richard >>> "evilbryce@bryceland.com" 2/May/2000 03:51pm >>> Very well. The Unofficial Scott Cohen Voting Site can be downloaded from here: http://www.idrive.com/brycegh/ Get the file vote.zip at your leisure, and browse index.html. If you think Mr. Cohen is a hideous beast of a man, you can edit your copy to vote for whomever you want (see clang.html). While we're being evil, another idea would be an HTML-formatted email that has a rigged voting form on it, with false promises of prizes or an illusory voting mechanism. Then again, perhaps this is *too* evil. Resorting to spam is pretty low. Bryce's Evil Twin Ten thousand years of unerasable acts. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005039573.AA957364604@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 10:36:42 -0400 Subject: TMBG: This whole vote thing..... I guess we've run out of steam, huh? Our email at work is sporadic, so I don't know if there has been a lot of discussion on the subject that I've missed. I checked the People poll this a.m. to see if there was a distinct trend I could contribute to, but I noticed that nobody seems to be doing much of anything. Definitely no havoc being wrought. Could we not decide on a candidate, or did we decide not to decide? Let me know where we stand. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: 03 May 2000 07:54:57 -0800 Message-ID: <-1254782001ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? So what's the deal on the People Poll these days? After Flans's second removal, there's been varying ideas on what to do next. I'm confused. I think we need to be unified if we are going to accomplish anything in the remaining two day of voting. Yep, it ends in just two days and it all seems really hopeless. They (Nick Carter, Brittany Spear,et al) might be giants (of the entertainment world) but that's all the more reason to fight for our ideals. I guess I go back to the People page tonight and do some voting while listening to A18. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: 03 May 2000 08:00:56 -0800 Message-ID: <-1254781642ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote The editors of "People" are so happy now 'cuz Brittany's gonna win They glad that they are morons with trendy o-pin-i-ons -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:01:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? In a message dated 5/3/00 10:59:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ggr@wlg.com writes: > Yep, it ends in just two days and it all seems really hopeless. http://www.seanbaby.com We have our nominee. Seanbaby. Go for it. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005039573.AA957366544@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:09:02 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? >> Yep, it ends in just two days and it all seems really hopeless.<< >http://www.seanbaby.com We have our nominee. Seanbaby. Go for it.< Guess I'm Really out of the loop.... Who's Seanbaby?? ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005039573.AA957366662@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:10:59 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? How about James Ensor??? ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:12:58 EDT Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Ummm..Who are we voting for again? In a message dated 5/3/00 11:11:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes: > Guess I'm Really out of the loop.... Who's Seanbaby?? > www.seanbaby.com. He is the Internet's Funniest Sex Symbol. He kicks a camel's ass. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:56:51 -0400 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <8epi96$1iv$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote And every last vote for Flansburgh has been dropped from our list We keep getting letters Boy - his fans sound pissed! ;-) - Jose Bongo wrote in message <-1254781642ggr@wlg.com>... > >The editors of "People" are so happy now >'cuz Brittany's gonna win >They glad that they are morons >with trendy o-pin-i-ons > > >-B O N G O > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:23:45 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <39105291.53DB467F@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote Is any one else getting bored with this vote thing? In my opinion, everyone is giving themselves ulcers over a silly poll. PEOPLE is a silly magazine, we've all agreed on that, so why even worry. If the magazine is so asinine, then why would we want Flans there to begin with? Just my opinion. -A Bongo wrote: > > The editors of "People" are so happy now > 'cuz Brittany's gonna win > They glad that they are morons > with trendy o-pin-i-ons > > -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 12:24:35 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8epjs5$2iu$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Nothing's Gonna Change My Vote Bongo wrote in message <-1254781642ggr@wlg.com>... > The editors of "People" are so happy now > 'cuz Brittany's gonna win > They glad that they are morons > with trendy o-pin-i-ons Jose wrote in message news:8epi96$1iv$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > And every last vote for Flansburgh > has been dropped from our list > We keep getting letters > Boy - his fans sound pissed! And never mind how much he rose No we don't care, he never should've been up there Flans fans, nothin's gonna change our poll... ever anymore Bryce ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:41:18 -0500 From: amybeth STEP 1: Please answer the following: Q: How many times a day do you wash your hands? Q: Name the first concert you ever went to: & name the first good concert you went to: Q: Are you obsessed with anything? What is it? Q: What is your favorite word? Q: Do you drink milk? If so, what type of milk do you drink? A. Vitamin D B. 2% (Reduced Fat) C. 1% (Low fat) D. Skim (Fat free) E. Chocolate milk F. Soy milk G. Rice milk H. Powdered milk I. Sweetened condensed milk J. Evaporated milk K. Buttermilk L. All of the above Questions? Comments? Suggestions? STEP 2: send it back to me! check the supah site in about a week from the time this was sent.... thank you, from the bottom of my G3! -amybeth -- ****** ******* ******* ******* ****** ******* It's alive: http://www.supah.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005039573.AA957388769@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 17:19:27 -0400 Subject: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... I just noticed that good ol' Scott is threatening to move up past Nick Whatsisface. If anyone is really, Really bored, a couple hours on the Bryce-o-matic for Nick would serve the dual purposes of 1. keeping Scott the Hussy magnet from attaining any further glory and 2. panicking Britney-heads. Personally, I'm going to keep plugging for Tori til I leave work. Partly cause she's a real musician, even if you don't like her stuff, and partly cause she's last. Anyway - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <96.451eaba.26420f7b@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 19:25:47 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG MP3s for mac? Hello 41- <> I have the same kind of question, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a Macintosh version. Thanks in advance, ~Adam I might be giants too. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005c01bfb557$8d598660$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG MP3s for mac? Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 19:30:19 -0400 macster ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 7:25 PM Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG MP3s for mac? > Hello 41- > > < where can I find it?>> > > I have the same kind of question, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a > Macintosh version. > > Thanks in advance, > ~Adam > > I might be giants too. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000504005120.95896.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 00:51:20 GMT Karin: >Personally, I'm going to keep plugging for Tori til I leave work. Partly >cause >she's a real musician, even if you don't like her stuff, and partly cause >she's >last. She's not last; she's tenth. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have only vote each. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:00:56 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... In a message dated 5/3/00 8:54:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes on Toir Amos: << She's not last; she's tenth. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have only vote each. >> I'm sure Liz Campbell of my 7-8 Global Studies class has at least five... "Vote Liz!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <009d01bfb575$926ecfc0$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:05:11 -0400 I changed my scott cohen script to vote for her ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 11:00 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... > In a message dated 5/3/00 8:54:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > xornom@hotmail.com writes on Toir Amos: > > << She's not last; she's tenth. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have > only vote each. >> > > I'm sure Liz Campbell of my 7-8 Global Studies class has at least five... > > "Vote Liz!" > Dr. Rick Worm > Chief of Surgical Staff > The Worm Clinic > Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000504032334.77878.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 03:23:34 GMT Christina Rockwell: >I changed my scott cohen script to vote for her Liz Campbell, or Tori Amos? > > In a message dated 5/3/00 8:54:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > > xornom@hotmail.com writes on Toir Amos: > > > > << She's not last; she's tenth. I'm sure there are plenty of people who >have > > only vote each. >> > > > > I'm sure Liz Campbell of my 7-8 Global Studies class has at least >five... -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00a801bfb578$a78cf8c0$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:27:13 -0400 lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 11:23 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... > Christina Rockwell: > >I changed my scott cohen script to vote for her > > Liz Campbell, or Tori Amos? > > > > In a message dated 5/3/00 8:54:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > > > xornom@hotmail.com writes on Toir Amos: > > > > > > << She's not last; she's tenth. I'm sure there are plenty of people who > >have > > > only vote each. >> > > > > > > I'm sure Liz Campbell of my 7-8 Global Studies class has at least > >five... > -- > Eat your broccoli, > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ > > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ From: SazzyPuff@aol.com Message-ID: <96.454dab6.2642493d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:32:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: Don't Cross in the Middle of the Street << Oh yeah... The record I'm thinking of, I believe was called, "Look Both Ways Before Crossing the Street." I /think/ that's the one they're looking for. Anyone else remember that record? Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico >> Actually, the song is actually called "in the middle in the middle in the middle" and it is included on TVT's TV Commercials Volume one anthology (track 27). It was a NYS department of safety commercial. Here's a link to where you can buy it: The Commercials, Vol.1 Hope this helps y'all. ~SazzyPuff "Those who danced where considered quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music." And I am one of those dancers. Try to catch me; try to stop me ... you won't. Watch me dance; watch me sway. To a beat I hear alone. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 22:59:02 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <8eqrt4$rj7$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Posted By: Ryan Mooney on tmbg.org Here's the deal with Working Undercover For The Man. Now I'm going to have to get this sent to my cousin's house in Massachusetts! ======== Subject: TMBG EP Release Ryan - We are currently revving up to release the TMBG EP "Working Undercover For The Man." This will be a 5-7 song EP of all original material. Flansburgh thought that it would be cool to turn the traditional model of "Buy the CD and get the MP3 album for free" on it's head. Therefore, when you buy the TMBG EP you will get a complimentary promo CD (same tracks as the MP3 album) for free, while supplies last - we are pressing 10,000 copies. Unfortunately, this only applies to US consumers, we are unable to fulfill the promo outside of the US for legal and yes, financial reasons. Best regards- Jim Stabile TMBG Product Manager ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <4a.4ee7192.26424ed1@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:56:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement In a message dated 5/3/00 11:53:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jay@tmbg.org writes: << Best regards- Jim Stabile TMBG Product Manager >> In all weirdnest, I just realized that I share the same last name as Jim Stabile. How cool to have my name linked to them. Mike Stabile "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 23:37:34 -0500 From: John David Crafton Message-ID: <3910FE8E.52AACF03@yahoo.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 5/3/00 11:53:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jay@tmbg.org > writes: > > << Best regards- Jim Stabile TMBG Product Manager >> > > In all weirdnest, I just realized that I share the same last name as Jim > Stabile. How cool to have my name linked to them. > > Mike Stabile > It's not all that cool. I share Their first name. ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 00:46:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement In a message dated 5/4/00 12:45:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Hypertext_Eye@yahoo.com writes: << MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 5/3/00 11:53:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jay@tmbg.org > writes: > > << Best regards- Jim Stabile TMBG Product Manager >> > > In all weirdnest, I just realized that I share the same last name as Jim > Stabile. How cool to have my name linked to them. > > Mike Stabile > It's not all that cool. I share Their first name. >> Well, I still think that it's cool. And that's all that matters. Mike Stabile "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000504051959.17579.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 05:19:59 GMT >We are currently revving up to release the TMBG EP "Working Undercover For >The Man." This will be a 5-7 song EP of all original material. The number of songs varies, depending on whether yours is one of the lucky copies that includes "Spitting Contest." >Flansburgh >thought that it would be cool to turn the traditional model of "Buy the CD >and get the MP3 album for free" on it's head. Therefore, when you buy the >TMBG EP you will get a complimentary promo CD (same tracks as the MP3 >album) >for free, while supplies last - we are pressing 10,000 copies. Hmm...I might be showing my ignorance here (don't worry; I'm used to it), but how long will 10,000 copies last? Is this something that we won't be able to get unless we buy the album the day it comes out, or will we still be able to take advantage of the offer a few months later? Does anyone know how many people bought Long Tall Weekend? I would imagine that most of them will also be getting this. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan not-Stabile DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003a01bfb58f$38642060$1f837cce@lanio> From: "Lani O." Subject: Re: TMBG: If anyone's really bored tonight..... Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:08:49 -0700 -----Original Message----- From: karinh@sterl.com >Personally, I'm going to keep plugging for Tori til I leave work. Partly cause >she's a real musician, even if you don't like her stuff, and partly cause she's >last. I've been voting for Tori all along. MWAHAHAHA!! Well, alternating between her and Flansy. I'm sure it didn't affect his standing too much. Lani O. ~There's a place for those who love their poetry -- It's just across from the sign that says "Pros only."~ -TMBG www.geocities.com/~abutterfly Have you visited www.thehungersite.com today? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-4 *****************************