Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 5 Friday, 5 May 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Working Undercover EP CD announcement TMBG: VIRUS WARNING Re:TMBG: VIRUS WARNING Re: TMBG: VIRUS WARNING TMBG: the big steamy thing Re: TMBG: the big steamy thing Re: TMBG: the big steamy thing TMBG: Rock N' Roll Jeopardy Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:42:39 -0500 From: "Michael Kolitz" Message-ID: <8es5rr$1mft$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Working Undercover EP CD announcement Where do we go to get this... EMusic? When's the release? I know we've been through all this before, but I'm a little slow today :) Mikey Jay G. wrote in message news:8eqrt4$rj7$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > Posted By: Ryan Mooney on tmbg.org > > Here's the deal with Working Undercover For The Man. Now I'm going to have > to get this sent to my cousin's house in Massachusetts! > > ======== > > Subject: TMBG EP Release > > Ryan - > > We are currently revving up to release the TMBG EP "Working Undercover For > The Man." This will be a 5-7 song EP of all original material. Flansburgh > thought that it would be cool to turn the traditional model of "Buy the CD > and get the MP3 album for free" on it's head. Therefore, when you buy the > TMBG EP you will get a complimentary promo CD (same tracks as the MP3 album) > for free, while supplies last - we are pressing 10,000 copies. > Unfortunately, this only applies to US consumers, we are unable to fulfill > the promo outside of the US for legal and yes, financial reasons. > > Best regards- Jim Stabile TMBG Product Manager > > > > ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005049574.AA957456998@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 12:16:33 -0400 Subject: TMBG: VIRUS WARNING Hey folks, this is serious - - - You can check out CNN.com if you want, it's on the front "page". There's a virus that will have I LOVE YOU as a sub line, it will send itself to everyone in your address book, like the Melissa virus. Our office is getting them now, and some companies with extensive interoffice mail are having their systems shut down. I shudder to think what it could do on a mailing list..... Share & Enjoy - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005049574.AA957457955@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 12:32:31 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: VIRUS WARNING Update - - - It's worst if you use Microsoft Outlook for your email, or if you use mIRC. Once in your system, it overwrites jpegs and MP3s with VisualBasic files with the same name, thus wiping out your tunes & pix. Oh, the Humanity........ It also goes after certain web development files, but I'm getting lost in the translation. Go to CNN.com & check the full story. Your own personal fire alarm - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <13.4cd8516.26430121@aol.com> Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:36:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: VIRUS WARNING Thank you Karin. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for you. Thanks, Mike Stabile "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000504213322.21798.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: TMBG: the big steamy thing Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 17:33:22 EDT Is anyone else having touble with tmbg.com? I keep getting an error message that says "Content not Defined." "Don't just taste life, take big bites and gnaw on them for all they're worth!" Ian ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <43.453187c.264365e9@aol.com> Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 19:46:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: the big steamy thing In a message dated 5/4/00 5:42:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmbgbffmfgus@hotmail.com writes: << Is anyone else having touble with tmbg.com? I keep getting an error message that says "Content not Defined." >> Yes! Me too! I had trouble accessing from school and home, and I didn't recognize the error message. "Liz needs your votes!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <9a.45ff428.26436b42@aol.com> Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 20:09:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: the big steamy thing In a message dated 5/4/00 5:42:38 PM Eastern Daylight savingstime tmbgbffmfgus@hotmail.com writes: > Is anyone else having touble with tmbg.com? I keep getting an error > message that says "Content not Defined." Nope, mine works just fine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go pratice shooting at the moving targets... *big evil grin* "But, we're really not about being weird" JL ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01bfb633$5b8b33e0$02956420@cannon10> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Rock N' Roll Jeopardy Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 18:43:46 -0700 VH1 showed an ep of Rock N Roll Jeopardy and one of the categorys was 'Silly Songs' and I KNEW that TMBG would show up and alas they did: "They Might Be Giants said that 'if your waiting for a date in contantiople she'll be waiting' where?" and the stud celebrity contestants (Bob Goen, Kelly Griffith and Brad something) didnt know the answer...they were all probably thinking They May be who? Erich ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-5 *****************************