Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 6 Saturday, 6 May 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: VIRUS WARNING -Reply Re: TMBG: VIRUS WARNING -Reply TMBG: 5/4 setlist, Salt Lake City/Chicago shows TMBG: EMusic's Latest "Message from John and John" TMBG: ouch! Re: TMBG: ouch! Re: TMBG: ouch! TMBG: In non-People news... Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Re: TMBG: ouch! TMBG: mp3 Albums (was In non-People news...) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 9:08:46 +0100 Subject: Re: TMBG: VIRUS WARNING -Reply Well I don't know about over there but over this side of the pond the virus was the lead news item in the main evening BBC news. How come someone can't write a virus that makes peoples computers send an email to a magazine poll once and then move on to another machine and do the same again, rather than try and wreck havoc all over the place! Richard (in London where we are still waiting to find out who our Mayor will be.) >>> "MikeTheGiant@aol.com" 4/May/2000 05:25pm >>> Thank you Karin. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for you. Thanks, Mike Stabile "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004a01bfb668$ca6c1c40$eaa50acf@marymt.edu> From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: VIRUS WARNING -Reply Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 04:06:15 -0400 livingstone... is it exciting to be getting your first elected mayor...or is it like end or an era or something Chrissy > Richard (in London where we are still waiting to find out who our > Mayor will be.) > > >>> "MikeTheGiant@aol.com" 4/May/2000 05:25pm >>> > Thank you Karin. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for you. > > Thanks, > Mike Stabile > > "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, > somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to > set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough > to get the job done.' " - George Carlin > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003c01bfb669$f03fd640$ea43c7d0@thedemonickangaroo> From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: 5/4 setlist, Salt Lake City/Chicago shows Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 04:14:29 -0400 Here's what they played at the final Bowery Ballroom show. They played two sets; the first with a special eight piece horn section and the second as their standard seven piece configiration (with Jim & Dan on the horns). The first set went like this: Older / How Can I Sing Like a Girl? / S-E-X-X-Y / Dr. Worm / Meet James Ensor / Istanbul (Not Constantiople) / Turn Around / Chess Piece Face / She's Actual Size All of them contained the horns, and no keyboard which wasn't even on the stage for the first set. Linnell played acordion on all of them. They then took a short break and came back to play this set: Robot Parade / Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes / Why Does the Sun Shine? / Four of Two / Boss of Me / Birdhouse In Your Soul / Spy / Mammal / Hypnotist of Ladies / James K. Polk / Cyclops Rock / The Guitar / New York City / Particle Man / Cowtown The last two songs are the encore. The order is correct except I might have Mammal in the wrong place, which was not on the setlist. Ana Ng, It's Not My Birthday and Maybe I Know were on the setlist but not played. They played the extended version of Boss of Me which Flansburgh said They had recorded yesterday, presumably for the MitM soundtrack. Finally, I spoke to Iggy (TMBG's lighting manager) afterwards and he told me that TMBG will be opening for Chicago at a show in Salt Lake City, UT on July 4th and then will be headlining a show IN Chicago the following day. Go figure. Look for photos from this show coming soon to my page. (I have photos from the first three Bowery shows up) -Mike ------------------------------ Date: 05 May 2000 06:34:47 -0800 Message-ID: <-1254614011ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: EMusic's Latest "Message from John and John" I'm sure most of you received the new EMusic email newsletter yesterday but for the benefit of the one or two of you that didn't, the big news is: 1) The two "Exquisite Dead Guy" puppets are going to be given away in an upcoming EMusic contest. 2) The "WORKING UNDERCOVER FOR THE MAN" EP MP3/CD will be available May 16! 3) On May 16 John and John will be doing a cyber chat using voice chat software. (Mac users are screwed.) _______________________ HERE'S THE WHOLE THING: _______________________ >This week's song is "Exquisite Dead Guy (Live)" recorded at Bowery Ballroom >4/27/00. Download the MP3 at >http://rsvp.rsvp0.net/servlet/click?LtNlpJDZZEnnkFiHJpMpJgLmDgLmE0EmkHJr >We've decided to retire our little wooden friends, Skunk and the Morning Maniac, >after over 200 live shows. If you want to win one of them stay tuned for info on >how to enter "Who's the Dummy Anyway?" contest on EMusic. In the meantime, check >out one of Skunk and Morning Maniac's final gigs via streaming media: >Windows Media: http://tm.intervu.net/smirror/tunes/tmbg/TMBGSong_037K.asx >Real Player: >http://tm.intervu.net/template/smirror/ivtemplates/tunes/tunesvod.ram?stream=tmbg/TMBGSong_037K.rm >Show it to a friend, and get them to send their email address to tmbg.com so >they can receive all of this unique TMBG content too. Thanks! > >BOWERY BALLROOM BIG BAND SHOW 5/4/00 >See an 8-piece horn section accompany John, John and the Band of Dans in a >truly unique musical event. All these shows have been selling out! Get your >ticket fast! Reserve your spot at http://ticketweb.com. > >"WORKING UNDERCOVER FOR THE MAN" EP TO BE RELEASED IN MP3 ON MAY 16th! >In a unique and crazy marketing plan, through our good friends at EMusic >(www.emusic.com), They Might Be Giants will be releasing an MP3 EP. Upon >purchasing the MP3 EP from EMusic, we will send you a CD version (same songs) >4-6 weeks later - US Residents only. > >Scheduled for a May 16th release, this downloadable album will include all >new songs; "Working Undercover for The >Man", "Empty Bottle Collector", "Human Head", >"It's Not A Game", "Rest Awhile" and a version of >the "Radio They Might Be Giants" theme, made famous >at the wiredplanet.com Radio They Might Be Giants >site, which coincidentally will be updated with select live songs from one of >our best live Fall shows, by Friday, May 5th. > >TALK BACK & LIVE FROM NEW YORK... >We want to answer your questions instantly and verbally - traditional chats are >so passe! We are partnering with Cahoots, a killer voicecast software app, to >answer your questions live through your computer verbally - speaker required! >Prior to our Bowery Ballroom webcast, from 8-9 PM EDT you'll get a chance to ask >questions and hear us speak our minds about all things Giant. >Participation is limited to the first 500 people on a first come, first serve >basis, so plan to arrive early. The cyber doors open at 7:30pm EDT. More >download info to follow next week.*This is a PC-only application! Hey, they're >workin' on the Mac version! Following the voicecast, we will webcast our >April 27th Bowery Ballroom show, which was one of our finest concerts in the >Bowery series mind you. So tune in on May 16th from 9-11ish PM >EDT. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 17:47:13 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8evfh5$9mr$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: ouch! Well, Scott Cohen can thank some of us for his third-place finish in People's poll today. I guess his sudden surge of votes didn't look suspicious to anybody. Oh well, that just goes to prove that the robot votes really are indistinguishable from "real" ones. People's site has some discussion boards realted to the poll, which I didn't notice until today. I did a search for John Flansburgh, and found the following little tidbits posted by Roy Dupuis fans. I looked around a little bit, and the messages these people wrote were actually the most coherent I found. Well, I think I've beaten this dead horse for as long as I care to. But let me just say this before I shut up about it for a year: I'm proud of us for uniting in the effort and taking a stand. There, I'm done. Bryce People should get beat up for statin' their beliefs. ================================ Xfan1013 - 08:06am Apr 28, 2000 EST (#560 of 852) FYI - On the People.com 50 most beautiful people poll....a "man" by the name of John Flansburgh is beating RD. http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/020500pics-2.html#flans Thanks to Nam for the link. Nam's repsonse was - "if you could see my face" and Mine was "let me pop my eyes back into my head and pick my chin up from off the floor" LMAO!!!!!!!! ================================ eandh - 08:21am Apr 28, 2000 EST (#562 of 852) Now, is John Flansburgh the guy with the glasses or the guy with the accordion? ================================ Namatu - 08:30am Apr 28, 2000 EST (#566 of 852) I think he's the guy with the guitar. There are wee captions under some of the pics. Euw. ================================ Xfan1013 - 08:31am Apr 28, 2000 EST (#568 of 852) Euw. You can say that again. Poor guy he has now been doomed because he is beating RD. I told Nam this earlier....I came across a post mentioning that this guy showed up overnight with 97,000+ votes....conspiracy???? ================================ Namatu - 08:41am Apr 28, 2000 EST (#575 of 854) ...Yes, where is Ana? Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaa! Where are you? Did John Flansburgh kidnap you and chain you to your computer so all you could do was vote for him against your will 97,000 times? ================================ eandh - 08:42am Apr 28, 2000 EST (#577 of 854) ...The People poll is supposed to be able to remove robot posting, so maybe John baby will disappear like a bad dream. The green is just right. Who's next - the guys from Barenaked Ladies? Oh, sorry, for the Americans - popular Canadian band, worst looking lead singer since Neil Young. ================================ AnaDFrat - 09:26am Apr 28, 2000 EST (#583 of 854) ...OMG who is this guy I almost bust a gut (and that's pretty hard for me to do) laughing when I saw this guy. How can he have gotten so many votes. Some times I wear out my poor little fingers and mousey clicking for Rd's post only to have about 60 go through and this guy gets 97000! I hope they do weed these things out. ================================ Ktmat - 04:17pm Apr 28, 2000 EST (#605 of 856) Would someone please tell me who John Flansburgh is!? When I went to the link I said "Oh, my G-O-S-H?" How can he acquire so many votes. I think there must be a glitch in the system. ================================ Xfan1013 - 04:45pm Apr 28, 2000 EST (#606 of 856) All I know about John is that he is a composer and that he composed the theme song to the TV Series "Malcolm in the Middle" ================================ Xfan1013 - 06:46pm Apr 28, 2000 EST (#612 of 859) MAJOR FYI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They took John whatever his name is out of the listing!!!!!! I guess all those complaint e-mails worked. ================================ Stricknine - 06:52pm Apr 28, 2000 EST (#613 of 859) > EW!!!!!!! Why would anyone even bother??? Exactly. There simply can't be THAT many people in this world who thinks he's the sexiest man alive. If there are, then society as a whole has one heck of an eyesight problem. There has to be one of two things happening here, but they are accusatory so I won't say them (you just never know who's lurking). However, there's just no good reason for a landslide event like this to occur. I mean, heck, I'd vote for Urkel before I'd vote for that man! ================================ ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:00:06 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: ouch! Message-ID: <21465-39134466-1172@storefull-248.iap.bryant.webtv.net> "There simply can't be THAT many people in this world who thinks he's the sexiest man alive. If there are, then society as a whole has one heck of an eyesight problem." Okay, can I tell you all how FUCKING PISSED I was when I read this line? Well, I guess I already have, so I'll continue... First of all, the poll is for the "Most Beautiful Person," not sexiest man alive. She, being a moron, obviously incorporate's the two together, though. She should go update her definition of beautiful. I'm sorry. I know I probably shouldn't waste my time getting worked up over this kind of stuff, but, ARGH! Later. Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000506003939.70848.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: ouch! Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 00:39:39 GMT Bryce: >Well, Scott Cohen can thank some of us for his third-place finish in >People's poll today. I guess his sudden surge of votes didn't look >suspicious to anybody. Oh well, that just goes to prove that the robot >votes really are indistinguishable from "real" ones. Uh, did anybody blow the whistle on his robot votes? Wasn't that part of the original plan? They probably wouldn't have even looked into Flansburgh's gains if some morons hadn't decided to complain. That's what bothers me. I really couldn't care much less about the results of this poll, but knowing that there are people out there who get so whiny just because their candidate is in fourth instead of third is kind of bothersome to me. It's not like Flans was actually providing much of a threat. Oh, well. I probably sound like a hypocrite, after telling other people to relax. Then again, I'm not planning on bitching to any of these wannabe stool pigeons about it; I'm just going to make some comments on this list. >FYI - On the People.com 50 most beautiful people poll....a "man" by the >name >of John Flansburgh is beating RD. Hmm...I wonder why "man" is in quotes. Does this person think Flans is a woman? >Thanks to Nam for the link. >Nam's repsonse was - "if you could see my face" and Mine was "let me pop my >eyes back into my head and pick my chin up from off the floor" What kind of a name is "Nam"? A lot of people needlessly died in that stupid war, you know. >Who's next - the guys from Barenaked Ladies? Oh, sorry, for the Americans - >popular Canadian band, worst looking lead singer since Neil Young. Okay, everyone who's American and DOESN'T know who Barenaked Ladies are, raise your hand. Anyone? >...OMG who is this guy I almost bust a gut (and that's pretty hard for me >to >do) laughing when I saw this guy. Okay, that comment is just plain rude. So you don't find John attractive. Big deal. Tastes differ. That doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to say mean things about the way he looks. > > EW!!!!!!! Why would anyone even bother??? > >Exactly. There simply can't be THAT many people in this world who thinks >he's the sexiest man alive. If there are, then society as a whole has one >heck of an eyesight problem. Okay, Dexter already relayed my basic thoughts on this. If this person thought that the poll was for "sexiest man alive," maybe he/she is the one with the eyesight problem. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ This Flansburgh guy isn't marketed entirely on his looks! How could he POSSIBLY get any votes? ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000506015421.40813.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: TMBG: In non-People news... Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 01:54:21 GMT Okay, I think I've made my share of comments on the People poll. Now how about something else? I'm going to try to organize information on future TMBG releases. I know this has been overdone on this list, but not so much recently, and, besides, what better to talk about on a TMBG list than TMBG? Any additions and corrections are welcome. Working Undercover For The Man EP Release date: 16 May 2000 Songs: Working Undercover For The Man, Empty Bottle Collector, It's Not A Game, Human Head, Rest Awhile, Radio They Might Be Giants Theme Children's album Tentative title: No! Release date: Probably fall 2000 Songs: No!, Clowntown, 4 Of 2, Robot Parade, that "don't cross the street" song Next regular album Tentative title: Unreliable Narrator Release date: Supposed to be sometime this year, but They said that two years ago, too Songs: Cyclops Rock, Thunderbird, It's So Loud In Here, She Thinks She's Edith Head, Working Undercover For The Man, Rest Awhile, Older, On The Drag, Finished With Lies, Hovering Sombrero Other Possibilities: Unreliable Narrator (if it actually exists), First Kiss, SenSurround, Spitting Contest Malcolm in the Middle soundtrack album Release date: No idea Songs: You're Not The Boss Of Me, other stuff They recorded for the show (Don't Cry, Nice Is Good, Substitute Teacher, a bunch of instrumentals, etc.) Other Possibilities: Stuff not originally recorded for the show (Pencil Rain, Why Does The Sun Shine?, Reprehensible, Till My Head Falls Off, etc.) B-side compilation Tentative title: Superfueled Freaksicle Release date: Probably not anytime soon State Songs Part 2 Release date: Considering how long it took to make this one, probably 2010 Songs: "Louisiana" is likely, since it's already been written. I can also make 34 more educated guesses... New video compilation Tentative title: From Manhattan, in a Roundabout Way Release date: Absolutely no idea Songs: Brave New World videos (I doubt there will ever be audio-only veresions of "King Weed" and "Cut The Strings") Other Possibilites: Maybe that Rabid Child video? Even newer "regular" album Tentative title: Hitler's Life Savings Release date: 2002 Songs: Istanbul Is Constantinople Again (a song about the new Pope's attemtps to revive the Crusades), Shouting Match, Somewhat More Reliable Narrator, Second Kiss, She Went Back To Being A Hotel Detective, Careless Santa, Radio They Might Be Giants Update Theme, I Am So The Boss Of You, Fish Heads, Rabid Death Metal Squirrel, All My Fans Hate Me Second live album Tentative title: No Passing Zone Release date: I don't know Songs: Rabbi Vole, Shoehorn With Teeth, Spitting Santa, Mr. Tambourine Man, No Passing Zone Theme, a track made up entirely of crowd noise (for those of you who complained about its lack on Severe Tire Damage), Moxy Fruvous Has Much Better Shows Than Us, Heck Motel, Particle Man, I Have Learnt The Value Of Human Sacrifice, Istanbul Is Constantinople Again (swing version), Particle Man, a series of hidden tracks about various kinds of sandwiches, Particle Man Much newer "regular" album Tentative title: Careless Santa at the Insect Hospital Release date: 2004 Songs: After Hours Party At The Insect Hospital, Don't Worry Kyoko, Ham On Rye (a popular favourite from the sandwich tracks), Now That I Have Everything (totally remade), S-E-X-X-Y (Lauren Brigg Propane Stove Mix), She Retired From The Hotel Detective Trade, Hidden Track, Raw Meat Hunter, Cookie On A String, Exploding Moon, Thanks For The Wooden Nickels, 4 Of 2 (original version), No! (sexually explicit version), Sex In A Black Hole, Coffee Slayer -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <14.32eed3b.2644d773@aol.com> Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 22:03:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: In non-People news... In a message dated 5/5/00 9:58:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << Working Undercover For The Man EP Release date: 16 May 2000 Songs: Working Undercover For The Man, Empty Bottle Collector, It's Not A Game, Human Head, Rest Awhile, Radio They Might Be Giants Theme >> All right...I don't know if I'm the only one out there that is upset that They are releasing another "only MP3 EP" or not, but I don't like the idea. I have no credit card, and my parents are anal, so I can't buy it. I don't think that it's a very good marketing idea. Anyway, I can't wait until they release an actual "CD". Mike Stabile "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000506021636.73968.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 02:16:36 GMT Mike Stabile: >All right...I don't know if I'm the only one out there that is upset that >They are releasing another "only MP3 EP" or not, but I don't like the idea. >I have no credit card, and my parents are anal, so I can't buy it. I don't >think that it's a very good marketing idea. Anyway, I can't wait until >they >release an actual "CD". I agree; I don't like the idea much, either. Then again, it IS just an EP. I hope it doesn't set a trend, making TMBG into an MP3-only band or something, but there isn't any reason to assume that that will happen. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <27.52b6af1.2644db64@aol.com> Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 22:20:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: In non-People news... In a message dated 5/5/00 10:18:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << Mike Stabile: >All right...I don't know if I'm the only one out there that is upset that >They are releasing another "only MP3 EP" or not, but I don't like the idea. >I have no credit card, and my parents are anal, so I can't buy it. I don't >think that it's a very good marketing idea. Anyway, I can't wait until >they >release an actual "CD". I agree; I don't like the idea much, either. Then again, it IS just an EP. I hope it doesn't set a trend, making TMBG into an MP3-only band or something, but there isn't any reason to assume that that will happen. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ >> At least I'm not the only one. I sure as hell hope that they don't start releasing MP3's. If so, that would suck, mainly because, I won't be able to hear their new stuff. Mike Stabile "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000505222235.00970340@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 22:24:13 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: In non-People news... Despite eMusic coming close to running out of cash, I'm guessing they're giving the Giants lots of money to keep releasing these albums. TMBG are known to have a net.savvy fan base, and since most of their fans seem to be in their 20s, I'm sure they have credit cards... Though I prefer to have something tangible, it doesn't really bother me much. -Adam At 10:03 PM 5/5/00 -0400, MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote: >All right...I don't know if I'm the only one out there that is upset that >They are releasing another "only MP3 EP" or not, but I don't like the idea. >I have no credit card, and my parents are anal, so I can't buy it. I don't >think that it's a very good marketing idea. Anyway, I can't wait until they >release an actual "CD". ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 22:30:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: In non-People news... In a message dated 5/5/00 9:18:18 PM EST, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << I agree; I don't like the idea much, either. Then again, it IS just an EP. I hope it doesn't set a trend, making TMBG into an MP3-only band or something, but there isn't any reason to assume that that will happen. I don't think that will happen, either, but I *could* see it happening if they don't get a permanent label soon and if emusic offers them enough cash. I'm sure emusic would like to keep releasing their stuff considering the success of LTW, and wasn't emusic the ones who released that email announcing that TMBG's next album would be released "in a few months"? Well, at least we know No! will be released in (enhanced!) cd format. Kay ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <96.46b7e4d.2644e679@aol.com> Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 23:07:37 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: In non-People news... In a message dated 5/5/00 10:22:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ctyner@CLEMSON.EDU writes: << Despite eMusic coming close to running out of cash, I'm guessing they're giving the Giants lots of money to keep releasing these albums. TMBG are known to have a net.savvy fan base, and since most of their fans seem to be in their 20s, I'm sure they have credit cards... Though I prefer to have something tangible, it doesn't really bother me much. -Adam >> The funny thing is, I'm in my 20s and I still do not own a credit card. Oh well, I'll just have to suffer. Mike Stabile "The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <7c.52173b2.2644eb4a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 23:28:10 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: ouch! Final People Poll comments: The "people" at People are evil. You heard me! Just plain evil! The fans of the mainstream/T.V. pretty boy/bubblegum artist people are the REAL robots. Basically, we have no chance against the People/AOL/Time-Warner/Playboy Conglomerate. "Screw the bastards." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3913B4BC.3631@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 19:31:44 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: TMBG: mp3 Albums (was In non-People news...) Well here's an idea for all you credit card-less folks (I'm one too, but my mom will buy me anything TMBG. I don't know why). Do you have friends with credit cards? At least one? Give them and idea for an early or late birthday present. Or maybe XMas if that's your sort of deal. The albums aren't expensive or anything, well within even "cheapo" range for a gift. If my mom told me no, that's what I would've done. And if you're really so upset about the release, then tell Them, I'm sure they'd like to know if fans really do appreciate the traditional type of CD album. They probably already have an inkling of this, given the setup of the WUFTM EP (buy mp3s, get mp3s and CD). Lastly, whoever made up that list of future albums, don't forget Wicked Little Critter. If that song never makes an album, I'm gonna be upset. Peace out, K.C. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, Triumvir Fantasy Sports Campaign Manager, OUK 2000 docworm@tmbg.org, docworm@icestorm.net ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-6 *****************************