Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #29-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 29, Number 9 Tuesday, 9 May 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Cabrini Re: TMBG: Linnellday Re[2]: TMBG: Linnellday Re: TMBG: Cabrini Re[2]: TMBG: Linnellday -Reply Re[3]: TMBG: Linnellday -Reply Re: TMBG: Linnellday TMBG: Re: MP3 Only Material Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <62.32e22a2.26482620@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 10:16:00 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cabrini >I'd say the best part of the night was when my friend and i got You Were SPiraling's setlists, and got them >autographed. I didn't manage to get YWS's setlist, so I just picked up one of the free cards sitting on the t-shirt table for YWS to sign. >If anyone has a setlist for the show, could you type it up and mail it to the list? I'd like to see the songs they >played in order. I have a bad habit of forgetting absolutely everything about a concert the next morning. I did, however, manage to get one of TMBG's setlists (Flansburghs). I'll post it as soon as I can. Hell, I may even scan it and put it on my page :) PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 12:22:20 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8f6pjt$ips$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnellday A fellow Gemini! Cool, but now that I think of it, unsurprising. He seems like one. What's more surprising is that Flansburgh is a Taurus. I'd have guessed he was a Leo. This sheds new light on their on-stage interactions. Hmm. Bryce Just a guy made of dots and lines. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005089578.AA957804738@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 12:52:15 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Linnellday While I, too, am surprised that Flansburgh is a Taurus, I personally would have pegged him for a Mustang. Or maybe a Celica...... (once the proud owner of a Ford Prefect) Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnellday Author: "Bryce" Date: 05/08/00 12:22 PM A fellow Gemini! Cool, but now that I think of it, unsurprising. He seems like one. What's more surprising is that Flansburgh is a Taurus. I'd have guessed he was a Leo. This sheds new light on their on-stage interactions. Hmm. Bryce Just a guy made of dots and lines. ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 13:13:18 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cabrini That concert was quite an adventure for me driving all the way from Albany, NY. It's always worth the drive to see TMBG. Not to mention You Were Spiraling was kicking ass as well. That was the coolest thing ever when TMBG and YWS did the end of "Spy" together. Just thought I'd throw in some opinions. Pyro ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 19:29:30 +0100 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Linnellday -Reply Ford Prefect - is that some kind of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference! Richard >>> "karinh@sterl.com" 8/May/2000 05:39pm >>> While I, too, am surprised that Flansburgh is a Taurus, I personally would have pegged him for a Mustang. Or maybe a Celica...... (once the proud owner of a Ford Prefect) Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnellday Author: "Bryce" Date: 05/08/00 12:22 PM A fellow Gemini! Cool, but now that I think of it, unsurprising. He seems like one. What's more surprising is that Flansburgh is a Taurus. I'd have guessed he was a Leo. This sheds new light on their on-stage interactions. Hmm. Bryce Just a guy made of dots and lines. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0005089578.AA957812653@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 15:04:11 -0400 Subject: Re[3]: TMBG: Linnellday -Reply Matter O Fact,it is! :) I happened to be living in England when Hitchhikers premiered over there, and we had just bought a Ford Prefect. Not that that has anything to do with Flansburgh being a Taurus, don't know why I mentioned it.... Sorry, my train of thought has skipped a station. Hey, has anyone seen my towel? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Linnellday -Reply Author: Date: 05/08/00 7:29 PM Ford Prefect - is that some kind of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference! Richard >>> "karinh@sterl.com" 8/May/2000 05:39pm >>> While I, too, am surprised that Flansburgh is a Taurus, I personally would have pegged him for a Mustang. Or maybe a Celica...... (once the proud owner of a Ford Prefect) Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnellday Author: "Bryce" Date: 05/08/00 12:22 PM A fellow Gemini! Cool, but now that I think of it, unsurprising. He seems like one. What's more surprising is that Flansburgh is a Taurus. I'd have guessed he was a Leo. This sheds new light on their on-stage interactions. Hmm. Bryce Just a guy made of dots and lines. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 15:25:58 -0400 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8f74c9$pna$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnellday Oh come on, *everybody* should know where his towel is. http://www.h2g2.com/U101217/#towel Bryce Once in a while I feel like being dry. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.20000508141637.00864920@pop3.xprt.net> Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 14:16:37 -0700 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: Re: MP3 Only Material >From: Kreadoubt@aol.com >Subject: TMBG: MP3 Only Material > >OK, so the whole MP3 only Material thing was starting to get on my nerves, so >I sent this to the QA thingy on there website.......here's what I sent.... I don't think this has been apparently clear- TMBG seems to have already addressed these concerns that came about during the release of the MP3-only "Long Tall Weekend" by offering a free cd of the exact contents of their upcoming MP3 release to the people that order in. In essence, you don't even really have to be able to play MP3s and you'll still get the music on cd... eventually. Like most people, I'm rather annoyed that it seemingly will be at least 4 years between releases of proper studio albums now, but the MP3 releases at least tide over a certain portion of their fanbase because of the relative ease of their distribution while various label agreements, contract negotiations and release date/promotion-type things are worked out. Kerry ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #29-9 *****************************