Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 11 Monday, 12 June 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: July JOSHUA FRIED premiere! TMBG: Working Undercover CD TMBG: Re:TMBG AND ELVIS COSTELLO Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Joshua Fried Message-Id: <200006111317.JAA05849@echonyc.com> Subject: TMBG: July JOSHUA FRIED premiere! Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:17:38 -0400 (EDT) List, I post this because I'm the guy that did the tmbg remixes and Hello The Band and Mono Puff's 'Hello Hello.' Please come to my show--HEADSET SEXTET. HEADSET SEXTET uses high-tech and headphones to make performers do raw amazing things, to a throbbing synchronized musical backup. I'm now at the MacDowell Colony (www.macdowellcolony.org if you're interested) making final revisions to what seemed a forever work-in-progress. Next week it will be DONE. HEADSET SEXTET will premiere on Thursday July 6 at Storm King: a music festival on a lovely mountain an hour north of NYC. And there will be shuttle buses from Manhattan! All of the information is here... http://www.echonyc.com/~joshua/pages/upcoming.html ...but I'll post the specifics at the bottom. The Village Voice said this about the work in progress: "Some composers astonish musicians by brilliantly defining new compositional problems. Other zap the audience with displays of raw emotion. For a composer to do both at the same time is a rare epiphany, a sign that he or she has received gifts from two of the gods at once." Enough hype. I hope you can make the show. joshua fried *** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with sincere apologies. Want to know more? See www.echonyc.com/~joshua *** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** WHEN: Thursday, July 6, 2000 8pm WHERE: The 2nd Annual Storm King Music Festival A Two-Week Celebration of Classical Music and New Technology with Concerts, Workshops, Installation Art, Web Art, Seminars and Discussion located in the Hudson River Valley, ten miles north of West Point, on Storm King Mountain. shuttle bus, detailed directions, etc. at http://members.aol.com/skmusicfestival/where.htm Palisades Parkway North until end (Bear Mountain Traffic Circle) 9W North (towards West Point and Newburgh) go about 10 miles until you crest mountain- on your right large sign for SK School and Music Festival -Take SHARP Rt. Onto Mountain Road, Storm King School/Festival will be on your left WHAT: A performance of HEADSET SEXTET for six headphone-driven performers and taped musical accompaniment FEATURING THESE GREAT PERFORMERS: Nicole Halmos, Tom Ross & Susan Thompson....... .......and Milica Paranosic, Danijela Popovic & Aleksandra Vojcic, collectively known as D'DIVAZ HOW MUCH: $12 Tickets: 212-699-3827 ext. 2622 or http://members.aol.com/skmusicfestival/Tickets.htm ALSO ON THE BILL: Kyle Gann's wonderful CUSTER AND SITTING BULL * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JF's other activities at Storm King: June 30, July 1 Composers Roundtable with JF, Rand Steiger, Ronald Caltabiano, Eric Ewazen, Sidney Corbett and others July 1 8pm JF's TRAVELOGUE performed by Aleksandra Vojcic July 5-6 Workshops led by JF about headphones, shoes and computers *** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** Joshua Fried Joshua@echonyc.com www.echonyc.com/~joshua ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <75.55247f3.267598cc@aol.com> Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:37:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: Working Undercover CD Has anyone received their CD yet? I thought it was only supposed to take 3 weeks, but it's been almost least 4 now. Jon ------------------------------ Message-ID: <39444B57.2F27774C@pacificnet.net> Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:30:49 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re:TMBG AND ELVIS COSTELLO "Chrissy Rockwell" wrote: >Friends of mine went to steve nieve's opera last nite at Town Hall in >NYC(Elvis Costello started in it and his keybord player wrote it)...and they >said that Flans was IN the opera. He played a police chief and stole the >show. I am just happy my two favorite acts are together again Where do they find the time to do all these things. -B O N G O ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-11 ******************************