Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 12 Tuesday, 13 June 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Utah Show TMBG: Re: Utah Show TMBG: Linnell's Birthday TMBG: Its linnell's birthday for about an hour more Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <002401bfd44a$a1b62340$ae853ea6@cannon10> From: "Erich" Subject: TMBG: Utah Show Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:45:11 -0700 I am planning on going to the Fourth of July show in Utah but have no clue on how to get tickets. they said they were opening for Chicago but as I found out its a festival with several bands, the headliner being Chicago. ANyone have more info? Erich ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:30:45 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8i2s4e$1eqq$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Utah Show Today is your lucky day because I know all the info on this show. It's July 4th at Rice-Eccles Stadium at the University of Utah, being called the "Red Hot 4th Extravaganza." If you're from the area and are familiar with "Stadium of Fire," I imagine it's much the same. Tickets are available for $24, $18, and $12 with up to a $2 when you buy them at Granite Furniture locations (why they'd sell tickets, I don't know) or by using your American Express Card (don't leave home without it). Tickets are also available at the Huntsman Center Ticket Office (where you will get them for the above-quoted price) or at all SmithTix outlets (1-800-888-TIXX), though through SmithTix you will pay a $3.75 fee. If you plan on actually seeing the band, don't get the $12 seats. The $24 seats have assigned seating, the $18 seats don't. There will be no room in front of the stage (on the field) because of some dance routine that will go on after TMBG. The concert starts at 8 pm. TMBG will come on for 30-45 minutes (I wish it were longer, but what're you gonna do?), followed by the aforementioned dancers accompanied by some Beatlemania type group. Following that will be an hour of Chicago and the evening will wrap up with fireworks. I got all this info by calling their info number, (801) 582-4733. Hope that helps! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.2.7.0.20000612224312.032ba7f8@pop.suscom.net> Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:52:49 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: Linnell's Birthday From Infobeat's Birthdays section- - Rock musician John Linnell (They Might Be Giants) is 41. Pretty cool to see it, and of course, happy birthday from me to John, who will never, ever read this. (Sharing this birthday, we have George Bush, Marv Albert, and quite a bunch of other musicians, none of whom I personally recognize.) Dylan "Happy Birthday Mike Leffel" Flipse Dylan Flipse - dylan@flipse.com http://www.flipse.com - Everything Flipse ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000613030237.58594.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Its linnell's birthday for about an hour more Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:06:57 -0400 Gosh!!! We all forgot it was Linnell's birthday and it almost isn't (here on the east coast...) :D [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-12 ******************************