Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 15 Friday, 16 June 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Puppet Heads -Reply TMBG: Re: Puppet Heads -Reply TMBG: re: puppet heads and touring sadness. Re: TMBG: Puppet Heads TMBG: Utah Show TMBG: Re: re: puppet heads and touring sadness. Re: TMBG: Puppet Heads TMBG: WUFTM CD Re: TMBG: WUFTM CD TMBG: Re: Knitting and Waiting Re: TMBG: WUFTM CD TMBG: re: touring sadness TMBG: The Mailing List Experience TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:23:37 +0100 Subject: TMBG: Puppet Heads -Reply Don't know but as the competition was only open to USA addresses it wasn't me! Richard (UK based) >>> "Kaylum@aol.com" 15/June/2000 05:27am >>> Anyone know who won them? Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001101bfd6b7$abc90360$56b4a4c1@thelimes> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: TMBG: Re: Puppet Heads -Reply Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:51:20 +0100 It wasn't me either (also UK based) but I've been drawing plans and collecting materials to make my own puppet heads based on my own cartoons (which eases the pain a little). ~ CD Squid > Don't know but as the competition was only open to USA > addresses it wasn't me! > Richard (UK based) > > >>> "Kaylum@aol.com" 15/June/2000 05:27am >>> > Anyone know who won them? > > Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000615111220.75015.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jill Tomamichel" Subject: TMBG: re: puppet heads and touring sadness. Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:12:20 PDT Hey - at least all you Brits know what the puppet heads look like! We get a tour, what, every ten years or something here in Australia. (All right, maybe I exaggerate - I'm female, OK?) ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: 15 Jun 2000 06:42:17 -0800 Message-ID: <-1251071161ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Puppet Heads Furfr@aol.com wrote: >...if you go to www.theymightbegiants.com these days, it says up at the >top that the heads are going to be auctioned off at emusic. Wait a second! Emusic can't ask people to enter to win a prize in a random drawing and then change it to an auction. That's fraud! And speaking of emusic scams, where is my WUFTM CD? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:35:08 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8iapgn$2j20$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Utah Show If you all remember, TMBG are playing in Salt Lake on the 4th of July. Back when the tickets went on sale, a group of us bought tickets and now two of my friends can't go because they have to work (on the 4th--how jacked is that?). Anyway, they want to unload their tickets. They're row 2 on the side of the stage (football stadium--no seating directly in front of the stage). If you're interested, send me an email. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000615144851.33976.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: re: puppet heads and touring sadness. Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:53:10 -0400 #1 I am female i dont exaggerate #2 the last tour in AU was in 96 Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill Tomamichel" To: Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 7:12 AM Subject: TMBG: re: puppet heads and touring sadness. > Hey - at least all you Brits know what the puppet heads look like! We get a > tour, what, every ten years or something here in Australia. (All right, > maybe I exaggerate - I'm female, OK?) > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000615145101.470.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Puppet Heads Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:55:35 -0400 When did you buy it, the 16th? its only been a month. No matter what individual company's say they will get it out in. You have to wait 6-8 weeks before you can tell Better Business Bureau or the like that they stole your money. > And speaking of emusic scams, where is my WUFTM CD? > > -B O N G O > > > ------------------------------ Date: 15 Jun 2000 09:04:31 -0800 Message-ID: <-1251062628ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: WUFTM CD Chrissy Rockwell wrote: >When did you buy it, the 16th? its only been a month. No matter what >individual company's say they will get it out in. You have to wait 6-8 >weeks before you can tell Better Business Bureau or the like that they stole >your money. I downloaded the WUFTM MP3s the second day it was available. I thought they said the CD would be sent out in 3 weeks. I'm not sure how long its been but its been over three weeks. I haven't seen anyone post that they received one yet. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000615121003.0095a6e0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:10:28 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM CD Emusic has had a lot of promotions like this. None of them have gone out on time. Be patient. :) -Adam At 09:04 AM 6/15/00 -0800, Bongo wrote: > I downloaded the WUFTM MP3s the second day it was available. I thought > they said the CD would be sent out in 3 weeks. I'm not sure how long its > been but its been over three weeks. I haven't seen anyone post that they > received one yet. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:02:05 -0400 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <8ib97j$2t2f$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Knitting and Waiting If it's anywhere near as small as the Knitting Factory in NYC, don't count on TMBG playing there.. They haven't played at the one in NYC in over five years. -Mike Bongo wrote in message news:-1251156317ggr@wlg.com... > > I recall talk of TMBG playing at a place in New York called The Knitting Factory a few times. Here in L.A. they just set up a Knitting Factory. It was scheduled to open last week ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:14:04 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM CD In a message dated 6/15/00 11:05:08 AM, ggr@wlg.com writes: > I downloaded the WUFTM MP3s the second day it was available. I thought >they said the CD would be sent out in 3 weeks. I'm not sure how long its >been but its been over three weeks. I haven't seen anyone post that they >received one yet. i 'ordered' the day after they were on conan... and i still don't have my cd, either, of course.. but i swear it said like.. "8 weeks" or something like that. maybe they underestimated the demand and keep pushing the wait longer. who knows.. sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger "most of america doesn't even listen to music probably. they just go racoon hunting or something." -- graham coxon ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000615222112.49635.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jill Tomamichel" Subject: TMBG: re: touring sadness Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:21:12 PDT The last TMBG tour down here (Aus) was when I was thirteen and both money-less and not allowed to venture out after dark. But I respect your knowledge. And I do tend to exaggerate more than most. Sorry. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <39498923.151@maristb.marist.edu> Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:55:47 -0400 From: Mike Subject: TMBG: The Mailing List Experience Saw this on another mailing list I subscribed to. Thought you all might like it: Copped from a friend's post on AOL: Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1,343 - 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed; 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently; 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs; 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs; 53 to flame the spell checkers; 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames; 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"; another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive; 156 to write to the list administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list; 109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to litebulb-list; 203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and illuminati-l about changing light bulbs be stopped; 111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this mail list; 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty; 27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs; 14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and the post the corrected URL's; 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list; 33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers and then add "Me too"; 12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy; 19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"; 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ; 44 to ask what is "FAQ"; 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago on Usenet?" 143 to ask "what's Usenet?" ------------ Mike ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:15:36 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <39499BD8.A4D26B62@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience Heh...funny. :o) -A Mike wrote: > > Saw this on another mailing list I subscribed to. Thought you all might > like it: > > Copped from a friend's post on AOL: > > Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a > light > bulb? > > A: 1,343 - > > 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light > bulb > > has been changed; > > 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the > light > bulb could have been changed differently; > > 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs; 27 to point out > spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs; > > 53 to flame the spell checkers; > > 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames; > > 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"; > another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive; > > 156 to write to the list administrator about the light bulb discussion > and > its inappropriateness to this mail list; > > 109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take > this > > email exchange to litebulb-list; > > 203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and > illuminati-l > about changing light bulbs be stopped; > > 111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light > bulbs > and > therefore the posts *are* relevant to this mail list; > > 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where > to > buy > the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this > technique > and what brands are faulty; > > 27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs; > > 14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and the post the > corrected > URL's; > > 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to > this > list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list; > > 33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and > footers and then add "Me too"; > > 12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot > handle > the light bulb controversy; > > 19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"; > > 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ; > > 44 to ask what is "FAQ"; > > 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago on > Usenet?" > > 143 to ask "what's Usenet?" > > ------------ > Mike ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-15 ******************************