Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 19 Tuesday, 20 June 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: TMBG on ESPN Re:TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG on ESPN Re:TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience Re:TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience TMBG: Not a TMBG refrence. TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly Re: TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly TMBG: Re: TMBG on ESPN Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:14:59 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <394E7F43.CF513D97@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on ESPN I'm not sure how that is a definite TMBG reference. SanFran was losing. The commentator may have been pointing out that they weren't so "giant" because they were losing. It sounds like it was more a feeble attempt to be funny than anything else. -A ps. this is just my OPINION. There's no need to flog me if you don't happen to agree. Scott Murry wrote: > > I was watching Sportscenter the other day when the commentator (I don't > remember which one) said, "At that point the Dodgers were leading They Might > Be Giants 4-2." (he was of course talking about the San Francisco Giants, > but this was a definate TMBG reference). I was just wondering if anybody > else on the list had caught that little TMBG plug...I get the Digest version > of the list and haven't checked it in a few days, so don't flame me if you > guys have already made this observation! > > Peace, > Scott > AKA the boy from LouisiAna(Ng) > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0006199614.AA961446796@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:33:10 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience Polaris sez: >> Saw this on another mailing list I subscribed to. Thought you all might >> like it: >> **snip** >Me too. aargh Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000619205924.65707.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG on ESPN Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:59:40 -0400 I agree with Scott though....if it wasnt on sports center i wouldnt. but sports center tends to be cool. good music in the background and such...maybe we can email him and see? Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrienne Spruill" To: Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 4:14 PM Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on ESPN > I'm not sure how that is a definite TMBG reference. SanFran was losing. > The commentator may have been pointing out that they weren't so "giant" > because they were losing. It sounds like it was more a feeble attempt to > be funny than anything else. > -A > ps. this is just my OPINION. There's no need to flog me if you don't > happen to agree. > > Scott Murry wrote: > > > > I was watching Sportscenter the other day when the commentator (I don't > > remember which one) said, "At that point the Dodgers were leading They Might > > Be Giants 4-2." (he was of course talking about the San Francisco Giants, > > but this was a definate TMBG reference). I was just wondering if anybody > > else on the list had caught that little TMBG plug...I get the Digest version > > of the list and haven't checked it in a few days, so don't flame me if you > > guys have already made this observation! > > > > Peace, > > Scott > > AKA the boy from LouisiAna(Ng) > > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:17:12 -0500 From: "Polaris" Message-ID: <8im9kg$24i1$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Re:TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience > >> Saw this on another mailing list I subscribed to. Thought you all might > >> like it: > **snip** > >Me too. > aargh If you could see what was snipped, you would find it was a joke. One of the things the original author said was how s/he hated people who quoted long things only to say something stupid like "Me too." Lighten up. "The key to happiness is to aargh less." -Uhh, me Polaris, who is aarghing at this moment. "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante Hicks New .sig tomorrow! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000620002645.48409.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: Re:TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:27:04 -0400 Maybe you need to lighten up because i took the ARGH as a joke too ----- Original Message ----- From: "Polaris" To: Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 7:17 PM Subject: Re: Re:TMBG: Re: The Mailing List Experience > > >> Saw this on another mailing list I subscribed to. Thought you all might > > >> like it: > > **snip** > > >Me too. > > aargh > If you could see what was snipped, you would find it was a joke. One of the > things the original author said was how s/he hated people who quoted long > things only to say something stupid like "Me too." > Lighten up. > "The key to happiness is to aargh less." -Uhh, me > > > > Polaris, who is aarghing at this moment. > "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante Hicks > New .sig tomorrow! > > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000620015208.75208.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Landis" Subject: TMBG: Not a TMBG refrence. Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:52:08 PDT My alarm clock woke me up two hours early this morning. So, with nothing else to do between five and seven, I watched cartoons. Apparently there's some crazy cartoon that seems to be based loosely on the Sonic The Hedgehog video games. The point is that the name of the episode was "Winner Fake All." I thought that was pretty cool, and should go down in history as one of the cooler false tmbg refrences. That's all. John "the third John" Landis * ------------------------------------------------------------- Hear a thought! Share a thought! Call my Dial-a-thought service at 1-877-608-1600 (ext. 538) It's a toll free call! ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000620020630.82102.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Bradley Gibson" Subject: TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:07:52 -0700 Forgive me if this has been mentioned already here for I am on the digest, but I just recived my copy of the July issue of CMJ New Music Monthly (with the Deftones on the and spotted a li'l one page bit on everyone's favorite accordion whielding John. It's called "In My Life" and the whole article is basically about John and his accordions. It mentions TMBG and State Songs and includes a pretty bad picture of him (in my opinion) surrounded by accordions while playing one of them. Anywhoo... I just thought the list would like to know (iffen you diddn't already, that is) and although I can't scan the picture, I can post a transcipt if anyone wants me to. Back to lurking... ~~blue_j ~~Bradley Gibson ~~James LeVeque ~Whatever you want. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <8e.69e8cdd.268033b0@aol.com> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:40:48 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly In a message dated 6/19/00 9:07:51 PM EST, blue_j@hotmail.com writes: << It mentions TMBG and State Songs and includes a pretty bad picture of him (in my opinion) surrounded by accordions while playing one of them. >> Bad picture? BAD PICTURE??? ::faints:: Kay, who is aware that Linnel *can* take a bad picture, but this ain't one of them ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <67.5ab7253.26803fe8@aol.com> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 23:32:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on ESPN I read a baseball weekly where they used the headline "They Might Be Giants" for an article about SF Giants lineup changes. But that was last year, so it's good you found one for this brave new season. Too bad the Indians are in second place and dropping like a rock. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-19 ******************************