Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 21 Thursday, 22 June 2000 Today's Topics: Re:TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly Transcript Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Re: TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0006219615.AA961595878@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:57:53 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly Transcript Thanks, j ! So. You never did say Exactly how that picture makes you feel...... C'mon, share it with the rest of the class.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Message-ID: <26.757d2a7.268291f0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:47:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring In a message dated 6/21/00 2:07:18 AM, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org writes: << Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:22:34 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <395026EA.AE70ACA9@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring That's funny. I was at the April 29 show in Binghamton and I noticed that neither of the John's had their weddinf bands on. Hmmmm. -A >> Well, perhaps they discovered it's difficult to play accordion/bass clarinet/the Stick/whatever with a big ol' ring in the way of your fingering. Of course, I don't play anything, so maybe that theory is crap. Anyway, people take their wedding rings off for reasons other than divorce. Maybe John had to scrub the toilet one day and just forgot to put it back on. (Other, more plausible explanations undoubtedly exist...) --Christy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000621215829.93182.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:59:06 -0400 I know my mother wears both her and my fathers wedding ring because he cant get it on anymore.. I wear my engagement ring around my neck because rings are just plain uncomfortable...and even though i say i will not to that with my wedding band...i see it happening...rings drive me nuts Chrissy > Of course, I don't play anything, so maybe that theory is crap. Anyway, > people take their wedding rings off for reasons other than divorce. Maybe > John had to scrub the toilet one day and just forgot to put it back on. > (Other, more plausible explanations undoubtedly exist...) > > --Christy > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:00:31 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8irdrl$1ja6$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Perhaps they wanted to send the message to all the ladies that they were on the road and their wives were at home... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000621220736.23767.qmail@web217.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:07:36 -0700 (PDT) From: Nancy Shaffer Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring > Well, perhaps they discovered it's difficult to play > accordion/bass > clarinet/the Stick/whatever with a big ol' ring in > the way of your fingering. > Of course, I don't play anything, so maybe that > theory is crap. Anyway, > people take their wedding rings off for reasons > other than divorce. Maybe > John had to scrub the toilet one day and just forgot > to put it back on. > (Other, more plausible explanations undoubtedly > exist...) Yeah. I play both the violin and keyboard, and all the concentrated manual activitiy sometimes causes my fingers to swell. It makes rings both uncomfortable and inconvenient to remove, so I don't bother anymore. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send instant messages with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005b01bfdbd0$5bace040$be1a99ce@aah1084access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:30:51 -0400 Wouldn't your engagement ring get a little tight around your neck? I mean, if it's uncomfortable on your finger..... Amy :) I know my mother wears both her and my fathers wedding ring because he cant get it on anymore.. I wear my engagement ring around my neck because rings are just plain uncomfortable...and even though i say i will not to that with my wedding band...i see it happening...rings drive me nuts Chrissy > Of course, I don't play anything, so maybe that theory is crap. Anyway, > people take their wedding rings off for reasons other than divorce. Maybe > John had to scrub the toilet one day and just forgot to put it back on. > (Other, more plausible explanations undoubtedly exist...) > > --Christy > [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <43.6731a04.26829bdd@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:29:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell in CMJ New Music Monthly << << >> although I can't scan the picture, I can post a > transcipt if anyone wants me to. > >> I would love to see a transcript. >> I would love to see the picture :( Lydia Missing Out On Good Stuff Since 1837 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000621223252.74623.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:33:26 -0400 On a chain around my neck and its not tight on my finger...i just dont like thingies on my hands Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: Amy :) To: They Might Have a Mailing List Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 6:30 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: Missing Ring Wouldn't your engagement ring get a little tight around your neck? I mean, if it's uncomfortable on your finger..... Amy :) I know my mother wears both her and my fathers wedding ring because he cant get it on anymore.. I wear my engagement ring around my neck because rings are just plain uncomfortable...and even though i say i will not to that with my wedding band...i see it happening...rings drive me nuts Chrissy > Of course, I don't play anything, so maybe that theory is crap. Anyway, > people take their wedding rings off for reasons other than divorce. Maybe > John had to scrub the toilet one day and just forgot to put it back on. > (Other, more plausible explanations undoubtedly exist...) > > --Christy > [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] And I don't want to be the first in line to see the Missing Ring. I expect that it doesn't matter to the Missing Ring. Playing accordion and clarinet are things John's wife can understand Because she's happy that he finally took her hand. Mrs. Train! Missing head! Get it? Can't blame me. I tried. "A good, honest try." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-21 ******************************