Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 26 Tuesday, 27 June 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: trainspotting Re[2]: TMBG: Re:state songs TMBG: Re: Re:state songs TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #30-25 TMBG: Re:state songs Re:TMBG: Re:state songs Re: TMBG: Re:state songs TMBG: Re: State songs Re: TMBG: Re:state songs TMBG: St. Louis, MO Show??? TMBG: Rare TMBG CD's in the DC Area TMBG: Dumb joke TMBG reference. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000626134429.78021.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: trainspotting Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:45:38 -0400 http://www.salon.com/tech/col/rose/2000/02/04/napster_swap/index1.html at the bottom of the page "And now, excuse me, there are some rare They Might Be Giants tracks I want to find and download." ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0006269620.AA962028840@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:13:52 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re:state songs Nathan Mulac Detroit, umm, I mean DeHoff, sorry bout that.... sez: >>"Going Montana"? Is that some new expression?<< I think "going Montana" may be an etymological (sp?) derivation of Frank Zappa's "Going to Montana Soon", as in "Just me & the pygmy pony over by the dental floss bush". Course, I could be wrong. Stranger things have happened. Move around folks, push em back there, move along, show's over, folks, let im breathe, step lively..... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:40:57 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8j7pvf$23hc$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Re:state songs My favorites are: 1. Iowa 2. South Carolina 3. West Virginia 4. Songs of the 50 States, The 5. Michigan 6. Maine 7. New Hampshire 8. Arkansas 9. Montana 10. Oregon 11. Pennsylvania 12. Utah 13. Illinois 14. Mississippi 15. Nevada 16. Idaho P.S. Nevada would be further up my list (say, #10) if it had stayed more like the EP version. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <39576C76.6BE348CA@st.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:45:10 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #30-25 > Message-ID: <20000625223148.1908.qmail@web208.mail.yahoo.com> > Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:31:48 -0700 (PDT) > From: Claire Gray > Subject: TMBG: The Return Of Mysterio Gal > Of course, andter such a long leave, I have a few > questions... > 3) What's up with Russ Josephson and his bootleg > hijinks? And, if he's still making them, did he catch > their last performance on Late Night w/ Conan O' > Brian? > ===== > Mysterio Gal (Darth Myst) > mysterio_gal@juno.com > send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com > Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 Hi and welcome back Mysterio Gal. And I _am_ working on Volume 4--just got a couple of Instore appearances by The Statesmen! That should give me enough material--woo-hoo-hoo! I went on vacation the first week of this month to my new mountain get-a-way and then two days after I got home, my cabin burned to the ground in a forest fire -- totally :( (See photo on http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/personal.htm) So I've been too preoccupied to do anything lately. I've also been swamped by trying to do too many things at the same time. I want to do a Joe Jackson Vol. 2 video, for example. ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <011601bfdf82$26811700$82794ac7@jbl010.acns.nwu.edu> From: "Jamie Lipton" Subject: TMBG: Re:state songs Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:21:07 -0500 Why does no one seem to be a big fan of Idaho or Oregon? Those are hilarious. I remember someone saying they liked Arkansas because they play euphonium. I'm a euphonium player, too - but I was told that the Arkansas solo is a French horn. Does anyone know the real truth? - MCDC ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0006269620.AA962033992@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:39:43 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re:state songs Jamie sez: >>Why does no one seem to be a big fan of Idaho or Oregon? Those are >hilarious. Oregon is bad. Stop it if you can. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000626160041.64509.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:state songs Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:00:41 GMT Jamie Lipton: >Why does no one seem to be a big fan of Idaho or Oregon? Those are >hilarious. I like "Oregon," and "Idaho" has great lyrics, but I wonder if people tend to ignore the latter because it's slow. I know it often takes me a while to appreciate the slower numbers. >I remember someone saying they liked Arkansas because they play euphonium. >I'm a euphonium player, too - but I was told that the Arkansas solo is a >French horn. Does anyone know the real truth? I'm pretty sure it's a French horn. I don't believe the liner notes credit a euphonium player. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000626180141.90821.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kristy Norman" Subject: TMBG: Re: State songs Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:01:41 GMT Hey, Sam (who hasn't returned my email yet)! I like "Pennsylvania"... uh, partially cuz it's the only one I've ever consciously heard , and partially b/c my boyfriend was singing it at me (and at everyone else) for at least 2 days before he came to see me the first time!!! hehehe.... My best friend hates it -- perhaps John Linell (and TMBG for that matter, since he's not too keen on them either and runs away screaming any time I hit "play" on my cd player cuz he knows what's coming) is an acquired taste? -- because it gets stuck in my head for hours upon hours. I've gotten some really strange looks at work for the stuff I run around singing!! Namely, "PA," "I've Got a Match," and "Don't Let's Start" (the song that got me obsessed...). Don't anyone beat me for being ignorant... I'm getting there, really I am (any help is appreciated). Just ask my boyfriend, I've come a *long* way since the day I fell for John F. at the show in Cabrini!!! Kristy All hail Justin's Alien Kitten Goddess Angel-Princess of the Squirrels, the Universe and Everything ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:13:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:state songs In a message dated 6/26/00 11:19:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, j-lipton@nwu.edu writes: << I remember someone saying they liked Arkansas because they play euphonium. I'm a euphonium player, too - but I was told that the Arkansas solo is a French horn. Does anyone know the real truth? >> It may even be a Flugelhorn. Probably not, but just maybe a Flugelhorn or a Melophone. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001101bfdfaf$83de0660$bccdfe3f@oemcomputer> From: "PAT ACQUISTO" Subject: TMBG: St. Louis, MO Show??? Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:43:25 -0500 Organization: Prodigy Internet A while ago someone mentioned wanting to go to the TMBG show in St. Louis but I was unaware that there is one. Is there a St. Louis concert coming up anytime soon that I don't know about; or did the person who posted it merely confuse it with the Chicago show??? nick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000626233748.93561.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: TMBG: Rare TMBG CD's in the DC Area Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 19:37:48 EDT I know this is probably a redundant/impossible/stupid question, but have any TMBG fans in the DC area had success in finding out of print TMBG cd's/ep's in local cd trader stores, please e-mail me. Any Help Is Appreciated --Matt ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:02:20 EDT Subject: TMBG: Dumb joke TMBG reference. I was watching Rugrats with my siters and the little twin girl lil says that if she was a dog she'd go sleep in the flowers ha ha ha but I knew she was talking about tmbg and she was talking especially to me because she knows i'm her biggest fan even after the stalking incident but it's okay now and all "Time to take my Ritalin!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-26 ******************************