Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 28 Thursday, 29 June 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: wierd looks Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa Re[2]: TMBG: Re: iowa Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa TMBG: Re: Area 51 (S4) and Roswell... Re: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: iowa Re: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa NON TMBG: Area 51 TMBG: tmbg cover band, Vancouver TMBG: Just a thought TMBG: eCircles: Join us at "They Might Be Giants"! Re: TMBG: Just a thought Re: TMBG: Just a thought Re: TMBG: tmbg cover band, Vancouver Re: Banghor, ME (was Re: TMBG: Re: iowa ) TMBG: growl TMBG: Re: Growl Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000628073019.29582.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "*SUPER SPANGER*" Subject: TMBG: Re: wierd looks Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:30:19 EST Weird looks is all I ever get. Try sitting on the bus going "They call me doctor worm, good morning how are you..." " I'm 3 days from New York city and I'm 3 days from you..." I'm sure they think i'm 1.on the wrong bus 2. on "some thing" 3. gotten out from the institute Living in Oz, the actual number of people who have heard TMBG is tiny so basically any song gets a super funny look. C'YA Sam "This is where the party ends. I can't stand here listening to you and your racist friend" TMBG. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0006289621.AA962197696@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:08:08 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa Well, nobody said That....... ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa Author: "makebase" Date: 06/27/00 4:29 PM Thanks. It's good to know I'm not crazy. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0006289621.AA962197884@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:11:16 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: iowa Poor, gullible, deluded fool..... chalk up another success for the governmental brain-washing program. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: iowa Author: Date: 06/27/00 5:31 PM and I do live in Iowa......? Harlan Muir DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:46:12 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8jd31c$1nco$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa Thanks for setting me straight. An unnoticed strain of dillusional sanity is hard to live with. karinh@sterl.com wrote in message <0006289621.AA962197696@smtplink.sterl.com>... >Well, nobody said That....... > >____________________Reply Separator____________________ >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa >Author: "makebase" >Date: 06/27/00 4:29 PM > >Thanks. It's good to know I'm not crazy. > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:51:06 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8jd3ah$1njo$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Area 51 (S4) and Roswell... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01BFE0DD.FF3DD5E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My gracious thanks to his honor, the stately Abassador to the Great = State of New Mexico. From, the newly announced Independent candidate for Director ofthe = Utah State Department of All Things Giant. Vote for me in November. ------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01BFE0DD.FF3DD5E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
My gracious thanks to his honor, the = stately=20 Abassador to the Great State of New Mexico.

From, the newly announced Independent = candidate=20 for Director ofthe Utah State Department of All Things = Giant. =20 Vote for me in November.
------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01BFE0DD.FF3DD5E0-- ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: <48.76ac125.268b7a7a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:57:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa That's the new area 51.......I think I read in a popular mechanics magazine that they shut the old one down Harlan Muir DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:04:11 EDT Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: iowa Why am I a poor, gullible, deluded fool twice? Harlan Muir DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:25:53 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8jd8s8$1qoc$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: iowa This may show how much of a sci-fi/paranormal fan, Mulder-like geek I am, but from what I've heard, the "old Area 51" is in Nevada and the Evil Government's main work with extra-terrestrial technology has now moved from there to multiple other sites in the West (like in Utah and Colorado). BUT, the watchdogs also say that weird stuff is still going on back in the Nevada desert. And for conclusive proof of all of this, Area 51 was featured in Independence Day, so it has to be still there and operating, right? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006401bfe127$45d93460$a600a8c0@icka.net> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: NON TMBG: Area 51 Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:35:36 -0600 Alrighty... Here's how things are. Area 51 is near Nellis AFB, out in the middle of the Nevadan desert. Its existance was officially announced by the United States govt in 1998 as "a testing facility for skunkworks aircraft". They'll never admit to the whole UFO thing, if it's true. And since it now officially exists, there's no way they'd continue to operate the base in the same manner. Area 52 (they don't keep reusing the same numbers, see) is on a small island in the South Pacific, from what I've heard. The govt recently purchased a huge strip of airspace from mid New Mexico all the way up to mid Colorado, and immediately restricted private and commercial air traffic in that area. My assumption is that, since they did this shortly before announcing 51's existance, this is where their new Skunkworks base is. Presumably Area 53. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my NEW AND IMPROVED web page... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/webcam.html (Webcam for those of you who have nothing better to do than stare at my mug all day.) AND a MUSH, too... (Based on Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels.) telnet://mush1.nis4u.com:4201 [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: 28 Jun 2000 11:06:29 -0700 From: Krzys Majewski Message-ID: <874s6dy922.fsf@buka.krzys.com> Organization: University of British Columbia Subject: TMBG: tmbg cover band, Vancouver I just spent all morning learning the basslines to Factory Showroom, so I figured I might as well come out of the closet. If there's anyone in Vancouver who wants to play Giants tunes, or something, mail me, doesn't matter what you play or sing (I play electric bass, as you might have guessed). -chris ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000628191813.12211.rocketmail@web221.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:18:13 -0700 (PDT) From: Claire Gray Subject: TMBG: Just a thought Hey fellow listees, I've been thinking. It might be fun to create and Ecircles group for the list, and any other TMBG fans, mainly the list. What's Ecircles you may/may not ask? Well it all started like this. Durring the height of my Darth Maul obssession, the group of Darth Maul Estrogen Brigaders started an ecircles group. It's the sorta place where all the members upload pix of themselves, and could say a little something about themselves, basically a place to get to know your fellow listees better. It also has a message board, and a profile thingie. People can upload stuff when they feel like it (very nice), and other people can write comments on these said pics that will show up directly beneath. Personally, i've had much fun, with this. The Galleries at the Brigade range from Darth Maul to Sexxy Bald Men, to Sithly People, and Personal Art Galleries. I also discovered there was a They Might Be Giants fan amoung the brigaders when I submited my picture, Darth Linnell to the sithly people gallery. Basically I took the factory Showroom poster face, and gave him Darth Maul tatoos on photoshop. They Might Be Sith HAHA. The thing is, is you wish to join, you must be invited. I considered just inviting the list, but want to make sure enough people are interested, so let me know, and I'll get a TMBG ecircle started. For more info on ecircles go to www.ecircles.com ===== Mysterio Gal (Darth Myst) mysterio_gal@juno.com send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:35:00 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <200006281935.MAA41125@a00-s14.ecircles.com> From: mr_realgal@yahoo.com Subject: TMBG: eCircles: Join us at "They Might Be Giants"! This is a multi-part message in MIME format... ------------=_962220877-40872-1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Disposition: inline Hello tmbg-list@tmbg.org, Well, I decided to go ahead ands invite the whole list (just too darn excited). Please feel free to contribute, and participate. From my own experience it's a lot of fun To visit They Might Be Giants, go to http://www.ecircles.com/magic/d.cgi?k=8ZpSMi-4ZuB. I hope you'll join me there! Having trouble? You can also copy and paste the link into your web browser. While you're there, click the "Log In" button to sign up for eCircles so you can get back to "They Might Be Giants" easily in the future. Also, feel free to check out the other things in "They Might Be Giants" and add some stuff of your own. - Claire Please note: After you visit you may get email from people in "They Might Be Giants" or other updates from eCircles eCircles. (You can always turn this email off.) eCircles is the simple, private way for friends and family to stay in touch, coordinate activities, and share information. http://www.ecircles.com ------------=_962220877-40872-1 Content-Type: text/html Content-Disposition: inline eCircles E-mail
eCircles logo
Hello tmbg-list@tmbg.org,

Well, I decided to go ahead ands invite the whole list (just too darn excited). Please feel free to contribute, and participate. From my own experience it's a lot of fun

To visit "They Might Be Giants", click the button below. I hope you'll join me there!

Respond to Invitation

While you're there, click the "Log In" button to sign up for eCircles so you can get back to "They Might Be Giants" easily in the future. Also, feel free to check out the other things in "They Might Be Giants" and add some stuff of your own.

- Claire

Please note: After you visit you may get email from people in "They Might Be Giants" or other updates from eCircles. (You can always turn this email off.)

Having trouble? You can also copy and paste it into your web browser. http://www.ecircles.com/magic/d.cgi?k=8ZpSMi-4ZuB

eCircles is the simple, private way for friends and family to stay in touch,
coordinate activities, and share information. http://www.ecircles.com

------------=_962220877-40872-1-- ------------------------------ Date: 28 Jun 2000 14:36:24 -0800 Message-ID: <-1249919514ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a thought On Thursday, August 17, 1939, Claire Gray wrote: >Hey fellow listees, I've been thinking. It might be >fun to create and Ecircles group for the list, and any >other TMBG fans, mainly the list. > > I think the TMBG offtopic list at egroups has a similar thing. I could be wrong though. I haven't been there in centuries. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:44:18 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8jdrhc$25cv$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a thought >I think the TMBG offtopic list at egroups has a similar thing. I could be >wrong though. I haven't been there in centuries. I thought this WAS the off topic list. Doh! ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:40:08 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg cover band, Vancouver In a message dated 6/28/00 11:10:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time, krzys@cs.mcgill.ca writes: > I just spent all morning learning the basslines to Factory Showroom, > so I figured I might as well come out of the closet. If there's anyone > in Vancouver who wants to play Giants tunes, or something, mail me, > doesn't matter what you play or sing (I play electric bass, as you > might have guessed). -chris Ummmm, which Vancouver would that be? WA or BC? -Kreadoubt, Living in between the two "It's just a full days drive away" ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <69.6f29f06.268c190d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:14:21 EDT Subject: Re: Banghor, ME (was Re: TMBG: Re: iowa ) In a message dated 6/28/00 12:39:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, thehangedman@death-star.com writes: << >Hey, I have family in Maine. Actually in Banghor, ME. Isn't that where Stephen King lives? >> Actually, I think that it is. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000629041229.53773.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kristy Norman" Subject: TMBG: growl Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:12:29 GMT I just *have* to go change my subscription from digest to... well, whatever the hell the individual email thing is called. I could have responded to like 6 of those posts! And reading the digest gave me a headache!! I'm thinkin... Maine's gotta exist, cuz otherwise we wouldn't have lobsters. And I'm so pleased to have started a discussion about Iowa's lack of existence. You people are great!! Don't feel homeless, those of you from Iowa... you actually *do* belong to another state. Honest. With regard to "weird looks": I once looked at my friend and said "youth culture killed my dog," in this totally serious, thoughtful way... well, needless to say, he though I was a total nutcase. 'Course, he also hates TMBG. Sigh... And yesterday the one cook and I were running through the kitchen at Chi-Chi's belting "Dr. Worm".... What great fun!!! 'Til the manager asked me if I was alright. hehe... I've gotten some odd looks too for The Nields' "Mr. Right Now," as in: "all these things that you promised to me don't mean nothin if you don't wanna do me right now" (right, Pyro?)... any crossover fans of TMBG *and* TN? You know, it's a good thing you don't have to be a fan to get into shows... or I wouldn't be who I am today. Cuz I fell in love with John F. at a show *before* I'd heard... well, anything but Flood. I went... cuz my boy went. hehe... I was scared. I was like curled up in the corner by the stage (on the floor!) when... they were making disembodied heads sing. Don't hurt me!!!! I'm just a really scared kitty!!! Honest! Don't beat me cuz I am frightened of them! I jumped a mile at the cannon sound/spray, too! Promise! And for the record, Pyro is the cutest boy in the whole world. So you know. Kristy All hail Justin's Alien Kitten Goddess Angel-Princess of the Squirrels, the Universe and Everything ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <6e.a76b9f.268c2809@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:18:17 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Growl I live in Ohio. I got some Iowa sittin in my basement. And hell, there's some Maine on my neighboor's roof. It goes south when it snows. P.S: A habit on this list (at least for me) is sending the E-mail by accident to the person who sent it instead of the list. Sorry! "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-28 ******************************