Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-29 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 29 Friday, 30 June 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Just a thought Re: TMBG: Just a thought Re: TMBG: Just a thought TMBG: Iowa... Re: TMBG: Iowa... Re: TMBG: Iowa... Re[2]: TMBG: Iowa... TMBG: Re: Iowa... Re: TMBG: growl Re: TMBG: growl Re: TMBG: growl Re: TMBG: tmbg cover band, Vancouver Re: TMBG: growl [Fwd: TMBG: Iowa...] TMBG: that guy Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:13:19 -0500 From: "Polaris" Message-ID: <8jfp11$306i$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a thought > >Hey fellow listees, I've been thinking. It might be > >fun to create and Ecircles group for the list, and any > >other TMBG fans, mainly the list. > I think the TMBG offtopic list at egroups has a similar thing. I could be wrong though. I haven't been there in centuries. I thought alt.music.tmbg was the offtopic list. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:17:48 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8jfp8l$30ct$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a thought >I thought alt.music.tmbg was the offtopic list. It certainly seems that way doesn't it? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000629152106.23530.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Just a thought Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:21:06 GMT Polaris: > > >Hey fellow listees, I've been thinking. It might be > > >fun to create and Ecircles group for the list, and any > > >other TMBG fans, mainly the list. > > I think the TMBG offtopic list at egroups has a similar thing. I >could >be wrong though. I haven't been there in centuries. >I thought alt.music.tmbg was the offtopic list. No, it's the anti-topic list. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: <37.6e75616.268ce02e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:23:58 EDT Subject: TMBG: Iowa... If those of us who are from "Iowa" really belong to another state...I would probably say I want to belong to New York. TMBG never come here! Harlan Muir (Self Proclaimed TMBG Ambassador of "Iowa") DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.2.7.2.20000629131712.00abd7e0@martin.luther.edu> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:17:57 -0500 From: Tarsi Subject: Re: TMBG: Iowa... At 01:23 PM 6/29/00 -0400, you wrote: >If those of us who are from "Iowa" really belong to another state...I would >probably say I want to belong to New York. TMBG never come here! THEY did, actually, last year around April to Des Moines. But since then, we've seen a dry spell.....oh, I want my Johns! Tarsi 210 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:25:05 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8jg47p$4oq$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Iowa... >>If those of us who are from "Iowa" really belong to another state...I would >>probably say I want to belong to New York. TMBG never come here! > >THEY did, actually, last year around April to Des Moines. But since then, >we've seen a dry spell.....oh, I want my Johns! They don't come here that often, either (like once in two years), but They will be here on Tuesday! Woo hoo! Sorry. Didn't mean to rub it in. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0006299623.AA962303435@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:30:27 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Iowa... Tarsi sez: >>If those of us who are from "Iowa" really belong to another state...I would >>probably say I want to belong to New York. TMBG never come here! >THEY did, actually, last year around April to Des Moines. But since >then, >we've seen a dry spell.....oh, I want my Johns! >Tarsi >210 Tarsi's got a Johns jones !!! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:56:12 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <395BB7EC.AB53DE30@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Iowa... New York is the best state there is and not only because the John's live and play here. :o) -acs DrSaxx@aol.com wrote: > > If those of us who are from "Iowa" really belong to another state...I would > probably say I want to belong to New York. TMBG never come here! > > Harlan Muir (Self Proclaimed TMBG Ambassador of "Iowa") > DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <395BF8F5.249A4780@fruhead.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:33:41 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: growl Kristy Norman wrote: > some odd looks too for The Nields' "Mr. Right Now," as in: "all these > things that you promised to me don't mean nothin if you don't wanna do me > right now" (right, Pyro?)... any crossover fans of TMBG *and* TN? indeed there are. ok, maybe we're the only ones, but I'd have a hard time believing that. :) and to those who haven't heard the Nields, I strongly recommend that you run right out to your local music store and pick up a copy of their latest album, "If You Lived Here, You'd be Home Now," which has on it "Mr. Right Now," along with 13 other great songs, and "Forever." :) -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "And I don't know whether I believe in me, but I still believe in my friends." -The Nields ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <69.6f9087d.268d6048@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:30:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: growl In a message dated 6/29/00 9:32:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes: << and to those who haven't heard the Nields, I strongly recommend that you run right out to your local music store and pick up a copy of their latest album, "If You Lived Here, You'd be Home Now," which has on it "Mr. Right Now," along with 13 other great songs, and "Forever." :) >> I don't know who the nields are, but I know their album name comes from Firesign Theatre. Cool! I'll have to check them out. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000630023403.76060.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: growl Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:35:48 -0400 I would recommend Gotta Get Over Gretta...that was their breakthrough album. Though their albums before were very good. I dont like the first album that well...except mr right now and forever. :D Chrissy > and to those who haven't heard the Nields, I strongly recommend that you run > right out to your local music store and pick up a copy of their latest album, > "If You Lived Here, You'd be Home Now," which has on it "Mr. Right Now," along > with 13 other great songs, and "Forever." :) > -- > lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com > "And I don't know whether I believe in me, > but I still believe in my friends." -The Nields > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <395C2692.FF825918@scoom.8m.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:48:18 -0700 From: Frogstar Organization: Dragonet Designs Webpage Building Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg cover band, Vancouver Krzys Majewski wrote: > > I just spent all morning learning the basslines to Factory Showroom, > so I figured I might as well come out of the closet. If there's anyone > in Vancouver who wants to play Giants tunes, or something, mail me, > doesn't matter what you play or sing (I play electric bass, as you > might have guessed). -chris You wouldn't happen to have any of those bass lines tabbed out or anything would you? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <395C0DC2.821FD3B4@fruhead.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:02:26 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: growl CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com wrote: > I don't know who the nields are, but I know their album name comes from > Firesign Theatre. Cool! I'll have to check them out. well, it's from a lot of places, I think... when I was on my way to a Nields concert in Philadelphia a couple of months ago, I passed a new housing development that had a huge banner across it that said "If you lived here, you'd be home now..." and found it amusing, given where I was headed to. -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "And I don't know whether I believe in me, but I still believe in my friends." -The Nields ------------------------------ Message-ID: <395C28D6.DAB2241@scoom.8m.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:57:58 -0700 From: Frogstar Organization: Dragonet Designs Webpage Building Subject: [Fwd: TMBG: Iowa...] Frogstar wrote: > > Tarsi wrote: > > > > At 01:23 PM 6/29/00 -0400, you wrote: > > >If those of us who are from "Iowa" really belong to another state...I would > > >probably say I want to belong to New York. TMBG never come here! > > > > THEY did, actually, last year around April to Des Moines. But since then, > > we've seen a dry spell.....oh, I want my Johns! > > > > Tarsi > > 210 > > Oh Yeah, Well when was the last time They visited Southern Indiana? Huh? > > By the way, who are the Niles or whatever? > > "Time is a drug, too much of it kills you." > -Terry Prachett ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: <54.5f10a94.268d6e76@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:31:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: that guy does anyone know who the guy in pretty much all of the videos is (i.e. puppet head, don't lets start, birdhouse(on the eyeglasses things) or is he "that guy" that no one knows who he is? Harlan Muir Self Proclaimed TMBG ambassador of "Iowa" DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-29 ******************************