Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #30-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 30, Number 5 Monday, 5 June 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG:intermission in Baltimore TMBG: Tmbg on Kablam? Re: TMBG: Tmbg on Kablam? TMBG: House of Mayors Mystery Line Re: NON-TMBG: drummers Re: NON-TMBG: drummers Re: NON-TMBG: drummers Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <9a.5a9a365.266b5f1a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 03:28:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:intermission in Baltimore In a message dated 6/3/00 11:55:32 PM EST, MsTanbul@aol.com writes: << I was at the Fells Point Corner Theatre in Baltimore tonight for 6 one act plays called Mere Mortals. Before and between several of the plays, TMBG was the majority of the music playing, with others being Mono Puff, Moxy Fruvous (King of Spain went particularly well with one of the plays), and some Beatles, Pogues, and even Julie Andrews. During the majority of intermission, selections from Apollo 18 were playing (Fingertips was so appropriate ... several short songs to complement several short plays). Certainly added to my enjoyment, and I liked hearing the audience comment on the music selections. Too bad the show closes tomorrow. >> Wow, that's really cool! GREAT selection of music...do you remember any of the comments? Kay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20000604123924.007e8730@markside.com> Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 12:39:24 -0500 From: PCD2 Subject: TMBG: Tmbg on Kablam? I just saw the sun is a mass on kablam in video form. It was horrible. Just thaught you would like to know. PsychoCody Asthmatic Enemy of God http://2pi.iceshop.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.20000604134000.00950980@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 13:42:49 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg on Kablam? LOL! I caught it too, although I didn't think it was that bad, especially considering that it was on a kid's show and made for next to nothing. Oh, and for those who asked before, it was indeed a live version (sounds much more like the STD version than the Live!! NYC recording), although the way it was edited, I can see why people might've thought it was a studio recording... -Adam At 12:39 PM 6/4/00 -0500, PCD2 wrote: >I just saw the sun is a mass on kablam in video form. It was horrible. Just >thaught you would like to know. ------------------------------ From: garrett27@juno.com Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 13:37:27 -0700 Subject: TMBG: House of Mayors Mystery Line Message-ID: <20000604.133735.-283817.0.Garrett27@juno.com> I'm fairly sure that the line is one of these: "His anemical lawyer will land his attack" "He's anemic, a lawyer will land his attack" I think it's the second one, even though it doesn't fit the context as much, it sounds more like he's saying "he's" and also, I don't think anemical is a word, just anemic. I'm almost positive that it's "lawyer will land his attack". That's my take. Garrett ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 19:19:22 -0500 From: "Polaris" Message-ID: <8herl8$jqq$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: drummers > I don't know why I just thought of this, but how come when bands perform > live, the drummers are sometimes in those glass (or plastic, I don't > know) compartments? > Just curious. I know that on this list there's some musicians and others > in the know who could probably answer this for me, so I thought I'd ask. Drummers breathe nitrous oxide, not oxygen. They need a special atmosphere. Polaris "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante Hicks ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <55.6c94814.266c4da8@aol.com> Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 20:26:16 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: drummers In a message dated 6/4/00 8:21:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, polariswm@hotmail.com writes: > > I don't know why I just thought of this, but how come when bands perform > > live, the drummers are sometimes in those glass (or plastic, I don't > > know) compartments? The fans. A guitarist, vocalist, or bassist can readily dodge thrown objects. A drummer can't get out of the way of a beercan and keep playing. H_X, all of you should go see "The Filth And The Fury," it's wonderful. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 22:27:14 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <393B1002.1FCBE8A@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: drummers to dodge various objects thrown by not so bright audience members. -A Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > > I don't know why I just thought of this, but how come when bands perform > live, the drummers are sometimes in those glass (or plastic, I don't > know) compartments? > > Just curious. I know that on this list there's some musicians and others > in the know who could probably answer this for me, so I thought I'd ask. > > Dexter Flansburgh > http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb > http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #30-5 *****************************