Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 10 Monday, 10 July 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck TMBG: my bumpah/No! Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion TMBG: help with house of blues concert.. TMBG: Ultimate TMBG CD Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: Re: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck Re: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck Re: TMBG: my bumpah/No! TMBG: ultimate TMBG album, sorta TMBG: The TMBG album TMBG: Mad Joshua Fried references. Re: TMBG: Mad Joshua Fried references. Re: TMBG: Mad TV Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: The TMBG album TMBG: Blueman Re: TMBG: The TMBG album Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: Blueman TMBG: Re-vamped list TMBG: Re: Blueman TMBG: Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 00:22:04 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8k9604$28n3$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck > Beside the Snail Shell video when else has Linnell worn a turtle neck? I think he wears one in the Birdhouse video (maybe The Statue Got Me High too). ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <6a.485bba7.2699ebd9@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 10:53:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion You skipped Fingetips!! Jon ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <11.626cde3.2699ec14@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 10:54:12 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Nevermind...sorry. Jon ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:02:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck I like the coat he's wearing in Puppet Head. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000709152255.47515.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 15:22:55 GMT Okay, I'm not going to quote anything, since I'm sure everyone knows the deal by now. Here's my list: 0. Token Back To Brooklyn 1. Ana Ng 2. Birdhouse In Your Soul 3. Sleeping In The Flowers (or maybe Number Three, just to give it the coveted space) 4. Purple Toupee 5. NyQuil Driver 6. The Statue Got Me High 7. It's Not My Birthday 8. The Guitar 9. Dinner Bell (although "Reprehensible" comes really close; why did they both have to be number nine?) 10. James K. Polk 11. She's An Angel 12. Which Describes How You're Feeling 13. See The Constellation 14. They'll Need A Crane 15. Shoehorn With Teeth 16. Hope That I Get Old Before I Die 17. Snowball In Hell 18. Kiss Me, Son Of God 19. Rhythm Section Want Ad 20. The End Of The Tour 21. Escape From The Planet Of The Apes 22-37. Fingertips 38. Space Suit -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:00:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck ...and don't forget in the tiny toon videos When Plucky duck is suppose to be dressed as Linnell in the Istanbul one, he's wearing a turtle neck.... ~^v^~Amber the Transcendent of The Alterians~^v^~ ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Message-ID: <28.7c28f43.269a0966@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:59:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: my bumpah/No! << Still, I'm glad I'm getting it regardless of the extra weeks to wait for it. At least we're going to receive it at all, unlike a certain TMBG-list t-shirt that was promised to us. -Matt >> Oh, will the slings and arrows never cease... Anyhow, I decided not to put the bumper sticker on my car because I do already have the Skull window sticker on it, and I guess that's all the TMBG karma I need. Thanks for the input, y'all. It's funny, because the Washington Post ran this article a couple days ago about the disappearance of bumper stickers in recent years, which they attributed some to the disappearance of distinct bumpers, using the New Beetle as a prime example... sigh! Now, is Waiting For Bob the comic strip where the guy brings his girlfriend to a Fruvous concert and teaches her to do the "played some Nintendo" bit and she leaves wanting to marry the bassist, and then she makes Beanie Babies of them or something? I think I've seen that one... Does anyone know when "No!" is due out? I vaguely remember a discussion about this a while back, but I can't remember what the consensus was, and my browser is temporarily busted so I can't check the website. --Christy ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <70.f25943.269a153a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 13:49:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion In a message dated 7/9/00 12:56:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes: << now, here's one - if you were to make a mix of all your favourite bands, 20 tracks long, following the same rule, what would it be? here's mine... (er, ok, so this is more difficult than I thought - it seems bands like putting their best songs at 1, 3, 4, 9, 10, and 12, and that They Might Be Giants are pretty much the only band with regular CDs longer than 15 tracks... among the bands I listen to anyway) that and I tried to avoid duplication. :) >> Here's mine: 1. Reel Big Fish - The Set Up (You Need This) 2. U2 - With or Without You 3. A3 - Ain't Goin' to Goa 4. INXS - Mediate 5. They Might Be Giants - She's an Angel 6. Dub Pistols - Cyclone 7. SR71 - Right Now 8. You Were Spiraling - Take on Me 9. Soul Coughing - Circles (off of the WHFS 'Just Passin' Thru vol. 3 cd [live accoustic]) 10. Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al 11. Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole 12. Bob Dylan - All Along the Watchtower 13. Rammstein - Du Hast 14. Trio - Da da da 15. Primus - Wynonna's Big Brown Beaver 16. Goldfinger - Superman or 99 Luft Balloons 17. Pietasters - Out all Night 18. Save Ferris - Come on Eileen 19. Barenaked Ladies - If I had $1,000,000 20. Softcell - Tainted Love Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 14:44:53 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <3968C825.C3DC1289@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion I don't get it either. -acs HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > > I don't quite get it. > > All I know is that most of my favorite songs end up on track #9. > > Lydia > Since 1837 ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:13:58 EDT Subject: TMBG: help with house of blues concert.. a few weeks ago i posted that i had no way to get tickets for the los angeles house of blues tmbg show and someone (booner? that name is familiar, but probably wrong) offered to get me one. i emailed him and said thanks, but that i had the problem worked out.well.. i DON'T have the problem worked out, unfortunately. if you can still get me a ticket, please email me privately and let me know. i'll be getting into l.a. next sunday so can pay you back any time after that. jennifer "[sic]... music is so important but there's no point in deconstructing anything. At the end of the day, talking about music is like wanking about rain" - Alex James; Blur ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3968F60A.39EC79C4@freewwweb.com> Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 13:00:42 -0700 From: Frogstar Organization: Dragonet Designs Webpage Building Subject: TMBG: Ultimate TMBG CD 0 Token Back to Brooklyn 1 Don't Let's Start (The Best of the Early Years) 2 I Palindrome I 3 Ana Ng (The Best of the Early Years) 4 Exquisite Dead Guy 5 Metal Detector 6 Older 7 *Tie* Particle Man and Operators Are Standing By 8 Dark and Metric 9 Dinner Bell 10 James K. Polk 11 She's an Angel 12 Which Describes How You're Feeling 13 See The Constellation 14 They'll Need a Crane 15 *tie* Shoe Horn With Teeth and Turn Around 16 Until My Head Falls Off 17 *tie* We're the Replacements and Fingertips 18 (or after fingertips) Spacesuit or Planet of the Apes (all of them) ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <5a.7aac3a7.269a36a8@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:12:24 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion 1. Fugazi - Waiting Room 2. TMBG - Birdhouse in Your Soul 3. Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights 4. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get 5. Buzzcocks - What Do I Get? (Live) 6. The Vandals - I've Got An Ape Drape 7. Sex Pistols - No Fun 8. A New Found Glory - Winter of '95 9. Neil Norman & the Cosmic Orchestra - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai 10. MU330 - X-Mas Cards 11. TMBG - No One Knows My Plan 12. Sid Vicious - My Way 13. Rancid - Old Friend 14. Bad Religion - 21st Century Digital Boy 15. The Damned - Smash It Up 16. Bruce Lee Band - I'm In Love With A Girl Named Spike (acoustic) 17. Minor Threat - Think Again 18. Red Elvises - My Love Is Killing Me (Six String Samurai soundtrack) 19. Wesley Willis - I Wupped Batman's Ass 20. TMBG - The End Of The Tour 21. Simaryp - Skinhead Moonstomp 22. Rancid - Coppers 23. Minor Threat - Cashing In 24. Theme From "Gremlins" (Sci-Fi Greatest Hits) 27. Operation Ivy - I Got No 28. Ramones - The KKK Took My Baby Away 30. Ramones - Rock And Roll High School 31. Peter Tosh w/The Skatalites - Shame And Scandal 38. TMBG - Space Suit Note that there's a LOT of punk out towards the end, as a lot of my favorite acts put out massive "Complete Discographies" with 20+ tracks... Plus, I don't really MIND back-to-back Ramones... Anyway, I think I may have a pretty good shot at "most bizarre arrangment of songs..." ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <79.68cd0aa.269a3815@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:18:29 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Addition. Track 25 should be Pimp Daddy Welfare's "Thieves In The Temple." ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:06:41 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck << I think he wears one in the Birdhouse video (maybe The Statue Got Me High too). >> Actually, if I could think of a clothing item that would most SUIT everyone's favorite Massachusetts Accordionist, aside from those ever-present Converses (BTW, I've seen him in black almost bikerish looking boots before, O yeah ;) ) it would be the turtleneck. He just seems to be a turtleneck person. I could see him with a beret on too, and those big square glasses he wore in some of the Giant Cam videos, LOL. I'll stop now :) Lydia Odd and Beatnikish since 1837 ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <7f.6cdb8ed.269a4507@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:13:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck I know, and Ana Ng, I LOVE that coat. I actually drew a pic of him as a wolf, jumping up and down with a big accordion and that coat :) Lydia Always Inspired Since 1837 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200007092216.SAA14905@fellspt.charm.net> From: "Matt James" Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:14:22 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: my bumpah/No! On 9 Jul 00, at 12:59, Christi587@aol.com wrote: > << Still, I'm glad I'm getting it regardless of the extra weeks > to wait for it. At least we're going to receive it at all, unlike a > certain TMBG-list t-shirt that was promised to us. -Matt >> > > Oh, will the slings and arrows never cease... Oh, will the money ever return to us... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.2.7.2.20000709170713.00b889b0@pop3.xprt.net> Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 17:35:01 -0700 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: ultimate TMBG album, sorta Ugh, I hate lists like this, but I'm bored, so... here goes: 1. Subliminal 2. I Palindrome I 3. Birds Fly 4. Rat Patrol 5. Metal Detector 6. Where Your Eyes Don't Go 7. Spider 8. Mr. Me 9. We Want a Rock 10. Certain People 11. Hall of Heads 12. Minimum Wage 13. See the Constellation 14. Absolutely Bill's Mood 15. Turn Around 16. Till My Head Falls Off (live) 17. We're the Replacements 18. Don't Let's Start (single mix) 19. Rhythm Section Want Ad 20. The End of the Tour I especially hated leaving off "Spiraling Shape" and "No One Knows My Plan". Oh well. Kerry http://www.xprt.net/~murmur ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 20:51:07 EDT Subject: TMBG: The TMBG album Well, here's the TMBG album I'd make: 1. She's an Angel 2. Don't Let's Start 3. They'll Need a Crane 4. Nightgown of the Sullen Moon 5. Ana Ng 6. Cowtown 7. Hey Mr. DJ 8. It's Not My Birthday 9. Istanbul (not Constantinople) 10. Birdhouse in Your Soul 11. Till My Head Falls Off 12. Shoehorn With Teeth 13. Number 3 14. Rhythm Section Want Ad 15. Purple Toupee 16. Mr. Me 17. World's Address (Joshua Fried Mix) 18. We're the Replacements 19. When it Rains it Snows 20. No one Knows my Plan Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710014449.11550.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: Mad Joshua Fried references. Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 18:44:48 PDT Every few weeks or so I find myself with a new favorite album out of my existing collection, which I make my sole option for music until I begin to finally want a little diversity. Last week I was nearing the end of my obsession with my most frequent choice, John Henry, and decided to change to my lesser-heard disc 2 of Then, causing me to reinitiate my love for Joshua Fried's brilliant remix of "The World's Address." No mix, Warren Rigg nor Dust Busters, can begin to compare to the dark and bizarre job Fried did. On several occasions I've tried to find out more about Fried, but the web site makes nearly no mention of him. This time around, though, I found a lot. I'm sure some people already know about all this, but if I didn't, someone else must not either. So, after a hundred words of drawn-out exposition, here are some links that will be sure to make you "raise your hand at any moment" and possibly wave both of them like you just don't care. (Sorry. I try.) First of all, Joshua's official site is at http://www.echonyc.com/~joshua and it has lots of information about his new project, Headset Sextet, which features six on-stage vocalists singing along with pre-recorded material. You can download a full song, "They Call Him," that's quite reminiscent of his Misc. T track. Then linked from that is an even more extensive page, at http://www.mvdaily.com/articles/2000/02/emfried1.htm , that features lots of pictures of Fried, lots of pictures of different sets of vocalists performing in Headset Sextet (Robyn Goldwasser's in there at one point), more bizarre soundclips, and a very long interview with Fried, who is as cool as one would expect him to be. I hope this is of some interest to someone. I still want to know want to know what the source material was for "World's Address," but maybe that will come in my next spout of unhealthy fandom, unless any of you know. That's all then. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710020445.5893.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: TMBG: Mad Joshua Fried references. Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 22:04:45 EDT No, offense, but Snail Dust was always my favorite remix. But the World's Address pulled in a close second. --Matt >From: "John Ferrer" >Reply-To: "John Ferrer" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Mad Joshua Fried references. >Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 18:44:48 PDT > >Every few weeks or so I find myself with a new favorite album out of my >existing collection, which I make my sole option for music until I begin to >finally want a little diversity. Last week I was nearing the end of my >obsession with my most frequent choice, John Henry, and decided to change >to >my lesser-heard disc 2 of Then, causing me to reinitiate my love for Joshua >Fried's brilliant remix of "The World's Address." No mix, Warren Rigg nor >Dust Busters, can begin to compare to the dark and bizarre job Fried did. >On >several occasions I've tried to find out more about Fried, but the web site >makes nearly no mention of him. This time around, though, I found a lot. >I'm >sure some people already know about all this, but if I didn't, someone else >must not either. So, after a hundred words of drawn-out exposition, here >are >some links that will be sure to make you "raise your hand at any moment" >and >possibly wave both of them like you just don't care. (Sorry. I try.) > >First of all, Joshua's official site is at http://www.echonyc.com/~joshua >and it has lots of information about his new project, Headset Sextet, which >features six on-stage vocalists singing along with pre-recorded material. >You can download a full song, "They Call Him," that's quite reminiscent of >his Misc. T track. > >Then linked from that is an even more extensive page, at >http://www.mvdaily.com/articles/2000/02/emfried1.htm , that features lots >of >pictures of Fried, lots of pictures of different sets of vocalists >performing in Headset Sextet (Robyn Goldwasser's in there at one point), >more bizarre soundclips, and a very long interview with Fried, who is as >cool as one would expect him to be. > >I hope this is of some interest to someone. I still want to know want to >know what the source material was for "World's Address," but maybe that >will >come in my next spout of unhealthy fandom, unless any of you know. That's >all then. >________________________________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710023220.71131.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Schnerb Fucious" Subject: Re: TMBG: Mad TV Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 22:32:20 EDT Yeah, I saw it. Made me kinda mad, thinking that they saw the music that way. But the idea was obnoxious, I could throw-up looking at the look-a-like mom in that hidious bra. AAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710023820.91281.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 22:38:20 EDT ok i'll try this "all my favorites" thing.(non-TMBG 1- Peaches En Regalia -- Frank Zappa 2- Mr. Jones -- Talking Heads 3- Perfect -- Guster 4- Who Needs the Peace Corps? -- Frank Zappa 5- Road to Nowhere -- Talking Heads 6- Army -- Ben Folds Five 7- Pennsylvania -- John Linnell 8- The Drinking Song -- Moxy Fruvous 9- Martyr -- Rusted Root 10- Camarillo Brillo -- Zappa 11- Missing the War -- Ben folds five/The Last Polka -- BFF 12- My Poor Generation -- Moxy Fruvous 13- Inca Roads -- Zappa 14- Once In a Lifetime -- THeads/ Stairway to Heaven -- Zappa 15- Dinah-Moh-Humm I'm gonna stop here for now. Hoo-ah. -Ian ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <39693985.64F587EF@fruhead.com> Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 22:48:37 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG album MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote: > Well, here's the TMBG album I'd make: > > 1. She's an Angel > 2. Don't Let's Start > 3. They'll Need a Crane > 4. Nightgown of the Sullen Moon > 5. Ana Ng > 6. Cowtown > 7. Hey Mr. DJ > 8. It's Not My Birthday > 9. Istanbul (not Constantinople) > 10. Birdhouse in Your Soul > 11. Till My Head Falls Off > 12. Shoehorn With Teeth > 13. Number 3 > 14. Rhythm Section Want Ad > 15. Purple Toupee > 16. Mr. Me > 17. World's Address (Joshua Fried Mix) > 18. We're the Replacements > 19. When it Rains it Snows > 20. No one Knows my Plan um, I think you've missed the point. the tracks have to have the same number as they do on the albums they come from (but you can use any official recording - so you could put Nightgown of the Sullen Moon at 5, 22, or 4, for example) I think it should probably be limited to 19 tracks, though... as much as I love End of the Tour, having 20 tracks pretty much forces that to be on the album, since most of their other releases have fewer than 20 tracks, and some people might not want to include it, although I have yet to meet someone who dislikes that song :) -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "And I don't know whether I believe in me, but I still believe in my friends." -The Nields ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:01:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: Blueman I hate to make a plug for a band on this list, but I really think a lot of you would like this group. Their name is Blueman Group, and their CD is called Audio. It kicks major ass. All of their music is made using PVC pipes and other...stuff. Mostly construction or plumbing type things. Don't worry, it's nothing like that band from Tool Time (the show within Home Improvement). They also have a site at www.blueman.com. Check it out...they have lots of cool videos of their instruments (including a drum with a 6 foot diamater, air poles, and PVC tubas, trombones and all sorts of other crazy crap) which you can watch and some sound files which you can also watch...I mean listen to. If any of you have actually heard of these guys, or seen them live, I'd like to know what you think about them cause I love 'em! Now go check them out!!! Jon ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:17:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG album In a message dated 7/9/00 10:48:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes: << I think it should probably be limited to 19 tracks, though... as much as I love End of the Tour, having 20 tracks pretty much forces that to be on the album, since most of their other releases have fewer than 20 tracks, and some people might not want to include it, although I have yet to meet someone who dislikes that song :) >> I'm pretty sure that I missed the point. I didn't understand it, but now I'll re-vamp my list. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <3f.740f0df.269a9aa8@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:19:04 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion In a message dated 7/9/00 10:39:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmbgbffmfgus@hotmail.com writes: << Martyr -- Rusted Root >> I'd actually ad this to my list, but it'd be a tie with Drum Trip, Ecstacy, and Send Me on My Way (all by Rusted Root). Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <17.7fb9c70.269a9e30@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:34:08 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion In a message dated 7/9/00 8:20:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, MikeTheGiant@aol.com writes: << << Martyr -- Rusted Root >> I'd actually ad this to my list, but it'd be a tie with Drum Trip, Ecstacy, and Send Me on My Way (all by Rusted Root). >> You rule!!! They're an incredibly band...go buy their album, all of you!!! Jon ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710033644.2635.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: TMBG: Blueman Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 23:36:44 EDT OH YEAH, I saw them on Jay Leno. Excuse my ghetto but that was whack shit. One of the guys took the pipes and like stuck them in Mel Gibsons mouth. Personally I didn't like it, but to each his own.... --Matt >From: MrBean43@aol.com >Reply-To: MrBean43@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Blueman >Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:01:16 EDT > >I hate to make a plug for a band on this list, but I really think a lot of >you would like this group. > >Their name is Blueman Group, and their CD is called Audio. It kicks major >ass. > >All of their music is made using PVC pipes and other...stuff. Mostly >construction or plumbing type things. Don't worry, it's nothing like that >band from Tool Time (the show within Home Improvement). > >They also have a site at www.blueman.com. Check it out...they have lots of >cool videos of their instruments (including a drum with a 6 foot diamater, >air poles, and PVC tubas, trombones and all sorts of other crazy crap) >which >you can watch and some sound files which you can also watch...I mean listen >to. > >If any of you have actually heard of these guys, or seen them live, I'd >like >to know what you think about them cause I love 'em! > >Now go check them out!!! > > Jon ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <84.7c01e63.269a9f18@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:38:00 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re-vamped list Here's the re-vamped TMBG song list that I'd have: 1. Ana Ng 2. Snail Shell/Till My Head Falls Off *tie 3. They Got Lost (Live) 4. Purple Toupee/Istanbul (not Constantinople) *tie 5. Metal Detector 6. The Statue Got Me High 7. Spider/Particle Man *tie 8. The Guitar/Twisting *tie 9. Dinnerbell/Spiralling Shape *tie 10. James K. Polk 11. She's an Angel/No One Knows My Plan *tie 12. Santa's Beard 13. The Bells are Ringing 14. See The Constellation/They'll Need A Crane *tie 15. Shoehorn With Teeth 16. Stand on your own Head 17. Alienation's For the Rich 18. (Can't remember the title of the song, please forgive me...but from John Henry) 19. Rhythm Section Want Ad 20. It's Not My Birthday I hope that this is a little better. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:18:35 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8kbmll$7k8$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Blueman > If any of you have actually heard of these guys, or seen them live, I'd like > to know what you think about them cause I love 'em! Haven't they been on the Tonight Show a few times? They're pretty good. They're nothing like TMBG (for those of you unfamiliar with them), but worthy of a listen to see if you'd like them. It's amazing to see what kinds of sounds they can make with those pipes. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 02:34:38 +0400 From: "Vladimir" Message-ID: <8kbmp3$7mm$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0" ------=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) http://yellow-pages.agava.ru =20 ------=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources)
http://yellow-pages.agava.ru = ------=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0-- ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="flag_eng.gif" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Location: http://yellow-pages.agava.ru/html/images/flag_eng.gif R0lGODlhQwAuAPf/AMDAwBAQECEhISkpKTExMTk5OUJCQkpKSlJSUlpaWmtra4SEhIyMjJycnKWl pbW1tcbGxs7OztbW1t7e3ufn5//395SMjPfn5//v73Nra+fW1jEpKdatree1tf/Gxv+9vSEYGPel pa1zc/+lpZxjY++EhP+MjP97e/dzc/9SUv9CQv85OSkICP8pKVIICP8YGP8ICDkAAGsAAM4AANYA AN4AAPcAAP8AAP9COf8xKf8QCP8IAP+UjP9rY/+tpf+clP9SQv85Kf+9tf/Oxt6tpf/Gvf+UhP+M e//e1v/n3v/ezv/v5zkxKf/358bGvZSUjIyMhGNjWkJCOSkpIff//+///2tzc97//ykxMdb//87/ /73//xghIbX//63//0re/4zn/6Xn/1LO/3vW/xAhKSm9/2vO/1LG/6Xe/4zW/3PG95TW/0K1/ymt /xCl/73W563e/1Kt7wic/zGl/xic/wiU/4TG/0qt/zml/ymM3iGc/xiU/wiM/wCM/xAhMUKl/xBr vRCM/wBarQBrzu/3/73e/63O75S11pzG73ut3nOt5wgQGABz5ymM/wB7/5S13jmE3hhz3hh77wBK pQBaxgBz/1KU7wAYOQBSxgBr9wBr/yl79wBKtQBKvQgYMQBKxgBa5wBj/97n9wApcwBa/87e/wAQ MQBCxgBK3gBS787W5wAxnAA5tQA5vQBC3gBK7wBK9wAYUgApjHuU3muM5wBC987W7wAYYwA55wA5 7wA5973G53uMzgAhlAAhnAAx5wAx7wAhrQAp5wAp762155yl3iExrRAhpYyU1nN7xgAQnGNrxlJa vUJKtTE5refn7+/v997e54yM3ggIEAAAEIyEzr21797W/3tzlIRjtYRarYxjrXtjjJxrtZRjrYRC jP/v//fO96VanL1zrf/O7+eczntCY8ZjnL1KhP+11tZalLVKe//G3s5ShNZahOdzlNZCa/dKc+c5 Y/+Mpd6MnPdac/85Uv9KWv8xQv8pOf9ze85KUv9SWv9CSv8IEAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAAABDAC4A QAj/AAEIHEiwoMGDCBMqXMiw4cFOsCI6gndDCIAuc0jRAXCj4w0AOW68OOFh4BU8uUj1EnDAgcOX AzGRikjKjZk1aAQiwcHRIwA2WZrc+OZIjhk0hcCIEcSyAcynACZY8XOLVatTrFbFmiZggAACBQ4k UKAgihRPo4J9UkOFgwuWLmEiU6asGa9kyohBBYAXmUBeypghbKasGFRCzRIrbuYXAK9muwAQqxtZ lDO6yozpxZtMYLJjvADYYubssS0AzQQ7a7aM0N6Xg5LdGOIFVqpUoG7n6tOzI4A6ryLCqgUr1J53 N05ceP3ShscgI8gVCkOlSA+P2LNDlw6nFLt9cJkv/3xU8EjHcY5qBer9kU/EXI4AGLlxrs/MlQec it/P3+ExZbzswoxhAOwylzG27KLMMQUq44xAxigTGWF6ibJMYQAUQ1dnAl3GDCGE0BVZfwkRsssu p5GookE39AAAItAcFA0AL/jUBy6oMKJIjCs2RAkpoYhzQxJaVIJLLrC8wgd7AMhRySazqHNPRzAk AYAXkzDQQAQ9DkTPNWY4kgswlXjTUT9FCISdCid8AMAVbZAizJG2kSJLeF0CkMcY4eiTnUcv/ICd QCr8AI6ff9KAZ5eYwJILkpnckQUAI9zQThlM1pHSFR/ckI0mSMKi0qI9EuFPR/7UI40jMw0nB0cz yP8QQwGXVPUKKbrEh0RH9phDap4AVABBAxkkYEABBRiAgAINQMAjQcI2YIWxyBqgwAPAOiTKS9u+ piGDADQmmTEMEkPutqMdk4xihNiSGQCEcPYXM8kYE5qCzsRb11N4PSgQgSEeA+J/tri2SzPrIuOa hs2cNlkzohBz2lwSHuiZMhwCe4y/8EbYbbbihdAQBias8AIAcVhiCMgLcXPDD1swAskjqjzzRiKR NJJpLaTUggsokByiCiEaoNABy5+Ess0NSGzRM88RLTloHzyHookjjVSTzw08APBGBSDLBIsm6DBN xRyvPMrboNbEg10OPgiUBim+FIBAXF3mkd4vsDj/ss4NQAhUxRVMDjEQFVeE8UfPot6ZH7AdpZDO Gm1o8qQ8O/SAQaV/3tBPOXbooclMpPQByK8qlgBE56zfgEESJqTQeg1NASuTJmyUMgI/L/SOQgUY MAnAEjeo80Uhu/fegj4ioE6i2MMJMwwsZwDgwQ3zMOkILFoocYM2pORCHJKO490jJ5XMocYWA8nu jiPxDVpHKrlUUoUPN3RTCU34mb8i2EPogQ46gg9a7E9JmSLFTH7BG0HlgxaOWIXzSFQBEmBDEpUI hQIV+ApGWIAFAhAAFriwgQEMwBSycMUrNDEpE9yAdo8DGQSekAAmkGERAQDBBqZAAAIYIAoLcAAE 4SIgASc4AApRYMIiqBGAaWBhgnmawAMawAAtPWACDKHAFKvYLLCx7IsMSdCJxvixl9hiGc7wlygG dBABGWMZzAmRhAQCx71EKEWE4EUZCfIf17zmQvZahmAkAxjNTEYZBfvPhJSxrbnAkRcagqMjM/Qg vPBiGYdMkUPcpYyFfYwZyvDLhepojAfhC1508WMf6UgXOIqCLoaZDLheEiEOFaMZ/1IGHDXkjGJE 5hjGQIYmRylKXfKCF8fYljMEBspitMYYxvAjsJaBIGQQhi57BCNMzMUMYuyiGMYgkDbH+ZKAAAA7 ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0-- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-10 ******************************