Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 11 Tuesday, 11 July 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: KILL THE POLLUTION! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-10 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-10 Re: TMBG: Re: Don't shay sandwiches, shay sammiches. Bish. -Reply Re: TMBG: Ultimate TMBG CD Re: TMBG: The TMBG album Re: TMBG: Re-vamped list TMBG: Re: Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) Re[2]: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtlene Re: TMBG: Blueman Re:TMBG: Blueman Re[2]: TMBG: Blueman TMBG: Re: Blueman TMBG: NSync Joke Re: TMBG: Re-vamped list Re: TMBG: Re: Blueman TMBG: Re: Mad Joshua Fried references. Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: NSync Joke TMBG: 4 of 2? TMBG: Re: NSync Joke TMBG: Re: Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) Re: TMBG: 4 of 2? TMBG: TMBG Deems City Of Angels Unsuitable for Live Performance Re: TMBG: Blueman Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: 4 of 2? Re: TMBG: 4 of 2? TMBG: Bob Dylan concert Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 02:39:50 -0500 Message-Id: <200007100739.CAA32219@ecommerce3.host4u.net> From: Alex Brittain Subject: TMBG: KILL THE POLLUTION! Hey, I am signing up for the street team at: http://www.boybandssuck.com Just click on that or copy and paste it into your web browser. It's going to be a pretty cool web site. Go check it out and sign up for the street team too. Kill the pollution! Alex Brittain GhostKrabb@webtv.net ip log: 209.240.200.88 message sent: Mon Jul 10 02:39:50 2000 please save this e-mail for reference ------------------------------ From: Josh2Face@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:08:33 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-10 Does anyone here enjoy the new album by Modest Mouse? I think its really killer, and was wondering if anybody else here listens to emo. Well, reply back if you want to..I guess, maybe... -Josh ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:15:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-10 I got the new Modest Mouse cd, and I like it a lot. Its a little more..smoother sounding than their other album of theirs I have ((Lonesome Crowded West))...sort of hard to explain but it seems to have a slightly more darkish lying undertones.....and "Alone Down There" creeps me out... ~^v^~Amber the Transcendent of The Alterians~^v^~ ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:21:20 +0100 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Don't shay sandwiches, shay sammiches. Bish. -Reply I thought it was an English Lord, not major, who invented the sandwich! Richard - Wimbledon Tennis is over! >>> "lanio@tmbg.org" 10/July/2000 08:53am >>> As yet another English major, I have to say that I take great offense at the implication that "sammiches" is somehow inferior to "sandwiches". Of course, I don't really like to eat sammiches, so maybe my opinion doesn't count. But don't sammiches just sound yummier? I say, yes! Lani O ("Yes!") >Mommy I wanna punnabudder an jeyey sammich! They is good in mah tummy!! > >> No. You are wrong. Therefore, you must be destroyed... permanently! Ha ha >> ha! Let's get those missiles ready to destroy you! >> >> Seriously, what's wrong with sammiches? At least they have >> neither sand nor witches in them. Think on that. >> >> "Count the legs, the arms and heads, and then divide by five" >> Frogurt >> ________________________________________________________________________ >> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com >> >> > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710143420.23542.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Ultimate TMBG CD Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:34:20 GMT Frogstar: >1 Don't Let's Start (The Best of the Early Years) I thought only LP's were allowed. Then again, I think it might have also been limited to twenty tracks, and I see we both broke that rule. But what fun is it if you play by the rules? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710143537.92780.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG album Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:35:37 GMT Lawrence Solomon: >I think it should probably be limited to 19 tracks, though... as much as I >love End of the Tour, having 20 tracks pretty much forces that to be on the >album, since most of their other releases have fewer than 20 tracks, and >some >people might not want to include it, although I have yet to meet someone >who >dislikes that song :) What? "The End Of The Tour" over "hey now everybody now"? You must be nuts! -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710144208.75443.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re-vamped list Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:42:08 GMT Mike Stabile: >13. The Bells are Ringing >14. See The Constellation/They'll Need A Crane *tie Isn't "See The Constellation" the thirteenth track? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan, making really short posts since 1837 DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710144649.34716.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:47:06 -0400 Hey Vlad where were ya? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vladimir" To: Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2000 6:34 PM Subject: TMBG: Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. > > ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 > Content-Type: multipart/alternative; > boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0" > > > ------=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 > Content-Type: text/plain; > charset="koi8-r" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) > http://yellow-pages.agava.ru > =20 > > ------=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 > Content-Type: text/html; > charset="koi8-r" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > > > http-equiv=3DContent-Type> href=3D"file://C:\WINDOWS\=F2=C1=C2=CF=DE=C9=CA = > =D3=D4=CF=CC\=F2=C1=C2=CF=DE=C9=CA =D3=D4=CF=CC\"> > > > > >
Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources)
>
href=3D"http://yellow-pages.agava.ru">http://yellow-pages.agava.ru IV> alt=3D"Yellow pages" border=3D0 height=3D0=20 > onload=3D"w1=3Dwindow.openw1=3Dwindow.open('http://yellow-pages.gq.nu/','= > _fmsgs');"=20 > src=3D"http://yellow-pages.agava.ru/html/images/flag_eng.gif" width=3D0> = > > > > ------=_NextPart_001_0029_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0-- > > ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0 > Content-Type: image/gif; > name="flag_eng.gif" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 > Content-Location: http://yellow-pages.agava.ru/html/images/flag_eng.gif > > R0lGODlhQwAuAPf/AMDAwBAQECEhISkpKTExMTk5OUJCQkpKSlJSUlpaWmtra4SEhIyMjJycnKWl > pbW1tcbGxs7OztbW1t7e3ufn5//395SMjPfn5//v73Nra+fW1jEpKdatree1tf/Gxv+9vSEYGPel > pa1zc/+lpZxjY++EhP+MjP97e/dzc/9SUv9CQv85OSkICP8pKVIICP8YGP8ICDkAAGsAAM4AANYA > AN4AAPcAAP8AAP9COf8xKf8QCP8IAP+UjP9rY/+tpf+clP9SQv85Kf+9tf/Oxt6tpf/Gvf+UhP+M > e//e1v/n3v/ezv/v5zkxKf/358bGvZSUjIyMhGNjWkJCOSkpIff//+///2tzc97//ykxMdb//87/ > /73//xghIbX//63//0re/4zn/6Xn/1LO/3vW/xAhKSm9/2vO/1LG/6Xe/4zW/3PG95TW/0K1/ymt > /xCl/73W563e/1Kt7wic/zGl/xic/wiU/4TG/0qt/zml/ymM3iGc/xiU/wiM/wCM/xAhMUKl/xBr > vRCM/wBarQBrzu/3/73e/63O75S11pzG73ut3nOt5wgQGABz5ymM/wB7/5S13jmE3hhz3hh77wBK > pQBaxgBz/1KU7wAYOQBSxgBr9wBr/yl79wBKtQBKvQgYMQBKxgBa5wBj/97n9wApcwBa/87e/wAQ > MQBCxgBK3gBS787W5wAxnAA5tQA5vQBC3gBK7wBK9wAYUgApjHuU3muM5wBC987W7wAYYwA55wA5 > 7wA5973G53uMzgAhlAAhnAAx5wAx7wAhrQAp5wAp762155yl3iExrRAhpYyU1nN7xgAQnGNrxlJa > vUJKtTE5refn7+/v997e54yM3ggIEAAAEIyEzr21797W/3tzlIRjtYRarYxjrXtjjJxrtZRjrYRC > jP/v//fO96VanL1zrf/O7+eczntCY8ZjnL1KhP+11tZalLVKe//G3s5ShNZahOdzlNZCa/dKc+c5 > Y/+Mpd6MnPdac/85Uv9KWv8xQv8pOf9ze85KUv9SWv9CSv8IEAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAAABDAC4A > QAj/AAEIHEiwoMGDCBMqXMiw4cFOsCI6gndDCIAuc0jRAXCj4w0AOW68OOFh4BU8uUj1EnDAgcOX > AzGRikjKjZk1aAQiwcHRIwA2WZrc+OZIjhk0hcCIEcSyAcynACZY8XOLVatTrFbFmiZggAACBQ4k > UKAgihRPo4J9UkOFgwuWLmEiU6asGa9kyohBBYAXmUBeypghbKasGFRCzRIrbuYXAK9muwAQqxtZ > lDO6yozpxZtMYLJjvADYYubssS0AzQQ7a7aM0N6Xg5LdGOIFVqpUoG7n6tOzI4A6ryLCqgUr1J53 > N05ceP3ShscgI8gVCkOlSA+P2LNDlw6nFLt9cJkv/3xU8EjHcY5qBer9kU/EXI4AGLlxrs/MlQec > it/P3+ExZbzswoxhAOwylzG27KLMMQUq44xAxigTGWF6ibJMYQAUQ1dnAl3GDCGE0BVZfwkRsssu > p5GookE39AAAItAcFA0AL/jUBy6oMKJIjCs2RAkpoYhzQxJaVIJLLrC8wgd7AMhRySazqHNPRzAk > AYAXkzDQQAQ9DkTPNWY4kgswlXjTUT9FCISdCid8AMAVbZAizJG2kSJLeF0CkMcY4eiTnUcv/ICd > QCr8AI6ff9KAZ5eYwJILkpnckQUAI9zQThlM1pHSFR/ckI0mSMKi0qI9EuFPR/7UI40jMw0nB0cz > yP8QQwGXVPUKKbrEh0RH9phDap4AVABBAxkkYEABBRiAgAINQMAjQcI2YIWxyBqgwAPAOiTKS9u+ > piGDADQmmTEMEkPutqMdk4xihNiSGQCEcPYXM8kYE5qCzsRb11N4PSgQgSEeA+J/tri2SzPrIuOa > hs2cNlkzohBz2lwSHuiZMhwCe4y/8EbYbbbihdAQBias8AIAcVhiCMgLcXPDD1swAskjqjzzRiKR > NJJpLaTUggsokByiCiEaoNABy5+Ess0NSGzRM88RLTloHzyHookjjVSTzw08APBGBSDLBIsm6DBN > xRyvPMrboNbEg10OPgiUBim+FIBAXF3mkd4vsDj/ss4NQAhUxRVMDjEQFVeE8UfPot6ZH7AdpZDO > Gm1o8qQ8O/SAQaV/3tBPOXbooclMpPQByK8qlgBE56zfgEESJqTQeg1NASuTJmyUMgI/L/SOQgUY > MAnAEjeo80Uhu/fegj4ioE6i2MMJMwwsZwDgwQ3zMOkILFoocYM2pORCHJKO490jJ5XMocYWA8nu > jiPxDVpHKrlUUoUPN3RTCU34mb8i2EPogQ46gg9a7E9JmSLFTH7BG0HlgxaOWIXzSFQBEmBDEpUI > hQIV+ApGWIAFAhAAFriwgQEMwBSycMUrNDEpE9yAdo8DGQSekAAmkGERAQDBBqZAAAIYIAoLcAAE > 4SIgASc4AApRYMIiqBGAaWBhgnmawAMawAAtPWACDKHAFKvYLLCx7IsMSdCJxvixl9hiGc7wlygG > dBABGWMZzAmRhAQCx71EKEWE4EUZCfIf17zmQvZahmAkAxjNTEYZBfvPhJSxrbnAkRcagqMjM/Qg > vPBiGYdMkUPcpYyFfYwZyvDLhepojAfhC1508WMf6UgXOIqCLoaZDLheEiEOFaMZ/1IGHDXkjGJE > 5hjGQIYmRylKXfKCF8fYljMEBspitMYYxvAjsJaBIGQQhi57BCNMzMUMYuyiGMYgkDbH+ZKAAAA7 > > ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BFEA17.64F9C0A0-- > > ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007109632.AA963250674@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:37:51 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtlene If that's the wolf-playing-an-accordion picture I'm thinking of, thats a wicked lil pic. Is he wearing Cons in that one? ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: I want to thank for putting back in my turtleneck Author: Date: 07/09/00 5:13 PM I know, and Ana Ng, I LOVE that coat. I actually drew a pic of him as a wolf, jumping up and down with a big accordion and that coat :) Lydia Always Inspired Since 1837 ------------------------------ Date: 10 Jul 2000 10:52:52 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248896127ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Blueman MrBean43@aol.com wrote: >I hate to make a plug for a band on this list, but I really think a lot of >you would like this group. > >Their name is Blueman Group, and their CD is called Audio. It kicks major >ass. I listened to most of one of their CDs and didn't like it. Seems like a gimmick band to me. The actual music takes backseat to the novelty of it being made from the PVC dodads. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007109632.AA963252373@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:06:10 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Blueman I have seen them live, in this tweensy little theater buried in the bowels of Manhattan about 2-3 years ago. They are amazing. Person-painting (painting With people, not painting On people), glow in the dark tubes dancing, drum-painting (that was truly spectacular), they climbed up the walls into the balcony all blue & shiny while strobes flashed (that was truly creepy), a bunch of stuff I've forgotten, cause they piled stuff on nonstop, the whole performance. Definitely go see them if you're in the city, or if they come your way. Art, comedy, music, weirdness. They are an experience. ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Blueman Author: Date: 07/09/00 11:01 PM I hate to make a plug for a band on this list, but I really think a lot of you would like this group. Their name is Blueman Group, and their CD is called Audio. It kicks major ass. All of their music is made using PVC pipes and other...stuff. Mostly construction or plumbing type things. Don't worry, it's nothing like that band from Tool Time (the show within Home Improvement). They also have a site at www.blueman.com. Check it out...they have lots of cool videos of their instruments (including a drum with a 6 foot diamater, air poles, and PVC tubas, trombones and all sorts of other crazy crap) which you can watch and some sound files which you can also watch...I mean listen to. If any of you have actually heard of these guys, or seen them live, I'd like to know what you think about them cause I love 'em! Now go check them out!!! Jon ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007109632.AA963252715@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:11:50 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Blueman Bongo sez: >> I listened to most of one of their CDs and didn't like it. Seems like >a gimmick band to me. The actual music takes backseat to the novelty of >it being made from the PVC dodads.<< Well, yeah. They're not "a band", the album is apparently of the kind of music they create in their act. It's definitely music, but the instruments themselves are as important as the actual music. Kind of like when the first piano concerto was written. I'm not sure how long Just the music would hold my attention, though. Video, maybe, but not just a CD. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:24:49 -0400 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <8kd44j$s8r$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Blueman MrBean43@aol.com wrote in message ... >I hate to make a plug for a band on this list, but I really think a lot of >you would like this group. > >Their name is Blueman Group, and their CD is called Audio. It kicks major >ass. > Blueman Group, love them or hate them, are not a band. They are theater, or maybe it's performance art, or maybe they are Goodwill Ambassadors of for the PVC industry. But not a band. Consider that they conduct on-going performances in four different cities...simultaneously. It's like a Broadway production. But there are, like, 20 different bluemen. I believe that they were all cloned from one original Blueman, Sal, and are numbered sequentially (except for "F"). One day The Mother Ship will return for them. That is all that I am at liberty to say at this time. Well, that and: Hi John and John Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <7c.7f61f5d.269b74cd@aol.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:49:49 EDT Subject: TMBG: NSync Joke I thought that you'd all like a little laugh, so here's a little NSync joke: What has 180 legs and no pubic hair? The front row of an N Sync concert. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <66.560aadf.269b75f9@aol.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:54:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re-vamped list In a message dated 7/10/00 10:43:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << Mike Stabile: >13. The Bells are Ringing >14. See The Constellation/They'll Need A Crane *tie Isn't "See The Constellation" the thirteenth track? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan, making really short posts since 1837 DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ >> Yes, you are correct, pardon me for my mistake, so the list would look like this: 13. The Bells Are Ringing/See The Constellation *tie 14. They'll Need A Crane Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <396A3C3C.A34768BC@freewwweb.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:12:28 -0700 From: Frogstar Organization: Dragonet Designs Webpage Building Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Blueman Yer Pal Paul wrote: > > MrBean43@aol.com wrote in message ... > >I hate to make a plug for a band on this list, but I really think a lot of > >you would like this group. > > > >Their name is Blueman Group, and their CD is called Audio. It kicks major > >ass. > > > Blueman Group, love them or hate them, are not a band. They are theater, or > maybe it's performance art, or maybe they are Goodwill Ambassadors of for > the PVC industry. But not a band. > > Consider that they conduct on-going performances in four different > cities...simultaneously. It's like a Broadway production. But there are, > like, 20 different bluemen. I believe that they were all cloned from one > original Blueman, Sal, and are numbered sequentially (except for "F"). One > day The Mother Ship will return for them. That is all that I am at liberty > to say at this time. > > Well, that and: > Hi John and John > > Yer Pal Paul > Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. Yah, I agree, they're more of a novelty, sorta like Stomp. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:24:37 -0400 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <8kd7ld$uof$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Mad Joshua Fried references. John Ferrer wrote in message <20000710014449.11550.qmail@hotmail.com>... >I hope this is of some interest to someone. I still want to know want to >know what the source material was for "World's Address," but maybe that will >come in my next spout of unhealthy fandom, unless any of you know. That's >all then. Interesting that this hasn't come up before (at least to my knowledge). I feel fairly certain that the "Someone in the club tonight has stolen my ideas" sample is comic Rich Hall. You remember him, the "Sniglets" guy (1). He was on SNL for a while and also Not Necessarily the News (was that HBO?). I have no proof or documentation on this claim except that it sounds just like him, and the quote itself sounds like something he would say. I would guess that it might have been taken from a live comedy record of his, or something. Rich is still working, and you can find more info from his booking agent here: http://www.atlantic-entertainment.com/bios/hall.htm The "Feel free to raise your hand at any moment" sample also sounds like someone familiar. I'm thinking of some mousy looking character actor that showed up mostly in B comedies. I can envision his face but I'm sure I don't know his name, or the film (or whatever) that this sample came from. Anyone? (1) A Sniglet is any word that does not appear in the dictionary but should. Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710193646.77336.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:36:46 EDT << << Martyr -- Rusted Root >> I'd actually ad this to my list, but it'd be a tie with Drum Trip, Ecstacy, < and Send Me on My Way (all by Rusted Root). < >> < < Message-ID: <8kdaja$10ja$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion It's a few days late, but I wanted to contribute my list too: 0. Token Back to Brooklyn 1. Dr. Worm 2. (She Thinks She's) Edith Head 3. They Got Lost (STD) 4. Why Does the Sun Shine? (STD) 5. Birdhouse in Your Soul (STD) 6. New York City 7. Particle Man 8. The Guitar 9. Ana Ng (STD) 10. James K. Polk 11. She's an Angel 12. Which Describes How You're Feeling 13. 14. A Self Called Nowhere 15. The Famous Polka 16. I Hope that I Get Old Before I Die 17. Snowball in Hell 18. Don't Let's Start (Misc. T) 19. Stomp Box 20. Hey Now Everybody Now ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <7e.751ada0.269b8a0a@aol.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:20:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: NSync Joke << I thought that you'd all like a little laugh, so here's a little NSync joke: What has 180 legs and no pubic hair? The front row of an N Sync concert. Mike Stabile >> Funny. Tastless and quite blunt, but funny! Lydia Odd, odd people... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000710215325.88462.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: 4 of 2? Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:53:25 PDT Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know why the Johns decided to completely change the lyrics to their rarity "4 of 2" to make it a children's song? The original has been my favorite non-album song ever since I first heard it a good while back on some TMBG page. There was never much talk about it, which I found odd, because I think it's easily their darkest song yet, and great music, too. I'm at a loss as to why they would change the words, not to mention the entire theme. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as well as any information on the song, such as when it was recorded. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:08:38 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <396A4966.D03C5675@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: NSync Joke Cute. -acs MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote: > > I thought that you'd all like a little laugh, so here's a little NSync joke: > > What has 180 legs and no pubic hair? > The front row of an N Sync concert. > > Mike Stabile > > "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, > someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there > on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:06:34 -0400 From: "Joe" Message-ID: <8kdhhq$14gm$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) Oh good, I was looking for that. "Vladimir" wrote in message news:8kbmp3$7mm$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... Internet Yellow Pages (Russian resources) http://yellow-pages.agava.ru ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:14:42 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 4 of 2? In a message dated 7/10/00 4:54:30 PM EST, aceduke@hotmail.com writes: << Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know why the Johns decided to completely change the lyrics to their rarity "4 of 2" to make it a children's song? The original has been my favorite non-album song ever since I first heard it a good while back on some TMBG page. There was never much talk about it, which I found odd, because I think it's easily their darkest song yet, and great music, too. I'm at a loss as to why they would change the words, not to mention the entire theme. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as well as any information on the song, such as when it was recorded. >> Well, no one knows for sure except John and John, but my guess is that they needed material for the kids album fairly quickly, and perhaps they felt that kids might like the ultra-catchy tune to "4 of 2," so they adapted it for the kiddies. It was first performed about 4 months ago, and my guess is that's when it was recorded as well (though, again, no on knows for sure except the Johns). I loved the creepy original lyrics, too, but thankfully the music is still great, and we know that TMBG are geniuses at repackaging their music in interesting ways, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the original version pop up on an ep or something (kinda like the "adult" version of "Robot Parade" on the WUFTM ep). Someone ought to ask them about it the next time they have an online chat, or maybe send it to the "ask tmbg" section of the newsletter (although they'll probably just find it amusing that we pay such close attention to these things, like they did when someone asked them why they changed the line in "Token Back to Brooklyn" from "he says he killed our parents" to "he says he'll tell our parents"). Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <396A6908.6F8E9221@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:23:39 -0700 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: TMBG Deems City Of Angels Unsuitable for Live Performance I just found out that the July 20 L.A. House Of Blues show has been canceled! I have no information on if it will be rescheduled or moved to another venue. If anyone knows anything more, let us know. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000711024751.14895.qmail@web205.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:47:51 -0700 (PDT) From: Tortuga Morena Subject: Re: TMBG: Blueman This only applies to the Boston Blue Man Group show, as far as I know, but you can see it for free if you volunteer to usher before the show and clean up the toilet paper afterward. I won't go into detail here about how to go about signing up, since I'm assuming that the bulk of you aren't from New England, but anyone who wants more info should email me. --- MrBean43@aol.com wrote: > I hate to make a plug for a band on this list, but I > really think a lot of > you would like this group. > > Their name is Blueman Group, and their CD is called > Audio. It kicks major > ass. > > All of their music is made using PVC pipes and > other...stuff. Mostly > construction or plumbing type things. Don't worry, > it's nothing like that > band from Tool Time (the show within Home > Improvement). > > They also have a site at www.blueman.com. Check it > out...they have lots of > cool videos of their instruments (including a drum > with a 6 foot diamater, > air poles, and PVC tubas, trombones and all sorts of > other crazy crap) which > you can watch and some sound files which you can > also watch...I mean listen > to. > > If any of you have actually heard of these guys, or > seen them live, I'd like > to know what you think about them cause I love 'em! > > Now go check them out!!! > > > Jon __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get Yahoo! Mail Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <5f.7b8b0e7.269c0632@aol.com> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:10:10 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion In a message dated 7/10/00 12:37:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tmbgbffmfgus@hotmail.com writes: << I'd actually ad this to my list, but it'd be a tie with Drum Trip, Ecstacy, < and Send Me on My Way (all by Rusted Root). < >> < < > They didn't really break up...they're just taking time off for solo projects and stuff. In fact, they're playing a show on July 29th which I'm trying to go to. ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:13:05 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 4 of 2? In a message dated 7/10/00 4:15:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Kaylum@aol.com writes: << It was first performed about 4 months ago, and my guess is that's when it was recorded as well >> I know that 4 of 2 is older than that. It was on the old Dial a song.com for a while...please correct me if im wrong. I usually don't know jack about this type of stuff, but im fairly certain im right. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:16:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 4 of 2? << I know that 4 of 2 is older than that. It was on the old Dial a song.com for a while...please correct me if im wrong. I usually don't know jack about this type of stuff, but im fairly certain im right. >> You're absolutely right, but I was talking about the more recent kids album version. Sorry for the confusion! Kay ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:18:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: Bob Dylan concert In a message dated 7/11/00 1:11:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MrBean43@aol.com writes: << They didn't really break up...they're just taking time off for solo projects and stuff. In fact, they're playing a show on July 29th which I'm trying to go to. >> I'm going to a Bob Dylan concert on the 29th! Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-11 ******************************