Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 12 Wednesday, 12 July 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion TMBG: RE:TMBG Deems City Of Angels Unsuitable for Live Performance Re: TMBG: RE:TMBG Deems City Of Angels Unsuitable for Live Performance Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion TMBG: lincoln Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000711131803.25661.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:15:37 -0400 frankie muinez (or however his name is spelled) was on Donny and Marie. To hear the cheesy talk show band play boss of me was strictly nauseating. Chrissy ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:15:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New topic of discussion > I got this idea from my Ben Folds Five mailing list. Choose your ideal > TMBG album by track number. That's a pretty cool idea. Here's mine: 1. S-E-X-X-Y OR Ana Ng 2. Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head 3. Sleeping in the Flowers 4. Purple Toupee 5. AKA Driver OR Metal Detector OR Birdhouse in Your Soul (live) 6. Where Your Eyes Don't Go 7. It's Not My Birthday OR Operators Are Standing By 8. The Guitar 9. Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes OR Dinner Bell OR Reprehensible 10. Narrow Your Eyes OR First Kiss 11. Pet Name 12. Which Describes How You're Feeling 13. Lullabye to Nightmares 14. They'll Need a Crane OR A Self Called Nowhere 15. Chess Piece Face OR Meet James Ensor (live) 16. Women and Men OR Thermostat 17. Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love 18. Don't Let's Start (single mix) 19. Stomp Box 20. The End of the Tour That was much harder than it looks. Too many ties, I know. Beth ------------------------------ Date: 11 Jul 2000 10:24:02 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248811456ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: RE:TMBG Deems City Of Angels Unsuitable for Live Performance I called the HOB to double check and they say the show has been canceled also. (Even though their "up to date" concert line says they are playing on the 20th.) I'm hoping when the LA weekly come out this Thursday, we'll see an ad for the show at another time or place. -B O N G O Bongo wrote: > I just found out that the July 20 L.A. House Of Blues show has >been canceled! I have no information on if it will be rescheduled or >moved to another venue. If anyone knows anything more, let us >know. > >-B O N G O ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <97.7efcfe6.269cb1e4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:22:44 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: RE:TMBG Deems City Of Angels Unsuitable for Live Performance In a message dated 7/11/00 11:20:41 AM Mountain Daylight Time, ggr@wlg.com writes: > I'm hoping when the LA weekly come out this Thursday, we'll see an ad for > the show at another time or place. they should play the whisky or the roxy. i love those places. the mayan is nice too..i saw blur there last year jennifer "[sic]... music is so important but there's no point in deconstructing anything. At the end of the day, talking about music is like wanking about rain" - Alex James; Blur ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000711232927.34961.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:29:27 GMT makebase: >2. (She Thinks She's) Edith Head Why do people insist on putting parentheses in this title? I've never seen any "official" release put them in. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan, bothered that emusic spelled "Rest Awhile" with three words DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000711235541.80304.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:55:41 PDT >makebase: >>2. (She Thinks She's) Edith Head > >Why do people insist on putting parentheses in this title? I've never seen >any "official" release put them in. Because most songs with five or more words have more than half in parentheses. I never especially liked them anyway, it seems like it should only be applicable when the words in the parentheses are sung by background vocalists, which is sometimes the case. It apparently communicates with some bizarre human brainwave, making the title seem not as long as it really is, when it's obviously two whole characters longer. It also lets people feel more free to shorten the title, i.e. calling the Weird Al's "(This Song Is Just) Six Words Long" just "Six Words Long," and not feeling guilty about it. Not that anyone who would feel guilty about such a thing is fit to live, but you get the point. But in this case, I wouldn't want to call this song just "Edith Head," because it really has absolutely nothing to do with Edith Head. If you don't know who she is before you hear the song, you know just as much afterwards. Have I overanalyzed this enough? For the record, I don't care, I just needed something to do. Everyone can parenthesize as much as they want. Now what I DO mind is exclamation points in songs. It should be illegal. The Aquabats quickly moved to my bad side with their second album. --(The Third) John (Ranting about (nothing of any)) consequence (since now.) ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: PassatGuy2000@aol.com Message-ID: <33.76011b8.269d3ddc@aol.com> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:19:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: lincoln does anyone know who from lincoln is in tmbg ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-12 ******************************