Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 13 Thursday, 13 July 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Lincoln TMBG: Re: Lincoln TMBG: Re: Lincoln Re:TMBG: Re: Lincoln Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion TMBG: (She Thinks She's) Edith Head Re[2]: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion TMBG: Re: lincoln Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:16:55 -0400 (EDT) From: Jennivere Scagel Subject: TMBG: Lincoln Message-ID: Linnell is from lincoln, and TMBG played at one of my brest friend's high school about 7 years ago because she went to the main lincoln/sudbury high school. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm interested in things... Jenn Scagel -TMBG =^. .^= Meow! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000712131447.44874.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Lincoln Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:14:06 -0400 I think that he meant who in TMBG is from the band lincoln.. dan miller chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jennivere Scagel" To: Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 8:16 AM Subject: TMBG: Lincoln > Linnell is from lincoln, and TMBG played at one of my brest friend's high > school about 7 years ago because she went to the main lincoln/sudbury high > school. > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^ > I'm interested in things... Jenn Scagel > -TMBG =^. .^= > Meow! > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:17:39 -0400 (EDT) From: Jennivere Scagel Subject: TMBG: Re: Lincoln Message-ID: oops :) that's what i get for being from MA - we all think eveything mentioned has to do w/ us! On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Chrissy Rockwell wrote: > I think that he meant who in TMBG is from the band lincoln.. > dan miller > chrissy > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jennivere Scagel" > To: > Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 8:16 AM > Subject: TMBG: Lincoln > > > > Linnell is from lincoln, and TMBG played at one of my brest friend's high > > school about 7 years ago because she went to the main lincoln/sudbury high > > school. > > > > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > ^^ > > I'm interested in things... Jenn Scagel > > -TMBG =^. .^= > > Meow! > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007129634.AA963410062@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:54:18 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: Lincoln I'm more interested in finding out who she considers a "brest friend" !! Is that something like a bosom buddy, or something a little, umm, closer,,,? Snide since before Lydia knew how to spell it Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Re: Lincoln Author: Jennivere Scagel Date: 07/12/00 9:17 AM oops :) that's what i get for being from MA - we all think eveything mentioned has to do w/ us! On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Chrissy Rockwell wrote: > I think that he meant who in TMBG is from the band lincoln.. > dan miller > chrissy > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jennivere Scagel" > To: > Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 8:16 AM > Subject: TMBG: Lincoln > > > > Linnell is from lincoln, and TMBG played at one of my brest friend's high > > school about 7 years ago because she went to the main lincoln/sudbury high > > school. > > > > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > ^^ > > I'm interested in things... Jenn Scagel > > -TMBG =^. .^= > > Meow! > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:23:34 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8khut3$4rf$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion >>2. (She Thinks She's) Edith Head > >Why do people insist on putting parentheses in this title? I've never seen >any "official" release put them in. Sorry. I thought it was official. Please feel free to alter my list electronically any way you see fit to make you feel better. Also, you can replace "The Guitar" with the STD version of "Istanbul" if you want. (Notice I didn't include the parenthetical portion of that title either, just to keep consistant with my erroneous use and disuse of parentheses.) ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:27:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion In a message dated 7/12/00 10:25:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, makebase@tmbg.cc writes: << Sorry. I thought it was official. Please feel free to alter my list electronically any way you see fit to make you feel better. Also, you can replace "The Guitar" with the STD version of "Istanbul" if you want. (Notice I didn't include the parenthetical portion of that title either, just to keep consistant with my erroneous use and disuse of parentheses.) >> It's okay to use parenthesis in the title, "Istanbul (not Constantinople)", because we all know that, this is the 'official' title of it. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:43:04 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8ki01l$5ha$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Here are some more titles I can mangle: (She's An) Angel S-E-X(-X-Y) (Sen)Surround (Why Does the Sun Shine?) The Sun Is a Mass of Incandescent Gas (You're) Older (Than You've Ever Been) (Birdhouse In Your Soul) ( ) Track 13 from Misc. T Ana Ng (I Don't Want the World, I Just Want Your Half) New (Live Free or Die!) Hampshire Okay, I'll stop now. I really do try to get the titles right. I'll do more research next time. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:03:52 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8ki18l$66v$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Okay, last post about this from me. According to Emusic, the official title of the song is in fact "(She Thinks She's) Edith Head." That's what it says on the Long Tall Weekend page. I believe that makes my citation "parenthetically correct." Not that it matters. I personally think the use of parentheses in song titles is annoying. Anyway, I was right; you were wrong (just kidding). ------------------------------ Date: 12 Jul 2000 08:13:22 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248732896ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: (She Thinks She's) Edith Head Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >>2. (She Thinks She's) Edith Head >Why do people insist on putting parentheses in this title? I've never seen >any "official" release put them in. The official title is in fact "(She Thinks She's) Edith Head" ... with parenthesis and all. That's how its written in the PDF liner notes from emusic. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007129634.AA963414744@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:12:19 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion That was the most gracious "nyah - nyah" I've heard in a long time. Anybody can say "whatever" when they're wrong. Saying "whatever" when you're right takes Talent,dude! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Author: "makebase" Date: 07/12/00 9:03 AM Okay, last post about this from me. According to Emusic, the official title of the song is in fact "(She Thinks She's) Edith Head." That's what it says on the Long Tall Weekend page. I believe that makes my citation "parenthetically correct." Not that it matters. I personally think the use of parentheses in song titles is annoying. Anyway, I was right; you were wrong (just kidding). ------------------------------ Date: 12 Jul 2000 08:25:23 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248732174ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion On Thursday, August 31, 1939, makebase@tmbg.cc wrote: >Okay, last post about this from me. > >According to Emusic, the official title of the song is in fact "(She Thinks >She's) Edith Head." That's what it says on the Long Tall Weekend page. I >believe that makes my citation "parenthetically correct." Not that it >matters. I personally think the use of parentheses in song titles is >annoying. Anyway, I was right; you were wrong (just kidding). I sent a message saying the exact same thing and worded almost exactly the same way ...just a few seconds after you did. We must think alike. (Believe me, I didn't rip you off.) If I didn't stop to spell check, I would have beat you to it. Anyway, I sort of agree with you about the parenthesis thing. My theory is that the concept first came about with the release of popular singles. The record companies wanted people to recognize the song by its title even if that meant adding a few more lyrics before or after what should have been the actual title. I think the parenthesis were unnecessary for Edith Head. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:18:40 -0400 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <8ki5pc$90s$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: lincoln Dan Miller, guitar and Danny Weinkauf, bass guitar are both formerly of the great band, Lincoln. -Mike wrote in message news:33.76011b8.269d3ddc@aol.com... > does anyone know who from lincoln is in tmbg ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:17:43 -0400 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <8ki5nk$8ti$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: New topic of discussion Actually, it appears that way on my LTW promo disc.. -Mike Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote in message news:20000711232927.34961.qmail@hotmail.com... > makebase: > >2. (She Thinks She's) Edith Head > > Why do people insist on putting parentheses in this title? I've never seen > any "official" release put them in. > -- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.2.7.0.20000712155321.00a8f570@email.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:01:44 -0700 From: Jason Subject: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Hey, Some of you may remember me, I was on the list for over two years before unsubscribing about two months ago. I'm not re-subscribing or anything, I just wanted to share my sob story and look for some sympathy :) Misery loves company, right? Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, I had about 80 cds in there, almost a quarter of which were TMBG cd's, including my rarities such as Live in NYC, the Guitar, LTW, What We Did Last Summer, and my brand new Working Undercover FTM cd. Well, they're all gone now; almost every cd I own. I don't have a single TMBG cd to my name. Also gone are all of my Moxy Fruvous and Marcy Playground cd's, not to mention Lincoln and Mono Puff :( I've already alerted the local used cd stores and called the police, not that I'm expecting anything to come of it. I know this is way off topic, I just wanted someone's shoulder to cry on :) Later, --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000713002421.15914.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:24:21 EDT Dude, after just paying $30 for The Guitar and $40 for Live in NYC, I can say that that must hurt. BTW, I didn't know that many theives appreciated TMBG. --M A T T >From: Jason >Reply-To: Jason >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Non-TMBG: Sob Story >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:01:44 -0700 > >Hey, > >Some of you may remember me, I was on the list for over two years before >unsubscribing about two months ago. I'm not re-subscribing or anything, I >just wanted to share my sob story and look for some sympathy :) Misery >loves company, right? > >Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, I >had about 80 cds in there, almost a quarter of which were TMBG cd's, >including my rarities such as Live in NYC, the Guitar, LTW, What We Did >Last Summer, and my brand new Working Undercover FTM cd. Well, they're all >gone now; almost every cd I own. I don't have a single TMBG cd to my name. >Also gone are all of my Moxy Fruvous and Marcy Playground cd's, not to >mention Lincoln and Mono Puff :( > >I've already alerted the local used cd stores and called the police, not >that I'm expecting anything to come of it. > >I know this is way off topic, I just wanted someone's shoulder to cry on :) > >Later, > >--Jason-- ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:52:24 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <396D20D8.832ABC90@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story My car got broken into while in a driveway once, but that was my pre-tmbg years. Yeah, all they got was money, atm/credit cards and my cell phone. Hm. -acs Matt Brown wrote: > > Dude, after just paying $30 for The Guitar and $40 for Live in NYC, I can > say that that must hurt. BTW, I didn't know that many theives appreciated > TMBG. > > --M A T T > > >From: Jason > >Reply-To: Jason > >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > >Subject: Non-TMBG: Sob Story > >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:01:44 -0700 > > > >Hey, > > > >Some of you may remember me, I was on the list for over two years before > >unsubscribing about two months ago. I'm not re-subscribing or anything, I > >just wanted to share my sob story and look for some sympathy :) Misery > >loves company, right? > > > >Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, I > >had about 80 cds in there, almost a quarter of which were TMBG cd's, > >including my rarities such as Live in NYC, the Guitar, LTW, What We Did > >Last Summer, and my brand new Working Undercover FTM cd. Well, they're all > >gone now; almost every cd I own. I don't have a single TMBG cd to my name. > >Also gone are all of my Moxy Fruvous and Marcy Playground cd's, not to > >mention Lincoln and Mono Puff :( > > > >I've already alerted the local used cd stores and called the police, not > >that I'm expecting anything to come of it. > > > >I know this is way off topic, I just wanted someone's shoulder to cry on :) > > > >Later, > > > >--Jason-- > > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:38:21 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story << Matt Brown wrote: > > Dude, after just paying $30 for The Guitar and $40 for Live in NYC, I can > say that that must hurt. BTW, I didn't know that many theives appreciated > TMBG. >> Man you got ripped I payed only $5 for the Guitar and about $30 for the Live in NYC CD. They were both in Very good quality also. David Schmidt ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I am not dead, I just abandoned my body!" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-13 ******************************