Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 14 Friday, 14 July 2000 Today's Topics: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story TMBG: TMBG reference in XTC review Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story TMBG: Re: TMBG reference in XTC review Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story TMBG: Iowa and Driving Re: TMBG: Iowa and Driving TMBG: Re: TMBG reference in XTC review Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting TMBG: Re: TMBG reference in XTC review Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Re[2]: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re[2]: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Re[2]: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: TMBG: Iowa and Driving TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-13 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 13 Jul 2000 07:17:19 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248649860ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Jason wrote: >Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, I >had about 80 cds in there, almost a quarter of which were TMBG cd's, >including my rarities such as Live in NYC, the Guitar, LTW, What We Did >Last Summer, and my brand new Working Undercover FTM cd. Well, they're all >gone now; almost every cd I own. I don't have a single TMBG cd to my name. When my Pink album got scratched, I went to the music store to get a new one. I found a used one in excellent condition. When I came out my car was gone. I reasoned that the TMBG gods were punishing me for buying the CD used. (But nah... because I paid full price for it the first time.) Anyway, for those of you that a have CD burner, it might be best to make back ups of your rarities and seal the originals in a vault (or top shelf of bedroom closet or whatever.) -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000713143738.94868.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: TMBG: TMBG reference in XTC review Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:37:38 GMT Last night, I was reading a few reviews of XTC's latest album (the excellent Wasp Star, alternately titled Apple Venus Volume II), and I noticed that one of them actually started with a TMBG reference. This is what it said: "They Might Be Giants once wrote a song titled 'XTC vs. Adam Ant,' a geek rock battle royale pitting the literate, fractured pop of the former against the gaudy, disposable new wave of the latter. The song awarded Ant a cautious victory, mostly on the merits of his brief '90s comeback hit, "Wonderful." After a seven-year silence (no doubt spent brooding on this matter), XTC has reemerged to take its revenge. Last year's Apple Venus Volume One sounded Ant's death knell, and XTC announced its glorious rebirth through an awe-inspiring cycle of orchestral art-pop and lush, evocative lyricism." I don't know much about Adam Ant, so I was unaware that he had made a comeback song in the nineties. I guess the comparison makes a little more sense now. I was a bit puzzled by how TMBG could compare a still-recording band like XTC to a presumably washed-up one like Adam Ant, but the song WAS written during XTC's strike against Virgin Records, so I guess Adam Ant might have actually seemed to be on top back in 1996 or whenever. I wouldn't exactly say that John Flansburgh awards Adam Ant a victory, though; the song never really comes up with a "winner," and Flans has said in interviews that he prefers XTC. If you want to read the review, it's located at . -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:39:42 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <396DD4AE.395EB89F@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story So, uh...how many people here have had their car broken into or stolen all together? It seems like an awfully high number. Coincidence??? Hmmmmmmmm... -acs Bongo wrote: > > Jason wrote: > > >Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, I > >had about 80 cds in there, almost a quarter of which were TMBG cd's, > >including my rarities such as Live in NYC, the Guitar, LTW, What We Did > >Last Summer, and my brand new Working Undercover FTM cd. Well, they're all > >gone now; almost every cd I own. I don't have a single TMBG cd to my name. > > When my Pink album got scratched, I went to the music store to get a new one. I found a used one in excellent condition. When I came out my car was gone. I reasoned that the TMBG gods were punishing me for buying the CD used. (But nah... because I paid full price for it the first time.) > > Anyway, for those of you that a have CD burner, it might be best to make back ups of your rarities and seal the originals in a vault (or top shelf of bedroom closet or whatever.) > > -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <97.808a5f4.269f2f29@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:41:45 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story In a message dated 7/13/00 10:40:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, spruilla@epix.net writes: << So, uh...how many people here have had their car broken into or stolen all together? It seems like an awfully high number. Coincidence??? Hmmmmmmmm... -acs >> You know that those theives target us TMBG fans, don't you? I've never had my car broken into, but I fear for it every day. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000713144522.83014.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:45:22 EDT Not me. But it makes more sense to keep like 2 or 3 cds in your car at one time. I mean who really goes through 50 cds in one trip. I say just bring the cd your hooked on for the moment. --Matt >From: Adrienne Spruill >Reply-To: Adrienne Spruill >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story >Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:39:42 -0400 > >So, uh...how many people here have had their car broken into or stolen >all together? It seems like an awfully high number. Coincidence??? >Hmmmmmmmm... >-acs > >Bongo wrote: > > > > Jason wrote: > > > > >Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, >I > > >had about 80 cds in there, almost a quarter of which were TMBG cd's, > > >including my rarities such as Live in NYC, the Guitar, LTW, What We Did > > >Last Summer, and my brand new Working Undercover FTM cd. Well, they're >all > > >gone now; almost every cd I own. I don't have a single TMBG cd to my >name. > > > > When my Pink album got scratched, I went to the music store to get a >new one. I found a used one in excellent condition. When I came out my car >was gone. I reasoned that the TMBG gods were punishing me for buying the CD >used. (But nah... because I paid full price for it the first time.) > > > > Anyway, for those of you that a have CD burner, it might be best to >make back ups of your rarities and seal the originals in a vault (or top >shelf of bedroom closet or whatever.) > > > > -B O N G O ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000713151914.61823.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:19:14 EDT Mike, see as a teenage driver I don't have the skill to do that. I can hardly drive, let alone while juggling State Songs, STD and the I Palindrome I EP. --Matt >From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com >To: mrmattbrown@hotmail.com >Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story >Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:52:44 EDT > >In a message dated 7/13/00 10:46:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >mrmattbrown@hotmail.com writes: > ><< Not me. But it makes more sense to keep like 2 or 3 cds in your car at >one > time. I mean who really goes through 50 cds in one trip. I say just >bring > the cd your hooked on for the moment. > > --Matt >> > >Actually, you'd be amazed at how many cds I can listen to, in a matter of >an >hour. I'll listen to one song on one cd, than 2 songs on another, one on >yet >another cd, and so forth. I need to take my whole collection with me, >because, I can never make up my mind on what I want to listen to. > >Mike Stabile > >"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, >someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over >there >on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George >Carlin ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:17:44 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8kkmek$1if9$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG reference in XTC review >the gaudy, disposable new wave of the latter. The song awarded Ant a >cautious victory, mostly on the merits of his brief '90s comeback hit, >"Wonderful." After a seven-year silence (no doubt spent brooding on this >matter), XTC has reemerged to take its revenge. Last year's Apple Venus >Volume One sounded Ant's death knell, and XTC announced its glorious rebirth >through an awe-inspiring cycle of orchestral art-pop and lush, evocative >lyricism." I don't think the song awards either of them a victory. In fact, all it says is "History will decide." Doesn't that imply that the struggle continues on? Perhaps this quote is based on the fact that Ant is the last one mentioned as pulling ahead, but I don't think it is implying that Adam Ant has won. In fact, to see who TMBG really thinks would win the struggle, perhaps one can go by how many of either's songs They have covered. ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:58:24 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story In a message dated 7/13/00 11:20:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mrmattbrown@hotmail.com writes: > >Actually, you'd be amazed at how many cds I can listen to, in a matter of > >an > >hour That's why I've got a 10-disc in the trunk. (Well, that, and my brother's best friend, 16, flipped his car messing with a Discman. My parents got me the 10-disc for the next available gift-giving holiday.) ------------------------------ Date: 13 Jul 2000 09:04:17 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248643441ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Iowa and Driving Matt Brown wrote: >Mike, see as a teenage driver I don't have the skill to do that. I can >hardly drive, let alone while juggling State Songs, STD and the I Palindrome >I EP. Speaking of State Songs and driving. I'm jolted every time I hear "Iowa" while driving because it starts with a sudden long note that sounds like a car horn. It gets me every time. For a brief moment, I think someone is about to plow into me. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:02:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Iowa and Driving In a message dated 7/13/00 12:00:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ggr@wlg.com writes: > Speaking of State Songs and driving. I'm jolted every time I hear "Iowa" > while driving because it starts with a sudden long note that sounds like a > car horn. It gets me every time. For a brief moment, I think someone is about > to plow into me. You think that's bad? Fat Wreck Chords has a compilation that I love. It has a song by the Dickies called "My Pop the Cop." Which starts with a police siren. Guaranteed to scare the holy piss out of ANYONE who isn't expecting it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000713160253.7288.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG reference in XTC review Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:02:10 -0400 I think its because of all that the casual listener would know about XTC is Dear God. Which is before Wonderful...which was a huge hit..on AAA and some alt rock stations like WDRE. I was in middle school and It was my first expoxure to adam ant...its a great song ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 10:37 AM Subject: TMBG: TMBG reference in XTC review > Last night, I was reading a few reviews of XTC's latest album (the excellent > Wasp Star, alternately titled Apple Venus Volume II), and I noticed that one > of them actually started with a TMBG reference. This is what it said: > > "They Might Be Giants once wrote a song titled 'XTC vs. Adam Ant,' a geek > rock battle royale pitting the literate, fractured pop of the former against > the gaudy, disposable new wave of the latter. The song awarded Ant a > cautious victory, mostly on the merits of his brief '90s comeback hit, > "Wonderful." After a seven-year silence (no doubt spent brooding on this > matter), XTC has reemerged to take its revenge. Last year's Apple Venus > Volume One sounded Ant's death knell, and XTC announced its glorious rebirth > through an awe-inspiring cycle of orchestral art-pop and lush, evocative > lyricism." > > I don't know much about Adam Ant, so I was unaware that he had made a > comeback song in the nineties. I guess the comparison makes a little more > sense now. I was a bit puzzled by how TMBG could compare a still-recording > band like XTC to a presumably washed-up one like Adam Ant, but the song WAS > written during XTC's strike against Virgin Records, so I guess Adam Ant > might have actually seemed to be on top back in 1996 or whenever. I > wouldn't exactly say that John Flansburgh awards Adam Ant a victory, though; > the song never really comes up with a "winner," and Flans has said in > interviews that he prefers XTC. > > If you want to read the review, it's located at > . > -- > Eat your broccoli, > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ > > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com > > ------------------------------ Date: 13 Jul 2000 09:17:17 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248642661ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Chrissy Rockwell wrote: >frankie muinez (or however his name is spelled) was on Donny and Marie. To >hear the cheesy talk show band play boss of me was strictly >nauseating. If TMBG had any other country songs besides "Counterfeit Faker", Donny and Marie could do a TMBG version of their famous "I'm a little bit country/I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll" medley. (Not that I would actually want that to happen.) -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000713161623.90955.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:16:23 EDT There's always Unrelated Thing, but I don't know why I encourage you. --Matt >From: Bongo >Reply-To: Bongo >To: >Subject: Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting >Date: 13 Jul 2000 09:17:17 -0800 > > >Chrissy Rockwell wrote: > >frankie muinez (or however his name is spelled) was on Donny and Marie. >To > >hear the cheesy talk show band play boss of me was strictly > >nauseating. > > If TMBG had any other country songs besides "Counterfeit Faker", Donny >and Marie could do a TMBG version of their famous "I'm a little bit >country/I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll" medley. (Not that I would actually >want that to happen.) > >-B O N G O > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:24:36 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8kkqec$1l26$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting > If TMBG had any other country songs besides "Counterfeit Faker", Donny and Marie could do a TMBG version of their famous "I'm a little bit country/I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll" medley. (Not that I would actually want that to happen.) Isn't "Alienation's For the Rich" sort of country? Also, Mono Puff's "Don't I Have the Right?" seems a little bit country too. Anyway, I think it would be funny to see Donny and Marie cover a TMBG song. On the other hand, maybe not... ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:29:23 -0400 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <8kkqp0$1ldn$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG reference in XTC review Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote in message <20000713143738.94868.qmail@hotmail.com>... >I wouldn't exactly say that John Flansburgh awards Adam Ant a victory, though; >the song never really comes up with a "winner," and Flans has said in >interviews that he prefers XTC. I think that the reviewer was refering to the line "Just when you think it's finished, with XTC on top, Ant Music, like a Pheonix, climbs back up the charts." I think the reviewer viewed that as the final move, and not just one part of the cyclical nature of the battle. -Jay ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <9.8166cf4.269f4c62@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:46:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting In a message dated 7/13/00 12:13:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ggr@wlg.com writes: << If TMBG had any other country songs besides "Counterfeit Faker", Donny and Marie could do a TMBG version of their famous "I'm a little bit country/I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll" medley. (Not that I would actually want that to happen.) -B O N G O >> In actuallity, I think that "Cowtown" sounds a little bit like country. I get asked all the time, "Hey, what the hell is this? Is this country, coming out of your car?" Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007139635.AA963507671@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:01:06 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting To give this subject Way more than its allotted 15 minutes of fame: That "Lucky Ball & Chain" song, which is the only TMBG song I actually can't stand, so I don't even remember the title exactly. That's country enough fer me.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:07:20 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <396DF748.63A354D@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Yeah, well my car only has a radio. It doesn't even have a tape player. So not only do I have no CDs in my car, but I get the joy of listening to the radio. Ohhhh! -acs Matt Brown wrote: > > Not me. But it makes more sense to keep like 2 or 3 cds in your car at one > time. I mean who really goes through 50 cds in one trip. I say just bring > the cd your hooked on for the moment. > > --Matt > > >From: Adrienne Spruill > >Reply-To: Adrienne Spruill > >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > >Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story > >Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:39:42 -0400 > > > >So, uh...how many people here have had their car broken into or stolen > >all together? It seems like an awfully high number. Coincidence??? > >Hmmmmmmmm... > >-acs > > > >Bongo wrote: > > > > > > Jason wrote: > > > > > > >Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, > >I > > > >had about 80 cds in there, almost a quarter of which were TMBG cd's, > > > >including my rarities such as Live in NYC, the Guitar, LTW, What We Did > > > >Last Summer, and my brand new Working Undercover FTM cd. Well, they're > >all > > > >gone now; almost every cd I own. I don't have a single TMBG cd to my > >name. > > > > > > When my Pink album got scratched, I went to the music store to get a > >new one. I found a used one in excellent condition. When I came out my car > >was gone. I reasoned that the TMBG gods were punishing me for buying the CD > >used. (But nah... because I paid full price for it the first time.) > > > > > > Anyway, for those of you that a have CD burner, it might be best to > >make back ups of your rarities and seal the originals in a vault (or top > >shelf of bedroom closet or whatever.) > > > > > > -B O N G O > > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:24:29 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8kktsg$1nem$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Adrienne Spruill wrote in message <396DF748.63A354D@epix.net>... >Yeah, well my car only has a radio. It doesn't even have a tape player. >So not only do I have no CDs in my car, but I get the joy of listening >to the radio. Ohhhh! Good luck hearing them on the radio then. Maybe if they did a song with Britney Spears they'd get more airtime (terrible thought, I know--you can shoot me now). ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:26:08 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story In a message dated 7/13/00 1:25:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, makebase@tmbg.cc writes: << Good luck hearing them on the radio then. Maybe if they did a song with Britney Spears they'd get more airtime (terrible thought, I know--you can shoot me now). >> BANG!!!!!!! Mike "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:05:24 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8kl3pr$1qpl$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story I deserved that. MikeTheGiant@aol.com wrote in message ... >In a message dated 7/13/00 1:25:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, makebase@tmbg.cc >writes: > ><< Good luck hearing them on the radio then. Maybe if they did a song with > Britney Spears they'd get more airtime (terrible thought, I know--you can > shoot me now). > >> > >BANG!!!!!!! > >Mike > >"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, >someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there >on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007139635.AA963515440@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:10:36 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: Non-TMBG: Sob Story I hope you have a lot of time.... EVERYBODY is gonna want a shot. Line up, gang.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Author: "makebase" Date: 07/13/00 11:24 AM Adrienne Spruill wrote in message <396DF748.63A354D@epix.net>... >Yeah, well my car only has a radio. It doesn't even have a tape player. >So not only do I have no CDs in my car, but I get the joy of listening >to the radio. Ohhhh! Good luck hearing them on the radio then. Maybe if they did a song with Britney Spears they'd get more airtime (terrible thought, I know--you can shoot me now). ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:14:47 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8kl4b6$1r84$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Re[2]: Non-TMBG: Sob Story The greater deed would be to shoot Ms. Spears herself, but I understand. karinh@sterl.com wrote in message <0007139635.AA963515440@smtplink.sterl.com>... >I hope you have a lot of time.... EVERYBODY is gonna want a shot. >Line up, gang.... > Karin H >** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000713222910.51621.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:29:10 EDT The way I feel is that occasionally that song will sound better than Whistling In The Dark, and no I won't be on any substances. --Matt >From: karinh@sterl.com >Reply-To: karinh@sterl.com >To: >Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting >Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:01:06 -0400 > >To give this subject Way more than its allotted 15 minutes of fame: >That "Lucky Ball & Chain" song, which is the only TMBG song I actually >can't >stand, so I don't even remember the title exactly. That's country enough >fer >me.... > Karin H >** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:42:48 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <396E7E28.6177EC5F@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story BANG, BANG!! (one for you and one for the chick who's name I won't even mention, especially in the same sentence as TMBG.) -acs makebase wrote: > > The greater deed would be to shoot Ms. Spears herself, but I understand. > > karinh@sterl.com wrote in message > <0007139635.AA963515440@smtplink.sterl.com>... > >I hope you have a lot of time.... EVERYBODY is gonna want a shot. > >Line up, gang.... > > Karin H > >** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714043712.24256.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Iowa and Driving Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:37:12 PDT > > Speaking of State Songs and driving. I'm jolted every time I hear >"Iowa" while driving because it starts with a sudden long note that sounds >like a car horn. It gets me every time. For a brief moment, I think someone >is about to plow into me. > >-B O N G O I'm much more affected by the stream of various vehicle noises in "Idaho." I always slow my car down,thinking an ambulance is coming. (Or...I would...if I were a person that made a great deal of effort to slow down for an ambulance. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I follow the "A.K.A. Driver" school rules.) ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714044755.16891.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kristy Norman" Subject: TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:47:55 GMT My best friend was in my room the other day and I had Joshua Fried's "World's Address" on... he said that the beginning was from some rap song somewhere? Anyone else hear this, or are both he and I a little loopy? And for the record, I would love to use a little store speaker thing and say "paging mr. saxophone"... just to say I've done it kdawg All hail Justin's Alien Kitten Goddess Angel-Princess of the Squirrels, the Universe and Everything ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 00:52:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... I have done the "Paging Mr. Saxophone" thing at Target when I worked there once. Everyone recognized my voice, and was asking me, "Hey, where the hell is that from." And all the customers that saw me do it just gave me weird looks. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin In a message dated 7/14/00 12:48:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, justin_s_kitten@hotmail.com writes: << My best friend was in my room the other day and I had Joshua Fried's "World's Address" on... he said that the beginning was from some rap song somewhere? Anyone else hear this, or are both he and I a little loopy? And for the record, I would love to use a little store speaker thing and say "paging mr. saxophone"... just to say I've done it kdawg All hail Justin's Alien Kitten Goddess Angel-Princess of the Squirrels, the Universe and Everything >> ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <3a.7d041d9.269ff897@aol.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:01:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... I work at a school, and I was testing out the PA, and of course saying: "Paging Mr. Saxophone!". I also randomly page the empty desk to me with weird stuff like that. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714052114.50093.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kristy Norman" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-13 Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 05:21:14 GMT now i need to go b4 thinking about your loss makes me cry. "I'm sensitive, ya know." ~Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls ~~the princess........ or kdawg. you pick All hail Justin's Alien Kitten Goddess Angel-Princess of the Squirrels, the Universe and Everything ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-14 ******************************